Now this is just AWFUL...

Whistler

Gross.

I'm not sure what's worse, the horrible roof or the fact that I thought it was a Camry for a sec. there. :puke:

Dsuupr:

Perhaps, I think this is the official ride of Dr. Cheesy. :yes:

(not an actual PhD)

This madness must stop.

Fake convertible tops are OK on Buicks, but not Impalas. It just doesn't look right.

Some poor girl at my university drives a 97ish BEIGE Camry with a fake convertable top... The car looks like its got about 300k too cause the roof is all peeling. I feel sorry for her, its probably the ugliest car on campus :( .

I hope they also make a "Presidential BiCentenial Anniversary Brougham Royale" edition!

You guys act surprised. I see crap like this all the time down here. Usually its a DeVille, Town Car, or Grand Marquis. To think most of these ridiculous cars are base models, so you've got someone with the dressiest cloth-benched, 4-speakered, cassette-decked Grand Marquis in town. Impressive.

There's someone who has a Black 00-05 Impala with a black vinyal roof, chrome trim everywhere that's possible to put some (around the windows, windshield wipers, wheel arches, ect.) Crappy chrome 15" hubcaps, and that fade window tint (gold-black). I fell really sick, if I had looked at it for longer than the 5 seconds I saw it I probly would have :puke:

You guys act surprised. I see crap like this all the time down here.

Not surprised, just dissapointed that even the new redesigned Impala already has a new this aftermarket garbage waiting for it at new Chevy dealers. The dealerships that make like $600-$800 per unit on this garbage are the ones to blame... they slap this $h! on everything.

I sold a brand new black 2003 Malibu to a lady who said the tan carrige top was what sold her on the car. That was the only time I ever remember selling a car and a customer being thrilled about a fake top of some sort.

Disgusting. Amazing that people will spend money to make something ugly. Then again, not everyone can have taste like the rest of us.

Ohh, I wish these things were illegal. Leave the STS's sensuous silhouette alone, let the subtle grace of the Lucerne be!

Anyone remember the '80s cars with the factory padded tops... my dad had a couple Lincoln Town Car Signature Series w/ 1/2 padded tops, first an '84 then an '88 (similar to this one on ebay which has only 39k miles). Kinda gaudy, but smooth and cushy. I used to drive his to high school occasionally back in the day...

Posted Image

But see the Lincoln looked good with that. I also dont mind that the 1981 Bonneville has one but I would never put one on a new car. NEVER. Imagine if you will one of these on an Equinox? Think about that.

Edited by 2005 EquinoxLS

A boxy mid 80s Lincoln looks decent with a top.... not so wiht a 2006 Impala taht looks like a Lozange.

A boxy mid 80s Lincoln looks decent with a top.... not so wiht a 2006 Impala taht looks like a Lozange.

Agreed...

hmmm..now how about a CTS-v with a padded top, 20 inch wire wheels and Vogues? :)

Or an '80s Buick Grand National lowrider with padded top (saw one once, not a regular Regal but a GN that had been modified...horrific!!!)

Agreed...

hmmm..now how about a CTS-v with a padded top, 20 inch wire wheels and Vogues? :)

Or an '80s Buick Grand National lowrider with padded top (saw one once, not a regular Regal but a GN that had been modified...horrific!!!)

Yeah, I've seen more CTS's and Lincoln LS's, both the smaller sportier models of the brands no less, clothed in nasty cloth tops and whitewalls than I care to admit...

I guess it's just something so many of the blue-haired generation grew up with on their cars, they don't seem to realize it does NOT look as good today on a smooth and curvey Impala, for example, as it did on an old Cadillac.

May be a little morbid to say so, but this trend MAY just eventually die off as the generation who still "gotta have it" keeps dying....or at least we can all hope as much...

Ohh, I wish these things were illegal. Leave the STS's sensuous silhouette alone, let the subtle grace of the Lucerne be!

A neighbor right around the corner from my house (gotta be in his ealry 50s) traded in his fairly new Corvette for a cream-colored 2006 STS with the canvas top and white-wall tires. And he's a cop to boot! Something about getting older must make these cars look good (poor vision?). :blink:

Yeah, I've seen more CTS's and Lincoln LS's, both the smaller sportier models of the brands no less, clothed in nasty cloth tops and whitewalls than I care to admit...

You forget the key word - cheapest...of the brands. Remember, for most they're nimble and sporty, but for some, they're just cheap Caddys and Lincolns.