Lambs & Lions, Rams & Peugeots

The new Tuscons do stand out on the road. Every time I see one it grabs my eyeballs. The weird light green color is kinda cool. After seeing the new Sportage, though, I think it will be better looking than its bro.

The new Tuscons do stand out on the road. Every time I see one it grabs my eyeballs. The weird light green color is kinda cool. After seeing the new Sportage, though, I think it will be better looking than its bro.

The Hyundai's end up getting funky or just too many lines, but still work, then you see the Kia versions after...cleaner, crisper, less busy. That seems to be how it keeps going. 2 versions, both very different.

SS model? Looks like a V8-powered lettuce in that colour :smilewide:

1LT, the only trim level you can get the Synergy Green color on. I like the color, but I'm still "meh" on the Camaro as a car. I'd love to see an '11 Mustang in a similar color.

Yellow Challenger R/T on the stand at the Chrysler dealer in Salisbury. Beautiful. Then to the front, the dealer went front plate bracket happy...rivet...rivet :palm:

Today a filthy (been rainin'...) new Mocha Steel '10 Lacross CXL with temp tags. Parked next to an '08/09 Accord. Eck, what a HUGE difference...to the point you really see "you spent THAT much on THAT (Accord)...look at THIS..."

Saw several nice GM oldies when out and about today. In the parking lot at a model kit swap meet, I saw a silver '63-64 Riviera, a yellow '67 Olds 88 2dr ht, a white '55 Pontiac 2dr sedan, and a blue late '40s-early '50s Chevy Suburban w/ wood trim on the sides. All shiny.

I passed a house where someone had at least 5 Lincoln MKVIIIs out front.

1LT, the only trim level you can get the Synergy Green color on. I like the color, but I'm still "meh" on the Camaro as a car. I'd love to see an '11 Mustang in a similar color.

Aha, didn't know that. I was thinking the more 'expressive' colours would be offered on the V8 model.

Beautiful '58 Impala, black with silver roof. 2010 Laser Blue Special Edition Silverado 1500 ext cab 4X4. I always liked that color, and now they've brought it back for this package.

EDIT: turns out Laser Blue is an RPO color, I guess it was a late addition, purchase of the Special Edition package is not required to order that color... so I built & priced a regular cab Z71 4X4 in Laser Blue with the 18" rims. Awesome.

Edited by ocnblu

Beautiful '58 Impala, black with silver roof. 2010 Laser Blue Special Edition Silverado 1500 ext cab 4X4. I always liked that color, and now they've brought it back for this package.

EDIT: turns out Laser Blue is an RPO color, I guess it was a late addition, purchase of the Special Edition package is not required to order that color... so I built & priced a regular cab Z71 4X4 in Laser Blue with the 18" rims. Awesome.

I WANT to see Laser Blue on a new truck...I've seen it on the '10 paint chips, but never an actual truck yet. Avalanche or otherwise. Seems to be MIA.

Saw a dark blue new Sonata at lunch today..interesting styling..the face is way too Toyota/Lexus ish IMHO. Interesting character lines and contouring on the sides, though..

Saw a little old guy puttering around in a new silver '11 Sonata Limited early Sunday morning, rear spoiler, temp tags & all. Cool lines. Works much more cohesively than the smooshed up new Tucson, with a similar theme.

I WANT to see Laser Blue on a new truck...I've seen it on the '10 paint chips, but never an actual truck yet. Avalanche or otherwise. Seems to be MIA.

I didn't know there was a plan to revive the colour on GMT900s, so imagine my surprise at seeing one at Sauder Chevrolet in Brownstown, PA. It was the first one I've seen, I guess it was a Spring addition to the colour palette.

Imagine a regular cab Z71 shortbed 4X4 in that color with the nice 18" rims and blackwall off-road tires and tan interior. ZOIKS.

An incredible thing, to me, is that this color is not mentioned on the Chevrolet website. GM's divisional sites, in general, suck stupendous elephant appendages.

Edited by ocnblu

Yup, GM websites still basically suck.

Fo sho. They do. Awful. Clunky.

Laser Blue...it's been in the '10 Avalanche brochures and such, I think, since the start and doesn't say anything about late intro, but I've yet to find a single picture or otherwise of one. Not a blue person, but a shade that's cool on trucks.

Green Accord Crosstour in trzffic...followed this one home from work.

1-5.jpg

Still weird, but (again, punch me) interesting in person and more cohesive of a design than the messy sedan...

Edited by caddycruiser

Today..saw a dark red '10 Camaro w/ ground effects and giant wheels.

Saw a beige '00-05 Monte Carlo riding on chrome 22s with chrome '22s' badging on the front fender w/ speed holes also.

In the parking lot at work--a goregous dark blue w/ white stripes '67 Shelby GT350. Drool. Loved the one-year only grille treatment w/ the lights in the center of the grille.

R

Police (Highway Patrol) presence was much higher than normal on my usual commute the other night, both marked CVs and F150s and unmarked vehicles. The unmarked were interesting--a white F150 crew cab, a gold Avalanche, and a pearl white Escalade EXT. All the unmarked had some very interesting narrow LED red/white/blue strobe light strips--hidden between the rear bumper and taillgate, in the rear window, and behind the grilles..

Saw a dark red '10 Camaro LT in the parking lot at work. Must be a rental because of the AZ plate w/ the 'FLT' sticker in the upper left corner (first time I noticed one of those). The Camaro looks really good in this color.

Near it was a white minivan w/ a sticker on the bumper than looked like a giant adhesive bandage. Must have had a bumper ouchie under it.

In the past few days, a couple of Tauruses, a couple of LaCrosses, a couple of SRX.

Oh, and a B-body Dodge Charger from between '68 and '70. Would have been absolutely wonderful with an overhaul, both outside (completely rusty) and under the hood (backfiring).

Yesterday, on a major street near downtown...

3 words: oh...my...God - Unbelievable!

1975 Oldsmobile Delta 88 convertible ('75 because of its round headlamps, instead of quad rectangulars)

Cranberry metallic (Olds's name for burgundy that M.Y.)

White convertible top

Cranberry vinyl interior

Not a blemish on it to be found. The Olds Rocket V8 (prob. a 350) sounded pretty healthy as it was accelerating from a light. I was the only person that stopped on the sidewalk and stared as it drove by. Others seemed oblivious. Wow.

Edited by trinacriabob

Went to Staples, came out & there was a new red '10 Taurus SHO with Florida tags squeeze next to my Avalanche. Unassuming, yet also pricey turbo sedan. Like the looks and especially the 20" wheels and domestic Ford build.

Then pulling out, a new black Maserati GranTurismo S beside me in traffic. Hot.

Edited by caddycruiser

Saw on the freeway tonight an '87 or so Monte Carlo LS w/ 22s painted bright green and purple..must be a Barney fan.

Also saw a '10 Camaro in a very bright green I haven't seen before, w/ black stripes...maybe a custom paint job, didn't look like Synergy Green. Saw a '10 Camaro in dark gray and one in dark blue also (love that color, like JB's test car).