Sign in to follow this  
Camino LS6

New cars are so depressing

For me it is a different kind of wow....

Love some new cars....GTI and TDI VW...MINI Cooper S...Z06 C6...

But yeah.,..I agree with you. Let's build a delorian, get Doc Brown, and go back...to ride in a 68 Z28!

Chargers, Mustangs, Challengers, 300C's, Genesis, Genesis Coupe, Camaro, CTS, CTS-V, CTS Sportwagon, CTS-V Sportwagon(!), CTS Coupe, Alpha Cadillac, Corvette, SVT Raptor, Viper, 370Z, GTR...

Veyron, DB9, DBS, V8 Vantage, V12 Vantage, Rapide, XKR, Gallardo, Gallardo Balboni, Reventon, Murcielago LP670-4 SV, 458 Italia, 911 GT2 RS, Continental GT, Elise, Exige, Evora...

And even on the cheaper side: Focus, Fiesta, Dodge compact, Grand Cherokee, 500, 600, CC, GTI, Miata, RX8, Mini...

All of the top of my head.

Maybe in your depressing world, but there's still tons for me to get excited about. Sorry it's not the same for you.

Lots of exciting stuff still made, Dodgefan named many of them that I like. Saw a gorgeous black Challenger R/T today, with silver R/T stripes on the fenders and hood, hood pins, chrome wheels...love the styling of that car.

• Upvote 1

I still like the Challenger as well as Camaro and Mustang, and I like the drivetrain of the Vette and CTS-V.

But really, that's about it.

And none of those wow me enough to even consider making a purchase.

I want to see some stuff with stunning design, and it just isn't out there.

8C Competizione, Gran Turismo...

In the uber-expensive car world my favorite designs are the current Aston Martin range...looking forward to see the Rapide in person. Looking forward to seeing the 458Italia as well...I'll probably have the Fujimi 1:24th scale kit before I see the 1:1 :)

• Upvote 1

Oh, and how could I get the Veritas RS III.

I remember that from Top Gear, I think. One truly unique semi-exotic car I love is the Ariel Atom...I'd love to have one and a month of June or September days on Ohio backroads...strange to look at, but so pure in it's purpose. It would be a joy to drive, I think. Put on a helmet, a driver's suit, a Camelback full of water, and head for the hills...

11613-2006-Ariel-Atom.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Upvote 1

There isn't much listed in this thread you could finance for 60 months for under $500 dollars. That is what's really depressing.

(I'm going to rant now. You might want to rep this down on read the next post.)

Back in the day, there was something exciting for every budget. Nova SS, hello? Dodge Demon anyone? Forget about inexpensive a V-8 Mustang or Camaro could be? You used to be able to buy one with crank windows and a hole in the dash where the stereo goes.

Honestly, cars like that need to make a resurgence.

And there isn't any excuse why we can't have something excessive and stupidly ridiculous for about $19k that doesn't have the wheelbase of a pack of gum. Today's technology can make cars like that economical but still be able to make your friends ask, "Why in the hell did you think you needed that?"

You shouldn't have to explain why. You had the extra few bucks to finance that option, even with the part-time job you have to support yourself through college.

To get the good stuff, soon there won't be any choice but to be the dude with two PhDs and playing golf with Bill (and I do mean Gates).

• Upvote 2

Chargers, Mustangs, Challengers, 300C's, Genesis, Genesis Coupe, Camaro, CTS, CTS-V, CTS Sportwagon, CTS-V Sportwagon(!), CTS Coupe, Alpha Cadillac, Corvette, SVT Raptor, Viper, 370Z, GTR...

Veyron, DB9, DBS, V8 Vantage, V12 Vantage, Rapide, XKR, Gallardo, Gallardo Balboni, Reventon, Murcielago LP670-4 SV, 458 Italia, 911 GT2 RS, Continental GT, Elise, Exige, Evora...

And even on the cheaper side: Focus, Fiesta, Dodge compact, Grand Cherokee, 500, 600, CC, GTI, Miata, RX8, Mini...

All of the top of my head.

Maybe in your depressing world, but there's still tons for me to get excited about. Sorry it's not the same for you.

DF...I never was much for exotics...until you started liking them...but I've got to go retro here, Ferrari F40 FTW!

The Atom is an amazing car.

Yes it is...and for working class guys like us...there is the hope that we could perhaps also buy something like a used Elise. Same sort of thrill, but tamer and cheaper...

8C Competizione, Gran Turismo...

8 C = Pure automotive lust for me...

I still like the Challenger as well as Camaro and Mustang, and I like the drivetrain of the Vette and CTS-V.

But really, that's about it.

And none of those wow me enough to even consider making a purchase.

I want to see some stuff with stunning design, and it just isn't out there.

Perhaps you should try anew direction with your love of cars...instead of buying a new car...ever think of trying motorsport?

There isn't much listed in this thread you could finance for 60 months for under $500 dollars. That is what's really depressing.

(I'm going to rant now. You might want to rep this down on read the next post.)

Back in the day, there was something exciting for every budget. Nova SS, hello? Dodge Demon anyone? Forget about inexpensive a V-8 Mustang or Camaro could be? You used to be able to buy one with crank windows and a hole in the dash where the stereo goes.

Honestly, cars like that need to make a resurgence.

And there isn't any excuse why we can't have something excessive and stupidly ridiculous for about $19k that doesn't have the wheelbase of a pack of gum. Today's technology can make cars like that economical but still be able to make your friends ask, "Why in the hell did you think you needed that?"

You shouldn't have to explain why. You had the extra few bucks to finance that option, even with the part-time job you have to support yourself through college.

To get the good stuff, soon there won't be any choice but to be the dude with two PhDs and playing golf with Bill (and I do mean Gates).

I think you have gotten to the heart of the matter.

I agree with Camino for the most part.

The only new product I can recall recently staring at were the Challenger, CTS, Ram and F-150/F-250s. And this is just from a lust standpoint- not taking price into account in the least.

I have said for some time now- I may never buy new again (unless money becomes no object). The value there is terrible.

THEY DON'T MAKE THEM AS WOW TODAY AS THEY DID BACK THEN!

456534665_f7c735ae0c.jpg?v=0

WOW! OMG ANOTHER?!

0705ch_01_z+1971_chevy_nova+.jpg

HOLY CRAP WHAT AWESOME STYLING!

24649040119_large.jpg

OMYGOD VINYL ROOFS WOW THEY KNEW HOW TO STYLE CARS BACK THEN!!

78-bonneville-front.jpg

HOLY EXCITEMENT!!!!!! BATMAN!

1988-cadillac-cimarron.jpg

amc-pacer.jpg.

2nd-Cadillac-Seville.jpg

champ.jpg

Clearly, the old days were nothing but rolling works of art.

Also beside the four or five of you, most people want things like radios, air conditioning, brakes, power windows, etc.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook