Random Thoughts Thread

I didn't realize Netscape Navigator lasted all the way until 2007.

By the same token, I can't believe the Lincoln Navigator... aw, forget it.

You know I'm a FoMoCo guy but that right there is funny!

One time I had a co-worker who used those urinal pucks as air fresheners.

True

Hahahahaha OMG that's great!

I agree that they are overpaid.. I was just curious if one shuns the NFL and other professional sports does the same person not watch TV or movies(for criticizing the pay)?

At least at the sports level of things the human body is physically getting beat up day in and day out(like Olds said). The percentage of players once retired that are in constant pain (not just football) is incredible. Knees, backs, shoulders..any joint.. I'm not saying they deserve $50,000,000 contracts.. but I can see where they would get paid a very good amount to put their body through that, their life is in the spot light whether they want it or not, same with their family, constant traveling(never seeing said family), etc. And most professional players have no real sense of job security. Most players never make it to a second contract. At the very least at least professional athletes are not physically lazy. Everybody has their niche and some is physical movement and others is studying microbiology and others is brain surgery...

I'm also on the side that all politicians should take a 50% pay cut and see who really wants to make this country a better place rather than just reap the benefits... But that's for another day.

I have to agree with what you have stated.

In regards to TV / Movies, I like Home Theater, but I do not have TV, so no I do not watch TV shows or much of anything. Pretty much enjoy working out with the wife, doing activities with my 28 year old son or 32 year old daughter. Travel and of course work in the computer industry.

In regards to the Politicians, I think ALL City, County, State and Fed workers should be rolled over into Social Security and Medicaid and be part of the same system that the working folks of this country are in. Term limits for all politicians like the president, Senate and house only get two 4 year terms and back to the private sector.

In regards to what Balthazar has posted about lighted hood emblems, I think this is an outstanding idea especially with LEDs now being able to be well built and controlled on light output. I think auto companies could do some very cool things to promote their logo.

I HATE auto dealers that have to put their own stickers on a car they just sold. That is a deal killer for me. They are not paying me to advertise their dealership.

I didn't realize Netscape Navigator lasted all the way until 2007.

By the same token, I can't believe the Lincoln Navigator... aw, forget it.

You know I'm a FoMoCo guy but that right there is funny!

One time I had a co-worker who used those urinal pucks as air fresheners.

True

Hahahahaha OMG that's great!

You want a great use for Urinal pucks? You can get them pressed with just about any emblem in them. At the Husky Football games, people will bring in urinal pucks with the Oregon Ducks or Beavers image pressed into them and put them in the bathrooms. So then you can pee on a Duck or Beaver. Yup, College Football rocks! :P

Course I could see having them made with peoples images on them and people having them there to pee on. LOL

It's no surprise that bong chooses a simple 'Random Thoughts' thread to also denigrate other forums members, because he does the same at other sites.

It's a darn shame is what that is.

And Mod friend I still chat with from one of those other sites happened to mention bong was banned for what you say and his endless trolling.

Hmmm, so I wonder if anyone will go after you for mentioning the ban of another member on a another site. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

It's no surprise that bong chooses a simple 'Random Thoughts' thread to also denigrate other forums members, because he does the same at other sites.

And Mod friend I still chat with from one of those other sites happened to mention bong was banned for what you say and his endless trolling.

Hmmm, so I wonder if anyone will go after you for mentioning the ban of another member on a another site. 

One could easily say you just did.

• Disagree 2

I mentioned no one. You did though. Thanks for playing. 

And I could have sworn there was warning issued today for the very thing you just did. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Funny story.

Back in the day I used to post in this place where they were having a debate on how much the new Camaro would weigh. This was back before GM made any firm announcements about numbers so all we had to go on was their claim that it would be 200 pounds, minimum.

Anyways, there were a bunch of trolls over there who were bound and determined that there was NO WAY that the Camaro could lose that much weight. Naturally, I enjoyed making fun of them, because trolls are funny. ANYWAYS, there was this one who thought he was frickin' Matlock or something. He kept hounding and hounding and HOUNDING me until finally I just pulled a number outta my tuckus and said "it'll weigh 3650 pounds in SS trim." They all laughed.

Then GM announced savings of 223 pounds on a 3909-pound Zeta, and C/D had an old Zeta that weighed in at 3870.

Now I'm laughing.

Old Matlock still stinks it up pretty bad over in that old place. One night he called me immoral for buying a Ram truck. We all laughed. He was a whackjob.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I mentioned no one. You did though. Thanks for playing. 

Enough of your charades.

You didn't need to mention 'anyone by name'. 

Your intentions were loud and clear. 

• Disagree 1

@LS7--Again, I mentioned no one by name unlike yourself. Those are the facts. Don't like it? Oh well.

Enough of your charades.

Wash, rinse, repeat.   :facepalm:

Oh and what is charades? :thumbsup:

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

@LS7--Again, I mentioned no one by name unlike yourself. Those are the facts. Don't like it? Oh well.

Enough of your charades.

Its a game. Like what youre playing here - wondering if anyone is going to call me out ( and in doing that, YOU called me out ). And then going on a few times ( rinse/repeat ) about how you didn't mention anyone by name.

Enough of your charades.

Its a game. Like what youre playing here - wondering if anyone is going to call me out ( and in doing that, YOU called me out ). And then going on a few times ( rinse/repeat ) about how you didn't mention anyone by name.

Blah, blah, blah. BTW, might want to work on your sarcasm detection. 

Again, the facts. You mentioned someone by name and I didn't. Fact. Deal with it and move on.

Anyone here ever have a toilet spray up when you flushed?

I did but in fairness, it was a bidet.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Yup, good old Matlock... all about the semantics.

Sure glad we don't have folks like that over here :D :D :D

And the downvote confirms.

Either you're that... Uh, guy, or you act just like him.

Either way, you have my condolences.

Me any my immoral truck... ROFL :D :D :D

We don't worry about what the children are trying to do, especially when it's the same two. :thumbsup:

Some people just hate the simple facts and try to counter with silly semantics. On top of that, they prove their silly fanboyishness by ignoring the positive stuff you say about their favorite make (see the SuperDuty thread as a perfect example), but down vote until their fingers bleed when dare say something perceived as negative about that same make.

Edited by surreal1272

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

This random show from the 80's (or was it 90's) popped into my head after reading some of the random-ness in this thread.

Edited by Wings4Life

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

I love Chris Elliott.

I used to watch  David Letterman on NBC in the 1980s and loved it when Elliott was a guest...but I dont remember this show...

I too loved Elliott on Letterman. 

And I really, really got the humor on Get A Life.  Too bad it was short lived.  

Whatever happened to him I wonder.

Well...The Quebec Nordiques SHOULD get a hockey team...because its a shame for a beautiful arena like that to go to waste...

Now that the Habs finished their pre-season game...unto the Blue Jays I go to see what is happening there...

EDIT:

Damn...the game is over...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

Just got a chuckle when I viewed my profile and looked at the latest visitors. Accidental clicks must be running rampant around here or perhaps it's just one person who doesn't realize what they are clicking on. Refreshing to expose a lie with no effort on my part whatsoever.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Snap-on has a very nice 24-some LED work light sold thru Costco (about $35)… but the reality is it's only licensed to use the SO name- it's made in China, not by SO (still; very good- I recommend it.)

51mSPNMpIcL._SX342_.jpg

Reality is that...since it does not come from Motor Trend...it does NOT suck...

As long as it does not come from Motor Trend...because everything from Motor Trend is garbage...