Edmunds - V6 Family Sedan Comparo

pow

For the lazy:

First Place: 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6

Vehicle Tested:

2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

MSRP of Test Vehicle: $30,840

What Works:

Could easily be passed off as a Lexus, class-leading 3.5-liter V6, interior is equally impressive.

What Needs Work:

What once was considered a boring exterior becomes objectionable to some, that family-friendly price keeps creeping up, safety advocates are still winning the battle with those in the enthusiast camp.

Bottom Line:

If you expected the new Camry to be only marginally better than the one it replaces, you'll be happily disappointed by its significant improvements.

Second Place: 2006 Honda Accord EX V6

Vehicle Tested:

2006 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

MSRP of Test Vehicle: $29,850

What Works:

Honda knows how to tune an engine, conservative reputation hides athletic abilities, superb build quality.

What Needs Work:

The brakes and tires don't seem to be on speaking terms, what once looked pretty daring (for Honda) is starting to look ordinary, separate locations for HVAC display and adjustment.

Bottom Line:

The value of conservatism is in its inherent ability to avoid controversy and risk-taking. But then again, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Third Place: 2006 Hyundai Sonata V6

Vehicle Tested:

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

MSRP of Test Vehicle: $24,895

What Works:

Incredible value, plush interior, mainstream (not ugly) styling.

What Needs Work:

Vague steering, easily confused transmission, some interior details were overlooked.

Bottom Line:

While the Sonata represents a huge step forward for the carmaker, Hyundai apparently benchmarked a car that's since been replaced.

Fourth Place: 2006 Ford Fusion SEL V6

Vehicle Tested:

2006 Ford Fusion V6 SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

MSRP of Test Vehicle: $25,650

What Works:

Contemporary exterior design, European-car ride and handling.

What Needs Work:

Drab interior, thrashy engine, lack of available content.

Bottom Line:

What the Fusion lacks in standard (or even optional) equipment, it tries to make up for with a low-ball base-MSRP, sporty driving dynamics and unique style.

I'd probably take the Accord over the Camry because you can get a slick 6-speed, it looks less frumpy, and the interior build quality is much better from what I've observed.

It will be interesting to see if the 2008 Malibu is as good as the press made it out to be during GM's "sneak preview" last year. It's sure to look better than the Camry, so hopefully it has a competitive powertrain and a kickass interior.

the camry's MSRP was 5300 more than the Fusion's and 6 grand more than the Sonata. in the real world that camry will sell for 7-8 thou more than either of those two. so i would hope its a better car. the cadillac CTS and Lincoln LS v8 base versions become available at this price.

Edited by regfootball

LOL

What a surprise... More proof that the domestics will NEVER be good enough for the press.

"Drab interior" ?!?!?!? The Fusion is an EXCELLENT car, yet, of course, finishes last becuse of the badge in it's grille.

Get used to this folks... The domestics finish last because that's where the press has predetermined them to finish.

It even says in the article that "If you want more pizazz (In the interior) word accents are available" yet they still kill it for the (NICE) interior?

Was Ford attempting to mimic BMW's dour, rubberized black dash and buttons? If so, why?

Umm... MAYBE because everyone in the press WORSHIPS that company?!?!?

Another major complaint was "the relative height of the rear window" GIVE ME A BREAK!

All who drove the Fusion remarked that it felt the most "European" of the four. With its taut chassis, confident steering and predictable handling, the Fusion exhibited a sophisticated-sporty nature that even the best handler of the group, the Honda Accord, lacked.

Okay, FIRST, if the Fusion is the "most european" then shouldn't IT have been the best handler? SECOND: in any OTHER comparison this would've waranted the Fusion the winner, but I guess since it's a "ferd" then nobody wants that... Right????

but like a BMW, the trade-off is that this attribute takes it further away from what some might call a luxurious ride.

Funny.... I've never seen THAT in any BMW review. Yet another POSITIVE in a domestic that the media turns around to be a negative through subjective bullsh*t.

While that's a good start, when we started scoring standard/optional features,

You know... I can remember when GM cars were LOADED with electronic 'GEEK' features and no one ever scored them the BETTER for it. Now, all of the sudden, since Japan Inc. signed some deals with their electronics industry that killed ours long ago, all of the sudden we "SCORE" these things.

Still, the Fusion's total as-tested price was an admirable $25,650, the second lowest in the group. That doesn't, however, necessarily translate to a good value if only half the low-cost/high-content equation is exploited.

Yet another POSITIVE exploited as a NEGATIVE.... A good price, but because it doesn't feature all the CRAP that some people might not want anyway, it's a negative. The FJ Cruiser doesn't have everything the H3 offers, yet "It's okay because it's SUPPOSED to be that way." and the FJ Cruiser is subsequently scored higher.

All through the article they have positives about the car... That are subjectively weighted of course to ensure a last place finish. Then they NAIL the coffin shut with this in the conclusion

The 2006 Ford Fusion seems to be trying to be all things to all people, but doesn't really succeed in any one area.

That's a bit harsh IMO and a bit of BULLSH*T It's trying to be "all things to all people" because that's 1) the only way they're going to get the desperately needed sales and 2) to TRY and get a decent f*ckin' unbiased review for once.

Then we get this:

The daring exterior styling was deemed too weird or appliancelike by some,

AFTER the Toyota Camry was deemed the winner.... WHICH one is "weirder"?????

the no-nonsense interior just plain boring,

Of course, if it were in a Honda it would be deemed "Conservative and nicely done with quality to boot"

and the performance was admirable, but not earth-shattering.

Okay, so BESTING the competitors isn't enough now... It has to be "EARTH SHATTERING" before the domestic is fairly evaluated?

Sure, there's that low price, but there's also a lack of content.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Its warranty is good, and it's always nice to know there's roadside assistance for the three-year/36,000-mile period, but the Hyundai Sonata's got the Fusion beat there

I'm willing to bet that this wouldn't have even been an issue or complaint had they not known that they could make the Fusion look bad. Oh, and if this is so important, WHY isn't it factored into the Accord and Camry reviews???? Oh wait, that's right (FOG smacks himself on the head) They're THE ALMIGHTY NEVER BREAK DOWN DUO!!!! But the Ford... Well, I guess you're taking your chances with it, right????? BULLSH*T!!!!!

****The rank and file has been established folks... GET USED TO IT! The press will now continue to *CLAIM* that even the quality glitch ridden koreans are BETTER than Detroit. And they (the press) won't stop until GM and Ford are bankrupt; IF then****

EDIT: You know, now that I think of it... HASN'T that been the MEDIA hallmark of a PERFECT family sedan up until now???? Something that is good in ALL areas?!?!?!? Edmunds even ADMITS that the Fusion is good in all areas, yet apparently, the BAR HAS BEEN MOVED AGAIN... It's kinda hard for the domestics to hit the target when the media is constantly MOVING it right before the silver bullet passes through it.

:bs:

P.S. Why not test the MKZ in this comparo since the Camry is so pricey?

Let's hope the 2007 Aura has something to say about this comparison.

It'll have something to say about 4th place (Because it'll bump the Fusion to 5th)

They'll cite something to the tune of "The Epsilon chasis just feels dated" and "The V6 isn't as smooth" and "THe interior, while quality, is drab" and "We just don't think SATURN when we see this car and that could turn off buyers"

Edmunds is so full of $h!.

Even the Leinert's called the Fusion a great car. This really Is bull$h! of the highest order. Ive seen the inside of a 2k4 Honda Accord V6 and its a damn nice car, but I would compare the Fusion favorably to it. Both are very nice good looking interiors and Fusion seems to be in the msame handling/performance class. The Toyota doesnt even register on the same level. Failure.

Let's hope the 2007 Aura has something to say about this comparison.

LOL

What a surprise... More proof that the domestics will NEVER be good enough for the press.

"Drab interior" ?!?!?!? The Fusion is an EXCELLENT car, yet, of course, finishes last becuse of the badge in it's grille.

Get used to this folks... The domestics finish last because that's where the press has predetermined them to finish.

It even says in the article that "If you want more pizazz (In the interior) word accents are available" yet they still kill it for the (NICE) interior?

Umm... MAYBE because everyone in the press WORSHIPS that company?!?!?

Another major complaint was "the relative height of the rear window" GIVE ME A BREAK!

Okay, FIRST, if the Fusion is the "most european" then shouldn't IT have been the best handler? SECOND: in any OTHER comparison this would've waranted the Fusion the winner, but I guess since it's a "ferd" then nobody wants that... Right????

Funny.... I've never seen THAT in any BMW review. Yet another POSITIVE in a domestic that the media turns around to be a negative through subjective bullsh*t.

You know... I can remember when GM cars were LOADED with electronic 'GEEK' features and no one ever scored them the BETTER for it. Now, all of the sudden, since Japan Inc. signed some deals with their electronics industry that killed ours long ago, all of the sudden we "SCORE" these things.

Yet another POSITIVE exploited as a NEGATIVE.... A good price, but because it doesn't feature all the CRAP that some people might not want anyway, it's a negative. The FJ Cruiser doesn't have everything the H3 offers, yet "It's okay because it's SUPPOSED to be that way." and the FJ Cruiser is subsequently scored higher.

All through the article they have positives about the car... That are subjectively weighted of course to ensure a last place finish. Then they NAIL the coffin shut with this in the conclusion

That's a bit harsh IMO and a bit of BULLSH*T It's trying to be "all things to all people" because that's 1) the only way they're going to get the desperately needed sales and 2) to TRY and get a decent f*ckin' unbiased review for once.

Then we get this:

AFTER the Toyota Camry was deemed the winner.... WHICH one is "weirder"?????

Of course, if it were in a Honda it would be deemed "Conservative and nicely done with quality to boot"

Okay, so BESTING the competitors isn't enough now... It has to be "EARTH SHATTERING" before the domestic is fairly evaluated?

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I'm willing to bet that this wouldn't have even been an issue or complaint had they not known that they could make the Fusion look bad. Oh, and if this is so important, WHY isn't it factored into the Accord and Camry reviews???? Oh wait, that's right (FOG smacks himself on the head) They're THE ALMIGHTY NEVER BREAK DOWN DUO!!!! But the Ford... Well, I guess you're taking your chances with it, right????? BULLSH*T!!!!!

****The rank and file has been established folks... GET USED TO IT! The press will now continue to *CLAIM* that even the quality glitch ridden koreans are BETTER than Detroit. And they (the press) won't stop until GM and Ford are bankrupt; IF then****

EDIT: You know, now that I think of it... HASN'T that been the MEDIA hallmark of a PERFECT family sedan up until now???? Something that is good in ALL areas?!?!?!? Edmunds even ADMITS that the Fusion is good in all areas, yet apparently, the BAR HAS BEEN MOVED AGAIN... It's kinda hard for the domestics to hit the target when the media is constantly MOVING it right before the silver bullet passes through it.

:bs:

P.S. Why not test the MKZ in this comparo since the Camry is so pricey?

It'll have something to say about 4th place (Because it'll bump the Fusion to 5th)

They'll cite something to the tune of "The Epsilon chasis just feels dated" and "The V6 isn't as smooth" and "THe interior, while quality, is drab" and "We just don't think SATURN when we see this car and that could turn off buyers"

You know what, I was looking at your myspace, and there is a link to a survey to tell you what political leader you are familiar to. I'm assuming you resemble Hitler. LOL You sure do sound like it. Except bashing the Jews and Other non-Germans, you bash the media... Behold, the next dictator of America, FOG!

:admin:

$30,000??!?!?!?!   For a freakin FAMILY SEDAN?  I should HOPE its the best of the bunch.

It costs less than the Impala SS, or Grand Prix GTP.

offers comparable acceleration, w/o pathetic fuel economy

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...26/pageId=64992

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...52/pageId=66491

XLE V6 Camry is an unattractive entry-level luxury sedan w/o the pricetag. You could spend more on a 300C, Lucerne, Maxima, TL, S60, Saab 95, Milian and have nothing to show for it.

Though the TL and Maxima are due in for a redisign shortly.

Edited by toyoguy

You know what, I was looking at your myspace, and there is a link to a survey to tell you what political leader you are familiar to.  I'm assuming you resemble Hitler. LOL  You sure do sound like it.  Except bashing the Jews and Other non-Germans, you bash the media... Behold, the next dictator of America, FOG!

:admin:

You know, I hope this thread doesn't turn into another horrid mess someone is going to be forced to lock.

It will be competitive for the first few months, til the competition comes out with something newer.

The problem with GM's models, they design their products to compete with the competition's current line-up

This is so true...

You know what, I was looking at your myspace, and there is a link to a survey to tell you what political leader you are familiar to. I'm assuming you resemble Hitler. LOL You sure do sound like it. Except bashing the Jews and Other non-Germans, you bash the media... Behold, the next dictator of America, FOG!

Hey THAT'S RIGHT!!!!

And the Canadians are the first on my list!!! Just like when Hitler invaded Poland buddy.

And thanks for the views, that survey is pretty funny.

But does it offer BETTER acceleration?!?!?!? Does it offer BETTER muscle car feeling????

And there you go... Apparently, GM cars have to be BETTER than Toyotas to not be "pathetic and crappy"

And while I was at it, I offered a common SUBJECTIVE qualifier that has to be "there" for a win.

XLE V6 Camry is an unattractive entry-level luxury sedan w/o the pricetag.  You could spend more on a 300C, Lucerne, Maxima, TL, S60, Saab 95, Milian and have nothing to show for it.

Except character, class and performance.

Gotta protect those Japan Inc. team mates... Of course, I forgot, those are the only companies worthy of 'wool over their eyes' buyers

You know, I hope this thread doesn't turn into another horrid mess someone is going to be forced to lock.

I'm not worried about it... I've got a new fan!!! (Obviously since he took the time to view my page) and personal attacks don't bother me so much (Remember Baddabing?---I accept that some here don't like me, in fact I enjoy it)

Edmunds needs to learn how to drive. C&D nailed a 5.7 0-60 for the GXP....almost a full second fast than the Camry.

Pssh..knowing Edmunds they probably aren't even real numbers...just estimates.

But does it offer BETTER acceleration?!?!?!? Does it offer BETTER muscle car feeling????

Nope, doesn't offer the noise vibration or fuel economy of one either.

Except character, class and performance.

It doesn't carry the sticker price either.

Gotta protect those Japan Inc. team mates... Of course, I forgot, those are the only companies worthy of 'wool over their eyes' buyers

I'm not protecting anything a new Altima is due at NYIAS and a Maxima is bound to follow.

Honda Accord/TL is also due in for an overhaul.

Edmunds needs to learn how to drive.  C&D nailed a 5.7 0-60 for the GXP....almost a full second fast than the Camry.

Pssh..knowing Edmunds they probably aren't even real numbers...just estimates.

except the GXP heralds from an era where big car dimmensions with small car space was okay. also, heralds from an era where big black flat pieces of plastic was okay. also, uncomfortable seating, gee golly plastics, overwrought design. also, has *too* much character for some, and not the right character for others. also, GXP is fun to drive, has a V8, and is a compelling sporty car, but these cars just don't compete for the same buyer. the camry offers performance, class, quality, reliability, in a sedate package for the average, discerning quality-conscious buyers---a recipe for success some would say

I'm not protecting anything a new Altima is due at NYIAS and a Maxima is bound to follow.

Honda Accord/TL is also due in for an overhaul.

which will make the market that much broader and competitive. Hopefully, the aura has what it takes to keep up.

Entry Midsize FWD cars

Chevy Malibu

Ford Fusion

Kia Optima

Dodge Avenger

Mitsubishi Galant

Suzuki Verona

Mazda 6

Pontiac G6

Premium Midsize FWD cars

Saturn Aura

Buick LaCrosse(on E2)

Mercury Milan

Hyundai Sonata

Chrysler Sebring

Toyota Camry

Honda Accord

Nissan Altima

VW Passat

Luxury Midsize FWD cars

Cadillac BTS(BLS?)

Lincoln MKZ

Acura TL

Lexus ES

Volvo S80

Saab 9-5

We Should never see a comparo of a Luxury car to a Premium Car or of a Premium car to an Entry. I know that the Sonata & Sebring fall below a Camry now but, next gen they will. anyway, my point is that comparos must be realistic and fair.

XLE V6 Camry is an unattractive entry-level luxury sedan w/o the pricetag.  You could spend more on a 300C, Lucerne, Maxima, TL, S60, Saab 95, Milian and have nothing to show for it.

With a 300C, I have a hemi and rear or all wheel drive and people still stop me to ask if it's a bently.

With a Lucerne, I have understated panache, 275hp V8 that is *still* one of the best V8s around, plenty of room for the golf clubs and a ride quieter then lexus.

With a Maxima I have a sport tuned FWD sedan that can haul butt.

With a TL I have the same as a Maxima with a touch more class.

The rest I can't really justify over a Camry because they'd come down to personal preferance...and in my case I'd prefer any of them over the Camry.

The Camry has been burned into my head as the car my boss gets as a rental when his Benz is in the shop. Bobby Rahal, the local big benz dealer in my area uses mid-level Camrys as courtasy cars for their Benz customers.

Nope, doesn't offer the noise vibration or fuel economy of one either.

It doesn't carry the sticker price either.

Uh, the 5.3 is extremely quiet. I tried to start the 5.3 in my Avalanche this morning when it was already running.

Since when does sticker price on a GM vehicle matter? :lol2:

With a Lucerne, I have understated panache, 275hp V8 that is *still* one of the best V8s around, plenty of room for the golf clubs and a ride quieter then lexus.

Don't forget better standard warranty, roadside assistance, standard theft-tracking, more interior room, ect...

you know what baffles me? They harped on the Fusion's interior in this test..but in an earlier road test.

"The Fusion really shines from within, where little details jump out at the driver like freshly laundered pants with a dollar bill hidden in the pocket. Soft-touch materials abound in the cabin, and fit and finish is remarkable. Every panel is perfectly aligned, and gaps are kept to a minimum. The leather-wrapped steering wheel is comfortable to hold, and loaded with easy-to-use audio and climate controls. Even the analog gauges are easy on the eyes yet somehow sporty and just a little bit different.

Settling into the driver seat, the first thing you'll notice (on SEL models at least) is the contrasting stitching in the leather seats. This wasn't necessary on Ford's part, but it really dresses up the look of the cabin. Automatic climate control comes standard on the SEL, and it works very well with a basic three-button interface. Ford even designed the duct system for quiet operation, and it became obvious on a hot August day with the A/C blasting."

WHy is it that in one artcile they say it's great but now it sucks all of a sudden? baffles me.

Typical Edmunds inconsistancy. They bitched about the Park Avenue having fake wood trim one year ("Its too old school Buick") then bitched at it for not having it a few years later ("Where's the wood? Its a Buick for cryin' out loud!").

Also, not one mention about the paltry trunk space in the Camry. Idiots.

c&d already tested an 05 Avalon

0-60 6.0sec

1/4mi 14.6@99

one more gear + less weight, Camry is only faster.

Let's compare...

Avalon:

4.235:1 first gear ratio, 2.36:1 second gear ratio and ~3500lbs

Camry:

3.300:1 first gear ratio, 1.900: 1 second gear ratio and ~3450lbs

With basically the same weight, the Avalon has better gearing, meaning it should be faster.

Yeah, no $h!...

Posted Image

And the Fusion interior is worse than this??!?!?!?!

The whole Fusion part of the review is straight up biased :bs: At least it's gotten fair/good press overall.

I have a feeling this BAD review is because of it's recent sales success.

Also, not one mention about the paltry trunk space in the Camry. Idiots.

WE don't highlight Toyota shortcomings...

you know what baffles me? They harped on the Fusion's interior in this test..but in an earlier road test.

"The Fusion really shines from within, where little details jump out at the driver like freshly laundered pants with a dollar bill hidden in the pocket. Soft-touch materials abound in the cabin, and fit and finish is remarkable. Every panel is perfectly aligned, and gaps are kept to a minimum. The leather-wrapped steering wheel is comfortable to hold, and loaded with easy-to-use audio and climate controls. Even the analog gauges are easy on the eyes yet somehow sporty and just a little bit different.

Settling into the driver seat, the first thing you'll notice (on SEL models at least) is the contrasting stitching in the leather seats. This wasn't necessary on Ford's part, but it really dresses up the look of the cabin. Automatic climate control comes standard on the SEL, and it works very well with a basic three-button interface. Ford even designed the duct system for quiet operation, and it became obvious on a hot August day with the A/C blasting."

WHy is it that in one artcile they say it's great but now it sucks all of a sudden? baffles me.

BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY THE AUTO RAGS WORK THESE DAYS.... AND THEIR CREIBILITY HAS BEEN SUFFERING.

Car and Drivel did the same thing with the Fusion.... Glowing first write up, then a so-so comparison test and the readers REALLY blasted them for it too.

One said "Thanks... It was like reading 2 seperate magazines" to which Ed. replied smugly "You're welcome" as if to imply that they ARE biased and "what of it?"

It all boils down to the fact that EVERYTHING is subjective these days and a fair journalist will give a fair review and the biased one (The majority) give reviews like this....

It's almost as if they wrote the piece on the Fusion up, then decided at the last minute to put the car in last... The article is largely positive, then the conclusion literally chops it's legs out from under it. Gotta make sure to leave that negative impression...

It's all :bs: and increasingly, people are beginning to see it.

how can you not like the Fusion though? I mean out of the four cars it's easily the best looking outside and looks nice inside...not daring but certainly easy on the eyes. I've seen a few on the road and they look really good. That Gillette Mach 3 grill of its looks great.

See that test doesn't make much sense...they have no real complaints about it, except the engine noise and lack of some features...and the wood coulda been ordered if they wanted. The car drove good and stuff, and in the second opinions they even say the Fusion and Sonata are better deals. Screwy

My point exactly.... Anymore it's a proverbial coin toss....

The problem is; this is where the BAD image of the domestics (CREATED and PERPETUATED by the media) come into play and the Honda and Toyota... AND Sonata all automatically get the nod...

And the media purposely isn't doing anything to correct this imbalance, in fact they're adding to it when possible.

This is so true...

Hey THAT'S RIGHT!!!!

And the Canadians are the first on my list!!! Just like when Hitler invaded Poland buddy.

And thanks for the views, that survey is pretty funny.

I did the 45 question survey, my result was Mother Teresa

Trust me, I was having a conversation with buddies at work about US invating Canada, won't happen, reason: We are under the British monarchy. LoL, if Bush decided to invade us, then England would get involved, and you know what happens when you piss off England?

I did the 45 question survey, my result was Mother Teresa

Trust me, I was having a conversation with buddies at work about US invating Canada, won't happen, reason:  We are under the British monarchy.  LoL, if Bush decided to invade us, then England would get involved, and you know what happens when you piss off England?

We boycott Aston Martin?

And the Fusion interior is worse than this??!?!?!?!

The whole Fusion part of the review is straight up biased :bs: At least it's gotten fair/good press overall.

I have a feeling this BAD review is because of it's recent sales success.

It's not a bad review because it placed behind the Camry, Accord, and Sonata.

WE don't highlight Toyota shortcomings...

"Given the choice between a 2006 Hyundai Azera Limited and a Toyota Avalon XLS, we'd take the Azera. And not just because we're the cheapskates who grabbed the discounted floor-model TV from Best Buy."

Right, edmunds picked an Azera over the Avalon, MT sure didn't.

Edited by toyoguy

anyone who is able to control their bladder and talk in phrases longer than three words, but still spends actual money on the lump of sh1t Azera needs an examination. I'm not huge on the LAVALON, but its a definite step up on the Azera. Hyundais hardware has improved but their designs and interior quality and accomodations are still imitation/third world and we still don't have the long term call on their reliability yet. The Sonata's already been recalled I believe and the only reason anyone would buy one is price and warranty. That's not a horrible reason to buy one, but its misleading still because the cars are only average....NOT CLASS LEADING. I am no toyo fan but I would take a new 07 Camry over the Azera any day of the week.

My God, if you're so desperate for an Asian luxury car, please buy a CPO 2 year old Lexus ES then. You will like it more and will have big warranty.

Edited by regfootball

Heck, even a Lucerne over the Hyundai. At least I have the size, comfort, and class of a Buick. Which is more respected when you pull up to the valet? Hyundai or Buick?

Besides, the Azera looks like a chinese regal knock off.... at least with the Lucerne, you'd get a real Buick.

I just think the bias shines through with the mention of the Fusion's "drab" interior.

First of all, its entirely subjective.

Second of all, the Fusion interior, available in two-tone camel and tan, two-tone flint and tan or all black with wood or piano-black accents is HARDLY drab. Not to mention the materials are SUPER high quality. Spongy plastics on upper and lower dash on top of great fit and finish.

I just think the bias shines through with the mention of the Fusion's "drab" interior.

First of all, its entirely subjective.

Second of all, the Fusion interior, available in two-tone camel and tan, two-tone flint and tan or all black with wood or piano-black accents is HARDLY drab.  Not to mention the materials are SUPER high quality.  Spongy plastics on upper and lower dash on top of great fit and finish.

Agreed... atmosphere can be subjective; quality and design are not. The Fusion's interior looks professional and first-tier, especially compared to the Sonata's homemade-looking one.

That's not a horrible reason to buy one, but its misleading still because the cars are only average....NOT CLASS LEADING.

[cheap shot mode]

That only matters if it's a domestic.

[/cheap shot mode]

PolishKris: Mother Teresa... LOL That's cool though! AS far as the U.S invading Canada... Meh, I think we've already got enough purposeless wars to keep us occupied for now... (If you get my drift)