Schucks.

Cory Wolfe

The fan is another possibility. Does it go on? If you have AC, turn it on and see if the fan turns on. If not, let the car idle until it gets up to operating temp and see if the fan goes on.

Fan is working. Thermostat completely slipped my mind since I recently had the coolant flushed. I hope its not similar to the Golf where you have to drain the coolant and remove the power steering pump to get to it.

You probably have to drain at least some coolant, but I think on Hondas it's an easy switch once you get the hoses off.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, my days off have aligned with sunshine.

New thermostat is in, but its not fixed yet. I'm hoping there's just trapped air from opening it up. In that case, I'll need to put it through a few warming/cooling cycles before I know. I definitely have differing temps between the upper radiator hose and the lower radiator hose.

Otherwise, the Golf is done... Finished... Over... Kaput. I'm not putting any more money into it at this point and currently, It's not drivable from a safety standpoint. The power steering pump died, the rear struts are blown, the fuel pump needs replaced, a wheel bearing just went out, and it needs a full tune up. I already have more in this car than I ever should have put into it... nearly twice blue book value, and I really don't feel like adding to a lost cause. If I can't get the CRX going by tomorrow, I'm going to have to speed up my car search and just settle for something... anything.

I refuse to purchase another cheap car without something else on hand.Essentially, I'll just be less picky in what I buy. I might consider an automatic! :P

I dunno, if you're having difficulty financing and difficulty getting around in what you have, then I think a good place to start is a car you can buy without a loan, and one that will reliably get you around. A Prizm (or Corolla but they're more expensive) fits the bill perfectly.

I dunno, if you're having difficulty financing and difficulty getting around in what you have, then I think a good place to start is a car you can buy without a loan, and one that will reliably get you around. A Prizm (or Corolla but they're more expensive) fits the bill perfectly.

I'll make financing work one or the other... I just might not go through my credit union in doing so.

*white accord picture*

I've looked at coupes with the V6 and a stick, I could probably live with one. Though, that would also mean I'd have two, TWO, white Honda's in the drive-way, which may turn me into a Honda-humper. Beware! :P

So I've figure out the problem... I feel less intelligent for it, as well. Radiator leak. Coolant wasn't flowing because there wasn't any coolant to flow. I'm not entirely sure when and where the leak developed. Apparently, what threw me off was the full coolant reservoir, which must be nothing more than an overflow? Regardless, tried adding coolant directly to the radiator and, sure enough, it started leaking back out around the bottom left corner. This isn't quite the easy fix I was hoping for.

So I've figure out the problem... I feel less intelligent for it, as well. Radiator leak. Coolant wasn't flowing because there wasn't any coolant to flow. I'm not entirely sure when and where the leak developed. Apparently, what threw me off was the full coolant reservoir, which must be nothing more than an overflow? Regardless, tried adding coolant directly to the radiator and, sure enough, it started leaking back out around the bottom left corner. This isn't quite the easy fix I was hoping for.

Radiator swap should be fairly easy. I did it on the Toronado in about 2 hours and I have transmission cooler lines that hook up to mine.

That the coolant reservoir fooled you is an indicator that your radiator cap could be bad... or it could be that due to the leak the radiator couldn't build up enough negative pressure to draw excess coolant back into the system and instead just sucked air through whatever hole you have in the unit. Radiator caps are cheap. Get a new one when you replace the radiator itself.

While you have everything apart, if the lower radiator hose is easy to access, just replace it while you're under there. You have no idea how long it's been there.