ocnblu

Lambs & Lions, Rams & Peugeots

95 posts in this topic

March is coming in like a lamb here in my corner of the world. A good bit of snow should melt off today. Looking forward to milder weather and seeing some cool vehicles on the road. Post your spots here, folks!

1965 Chevrolet Impala Coupe, parked (sunk?) on the side of a garage/barn, blue-ish colored through the surface rust (surprisingly spotted for the first time on my way to work, buried in overgrowth & snow).

Was behind a giant burnt-orange Ford Super Duty, waiting at a light on U.S. Rt 1. What caught my eye was the Michigan Manufacturer plate. When it turned into the Ford dealer 1000' later, I caught a backwards glimpse of a completely different 2-bar grille in the vein of the Interceptor concept, and a different (smaller, higher) front fender vent. Special package (then why all the way from MI ?), or tease of 2011 ??

Was behind a giant burnt-orange Ford Super Duty, waiting at a light on U.S. Rt 1. What caught my eye was the Michigan Manufacturer plate. When it turned into the Ford dealer 1000' later, I caught a backwards glimpse of a completely different 2-bar grille in the vein of the Interceptor concept, and a different (smaller, higher) front fender vent. Special package (then why all the way from MI ?), or tease of 2011 ??

Sounds like the 2011 model..it's supposed to be out in the spring.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/24/2011-ford-super-duty-debuts-at-texas-state-fair-with-two-new-eng/

2011fordsuperduty_1_opt.jpg

On the thread, saw a dark gray '10 Camaro SS w/ bright yellow stripes and black custom wheels.

Today, I saw a Hyundai Genesis sedan with an unfamiliar grille. All it had was the chrome outline with a Genesis logo at the top... completely blacked out inside. Anyone else seen one of these on the road?

1400-b104-09ae_fv.jpg

Today, I saw a Hyundai Genesis sedan with an unfamiliar grille. All it had was the chrome outline with a Genesis logo at the top... completely blacked out inside. Anyone else seen one of these on the road?

Interesting...aftermarket grille, I presume..kind of gives it a Camry look.

Thanks, Cubitar- that's it (tho I'm not positive it was 2-toned as above). Big tough-looking monster, grille is a nice freshening - I'm gonna have to check it out when it's out.

genesis AM grille is no surprise- the stock grille is terrible.

Pizza Hut delivery guy tonight was driving a late model Chevy Silverado HD diesel 4x4 crew cab long bed, dark blue, lifted on 35 inch tires on black & chrome wheels, big custom bull bar on the front, 1/2 dozen extra lights...

Also saw a really clean silver blue w/ blue top and dark blue interior mid '90s Fleetwood Brougham. Still see a few of those beasties around.

This morning on the commute saw a sharp dark blue w/ white top '68 Impala convertible and a white '70-72 Camaro SS w/ black stripes...saw them ahead of me at the same time, in parallel lanes. Nice to see some oldies out and about amidst the usual FWD generica, trucks, and SUVs of the morning freeway slog.

Waiting to enter the highway @ a light, got to watch a new sonata (& the current maxima right behind it) come thru the looping jughandle. Frankly, while certainly swoopy, I find it to be too much so: too much flamboyancy for the segment, which is pretty down to earth. The swoopiness makes the wheels look terribly small.

This should've been the genesis design, unfortunately (just longer, & w/ much bigger rims). And it really wasn't any more impressive than the maxima -esp when you read that it's trying too hard- just different. Meh.

On the afternoon commute I saw an 'Avalade'--a black current gen Avalanche that had had all the regular badging removed, Cadillac wreath & crests and 'Escalade' badging added, and a faux-Escalade chrome grille added. Strange.

Sonata definitely needs to have the bigger wheels, otherwise it doesn't look right.

Yes it needs bigger wheels ....................... LOL

YeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wheels

An International in beautiful unmolested condition. White and "That Ugly '70" green with a cap on the bed. Looked a lot like this one but not jacked up. Grill was painted white though.

1239049776_Jeff_Jackson_International_Harvester_Pickup.jpg

Has anyone seen one of these yet? Chrysler called, they want their grill back.

th_Lonestar20Silver.jpg

An International in beautiful unmolested condition. White and "That Ugly '70" green with a cap on the bed. Looked a lot like this one but not jacked up. Grill was painted white though.

Those old Internationals are neat..I used to see a crew cab pickup one in that green back in Colorado Springs.

th_Lonestar20Silver.jpg

The Lonestar is pretty cool..the grille is supposed to be evocative of a '30s International truck. Reminds me of the PT Cruiser front end scaled up.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

1400-b104-09ae_fv.jpg

Much better looking than the Klingon-forehead grille ;)

I saw a refrigerator-white A5 sportback this morning. Not impressed: the 2-door A5 is stunning, but the 5-door not so much...

th_Lonestar20Silver.jpg

Does this answer your question?

post-418-12676781018168.jpg

post-418-12676781255409.jpg

The Lonestar is pretty cool..the grille is supposed to be evocative of a '30s International truck. Reminds me of the PT Cruiser front end scaled up.

NavPickuplo.jpg

In case you're wondering what inspired the LoneStar's distinctive grille and sloped hood it seems the answer is that Navistar's designers leaned heavily towards International’s old D-Series trucks, pictured above and below, which helped transform America’s cross-country transportation in the early 20th Century. LoneStar production starts in August with deliveries to customers in fall 2008.

LoneStar_DMAXX%2BSide%2Bby%2BSide_HI.jpg

Link: http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lorry-blog/2008/02/international-lonestar-makes-d.html

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Saw a black '10 Taurus SHO today..first SHO I've seen on the road, I think..

Saw a black Bentley Continental GT during my regular commute the other day... I think it's the first one I've ever seen in America. I can't imagine what it was doing in NE Ohio.

Went to visit my grandmother today and this hunk of iron was taking up what seemed like the entire front of her duplex...

06-03-10_1447.jpg

Presumably they call it the Mark IV as a homage to the Mark IV nuclear bomb.

06-03-10_1444.jpg

06-03-10_1446.jpg

06-03-10_1434.jpg

06-03-10_1443.jpg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor