AN opnion on the FJ Cruiser

So today me, my brother, and our friend were driving, and cutting through a parking lot. We all saw a sliver FJ Cruiser pulling in, and the following conversation ensued.

Him: What the hell is that?!

Me: It's a Toyota FJ Cruiser. It's new.

Him: It's so ugly!! It looks like it has a tumor growing out the back of it!!

Me: :lol:

Well.....whether you like the styling or not, they are ALL over the place here in southern California.

My friend and I were at the Crystal Cove car show this morning in Newport Beach and in the parking lot of the car show, there were two......medium red and blue. Then, we probably saw three others throughout the morning out on the freeways.

Well.....whether you like the styling or not, they are ALL over the place here in southern California.

My friend and I were at the Crystal Cove car show this morning in Newport Beach and in the parking lot of the car show, there were two......medium red and blue.  Then, we probably saw three others throughout the morning out on the freeways.

My first time seeing on in person was today...so they don't sell well everywhere i guess.

Uff...I can't believe that Motor Trend fawned all over this thing like they did! It's so ugly! I still have yet to see one not sitting on a dealer's lot, so I guess people here aren't taken by the styling.

I don't care for the FJ at all, but I have two co-workers who drool over it, and I suspect one or both of them will buy one. The passenger compartment up front seems ok to me, but the plastics in the cargo area seem pretty flimsy.

My friend and I were at the Crystal Cove car show this morning in Newport Beach and in the parking lot of the car show, there were two......medium red and blue.  Then, we probably saw three others throughout the morning out on the freeways.

Same. I go to school in downtown portland, and I count at least 18 a day, different ones too, how do I know? Because I see one that's differently customized each day, on top of the stock one's that I see.

Wilson Toyota stuck one of these on campus for our annual VEISHEA event...the ISU PD were using them to hand out free t-shirts and stuff to improve PR relations with the students so a riot repeat of the one in 2004 wouldn't happen. In general, there wasn't really any reaction to them. The night before when the ISU PD held a little gathering at our dorm to give away free stuff, they told us to look for the "yellow mini-HUMMERs...I think they're called a Toyota FJ-something"...her exact words.

Same. I go to school in downtown portland, and I count at least 18 a day, different ones too, how do I know? Because I see one that's differently customized each day, on top of  the stock one's that I see.

Interesting... I've yet to see one on the road up here. Only on dealer lots.

I do see tons of H3s though.

The local dealer has had 3 so far. First two sold, current one is bright blue with 5 speed. $28k. I think they start at like $23k, but the options run the price up quick. The mileage ratings are worse than a new Tahoe by 2 mpg. I understand part of the reason may be low gearing, but for the casual user, that's substantial. I haven't seen any on the road. Edited by ocnblu

haven't seen a single one on the roads around cleveland. in my humble opinion, it is the new crowned king of all ugly vehicles, WAY uglier than the aztek ever dreamed of. first time someone backs into me with one i will sue toyota for making a s**tbox with such an awful blind spot. it not as if very many people actually know how to back up as it is.

H3 sales  vs FJ sales:

April        

March      

Feb

Jan

Dec

Nov

October

September

August

July

June

May

FJ sales

April

March

We'll see soon enough

Edited by toyoguy

H3 sales  vs FJ sales:

April        

March      

Feb

Jan

Dec

Nov

October

September

August

July

June

May

FJ sales

April

March

We'll see soon enough

yep. should be interesting.

Most have $8K mark-ups, though... :(

Don't forget, mark-ups go to the Dealer... not to the manufacturer.

If sitting side-by-side, there's no way I'd personally pay the same price for a marked-up FJ as I would for an H3.

Must be all the smog causing peoples senses to be distorted. :rolleyes:

Im not to fond of the FJ styling, but some people may be. The BJ/FJ was Toyota old landcruiser back many years ago. It was a good vehicle, and is even to this day. The BJ was the Diesel iirc, and the FJ was the gas. They still sell for a lot. Go to ebay and type in toyota cruiser.

Maybe people are buying them because of past namesake... idk.

Ive seen a few on the roads. They dont look horrid or anything imho, but they dont look good.