BlkHhr104

NY Autoshow teaser

42 posts in this topic

BlkHhr104    0

If these are the models debuting, all i can say is im glad to be a New Yorker.

link

If you dont really feel like reading edmunds says that these are the new models debuting:

2007 Nissan Altima (NY seems to be the place Nissan debuts that car)

2007 Infinit G35 sedan (non-concept)

2007 Saturn Outlook

Suzuki SX4

Suzuki XL-7 (Theta replacement)

2008 Lexus LS600h

Jeep Patriot

Jeep Wrangler 4dr.

Paolino    99

Wait, what's the 2007 Altima? They just refreshed it... is this the hybrid I heard about a year ago?

bobo    91

I'm looking forward most to the Infiniti G35 Sedan. Surely it'll just be an evolutionary update, as hinted by the G35 Coupe concept, but it's one of the most important players in the near lux segment.

As for the Altima, the new model is coming just on schedule for the typical 5-year Japanese cycle. It did its first three years ('02, '03, '04) and then had the refresh for '05 and '06. It will also be interesting to see how this car turns out, as the Altima is a much more interesting family sedan than the market leader Camry. Will Nissan play it safe or continue to be more daring?

Variance    0

With the revelation of the next G35 (and Altima), I expect to see the VQ engine's successor (rumored to be named FZ). Rumor also has it that it will be a 3.7L V6 with around 330hp in the G. I wouldn't be the least bit suprised as I don't expect Nissan is going to let Toyota's new 3.5L V6 steal the show.

enzl    0

Is that the same as the Swift Suzuki sells in Japan?

No. It's a joint-venture with Fiat....I think it'll be produced in Ploand, IIRC.

The Euro Swift would make a great, cut-rate Mini competitor here...CAR mag just gave it their car of the year award....

BTW what is the Suzuki SX4?

I'm afraid to ask. :huh:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894   
Guest YellowJacket894

I'm afraid to ask.  :huh:

Posted Image

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

X90 sounds like the name of a cheap brand of condoms.

That car literally was the AMC Eagle of its time, though. But, man, just thinking about it makes me laugh... and then gives me the creeps.

BTW:

You guys do realize that they stole the SX4 name from AMC/Eagle right? My neighbor has a red '83 SX4 just like this sitting next to his house right between the boat and his 1970 Coupd Deville.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So anyway I'm 99% sure I'll be coming to the NY auto show but I need to know the exact dates so I can plan accordingly. Anyone know waht day they will be there at the show? Z28Luvr? Anyone? :):unsure:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.