Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Next-gen Nissan Altima to bow at New York show

That looks great, can't wait to see more.

The midsize family sedan market is getting awfully competitive with all these new offerings. Hopefully, GM won't screw up the Aura.

This is about the 8th time I've whipped out the '01 Aurora picture, but it does recall the shape of this...

Posted Image

...in these young eyes due to the rounded decklid shape and creased bodyline running through the taillamp.

Well, from such a small shot, I'm quite impressed. I like the current Altima... would tweak a few elements, but I think the next gen will improve on everything and be an excellent competitor. I'm anxious to see.

Hopefully the interior is much better than the current one, instead of what Chrysler looks like they have done with the Sebring.

It took me a while to warm up to the current Altima because I felt the rear proportions were off RE: taillamps to bumper size.

This? Already loving it and cannot wait to see more!

In my opinion, Nissan leads all the Japanese makes in design, though not quality. This view makes the car look promising.

Cool. Up the performance even more, but add some quality so it doesn't feel as flimsy as a cardboard box inside and out anymore, and things will be good.

Actually, while they're at it, I hope a MAJOR refresh is coming ASAP for the Armada and Titan. Right now, they have, by far, some of the worst materials and finish of any new vehicle, and still suffer from lots of rattle, creak, and falling apart issues.

Well, seeing how Nissan is finally making good interiors again after it's recent, but short lived phase of cheapo plastic in it's vehicles , I can confidently predict that the Altima's interior will be nicer then the Aura's just because it's what we can expect from GM. The Aura will look nice, but the plastics aren't there just yet.

Therefore, I can also assume that the Altima will be the nicer of the two models overall.

With Opel having more of an influence on Saturn with future models, that will change. But not for a little while.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Actually, while they're at it, I hope a MAJOR refresh is coming ASAP for the Armada and Titan.  Right now, they have, by far, some of the worst materials and finish of any new vehicle, and still suffer from lots of rattle, creak, and falling apart issues.

We should be seeing something with those (and the QX56) pretty soon. They're all in their 3rd model years and are due for an upgrade.

The "tooth" in the grille has likely seen it's day as a Nissan trait.

I wouldn't expect it to make an appearance on the Altima, especially since the new Sentra is without it.

There was no where to go with the Altima besides up. The interior was a joke (If this was a GM'er it would be ridiculed up and down for no good reason) and OHC engines suck. The V6 is a buzz bomb compared with my G6 and clear tail lamps are cheap looking. Nissan should just give up the idea of making a G6 wannabe. Are they going to match the sexy G6 coupe or one of the nicest performance convertibes around this side of the XLR and Vette? This thing is just going to end up being another rinky dink Piece of crap import that should be recycled before even making it to the dealership.

I'll put my G6 up against this cheap imitator any day and leave it in the dust. C&D, MT and CR will most likely gush all over this glorified 1986 Sentra and the import humping public will foolishly buy up the things in droves... :angry:

The current Altima stole a lot of Maxima sales and the Maxima is just bizzare. I think at least one off these two cars should be RWD.

If it was up to me... I'd make the next gen. Maxima a rebadged M35.

There was no where to go with the Altima besides up. The interior was a joke (If this was a GM'er it would be ridiculed up and down for no good reason) and OHC engines suck. The V6 is a buzz bomb compared with my G6 and clear tail lamps are cheap looking. Nissan should just give up the idea of making a G6 wannabe. Are they going to match the sexy G6 coupe or one of the nicest performance convertibes around this side of the XLR and Vette? This thing is just going to end up being another rinky dink Piece of crap import that should be recycled before even making it to the dealership.

I'll put my G6 up against this cheap imitator any day and leave it in the dust. C&D, MT and CR will most likely gush all over this glorified 1986 Sentra and the import humping public will foolishly buy up the things in droves...  :angry:

:lol: Oh my... thanks for the laugh. The sarcasm got me... You can post your real response, now.

:lol: Oh my... thanks for the laugh. The sarcasm got me... You can post your real response, now.

Sarcasm? :scratchchin: You think the Altima is a good car? I am curious as to what areas you think the Altima is a better car than the G6. And not what the Import Ragazines quote either :P

Is there a coupe?

Convertible?

Not on that I can tell...