Random Thoughts Thread

14 hours ago, dfelt said:

:puke:Once they satisfy the over paying baby boomers who want to live the experience, the rest of us will say PASS. The boat will then end up as a gambling boat in China or gutted and redone to modern day style as those cramped conditions in the lower tier cabins no one wants. Even today's modern boats are cramped. I just do not see what the big deal is about the boat or the movie which I honestly never saw. My daughter and wife went to see it multiple times and my daughter owns the sound track. She is banned from playing it at home any time I am home. I am so sick of the music and the whole jack crap story. <_<

I'm not a fan of many retro things, including car rehashes and movie reboots.  The whole thing today for ocean liners and cruise ships in order to be successful is the maximization of outside cabins, either with large picture windows or balconies.  Even the big ships released in the 1960s (the QE2 and the France) would fall short on that criteria.  I am not looking forward to seeing this.  I know that it will have to be a certain length to get through the Panama Canal.  At 963 feet, the QE2 could get through the canal and was able to visit L.A. or S.F. annually on her World Cruise because of that.  At between 1,100 and 1,200 feet in length, the new QM2, Cunard's current flagship, cannot use the Panama Canal and has to go around South America.  That's why L.A. and S.F. have only seen her a time or two.  After going around South America, she heads to East Asia, Polynesia, and Australia during the winter and then runs transatlantic service during the summer.  I'm guessing the (new) Titanic was and is going to be shorter than the QE2, making a Panama Canal crossing feasible.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ocnblu said:

GMC's site has its 2019 Sierra "Build & Price" up and running for crew and extended cabs, in all trims!!!

How did this take them so long?  They've been on lots for about two months now. 

11 hours ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 9.50.27 AM.png

'Built' an AT4 : $58,7xx.  😩

This. Looks. Great. 

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Hahaha what do you expect when you check every box?!? 

But I left a couple box's unchecked.

I will say if you select a package, I would expect by now as I know it can be done that the web site drop's the options that cannot be selected with that model choice. Leaving them so that it either prompts you to drop to a different model or says you cannot do this without first removing the other package is just stupid.

If someone chooses AT4 as the model, they should only present AT4 options IMHO. The offer everything and mess up  your truck choice is just stupid to me.

These crack me up every time I watch them. Course I just have no use for cats and am a dog lover so that could play a part too. Bird one is priceless, could use that feature for protecting my auto's.

:roflmao:

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

But I left a couple box's unchecked.

I will say if you select a package, I would expect by now as I know it can be done that the web site drop's the options that cannot be selected with that model choice. Leaving them so that it either prompts you to drop to a different model or says you cannot do this without first removing the other package is just stupid.

If someone chooses AT4 as the model, they should only present AT4 options IMHO. The offer everything and mess up  your truck choice is just stupid to me.

So that's not even the Denali version...the Denali is what, $80k - 90k or more? 

12 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Starts at $54,700.

Thought it would be more... I went through the B&P and ticked all the boxes and got the Denali to $72k+..

Total Vehicle and Options
$72,930
Destination Freight Charge
$1,495
Total Vehicle Price
$74,425
Net Price
$74,425 

1 minute ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Thought it would be more... I went through the B&P and ticked all the boxes and got the Denali to $72k+..

Total Vehicle and Options
$72,930
Destination Freight Charge
$1,495
Total Vehicle Price
$74,425
Net Price
$74,425 

They've watered the brand down similar to how Ford has watered the Titanium trim level. At one point if you got a Titanium it was loaded or there was 1 or 2 options. Now you still have a choice in engines on top of all the other boxes you can tick, including front or AWD. At first, it was big engine, AWD, and most every option included. 

You can get a 2WD, 5.3L "Denali". 

Yeah yeah yeah... "BUT WHAT IF I WANT BETTER FUEL MILEAGE AND DONT NEED A 6.2 AND 4WD???"

You're spending 60k on a truck... don't act like 2mpg will hurt you now. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Starts at $54,700.

What exactly are you getting in this truck worth $55k?

People complain here about fully loaded mid size cars or CUVs cost more than $30k or close to $40k.  And they seem to be ok that a regular truck now costs $60k?

3 minutes ago, balthazar said:

A 'regular truck' CAN cost $60K, but a mid size loaded car can also cost more than $40K. While the Denali may start at $55K, a Silverado Double Cab starts at $33K.

And what exactly are you getting for the extra $20k?

Well... that's a valid question, of course. But on any trim-within-a-model scenario.
Was just playing around on the Silverado configurer:
Crew Cab : $2200
4WD : $600
5.3L V8 : $4095
LT trim : $4700 - which is a bunch of features & trim, some of which may overlap with with 4WD- it would take a legal pad & some time to get hard line-item numbers and avoid duplication.

That's $11.6K right there.

Keep in mind these are MSRP numbers- almost no vehicles sell at MSRP. Even the '19 Silverado B&P has discounted prices for some of the packages (such as All Star).

Edited by balthazar
  • Like 1

It's honestly so difficult to go down a list of features and say what one trim has and the other doesn't include.

I have to assume leather is a starting point but this is what comes up on the base $54,700 Denali. Yeah, it's overwhelming to try and decifer what each trim does and doesn't have. the basics are probably pretty simple but...yeah... 

MSRP from $56,195 
Features include:
  • GMC MultiPro Tailgate - industry-first six-function tailgate
  • 5.3L V8 engine with 8-speed automatic transmission
  • AutoTrac 2-speed transfer case (on 4WD models only)
  • Dynamic Fuel Management
  • Integrated Dual Exhaust
  • Segment-exclusive Adaptive Ride Control
  • Traction Select System with Off-Road mode
  • ProGrade Trailering System
  • Integrated trailer brake controller
  • High-intensity LED headlamps and LED taillamps
  • Spray-on bedliner with Denali logo
  • 12-fixed cargo tie-downs, rated at 500 lbs per corner
  • CornerStep rear bumper
  • Authentic perforated Forge leather-appointed seating and open-pore ash wood trim
  • Heated and ventilated front seats and heated outboard rear seats
  • Heated steering wheel
  • 8" Digital Driver Information Center
  • Next generation Premium GMC Infotainment System with Navigation
  • Bose® Premium Sound System
  • Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Safety Alert Seat and more
  • Available 6.2L V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission
  • Available 3.0L Duramax Turbo Diesel engine with 10-speed automatic transmission (late availability)
  • Available Head-Up Display, Rear Camera Mirror and Surround Vision
  • Available MultiPro Power Steps
  • Available Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System
STANDARD FEATURES
PackageMechanicalInteriorExteriorSafety
  • Package
    • Driver Alert Package I
      • Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert1
      • Rear Cross Traffic Alert1
      • Front and Rear Park Assist1
      • Perimeter Lighting
      • May require additional optional equipment
      1 Read the vehicle's owner's manual for important feature limitations and information.
    • Trailering Package
      • Trailer hitch
      • Trailering hitch platform
      • Includes a 2" receiver hitch, 4-pin and 7-pin connectors
      • 7-wire electrical harness and 7-pin sealed connector for connecting your trailer's lights and brakes to your vehicle
      • Automatic locking rear differential
      • Hitch Guidance1
      1 Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather, and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle's owner's manual for more important feature limitations and information.
    • ProGrade Trailering System includes (PZ8) Hitch Guidance with hitch view and (U1D) In-vehicle Trailering App (All features of (ZL6) Pro Grade Trailering are included within SLT / AT4 / Denali however the code of "ZL6" is not utilized for these PEGS and therefore will not be included on any ordering materials or within any systems.)
  • Mechanical
    • Pickup bed
      • Roll-formed high-strength steel
    • 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine with DFM
      • 355 hp [265 kW] @ 5600 rpm
      • 383 lb-ft of torque [518 Nm] @ 4100 rpm
      • Dynamic Fuel Management technology
      • Paired with a 8-speed automatic transmission
    • 8-speed automatic transmission
      • Electronically controlled with overdrive
      • Tow/Haul mode
        • Raises transmission upshift points to provide more power to accelerate with a trailer or heavy load
        • Raises downshift points to use engine compression to help slow the truck instead of merely braking
      • Powertrain Grade Braking
        • Automatically uses the engine and transmission to slow the truck to maintain desired speeds when driving downhill
        • Reduces brake wear and increases vehicle control
      • Cruise Grade Braking
        • Downshifts automatically to slow the truck as it drives downhill if it exceeds the cruise set speed by a certain amount
    • 6,900 lbs. GVWR
      • When properly equipped; includes weight of vehicle, passengers, cargo and equipment
    • 3.23 rear axle ratio
    • High-capacity air filter
      • Thick construction helps to trap more dirt before it can enter the air intake
    • Automatic Stop/Start
      • At complete stops, when drivers keep their foot on the brake pedal, and under certain conditions, the engine shuts off
      • When drivers remove their foot from the brake, the engine automatically restarts
      • Under certain circumstances, the engine will not shut off at a complete stop
      • This feature can be disabled with a switch on the center stack
    • Automatic locking rear differential
      • When the differential senses a significant difference in wheel speed, it locks to turn both rear wheels in unison for added traction
      • The Eaton® Locker senses a difference in wheel speed of approximately 100 rpm
    • Adaptive Ride Control
      • Monitors each wheel independently during your drive, adjusting vertical suspension every 2 milliseconds to maintain a smooth ride
      • Real-time damping system uses a dual coil receptor, which improves responsiveness to quickly changing road conditions
      • Enhanced ride and handling in a variety of road surface conditions
      • Uses electro-magnetism to change the damper fluid's properties (no moving valves)
      • Enhances traction and allows more precise steering
    • Rear wheel drive
    • External engine oil cooler
      • Heavy-duty air-to-oil cooler
      • Helps prevent possible engine oil breakdown under heavy loads
    • External auxiliary transmission oil cooler
      • Heavy-duty air-to-oil cooler
      • Helps provides optimal transmission performance even when operating under a heavy load or towing a trailer
    • 170-amp alternator
    • Battery, heavy-duty 730 cold-cranking amps/80 Amp-hr, maintenance-free with rundown protection and retained accessory power (Included and only available with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine, (L3B) 2.7L Turbo engine and (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine.)
    • Fully boxed frame
      • Hydroformed front section
      • High-strength steel
    • Integrated trailer brake controller
      • Integrated with the antilock brake system (ABS)
      • Helps provide immediate and measured brake force signaling to electric-controlled trailer brake systems
      • Trailer gain and output are displayed in the driver information center
    • Denali Chrome vertical recovery hooks
      • Two front frame-mounted1
      1 To avoid the risk of injury, never use recovery hooks to tow a vehicle.
    • Cargo tie-downs
      • 12-fixed rated at 500 lbs. per corner
    • Electric Power Steering
      • Increases or decreases the amount of assist depending on the steering wheel angle
      • Electric, rack-mounted with variable assist
      • The system delivers great on-center precision and confident performance at higher speeds
      • Steering assist is greater during low-speed maneuvers, such as parking
    • 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
      • Help reduce wheel lockup and maintain steering control during hard braking on most slippery surfaces
      • DuraLife brake rotors have better resistance to corrosion to increase rotor life, minimize brake pulsation, and improve aesthetic appearance
      • Brake system features a corrosion-fighting process called "Ferritic Nitro Carburizing" which can double rotor life expectancy and reduce or minimize rust
    • Capless fuel fill
      • Prevents paint scratches that can result from a tethered fuel cap
      • Creates a tight seal around the fuel-pump nozzle when the nozzle is fully inserted
    • Dual-outlet exhaust
      • Integrated into rear bumper
      • Premium exhaust outlets
    • Aluminized stainless-steel muffler and tailpipe
  • Interior
    • 8" diagonal Premium GMC Infotainment System with Navigation
      • Multi-touch display, AM/FM/SiriusXM1 stereo and includes Navigation2
      • HD Radio capability
      • Bluetooth®3streaming audio for music and select phones
      • Apple CarPlay™ capability for compatible phones4
      • Android Auto capability for compatible phones5
      • Use, control and manage select smartphone apps through the Infotainment system
      • Voice-activated technology for phone
      • USB port(s)6 to play stored audio files through your vehicle's audio system
      • With greater memory
      1 If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change. ©2018 Sirius XM Radio Inc. Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. All rights reserved.
      2 Map coverage available in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
      3 Go to my.gmc.com/learn to find out which phones are compatible with the vehicle. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
      4 Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible iPhone and data plan rates apply. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. Siri, iPhone and iTunes are trademarks for Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
      5 Vehicle user interface is a product of Google and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and an Android compatible smartphone running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Data plan rates apply. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
      6 Not compatible with all devices.
    • HD Radio
      • Provides consumers with additional channels known as HD2, HD3 and HD4
      • Transmits Program Service Data, such as song titles and artist information
    • SiriusXM® Radio trial
      • Welcome to the world of SiriusXM1
      • Enjoy your 3-month trial subscription to the All Access package with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, exclusive talk, entertainment and news
      • Plus, listen on the app and online — it's included with All Access, so you'll hear the best SiriusXM has to offer, anywhere life takes you
      1 If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349. See the SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change. ©2018 Sirius XM Radio Inc. Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. All rights reserved.
    • Bose® Premium Sound System
      • 7-speakers with subwoofer
      • Bose® is renowned for expert sound engineering and high-quality audio and with premium speakers positioned throughout the cabin, you'll get rich, concert-like sound
    • USB ports
      • 2 located on instrument panel1
      1 Not compatible with all devices.
    • USB Ports (Inside Console with bucket seats), 2 also includes 1 SD card reader and auxiliary jack
    • USB ports
      • Second row includes 2 USB charging-only ports1
      1 Not compatible with all devices.
    • Bluetooth®
      • Pair your compatible mobile phone to your vehicle's infotainment system1
      • Place and receive hands-free phone calls
      • Store your phone's contact list in the system to place an outgoing call quickly using the touch-screen display or voice command system
      • With streaming audio capability, you can listen to files stored on your phone or Bluetooth digital media device
      1 Go to www.my.gmc.com/bluetooth to find out which phones are compatible with the vehicle.
    • Steering-wheel mounted controls
      • Allow the driver to easily operate the audio system and phone interface controls
    • Built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot
      • A strong connection to the Internet for up to 7 devices1
      • Includes Data Trial for 1 month or 3GB (whichever comes first)
      1 Visit onstar.com for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. Services and connectivity vary by model, conditions and location. Requires active service and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T.
    • Wireless Charging
      • Uses induction technology for portable electronic devices1
      • Convenient charging location on the top of the center console
      • Device may require optional case for phones that are compatible
      • Customers can charge their smartphones while they drive without connecting to any cables
      1 The system wirelessly charges one PMA- or Qi- compatible mobile device. Some phones have built-in wireless charging technology and others require a special adapter/back cover. For a list of GM wireless charging-compatible mobile devices see my.gmc.com/learnAbout/wireless-charging. If your device is not on this list, please consult your carrier.
    • Front bucket seats
    • 10-way power driver seat with power lumbar
      • Moves the seat forward and back, and up and down
      • Tilt the seat cushion and seatbacks
    • 10-way power front passenger seat
      • Forward and back
      • Up and down
      • Tilt seat cushion back and upright
      • Recline seatback up and down
      • Includes 2-way power lumbar
    • Heated driver and front passenger seats
      • Separate buttons on the climate control panel allow you to choose from 3 levels of warmth
      • At the touch of a button you can warm the cushions and seatbacks with multilevel temperature control
      • Individually controlled
      • Seats can be programmed to automatically warm up when it's cold out
    • Driver memory
      • Recalls 2 driver presets for 10-way power seat and outside mirrors
    • Ventilated driver and front passenger seats
      • Separate buttons on the climate control panel allow you to choose from 3 levels of fan circulation
      • Individually controlled
      • Cooling feature includes both seatbacks and cushions
    • Leather-appointed rear seat with storage package
      • Full-length bench seat
      • Seatback storage on left and right side
      • Center fold out armrest with 2 cupholders
      • Underseat storage (full cab width)
    • Heated second row outboard seats
      • At the touch of a button you can warm the cushions
      • Provide comfort in cold weather for passengers in the second row outboard seating positions
      • Passengers have their own controls to set the perfect temperature
    • Front center console
      • Includes reconfigurable feature with cupholders, cell phone storage, power cord management and file holder capacity
    • Carpeted floor covering
      • Color-keyed to match the interior
    • Front carpeted floor mats
      • Helps protect your interior from road debris and the elements
      • Denali models feature unique premium tufted carpeting
    • Rear carpeted floor mats
      • Helps protect your interior from road debris and the elements
      • Denali models feature unique premium tufted carpeting
    • Manual tilt and telescoping steering column
      • Allows the driver to adjust the steering wheel up or down, and the steering column forward or back
      • Provides extra comfort when entering or exiting the vehicle
    • Leather-wrapped steering wheel
    • Heated steering wheel
      • With the press of a button the steering wheel quickly heats up to provide additional comfort on a cold day
    • 8" diagonal, digital Driver Information Center
      • Multiple page views may include fuel data, audio information, trailer settings, phone features, certain active safety features status and navigation route guidance
      • Includes driver personalization, warning messages and vehicle information
    • In-vehicle Trailering App
      • Checklist
      • Checklist1
      • Trailer light sequencing
      • Trailer light sequencing
      • Trailer maintenance reminders
      • Trailer maintenance reminders
      • Trailer security alerts
      • Trailer security alerts
      • Trailer mileage
      • Trailer mileage
      • Tow/haul reminder
      • Tow/haul reminder
      • Trailer electrical diagnostics
      • Trailer electrical diagnostics
      • Includes trailer tire pressure monitoring alert ONLY when (PTT) trailer tire pressure monitor system is factory ordered and sensors are installed
      • Includes trailer tire pressure monitoring alert ONLY when (PTT) trailer tire pressure monitor system is factory ordered and sensors are installed
      1 App functionality and features vary with vehicle equipment and trim level. Device data connection may be required. Available on select Apple and Android devices. Some features require connected vehicle services trial or active plan and working electrical system.
    • Compass, located in instrument cluster
    • Outside temperature display
      • Located in radio display
    • Power windows
      • Driver with express-up/down
    • Power windows
      • Front passenger with express-up/down
    • Power windows with rear express-down
    • Power door locks
      • Programmable
      • Allows you to lock and unlock doors easily whether it's from the driver or front passenger seat or from outside using the key fob
    • Remote Start
      • Start your vehicle remotely and step into a comfortably warmed or cooled vehicle, depending on the weather and your preset preferences
      • Locks doors and turns on parking lamps while the engine is running
      • Activates the climate control system
    • Keyless Open and Start
      • Locks and unlocks your car's doors without having to use the key fob, increasing security and convenience
      • With the vehicle in Park or Neutral, press the brake pedal and then press the engine start/stop button to start the engine; the green indicator on the button will illuminate
      • Shift to Park and press the engine start/stop button to turn off the engine
    • Universal Home Remote
      • 3-channel programmable
      • Conveniently activate compatible devices such as garage door openers, security systems, and home automation devices from inside your vehicle
    • Cruise control
      • Maintains a selected speed while driving
      • Automatically disengages when the vehicle's traction control system needs to limit wheelspin on slippery surfaces or when the StabiliTrak® stability control system detects an oncoming skid
      • Set and resume speed functions
      • Steering-wheel mounted controls to easily maintain and manage cruising speed
    • Theft-deterrent unauthorized entry system
      • Sounds the horn and flashes the turn signals when someone attempts to open the vehicle without the proper key or remote transmitter
      • Helps deter unauthorized entry, helping to protect your vehicle
    • Steering column lock control
      • Helps prevent theft by allowing the steering wheel to operate only with the proper key fob
    • Dual-zone automatic climate control
      • Automatically maintains the selected temperatures for both the driver and front passenger
      • Driver and front passenger can choose a temperature up to 30 degrees difference
      • Allows individual climate settings for both driver and front passenger
    • Rear air vents
      • Provides cabin comfort for rear occupants
    • Rear window defogger
      • Helps to keep your rear view clear of fog or frost
      • Utilizes a warming grid to help remove fog or frost from the rear window
    • 12-volt auxiliary front power outlet
    • 12-volt auxiliary rear power outlet
    • 120-volt power outlet
      • 3-prong auxiliary household-style outlet
      • Located on the instrument panel
      • Makes it convenient for powering laptops, phone chargers and other electronic devices
    • 120-volt box-mounted power outlet
      • 3-prong auxiliary household-style outlet
      • Located in the pickup bed
    • Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror
      • Automatically dims the inside rearview mirror when it senses bright light from behind
      • When headlamp glare is no longer detected, the mirror returns to its normal state
    • Assist handles
      • Front A-pillar mounted for Driver and Passenger
      • Rear B-pillar mounted
  • Exterior
    • 20" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels
    • 20" P275/60R20 all-season, blackwall tires
    • 17" full-size spare steel wheel with Black finish
    • Rear wheelhouse liners
      • Help protect your truck's rear wheelhouse area from damage caused by dirt, rocks, mud, road salt and the weather
    • 17" P255/80R17SL all-season, blackwall spare tire
    • Spare tire carrier lock
      • Helps keep spare tire secure
      • Utilizes the same key as the door and ignition
    • Body-color front bumper
    • Body-color rear bumper
    • CornerStep rear bumper
      • Helps make it easier to get into and out of the pickup bed
      • Located at each end of the rear bumper
      • Textured step pads to help provide secure footing
    • 6" chrome rectangular full length assist steps
      • Wheel to wheel, provides easier access to the front of the truck bed closest to the cab
      • Steps make it easier to get in and out of your vehicle
      • Textured step pads help provide secure footing
      • Extends from wheel well to wheel well
    • Full chrome surround window moldings
    • Grille (Signature Denali grille with high gloss Black mesh and Chrome inserts.)
    • LED reflector (high intensity) headlamps with LED turn signals and LED signature Daytime Running Lamps
      • C-shaped LED headlamps with signature lighting and innovative light blade technology
    • LED fog lamps
      • Help minimize glare in adverse driving conditions
    • LED signature taillamps
      • C-shaped LED taillamps with LED stop and reverse light
      • Brighter and lasts longer than traditional incandescent bulbs
    • Heated, power, driver-side auto-dimming, power-folding outside mirrors
      • Puddle lamps
      • Perimeter lighting
      • Memory setting
    • Chrome mirror caps
    • Power sliding rear window with rear defogger
      • Helps to keep your rear view clear
      • Utilizes a warming grid to remove fog or frost from the rear window
      • The window switch is conveniently located in the overhead console for easy 1-touch operation
    • Deep-tinted glass
      • Provides added protection from sun and glare
    • Cab-mounted cargo area lamps
      • With switch on center switch bank
      • Illuminates the cargo bed area
    • Cargo bed LED lighting
      • Provides light to find cargo in the bed
      • Rear pillar lamps
    • GMC MultiPro Tailgate
      • Six function tailgate design to help improve loading, unloading and access the cargo box
    • Tailgate with EZ Lift assist, power lock & release
      • Hitch area light
    • Tailgate and bed rail protection caps
    • Chrome door handles
    • Spray-on bedliner
      • Provides a Black, textured, non-skid surface that helps minimize cargo shifting
      • Covers the entire bed surface below side rails, front box top rail, gauge hole plugs and lower tie-down loops
      • Chemically bonded, the sprayed-on liner permanently bonds to the truck bed, providing a watertight seal
      • Includes logo
      • Does not include spray-on liner on tailgate due to Black composite inner panel
  • Safety
    • StabiliTrak, electronic stability control system with traction control
      • Automatically helps enhance control, particularly during emergency maneuvers, by adjusting the brakes and engine torque to help you stay on your intended path
      • Activates when vehicle sensors detect a difference between the driver's intended path and the direction the vehicle is actually travelling
      • Includes Traction Control that detects wheel slippage and applies brake pressure and/or reduces engine power to help the driver maintain control when accelerating on wet or snow-covered roads
      • Includes Brake Assist that senses how hard and fast a driver hits the brake pedal and gives extra braking assistance, if required
      • Includes Trailer Sway Control
      • Hill Start Assist
    • LED Daytime Running Lamps
      • DRL automatically illuminate signature lighting
    • 6 Airbags
      • Dual-stage frontal airbags for driver and front outboard passenger1
      • Seat-mounted side-impact airbags for driver and front outboard passenger1
      • Head-curtain airbags for front and rear outboard seating positions1
      • Includes front outboard Passenger Sensing System for frontal outboard passenger airbag1
      1 Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.
    • OnStar® and GMC Connected Services capable
      • Receive 1 month of GMC Connected Services and 1 month of OnStar Safety & Security Coverage, plus 3GB/1 month of data, whichever comes first1. See your dealer for details
      1 Model year 2018 and newer vehicles include: 1 month of OnStar Safety & Security Plan and 1 month of GMC Connected Services which include navigation services, Remote Access Plan, and 1 month or 3 gigabytes of 4G LTE data (whichever comes first) from vehicle delivery date. Services are subject to user terms and limitations. Visit onstar.com for more details. Data plans offered by AT&T. Availability subject to change.
    • GMC Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity
      • Enables select services such as Vehicle Diagnostics and Dealer Maintenance Notifications and more1
      1 Limitations apply. Not transferable. Standard connectivity available to original purchaser for ten years from the date of initial vehicle purchase for model year 2018 or newer GMC vehicles. See onstar.com for details and further plan limitations. Connected Access does not include emergency or security services. Availability and additional services enabled by Connected Access are subject to change.
    • Hitch Guidance with Hitch View
      • Provides driver with convenient overhead view and a guideline to assist in properly lining up to your trailer hitch1
      • Image adjustment1
      • Pan/Zoom/Tilt1
      1 Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather, and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle's owner's manual for more important feature limitations and information.
    • Hitch Guidance
      • Provides driver with a convenient guideline to assist in properly lining up to your trailer hitch1
    • HD Rear Vision Camera
      • When in Reverse, provides the driver a high resolution image display of the scene directly behind the vehicle on the infotainment screen to help the driver park and avoid nearby objects during low-speed maneuvering1
      • Dynamic guidelines laid over the display image assist in parking maneuvers by showing the vehicle's path and available space
      • Tailgate must be in the raised position for the Rear Vision Camera to operate properly
    • Front and Rear Park Assist
      • Below 5 mph (8 km/h), provides distance-to-object alerts to help the driver park1
      • Also helps the driver avoid nearby detected objects directly ahead or behind the vehicle during low-speed maneuvering
    • Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
      • Provides side-mirror alerts to help the driver avoid a moving vehicle detected in their side blind zone1
      • Also helps detect a vehicle that is rapidly approaching their side blind zone during a lane-change maneuver
    • Rear Cross Traffic Alert
      • When in Reverse, provides alerts to help drivers avoid approaching detected left- or right-cross traffic (e.g., out of a crowded parking space or driveway with side obstructions)1
    • Safety Alert Seat
      • The patented Safety Alert Seat provides the driver the option of getting haptic seat-bottom vibration pulses instead of audible crash avoidance alerts1
    • Teen Driver
      • This configurable feature lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob to help encourage better driving behavior1
      • It can limit certain vehicle features, and automatically turns on certain safety systems if vehicle is equipped1
      • An in-vehicle report card gives you information on driving habits and helps you to continue to coach your new driver1
    • Tire Pressure Monitoring System
      • Monitors the pressure in each tire and alerts you if there is a low-pressure condition in one or more of the tires1
      • Properly inflate tires to help optimize your vehicle's ride, handling and efficiency
      • Includes Tire Fill Alert
      1 Does not monitor spare tire.
    • Rear Seat Reminder
      • Helps to remind the driver to check the back seat(s) before leaving the vehicle1
      • Activates when rear doors are opened and closed up to 10 minutes before or anytime while your vehicle is on
      • Under certain conditions, once the vehicle is switched off, designed to sound 5 audible chimes and display a visual message within the Driver Information Center
      • Active only once each time the vehicle is turned on and off, and would require re-activation on a second trip
      1 Does not detect people or items. Always check rear seat before exiting.

4 hours ago, ccap41 said:

It's honestly so difficult to go down a list of features and say what one trim has and the other doesn't include.

I have to assume leather is a starting point but this is what comes up on the base $54,700 Denali. Yeah, it's overwhelming to try and decifer what each trim does and doesn't have. the basics are probably pretty simple but...yeah... 

MSRP from $56,195 
 <lots of stuff>

So the Denali has a lot of content standard and a lot of optional content.   One can imagine the nightmare all the electronics will be when these are 15-20 years old and on their 3rd or 4th owner.. ugh.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Cool Tech, but I do wonder what will Teens do for a job to make some extra money if not flip burgers?

The fast food places often seem to have adults and retirement age people working them around here.   At local Dunkin Donuts there is a woman that appears to be from India/Pakistan and another lady from Scotland (her accent makes the drive through orders a challenge). 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

The fast food places often seem to have adults and retirement age people working them around here.   At local Dunkin Donuts there is a woman that appears to be from India/Pakistan and another lady from Scotland (her accent makes the drive through orders a challenge). 

It is false that most fast food workers are teens. 83% are 30 years old or older. Only 17% are 29 or younger.

From the NYT

Their average age is 35, and 88 percent are at least 20 years old. Half are older than 30, and about a third are at least 40.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, balthazar said:

3 traditional teen employment categories I never was a cog in: retail, pumping gas (NJ), fast food. Yet I worked since I was in my early-teens.

Worked Retail and Fast Food, never pumped gas except when Driving! 😏

My first job wasn't until freshman year in college, I worked in the campus bookstore for 2 years until I got a job with the Math & Computer Science Department IT team as an assistant to the sys admin--the wonderful world of late night UNIX server upgrades, setting up computer labs, doing tape backups, etc.  The good stuff..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

Tell me the truth.  Is this an "old man" truck?  I am 54 now, I need to know if I'm going quietly in the night.  $41,970.  It looks good to me.  Typical Chevy, missing the left front wheel center cap.  LOL.

db89a094-de97-4af5-85a4-08cf77b5e05f.png

f0801b30-15bc-4518-adba-2c974da4ae17.png

Edited by ocnblu
  • Haha 1

WT with 5.3L, Convenience Package, Chrome Package, Trailering, G80 locker 3.42 rear end, spray-in liner, and side steps.  The black vinyl interior with rubber floors would be easy to clean, and if the vinyl is anything like my TDi Beetle it would be great.

Edited by ocnblu

37 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I really see you more as a midsize truck guy.

Well I've had 3 fullsizers.  '89 Silverado 305/5 speed stick, regular cab longbed 4X4.  '02 4.8/auto 2WD, shortie reg cab, and '07 Sierra SLE 5.3/auto shortie reg cab.

Dad and bro have both parked their '03 and '04 Silvies outside of their garages since new, and their paint jobs are fine.  Rusty at the rockers though, normal for that age and geo location.

Edited by ocnblu

I know, the 17's do look rather small now that we're all used to giant rims.  And a co-worker just bought new tires for his '08 Ram with 20's (thanks Dodge for starting this expensive, 20 inch wheel trend in pickups, grrr...) and they were only $144/tire, Hankook all terrains of some sort or another, and they look good.  So maybe a 20" rim is not necessarily a super expensive solution anymore.

• Agree 1

A bunch of randomness this evening.   Went to a concert downtown, had front row, center seats.  Great show.   Classic cosmic prog rock from John Lodge.

On the way to the show, while slowly going down a busy two-lane street dead-ending into the club parking, the police pulled over the SUV behind me...which was a black Jeep that appeared identical to mine.  Odd. 

On the way home, my Jeep hit the 40,000 mile mark.  Not bad for a '14. 

Watched a freighter go down the river out into Lake Erie from the club, tried to take pics, but through the glass my phone made a blurry pic.   Outside I took a few pics of the city at night.  Mellow evening. 

IMG-0496.JPG

IMG-0494.JPG

IMG-0495.JPG

• Agree 4

Demented dream:  I was on the shoulder of a suburban four lane highway, riding a simple metal stool with a padded seat, on little plastic wheels of course.  Motive power came from me, gyroscopically leaning in a forward direction (it is how I "fly" in my dreams too, with an inner gyroscope, not an outward spin).  I am perched on it on my knees.  I remember two of the vehicles that passed, a giant 10 wheeled truck (I felt the breeze) and a carload of thugs in a spider-eye, hooptified Integra.  A nice lady who lived along the road came out and gave me a gift in a plastic bag.  I accepted it, but then as I went I was thinking I did not want to carry it and I was looking to toss the bag in high weeds (so she wouldn't see it and feel insulted) along a creek that went under the road.  I remember thinking I was heading toward a car dealer row, I was heading out on my stool to look at new trucks.  Does the stool represent my Compass?  What direction am I going with this?