Sign in to follow this  
Newbiewar

What new vehicles are in store for Buick

51 posts in this topic

Well, its obvious that Buick is trying to go back to the refined and premium vehicles that they once made. going back to the luxurious and styled vehicles.

and just a second ago i was thinking, what cars will be in store for the future buick?

and if Buick changes peoples perception, enough so that people will buy them. what is their perception?

so basically what i am questioning, is what type of cars should buick be making?

always Buick has made full size sedans. Always.

Buick has catered to people who desire comfort.

well... why does Buick only offer full size sedans, or maybe the lacross is a midsize, but no compacts?

what does GM have to compete with the IS350, most people who buy that type of car arent going to be racing it anyway, so why doesnt Pontiac and Buick share a delta sized rwd car that buick has the style and comfort and pontiac has the exciteable performance version...

would a compact sedan work for Buicks image? or future image?

i dont want to see a compact under cadillacs name... so it must go esle where...

Edited by Newbiewar

cADILLAC cOMPACT? NO!!!

Buick compact? Sure< call it skylark. :)

I think a semi-luxury, stylish car based on the same platform as the cobalt/ion could be good for Buick. Skylark would be a great name, too. Something that's a good blend of mature & cool. I think some neat things could be done with the point in the middle of the grill like the '90's skylarks had, too.

I think a semi-luxury, stylish car based on the same platform as the cobalt/ion could be good for Buick.  Skylark would be a great name, too.  Something that's a good blend of mature & cool.  I think some neat things could be done with the point in the middle of the grill like the '90's skylarks had, too.

personally i think all cadillacs and buicks and pontiacs need to be rwd...

saturn saab and chevy can have the diverse ones... but give me the rwd for the primum brands

Buick does need a smaller car than the LaCrosse but the Delta platform isn't the answer. Buick needs a premium Epsilon based car with the 2.8 high feature v6 standard & the 3.6 V6 as the optional engine. Something between the Pontiac G6 & the Saab 9-3. Skylark is not the name they should call it some thing that matches the current naming theme of Lucerne, LaCrosse& Enclave. Buick also needs a smaller premium crossover & base this proposed smaller sedan/crossover on the same platform...

the next Generation Lacrosse will probably move to the Epsilion II platform.

the Lacrosse, Malibu, Aura Saab 9-3 and G6 will probably all be built on this platform.. probably just in sedan form for the Buick.. but id like to see a Buick Epsilion coupe maybe a return or the Rivera?? sort of like a reskinned Pontiac G6 coupe..

I agree that BUICK needs a coupe. The last generation Riviera was aggressively styled, but was WAY TOO BIG and the interior execution was lacking. Something the size of the LaX would be great (not necessarily on that same platform).

Does anyone know what changes are in store for LaX this fall? New grill? Reserve?

I agree that BUICK needs a coupe.  The last generation Riviera was aggressively styled, but was WAY TOO BIG and the interior execution was lacking.  Something the size of the LaX would be great (not necessarily on that same platform).

Does anyone know what changes are in store for LaX this fall?  New grill?  Reserve?

I'd like to see a "Riviera" coupe. I would like a large, luxury coupe... I think that'd be a vehicle I could see myself in, since I consider myself a "sedan" man.

I'd like to see a "Riviera" coupe.  I would like a large, luxury coupe... I think that'd be a vehicle I could see myself in, since I consider myself a "sedan" man.

Could do one on the EpII long wheelbase, classic cues with long wheelbase to balance a '65 Rive style coupe...could work....

Could do one on the EpII long wheelbase, classic cues with long wheelbase to balance a '65 Rive style coupe...could work....

How about a redesigned LaCrosse on the EpII, hot sedan... and then a coupe version called Riviera.

Kinda like the Camry has its Solara. Only not ugly.

If Buick is going to survive, they need to branch out of their comfort zones and get with it. Enclave shows promise, but a full-size car-based crossover near-luxury SUV is not the only piece of the puzzle. They need to cater to the comfortable near-luxury segment, think ES330/Milan/Sebring (this is where the LaCrosse Epsilon II comes in, circa 2010 model year), and I think a Skyhawk Delta would still be a great idea. I see a lot of Acura TSX's in my area, and Audi A4 and Volvo S40/V50 provide nice competition for a near-luxury front-drive compact. A Cadillac or Saab is not the answer, and Saturn or Pontiac sure aren't either. It would and should look like the 2000 LaCrosse, 1999 Cielo, 2004 Velite, 2001 Bengal, and 1998 Signia concept cars in styling, with 2.4-liter ECOTEC 175hp I-4 and 2.8-liter DOHC High Feature 210hp V-6 engines.

i think they need a smaller car that 18-30 year old males look at...

something with plenty of power, but not a performance car, with the styling aspects that buicks deserive... something maybe a little smaller then the CTS

Haha, we're all begging for something with a little more flash from Buick. I can't disagree. 4 door sedans are nice, but sometimes you want a coupe or something a little showier or more powerful.

2008 Buick lineup: La Crosse, Lucerne, Enclave, Terraza.

(Enclave is replacing both the Rainier and Rendezvous?).

Something with 2 doors would be nice.... i.e. Riviera.

Edited by moltar

Buick needs a full size coupe/convertible. Something with Velite/Enclave styling that will get a lot of buzz.

Right now there is now full size coupe/convertible on the market. This would not compete with any other GM car.

This car needs to be offered as a coupe and a soft-top convertible so it has a decent sized Buick trunk.

It needs to stay under 40K.

It needs to have a full color offering, not the mistake of the mid 80's Riviera convertible that only came in red and white.

I'll tell ya what Buick needs... let me preface this by saying that all of these vehicles should expound on the Velite and Enclave styling themes. It's just my thoughts, but Buick doesn't need to invent the wheel. Use the Zeta (or whatever the hell afordable RWD platform is coming to NA)... All of these cars should handle well (without necessarily being very sporty; leave that to Caddy). They should be quiet, and powerful. Tasteful and refined. Any reference I use to the V6 is the 270HP HFV6 used in the Enclave; the V8 should be the N* rated @350HP. Future Caddy's should use a version of the V6 at around 300HP, and a V8 at around 400HP now (to remain competitive with the Germans and Lexus/Infiniti). That means the Buick will be powerful, but can be offered at a value compared to the competition, while also not stepping on Caddy's toes.

The next Lacrosse should be smaller, RWD. Use the 3.6 from the Lambda. Make it as plush and well appointed as possible. It should be full loaded, with very few options (like Navi).

The nex Lucerne should be a larger car on the same platform; Basically, do the same as with the Lacrosse on the next level up; sell it for $37K(V6), $39.5 (V8), and have just a few options again, with fully optioned version selling at around $40K for the V6; $44 for the V8.

Flagship @ $48K. Have niceities like Navi standard, and leave a few options like larger wheels. It should be the size of the S or 7, and be quieter than the LS (with just as many appointments.

The next gen Theta SUV. It should use the 3.6L V6 found in the rest of the range. It should be priced at $28-29K (the Caddy Theta should be $31-32K to start).

Enclave, ofcourse. V6 starting at $35-36K; V8 a few grand more.

Velite - A hard top convertible using the RWD Lucerne's platform; V8 only, quiet and powerful; more of a SC competitor than a SL/Xlr compeitior. If the powers that be think that another lux hard top convertible from GM is overkill, make it a coupe version of the Lucerne; a blvd cruiser that would be seen as an alternative to the 6-Series coupe.

As far as Caddy, they're pricing structure would be much more similar to MB's etc., offering more options and a sportier performance. Also, it'd have a fuller lineup, with the Escalade and V-Series... so, there's room for two lux makes at GM, IMO.

Well, its obvious that Buick is trying to go back to the refined and premium vehicles that they once made.  going back to the luxurious and styled vehicles. 

and just a second ago i was thinking, what cars will be in store for the future buick?

and if Buick changes peoples perception, enough so that people will buy them.  what is their perception?

so basically what i am questioning, is what type of cars should buick be making?

always Buick has made full size sedans.  Always.

well... why does Buick only offer full size sedans, or maybe the lacross is a midsize, but no compacts?

what does GM have to compete with the IS350, most people who buy that type of car arent going to be racing it anyway, so why doesnt Pontiac and Buick share a delta sized rwd car that buick has the style and comfort and pontiac has the exciteable performance version...

i dont want to see a compact under cadillacs name... so it must go esle where...

I agree with most of what you're saying. Regarding the V8, it can't be the Northstar because it was already stated it couldn't fit in the Enclave. It'll have to be another V8.

With todays gas prices and the push for higher gas mileage cars, I think a luxury "small" car from Buick would be perfect. It would be difficult to execute though as they don't want to dilute the brand like the did in the 80s and 90s. With that said I think the Cobalt/Ion platform is too small for a Buick. An Epsilon with a 4-cyl or better yet, a V-6 hybird would be a much better answer.

A smaller Buick could be delightful, especially if rear-drive and V6 powered to seem "relaxed" in driving. It's all in the details!!!

Buick should have a rear-drive full-sizer along the lines of 7-Series, A8, S-Class, but perhaps for the price of a loaded E.

A smaller Buick could be delightful, especially if rear-drive and V6 powered to seem "relaxed" in driving. It's all in the details!!!

Buick should have a rear-drive full-sizer along the lines of 7-Series, A8, S-Class, but perhaps for the price of a loaded E.

What gets me is that Caddy doesn't have a car that can compete with the 7-series, A8 or S-Class... why do people think a lesser luxury division, Buick, should get a car that competes with that?

personally i think all cadillacs and buicks and pontiacs need to be rwd...

saturn saab and chevy can have the diverse ones... but give me the rwd for the primum brands

I agree 100%.

... been saying that for years... I agree 100%.

?

always Buick has made full size sedans.  Always.

83665[/snapback]

You musta just come out of diapers!

In 1961-64 Buick made a car called the Special that was a compact, and had two sisters, the Oldsmobile Cutlass and the Pontiac Tiempo.

I had one of the '62 models, and it was one of the best cars I ever owned!

They killed it when they made it fatter and called it Regal! :yes:

I agree 100%.

96696[/snapback]

I think all Cadillacs should be RWD with AWD as an option, but Buick should have both... I would think a slightly smaller than LaCrosse FWD sedan would be nice, a slightly larger than LaCrosse RWD sedan, and then a bit, beautiful, larger than Lucerne, RWD, premium sedan. Oh, and a 4-seater, RWD/AWD coupe/convertible.

You musta just come out of diapers!

In 1961-64 Buick made a car called the Special that was a compact, and had two sisters, the Oldsmobile Cutlass and the Pontiac Tiempo.

I had one of the '62 models, and it was one of the best cars I ever owned!

They killed it when they made it fatter and called it Regal! :yes:

166745[/snapback]

Heck, as recent as the '80s Buick had a compact 4-cyl model (Skyhawk). Though it was just a lousy J-car.. and the compact Special was '61-63, with the Pontiac version being the Tempest. The '64 Special was a midsize A-body..

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this