Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Car Spotting

LosAngeles

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I figured I'd put it in here... saw a car yesterday--NO idea what it was. I am really good with telling cars from their brake lights in the dark, but this was daytime, and I hadn't a clue. It was a wagon, sleek, rounded back (like instead of having a vertical rear window, it was angled in).. it was kinda like the color of the LaCrosse's Cardinal Red Metallic... the directionals were amber - I'm just trying to give you as much detail as I can. The logo was chrome, about the size of the dodge logo. If it wasn't going like 100 on the LIE, then I might have had a chance seeing what it was. Any ideas?

Okay, so I figured I'd put it in here... saw a car yesterday--NO idea what it was.

I am really good with telling cars from their brake lights in the dark, but this was daytime, and I hadn't a clue.

It was a wagon, sleek, rounded back (like instead of having a vertical rear window, it was angled in).. it was kinda like the color of the LaCrosse's Cardinal Red Metallic... the directionals were amber - I'm just trying to give you as much detail as I can.

The logo was chrome, about the size of the dodge logo.  If it wasn't going like 100 on the LIE, then I might have had a chance seeing what it was.

Any ideas?

[post="16833"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Audi A3 :unsure:

'06 Sierra Hybrid. Extended cab 4X4, Stealth Gray over Silver Birch. $37k. Salesman landed on me like a hawk until he saw my shirt with my company name on it... then he quickly walked away. (They are a competitor.) Mileage figures look the same as a regular 5.3, if I bemember correctly. Edited by ocnblu

I've seen the Chevy HHR in dealer lots. Today I saw a copper colored one on the street. It was in a sea of bland, boring econoboxes. I now see the point of this vehicle...it has style in spades. Makes all other cars in this class just look washed out and faded. Way more presence than a PT Cruiser...and well, doesn't look like a mini-hearse.

I saw my second HHR not on a dealer lot today. Copper colored in Dubois. An LT. I also saw the new Jeep Comander. Wow... huge... old... boxy... looking. :blink: Ugh... I also happened to see my first G6 with the three spoke steering wheel. A GT sedan in red. Still haven't seen a coupe yet. Which sucks... but I just my parents had the money to replace the piece of shit Blazer with a G6... coupe or sedan... Oh well. *sigh*

A couple Commanders and the dealership. Looks like crap. Oh, and get this. A black sedan spec'd out pretty nicely - low-profile tires, blacked-out rims, chromed exhaust tip, lowered slightly, driven by a young person, about 25ish - car looked very, very hot. It was a Buick LaCrosse CXS.

Forgot the following: -CTS V-series (#5, I think) -73 Delta 88 convertible -something else I'm struggling to remember...[edit: now, I remember....gray-silver Viper GTS] Last night, a white stock 69 Camaro with a black vinyl roof. Continental GTs are now off my spot list, as are stock 06 Impalas This may have been a week ago, but I also spotted a B-body Chrysler wagon, probably 78. Edited by LosAngeles

Um... Mercury Sable? :P

[post="16853"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Audi A3  :unsure:

[post="16866"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Okay, definitely not a Sable wiseguy :P
As for the A3... possible.. I thought the taillamps were Audi-esque, however, the chrome logo was too small and square to be the audi four-rings.

Saw a valiant attempt at an entry-level luxury car V-Series. No, I'm serious. I assume it had the Stealth Group package, which includes truck rack, three-out-of-four wheel covers, and a vinyl top.

I'm thinking of making my Aurora a 442 for fun.

[post="16806"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Uhm.... 4 valves per cylinder, 4 speed auto, dual exhaust. :P

During my trip to Havasu I saw countless GM and Ford pick-ups and SUV's, but i'm most happy in reporting that I saw ZERO ridgelines. To continue ripping on the ridgeline... I have seen the same handfull of ridgelines for sale at a honda dealership for almost 2 months now! :D

Trying to remember it all.... -yellow 55 Chevy 4-door -Crayola green last-gen Celica on black rims -Ford LTD vert -73 Century -another 06 Sonata -another new Maserati Coupe -some 60s Mercury vert (intermediate with the red "390" badge on the side)...might not have been a Mercury, but actually a Fairlane.

I've never seen so many different/interesting/expensive cars in my life as I have today. Aston Martin DB9 Merecedes-Benz CL55 AMG, SL500, SL55 AMG, CLS500 Jaguar X-Type wagon 2006 Subaru Forester First generation Pontiac Fiero in color-shifting paint Ferrari 355 2006 Ford Explorer BMW X5 4.8is First generation Dodge Viper 2006 Honda Civic

Saw a first-gen Pontiac Grand Am today. All black. First one I've ever seen. I also see the same red SL500, silver CLS500, and Blue Steel XLR everyday. My commute to work takes me through one of the wealthiest areas of Lexington, which leads to some awesome car sightings on occasion. Edited by bowtie_dude

I don't usually post in these threads unless I have pics to acompany the list.. here's a review of some of my spots from this summer:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My own car at the Worcester Summer Nationals this July.... and some other interesting cars:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I saw a white 5th gen GAGT sedan... going f**king 20 mph under the limit. OMG... if there was ever a time when I needed my goddamn horn. Stupid thing still isn't working... Flashed my headlights over and over again, but either that bitch didn't see it or she didn't care. The road was too narrow to pass. Cost me about a half hour...

1966 Eldorado convertible, registered but parked & for sale. Power windows (including vents), power bucket seats, console, power top w/ glass window, heated seats, A/C, cruise, tilt & telescopic, leather upholstery & real wood trim (not shellaced to death until it looks every bit like plastic, like all modern cars have). Have to call and see how much- am betting it's around $15K.

Sixty8, whats that big primer black car?

[post="22250"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

1966/1967 Oldsmobile Toronado. The one with a HUGE displacement V8 and FWD. It's been chopped by several inches and has a custom Billet Aluminum Grille. :)

1966/1967 Oldsmobile Toronado. The one with a HUGE displacement V8 and FWD. It's been chopped by several inches and has a custom Billet Aluminum Grille.  :)

[post="22334"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

cool. the black primer color makes it more intimidating. i'd be tempted to leave it as is.

Can't believe I forgot to tell about my trip to the dealer. Got to get up close and personal with the new DTS. As well as a G6 GT and some used cars. :P First the DTS. It looks good. I wasn't sure how the fascias would look with the body, but they go together great. Much better than the original. The interior looks good too... very luxurious and better than the STS. Next the G6. It was a red GT sedan. The reason I'm telling you guys this is because I noticed some things. First, it didn't have a spoiler. Are they now optional? If so... that sucks. Second, the interior... the center stack looked different. I studied it and guess what, the plastic is the same as the dash unlike the 2005. Did anyone else notice this...?

Can't believe I forgot to tell about my trip to the dealer. Got to get up close and personal with the new DTS. As well as a G6 GT and some used cars. :P

First the DTS. It looks good. I wasn't sure how the fascias would look with the body, but they go together great. Much better than the original. The interior looks good too... very luxurious and better than the STS.

Next the G6. It was a red GT sedan. The reason I'm telling you guys this is because I noticed some things. First, it didn't have a spoiler. Are they now optional? If so... that sucks. Second, the interior... the center stack looked different. I studied it and guess what, the plastic is the same as the dash unlike the 2005. Did anyone else notice this...?

[post="22780"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've seen a few DTS rear ends and they actually look better than the pre-2006s.