Karaoke

Satty

I thought we had a thread on this, but apparently not.

Ok, its Saturday night, you're pretty well smashed, the bar has karaoke. What song do you do?

For me its Bad Romance or Party in the U.S.A. For some reason I rock those in the most awkward way. Last time the wife got brave and we did My Humps. Well, I rocked the will.i.am parts while she drunkenly stumbled through Fergie's lines.

It's been a while since I've done Karaoke, but I've had fun w/ it in the past after a few beers..Styx's Mr Roboto was a favorite, or anything by Def Leppard or AC/DC sung in a William Shatner style voice (w/ dramatic pauses).

Last time I did karaoke, I did The Way You Make Me Feel at my wife's request. That wasn't easy because Michael Jackson sang an octave higher than me.

Before that, I did Love by Musiq Soulchild. Owned that bad boy, too.

Karaoke is always made better with some yogurt soju.

I'm partial to anything Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, or Ke-dollar-sign-ha. Don't judge me.

Yogurt soju? The hell do you get that? I love soju--great way to serve cocktails with only a 2-way license--but I've never seen it paired with yogurt.

Katy Perry cannot sing. I'm not amazing amazing at all and I can sing better than she can. I'm totally judging you for that, by the way.

I can sing a mean Bon Jovi, fav songs are Livin on a prayer, It's my life and Wanted.

After that I can range far and wide from Guns and Roses to Billy Joel. I enjoy a challenge and I can pull songs most songs off pretty well but every now and then I crash and burn.

After that I can range far and wide from Guns and Roses...

Oh! That reminds me: Welcome to the Jungle and Sweet Child of Mine. I'll karaoke those. But I can only do the former well if I'm sober. I can't stumble through Shanananananananananananaknees after a couple pints. If I'm not careful, I can trip on it even if I'm sober.

Edited by Turbojett

Nickelback - So Far Away

Bryan Adams - Everything I do

Celine Dion - My F(he)art will go on.

Wow just add a Justin Bieber, Shania Twain and/or an Avril Lavigne song and you'll have a lock on the irritating Canadian exports!!

badCanada.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/%252522bad%20canada!%252522/TravisMichaels/badCanada.jpg?o=

Edited by Croc

gotta have karoake classics...

kenny and dolly 'islands in the stream'

(in fact there is prob about 10 great kenny tunes that work well with keroke)

i suppose dancing queen.....whitney houston greatest love of all.......everlasting love (that duet that's been done by like 10 artists).....john denver tunes.......shania twain songs like 'any man of mine'........

oh gosh the possibilities are endless.....endless love! lionel and diana.....you light up my life debby boone! OMG

i've seen folks murder paradise by the dashboard lights.

Edited by regfootball

Honestly, haven't been to a karaoke bar in YEARS... we used to go every Thursday night when I was getting my Bachelors... I've done some Matchbox20 songs, Greenday... and one unfortunate incident where this insanely hot girl and myself, both beyond wasted at my "coming out to my parents party", sang Nat/Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable". Too bad no one I know has a tape deck--it was recorded :facepalm:

Karaoke is always made better with some yogurt soju.

I'm partial to anything Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, or Ke-dollar-sign-ha. Don't judge me.

Yogurt soju? The hell do you get that? I love soju--great way to serve cocktails with only a 2-way license--but I've never seen it paired with yogurt.

Katy Perry cannot sing. I'm not amazing amazing at all and I can sing better than she can. I'm totally judging you for that, by the way.

It's good. They mix a tart, Yakult-like yogurt with the soju... makes it much more pleasant. I had at this place in Ktown: http://www.yelp.com/biz/gaam-restaurant-and-lounge-los-angeles