New Enclave Pictures

CSpec

These came out a few days ago and apparently flew under the radar for the most part. Here they are in their 800 pixel glory:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The wood-covered console thing with the TVs won't make production, and neither will the console in the second and third rows. I really hope the Rolls-like picnic tables in the front seats make it; thats a great feature.

Tire learning.

Learning what?

I, like most, are concerned with what exactly my tires are learning...and from whom. My last set of tires loved metalwork and shop because they picked up on nails quickly.

Seriously, beautiful pictures. Some deatilas are obviously not as suitable for production, such as the front seatback map pockets with the purse-style latching. I really hope the roof-mounted 'clouds' stay. They're very ornate and beautiful.

I think I just creamed...

There are no words to describe this car. Beautiful, amazing, orgasmic...it is all one huge understatement.

While I know the televisions and the second/third row center console will not make production, I hope everything else does. The leather on the dash and front center console looks amazing (please put it through for production!) and makes me think of Jaguar. The picnic tables would make for an awesome feature on the top-of-the-line model. Even the damn carpet mats look high quality. I love the seats, they look really comfortable. The gauges are modern yet classy. All the materials appear to be top-notch.

I am not fond of the engine bay, either, but if the rest of the car looks that way, I'll take it.

My guess on the tire learning is that it's a feature of the tire pressure monitoring system. After you rotate tires, the car needs to re-learn the position of each sensor, so it doesn't tell the the front passenger is low when it's actually the rear passenger, for example.

I hope they learn from the lesson (read: Impala) and put the gear indicator on the console as well.

And why are the gauges white? Buicks need to be green!

white gauges for contrast, but they look illuminated blue, which is (by at least one study) supposed to help you stay more alert at night

by the way, why should they be green? just asking

edited for spelling/grammar mistake

Edited by loki

white gauges for contrast, but they look illuminated blue, which is (by at least one study) supposed to help you stay more alert at night

by the way, why should they be green? just asking

edited for spelling/grammar mistake

Tradition:

Chevrolet - White

Pontiac - Red/Amber

Buick - Green

Oldsmobile (now Saturn) - Blue

As for the centre console for the third row, can't they offer it as an option? What's the manufacturing difficulty?

Edited by ToniCipriani

Tradition:

Chevrolet - White

Pontiac - Red/Amber

Buick - Green

Oldsmobile (now Saturn) - Blue

As for the centre console for the third row, can't they offer it as an option? What's the manufacturing difficulty?

Yes, but the times have changed.

Many Chevy vehicles are having blue gauges now (as of this year) (Impala/Monte/Nox/Malibu)

Buick, well, the LaCrosse has blue-green, but the Lucerne has blue with red needles.

Cadillac is white LED

Saturn, based on the Sky and Aura pictures, is going towards Yellow illumination.

Pontiac remains red.

Just give me LED gauges... I don't care if they're white, green, blue, or whatever.

I think it'd be really cool to have red, white and blue LED gauges in Buicks... putting a little touch of American into the dash.

Maybe Blue LED tick marks, white LED numbers, and red needles.

Great interior. It will be interesting to see how certain bits translate to production, such as the dash stitching and the areas covered by wood. I really think that the new Enclave will be a much-needed hit...possibly giving the RX a run for it's money.

As usual, I have a few gripes related to the interior. One, which I'm sure most of you can agree with, is the center controls. They look entirely out of place, ruining the overall design and somewhat cheapening it. GM needs to figure out a better way to integrate its radio/HVAC controls...it seems designers are constrained by using that rectangular unit...doesn't Toyota/Honda use a system that shares its "unseen" components while allowing a level of flexibility in the knob placement? While I'm sure GM is doing this to save costs, I think they should investigate this possibility to give designers more flexiblility in designing creative interiors.

Lastly, I think the metal/wood combo on the dash is a great idea...just not executed well enough. While it's got to be hard for GM to translate the Centieme interior to production, I think they could have designed a more convincing dash trim setup...something closer to the Centieme, with a more real-looking brushed aluminum strip.

And those are two small gripes on what seems to be a knockout hit...looking forward to seeing this baby on the road!

I really hope this design language eventually permeates the entire Buick lineup.

The Enclave represents everything that Buick should be in today's market, and if the concept translates into production well enough, Buick may finally be on it's way back.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I'm loving that interior!!

The material contrasts!

The stitched leathers!

Exterior leaves me cold, kind of potato-like to me.