Cadillac News: Rumorpile: Cadillac ATS Coupe To Debut At Detroit

William Maley

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

November 24, 2013

It was almost two years ago when Cadillac put German automakers on notice when they introduced the ATS sedan at the Detroit Auto Show. The automaker is looking to do a repeat performance of that by introducing the ATS Coupe at next year's Detroit Auto Show according to a new report from Edmunds.

Few details are available about the new coupe, but judging from spy shots, we can assume that the ATS coupe will be somewhat similar in design to the CTS coupe. The ATS sedan's powertrain and transmission lineup will likely carry over to the coupe, as will the option of all-wheel drive.

Source: Edmunds

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

This will only be an improvement. The 2nd generation CTS coupe is one of THE nicest looking cars on the market. Will be neat to eventually see one close-up & in person

The current CTS coupe is among the most unique designs on the market, it really pushes the envelope for no deck. The CTS coupe has a dramatically different impression depending on whether it is in motion, or still, whether it is close to you, or far, and what color. A black CTS coupe at speed from a distance is quite striking to watch in motion.

That said, Cadillac is probably not going to risk that radical a look on the ATS coupe since they want success with it outside the US.

I'd have no trouble owning a current CTS coupe, except I dislike the dash.

• Agree 2

I am also in the camp that really appreciates the individuality & exclusivity of the CTS coupe. It's not meant to be a safe, fuzzy-warm, generic 2-dr : this is the Cadillac of yore that lead styling movements. Want something tame & predictable- go get a mercedes E 2-dr.

Reg put it perfectly; jet black CTS-V coupe is about as dynamic & menacing as it gets this side of some sports/super cars.

• 1 month later...

Only thing I don't like is that GM horribly mispalced the logo on the grille: not good looking at all sitting on one of the horizontal chrome lines on the grille; should be between the 2 chromed lines to look better IMHO... But that's a bit of me aiming for the ultimate nitpicking :smilewide: