Random Thoughts Thread

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I have not been able to get into my Facebook account for more than a few minutes for over a week.  It will not load past the first two posts.  It then times out and drags my whole PC to a halt, kicking me off the internet entirely, requiring a restart.  I can get into all my other favorites perfectly fine.  I discovered at first when it was shutting down my internet, the Windows troubleshooter was telling me my PC is trying to connect to a DNS server that does not exist, or is incorrect, but I believe that is only when trying to access my Facebook account.  Can anyone help me out with this?  TIA.

Facebook = hell, they have some of the worst virus prone posts ever. I have never had and never will have a facebook account.

I would try using one of the free antivirus scanners on your system if you do not have antivirus software. 

Microsoft posted this:

Hi Tammy McIntosh,

a) What is the message you get when you log in?

b) Is it just the facebook that you are not able to log into?

You might want to use Add-on Manager to disable some add-ons and then turn on add-ons only as you need them. This will let you determine which add-on is causing the problem.

1. Click Start
      Start button
      , and then click Internet Explorer .
   2. Click Tools , and then click Internet Options .
   3. Click the Programs tab, and then click Manage add-ons .
   4. Click an add-on in the Name list, and then click Disable .
   5. Try to view the Web page again to see whether it works correctly.
   6. If the Web page works correctly, you know that the add-on caused the problem. If you still cannot view the Web page, the add-on did not cause the problem, and you can enable it again.

Also you may Optimize Internet Explorer and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps in the given link to optimize IE.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213 

Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

I did find this on Facebook support post:

If you find yourself unable to stay logged in to Facebook, the problem may lie with your Internet browser or with Facebook itself. To be sure, troubleshoot your computer and see if it fixes the problem. If the problem is on the Facebook side, though, you may simply need to wait until problems with the site itself are repaired before you can stayed signed in at length.

Internet Settings

You might experience problems when using Facebook in Internet Explorer if the browser is configured incorrectly, repeatedly signing you out of the site. To change the settings, click "Tools," then click "Internet Options." Click "Security," then click "Custom Level" and look for User Authentication. Select "Automatic Login With Username and Password" and then save your settings and sign in to Facebook again.

Troubleshooting Browsers

Clearing your saved settings and cookies on your browser may fix the problem with Facebook logging out. Open your browser settings and clear your private data. In Chrome, you can do this from the Settings menu; in Firefox, you can do it from the Options menu. In Internet Explorer, swipe in from the right side of the screen and select "Settings." Click "Options | History | Select | Cookies | Done" to clear the cookies. Sign back into Facebook to see whether the problem is resolved.

Remote Logout

If someone else has your Facebook password, that person can kick you out of Facebook from a remote computer. If you suspect that another person is logging you out of your account, sign in to Facebook again and end all other active sessions. Click "Settings," then "Account Settings." Click "Security," then "Active Sessions." Close any sessions other than your primary and then reset your password.

Site Errors

It's possible that you're being logged out of Facebook because the site is experiencing problems. Sign out of your account and wait for awhile before logging back in. If you're still having problems, contact Facebook to alert them to the error with the Consistent Logout Problems form (https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/268228883256323). Choose how often the problem occurs from the drop-down menu and then describe what else is happening when the disconnection occurs in the text box. Submit the form to Facebook when you're done.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2018 at 5:12 PM, A Horse With No Name said:

Thought of trinicria Bob the other morning. No 747 passenger flights into Columbus but freighters cone into Richenbacker down where I live all of the time. 747 taking off and heading west low over our neighborhood....6 or 700 feet...morning sun...gorgeous.

Was also saddened to find that a 747 had been destroyed in an accident this week. It has been a bad week for aircraft...737 that was nearly new was destroyed with the loss of all hands...that 747...and a 757 just ran off a runway and was destroyed.

The Boeing jumbos are beautiful but, some 10 years later, I still can't get my head around the Airbus 380 because it looks like a Beluga whale in the front 3/4 view.  I'd still like to fly on one, though. I hear they are quieter than Boeing's products.

I was looking for this 747 hull loss.  Where did this happen?  I couldn't find anything on it.

I am actually booked on a segment on a Boeing 787 Dreamliner.  It's a short segment within the U.S. next summer.  I wanted to get a whole day and catch a "red eye," but I decided to leave early in the afternoon and choose the flight using the Boeing 787.  It's a ticket using accumulated miles.  I feel like a big kid ... I am really excited about this!

Some people don't like living near airports or under a flight path.  I think I'd get off on it.  (Well, not quite).  Some friends of my parents lived on the approach to the north runway to LAX (before the houses were condemned or whatever happened) and we'd sit in the backyard watching jumbos fly over us and cross Sepulveda Blvd. to touch down on the tarmac ... heavies from all over the world and I love the way the 747 tilts slightly upward as it lands so the 16 wheels under the midsection touch the tarmac first.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Agree 2

On 11/10/2018 at 1:21 PM, Robert Hall said:

I rented many Town Cars over the years...when on vacation in So Cal or back in Ohio visiting my Mom.   Rented many Grand Marquis, Dodge Intrepids, Chrysler 300s (Ms and Cs), etc...always liked getting the big cars.   I once rented a Town Car in LA and had a fun drive up twisty Angeles Crest Highway...

Yesteryear's Town Cars would have been too wallowy on the Angeles Crest Highway.  Maybe more recent models hold the road better. 

I once had to take an old school Town Car from White Plains, NY to JFK.  I was on the inside lanes near the guard rail on both the Hutch and the Van Wyck and I couldn't feel where the tires were.  My boss was furious with something that happened with the initial car we were given and got this upgrade.  My boss went back home first, so I got stuck with this massive car for an extra day or two.

Within the last month, I learned that there is street slang along the lines of "old schoolz" and I think it refers to the mid 80s RWD Cutlass Supremes and company.  You all can fill in the (politically incorrect) gaps.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Yesteryear's Town Cars would have been too wallowy on the Angeles Crest Highway.  Maybe more recent models hold the road better. 

It was pretty soft..was a 2006 IIRC.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

The Boeing jumbos are beautiful but, some 10 years later, I still can't get my head around the Airbus 380 because it looks like a Beluga whale in the front 3/4 view.  I'd still like to fly on one, though. I hear they are quieter than Boeing's products.

I was looking for this 747 hull loss.  Where did this happen?  I couldn't find anything on it.

I am actually booked on a segment on a Boeing 787 Dreamliner.  It's a short segment within the U.S. next summer.  I wanted to get a whole day and catch a "red eye," but I decided to leave early in the afternoon and choose the flight using the Boeing 787.  It's a ticket using accumulated miles.  I feel like a big kid ... I am really excited about this!

Some people don't like living near airports or under a flight path.  I think I'd get off on it.  (Well, not quite).  Some friends of my parents lived on the approach to the north runway to LAX (before the houses were condemned or whatever happened) and we'd sit in the backyard watching jumbos fly over us and cross Sepulveda Blvd. to touch down on the tarmac ... heavies from all over the world and I love the way the 747 tilts slightly upward as it lands so the 16 wheels under the midsection touch the tarmac first.

Halifax...plane over ran runway with a strong tail wind...iirc runway was wet. Assuming it is a hull loss as fuselage is broken behind wings.

• Sad 1

Yeah....really kind of sad. I have kind of taken a mild interest in general aviation and rail fanning. Partly I think because I see so few cars built today to keep my intetest.

Agree with trinicria bob that the A380 is an awkward looking bird.

Sitting here in my backyard enjoying a bonfire. Beautiful night here in Columbus.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

2018-11-07_N908AR_B747-400F_SkyLease@Halifax_ACC11.jpg

I found an article.  It had photos.  Crazy.  It was a 747-400 F (freighter).  It has the winglets.  The 400s were the best selling 747s.  With the engines being sheared off and it breaking up, it's almost a miracle it wasn't worse. 

Being in Nova Scotia, it was being loaded up with lobsters to be flown to China.  Some people made some offhand comments about the lobsters.  I guess lobsters would be expensive if you need to have a 747 fly them to you.

I think most of us remember what happened when an Air France Airbus 340 overran the runway in Toronto during heavy rain.  That plane caught on fire and was laying on the embankment of the Canada 401 (?) expressway but everyone survived.  All the slides opened up and people were getting the hell out of the plane and away from the aircraft. I'll never forget seeing that on the news.  Yikes.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

I found an article.  It had photos.  Crazy.  It was a 747-400 F (freighter).  It has the winglets.  The 400s were the best selling 747s.  With the engines being sheared off and it breaking up, it's almost a miracle it wasn't worse. 

Being in Nova Scotia, it was being loaded up with lobsters to be flown to China.  Some people made some offhand comments about the lobsters.  I guess lobsters would be expensive if you need to have a 747 fly them to you.

I think most of us remember what happened when an Air France Airbus 340 overran the runway in Toronto during heavy rain.  That plane caught on fire and was laying on the embankment of the Canada 401 (?) expressway but everyone survived.  All the slides opened up and people were getting the hell out of the plane and away from the aircraft. I'll never forget seeing that on the news.  Yikes.

I remember that well. The a 340 is also a bird I like. Something about the look of a four engine plane is just classical.

I need to get away on a vaccation somewhere. 

Taking our debate team to illinois this weekend. So far we were quarterfinalists at Lafayette university in PA...won the tournament outright in Clarion...and lost in the final round at ST Anslem.

I really like ST. Anslem. Neat university. Was going to try to get togeher with Sixty Eight Panther when I was there last year but it did not work out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@Robert Hall @trinacriabob @A Horse With No Name OK peeps, where is the story, wait I found it! :P  More pics at the story link.

https://fighterjetsworld.com/2018/11/07/boeing-747-400f-suffered-a-runway-excursion-after-landing/

GOOD NEWS: No lobsters were lost, all will make it to China for Dinner. :P 

QUOTE: Airport spokesperson Theresa Rath Spicer said the Sky Lease Cargo plane coming from Chicago was making a scheduled landing to pick up live lobster and then fly to China, with a stop in Alaska along the way. Rath Spicer said the lobster was instead picked up by Gateway Aviation to be transported to its destination.

Boeing 747-400F suffered a runway excursion after landing

This cargo jet was to be loaded with live lobster and head for China, but it went off the runway upon landing. (Steve Lawrence/CBC)

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I remember that well. The a 340 is also a bird I like. Something about the look of a four engine plane is just classical.

I need to get away on a vaccation somewhere. 

Taking our debate team to illinois this weekend. So far we were quarterfinalists at Lafayette university in PA...won the tournament outright in Clarion...and lost in the final round at ST Anslem.

I really like ST. Anslem. Neat university. Was going to try to get togeher with Sixty Eight Panther when I was there last year but it did not work out.

While I don't like most Airbus twin aisle products, I like the Airbus 340 a lot.  Earlier versions were smaller -200 and -300 series.  The last version is a -600 series.  I believe they were released in 1993 or 1995.  It's a great set-up ... 2-4-2 seating in steerage, and 4 engines.  The smaller engines on the -200 and -300 look just right.  I have flown on those via Lufthansa.  I saw one darting around FRA airport and the upward sweep of the wing from behind is beautiful.  As for the -600 series, it was a flight on Iberia.  The -600 engines are massive and have a lot of thrust.  These -600s barrel down the runway and rotate very quickly with a full house aboard.

The Airbus 340s are considered gas hogs, hence the twin engine Airbus 330.  Same thing as the Airbus 340 inside, more or less, but with two engines.

- - - - -

Iberia Airbus 340-600 outbound - boarded via a connection at Chicago O'Hare

WP_000148.thumb.jpg.cfeeb9107e778a241c5f50e7798cfad3.jpg

Iberia Airbus 340-600 outbound - early arrival in Madrid at dawn - look at those engines!

WP_000174.thumb.jpg.9af082f92ea11044d899fb0ce7203686.jpg

Iberia Airbus 340-300 return - Madrid - these are the smaller engines on an older bird

WP_001093.thumb.jpg.849b40ef55ff7449b1af3e00239b03f3.jpg

Iberia Airbus 340-300 return - Madrid - boarding via bus and stairs; notice how hot and dry it is outside

WP_001094.thumb.jpg.6ffe41a3715766e3852de52080feba7a.jpg

Iberia Airbus 340-300 return - I'm almost sure this is right over Las Vegas McCarran, since LAX would only take 30 more minutes and the runway layout looks familiar and like the one on the city map.

WP_001114.thumb.jpg.1b6808d80f243ca8364ed3717f660c63.jpg

Iberia Airbus 340-300 return - in an unlikely place ... over the California desert

WP_001115.thumb.jpg.2c850d6834117627de15a00183aef9b4.jpg

Iberia Airbus 340-300 return - a window seat view on the San Gabriels, with LAX in about 15 minutes

WP_001125.thumb.jpg.d28e4777e71220809200404c0de0903c.jpg

Iberia Airbus 340-300 return - DTLA to the left, as the flaps start doing their job to land the plane

WP_001129.thumb.jpg.041c210d3ef765374659808b6c489f20.jpg

Iberia Airbus 340-300 return - on the ground at LAX over 11 hours later (I think Iberia has retired the -200s and -300s ... not sure.)

WP_001148.thumb.jpg.a722e05be624dba8953edde7e2d8f608.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

When will we get a clear enough idea of what the 2020 Dodge Charger will look like?  I'm going to assume it will be on the next platform for at least 5 years.  If so and I like the way it looks and its powertrain, that could be my next car.  Any ideas as to when?

3 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

When will we get a clear enough idea of what the 2020 Dodge Charger will look like?  I'm going to assume it will be on the next platform for at least 5 years.  If so and I like the way it looks and its powertrain, that could be my next car.  Any ideas as to when?

Good question...I haven't heard anything concrete about future FCA products beyond MY 2019.   From what I've read on Jeep forums, for instance, the next Grand Cherokee (WL) has been delayed until 2021.   Maybe the next gen of Charger has been delayed also.   Seems like 2020 will probably just be a carryover since 2019 is here already...

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Good question...I haven't heard anything concrete about future FCA products beyond MY 2019.   From what I've read on Jeep forums, for instance, the next Grand Cherokee (WL) has been delayed until 2021.   Maybe the next gen of Charger has been delayed also.   Seems like 2020 will probably just be a carryover since 2019 is here already...

I think with Ford dropping passenger cars and Chrysler not upgrading the Charger/Challenger/300, and Gm talking about dropping regular passenger car products...and electrics becoming more popular...I would bet 2021 is going to start to see some more radical changes to the automotive market than we are used to. 

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I think with Ford dropping passenger cars and Chrysler not upgrading the Charger/Challenger/300, and Gm talking about dropping regular passenger car products...and electrics becoming more popular...I would bet 2021 is going to start to see some more radical changes to the automotive market than we are used to. 

I am definitely seeing that trend ... and I don't like it.  It may work for some, but not for me.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Yeah no.  Just no.  Tesla manufactures junk for fools with too damn much money.

Your just showing how Jealous you are of people with fun toys. All 4 SUVs are cool, but Tesla built the fastest one! :D :duck:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, balthazar said:

Did you watch the video? Tesla did the 1/4-mile run in 1 hour and 11 seconds.

- - - - -

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 3.57.04 PM.png

I will say that the 1hr 11 second preprep of the battery pack for Ludicrous mode is an interesting point that no one else has ever brought up and I found buried on Tesla web site. Interesting, it would be cool to see the runs again if they did not do the battery optimization prep.

14 hours ago, dfelt said:

Yet the Tesla X spanked those overpriced SUVs. :P 

Don't dis-include the X as being an overpriced SUV. 

13 hours ago, dfelt said:

Your just showing how Jealous you are of people with fun toys. All 4 SUVs are cool, but Tesla built the fastest one! :D :duck:

For comparison's sake, I would have liked to see the GLE63 or the (god forbid, it's ugly) GLE63 Coupe. 

• Agree 1

On 11/8/2018 at 6:30 AM, ocnblu said:

Been having trouble getting online last few days.  Happy B-day!  (in case you don't have your glasses handy!)

I had Lasik. 😜

On 11/8/2018 at 9:30 PM, balthazar said:

You mean almost 30. What does 29+ feel like? :D

I feel like a 25 year old.....I just need to find one who's willing. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

R.I.P. to those who have lost their lives. The lack of Federal response to the fires is inexcusable.

Amazing pictures of the wildfires that started on Federal land and are burning down California. One picture I thought was sad but cool is some person's McMansion is burning down, but the fire fighters knew  what to save!

Ford GT350 at a home in Malibu.

Slide 50 of 57: Firefighters push a vehicle from a garage as a wildfire fire burns a home near Malibu Lake in Malibu, Calif., Friday, Nov. 9, 2018. (AP Photo/Ringo H.W. Chiu)

Car Dealership in Paradise from the Camp Fire was a total loss as the town was burnt off the map.

Slide 53 of 57: An American flag is seen at an engulfed car dealership during the Camp Fire in Paradise, California, U.S. November 8, 2018.

Some old cars lost forever

Slide 55 of 57: A vintage car rests among debris as the Camp Fire tears through Paradise, Calif., on Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018. Tens of thousands of people fled a fast-moving wildfire Thursday in Northern California, some clutching babies and pets as they abandoned vehicles and struck out on foot ahead of the flames that forced the evacuation of an entire town.

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I don't know the details about everything out west but I'm not sure what else the federal government can do.

Easy, if we can send thousands of troops to the border, we can send thousands to help build containment around these fires. The national Guard and our military should be sent in as they do have training that can assist with building the fire lines that can help contain and put out these nature started fires.

• Disagree 1

Looks like a '62 Rambler 440 hardtop.
Another car death is this custom, recently found & restored to perfection, the Tibbs Streamliner had a hand-formed aluminum body. It's reported destroyed.

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 1.16.18 PM.png

Also heard 1 of the only 26 Hudson Italia's was burnt.

Edited by balthazar
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Looks like a '62 Rambler 440 hardtop.
Another car death is this custom, recently found & restored to perfection, the Tibbs Streamliner had a hand-formed aluminum body. It's reported destroyed.

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 1.16.18 PM.png

Also heard 1 of the only 26 Hudson Italia's was burnt.

Your saying these cars are reported lost in the california fires? 😭

• Agree 1

Unfortunately, yes. Lot of money out that way, doesn't sound like the people that made it out had time to move much in the way of belongings. The wealthy can rebuild, but personal stuff is irreplaceable.

I looked into wildfires when the last big CA one was ongoing and was surprised to see CA was NOT #1. I think TX might have been. I guess they get more coverage in CA, because I would've thought 75% of the US's fires were out there.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dfelt said:

R.I.P. to those who have lost their lives. The lack of Federal response to the fires is inexcusable.

Amazing pictures of the wildfires that started on Federal land and are burning down California. One picture I thought was sad but cool is some person's McMansion is burning down, but the fire fighters knew  what to save!

Ford GT350 at a home in Malibu.

Slide 50 of 57: Firefighters push a vehicle from a garage as a wildfire fire burns a home near Malibu Lake in Malibu, Calif., Friday, Nov. 9, 2018. (AP Photo/Ringo H.W. Chiu)

Car Dealership in Paradise from the Camp Fire was a total loss as the town was burnt off the map.

Slide 53 of 57: An American flag is seen at an engulfed car dealership during the Camp Fire in Paradise, California, U.S. November 8, 2018.

Some old cars lost forever

Slide 55 of 57: A vintage car rests among debris as the Camp Fire tears through Paradise, Calif., on Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018. Tens of thousands of people fled a fast-moving wildfire Thursday in Northern California, some clutching babies and pets as they abandoned vehicles and struck out on foot ahead of the flames that forced the evacuation of an entire town.

At least one 68 Fastback Mustang sadly lost forever in all of this.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Your saying these cars are reported lost in the california fires? 😭

Yes....and to Balthazar's point a guy in Texas lost 150 vintage cars in a wildfire not that long ago.

• Sad 1

Been a sad week for departures...we lost the legendary race car driver David Pearson...and my old high school friend lost his wife. She was only 51. Obituary did not say what she passed from.

55 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Unfortunately, yes. Lot of money out that way, doesn't sound like the people that made it out had time to move much in the way of belongings. The wealthy can rebuild, but personal stuff is irreplaceable.

I looked into wildfires when the last big CA one was ongoing and was surprised to see CA was NOT #1. I think TX might have been. I guess they get more coverage in CA, because I would've thought 75% of the US's fires were out there.

My aunt and uncle almost had to evaporate...my brother in laws boyhood home got wiped out.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Recession is coming.

Oil spent a chunk of time artificially high, and some investors naturally may have been smacking their lips hoping it would again explode ("contemplating $100/barrel"). Circa $56/barrel is still over it's median price going back before it's Big Run began in '05. And there really was no reason for that Big Run other than speculation. It certainly wasn't raging demand.

Demand is falling & oil is still priced above where it should & has been, traditionally. 12 days in a row of slight declines doesn't mean much of anything, and it certainly isn't a harbringer of recession by itself.

10 minutes ago, balthazar said:

If one wants, one can find 'signs' of a viewpoint everywhere.
At some point people convince themselves with little to no tangible evidence.

Confirmation bias is a really nasty intellectual fallacy that even many intelligent people fall into.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

We have not really even re established where we were in 1984 when I graduated high school. Too many Americans don't want to buy American and are buying cheap chinese crap.

16 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Dfelt is one of those guys that would wish a recession, just so he could blame the president.  And it is not the first time he has posted such claptrap.  Deplorable.

He is entitled to his economic and political opinion just like you are entitled to yours.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I feel like a 25 year old.....I just need to find one who's willing. 

Hell...I would settle for a cold beer...something dark...a porter or a stout. Good American stuff from a small local brewery somewhere.

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Hell...I would settle for a cold beer...something dark...a porter or a stout. Good American stuff from a small local brewery somewhere.

A beer served from an Asian beer babe would be nice! ;) 

I do miss Japanese baseball, as the picture will speak for itself:

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

And their beer gardens

See the source image

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Am I reading signs here?  Has something happened?

nope. nothing has happened. Albert and I just celebrated 11 years together. 

13 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Dfelt is one of those guys that would wish a recession, just so he could blame the president.  And it is not the first time he has posted such claptrap.  Deplorable.

There are lots of signs that a recession is coming.  If nothing else because the economy moves in cycles anyway... but the structural signs are there.  If we do hit a recession, it will mostly not be Trump's fault as he has no control over interest rates. 

That said, it won't be anywhere near as bad as the last one. 

You could also disagree with him without making accusations.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, balthazar said:

If one wants, one can find 'signs' of a viewpoint everywhere.
At some point people convince themselves with little to no tangible evidence.

I disagree with @dfelt that the falling price of oil is a sign of recession. If anything, low price oil will help to prevent one.

However, it will cause job losses in the energy sector, particularly in Texas and other mid-west oil-producing states. If it stays that way for too long, those job loses can start to ripple through the economy.

No, the issue to watch is interest rates, housing sales, and some of the big names on the stock market. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

So... my wife's now-gone '09 Malibu 2.4L was rated at 22/33 MPG and it's onboard rolling MPG window showed her to be always getting about 24.
Her current '16 Malibu 2.0T is rated the same at 22/33. Now, when she got it, the onboard average MPG readout was like 46 (did it coast to NJ from the Rocky Mts??). She's had it for what- 2 months? and the average MPG readout has settled at 33.

Going to have to compute it manually for a few tanks, because nothing has changed commute-wise and that doesn't sound remotely possible.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, balthazar said:

So... my wife's now-gone '09 Malibu 2.4L was rated at 22/33 MPG and it's onboard rolling MPG window showed her to be always getting about 24.
Her current '16 Malibu 2.0T is rated the same at 22/33. Now, when she got it, the onboard average MPG readout was like 46 (did it coast to NJ from the Rocky Mts??). She's had it for what- 2 months? and the average MPG readout has settled at 33.

Going to have to compute it manually for a few tanks, because nothing has changed commute-wise and that doesn't sound remotely possible.

She pretty gentle on it? If so and she is staying out of the boost, she has effectively gone from a 2.4 liter to a 2.0 liter.  She also went from a 4-speed auto to a 6-speed auto. 

It will probably end up under 33 after a while, but should still do better than the '09.  You could also just reset the average reading. 

• Like 1