Random Thoughts Thread

1971-mercury-montego-sportshauler-concep

Hey how did you photograph one of the Mad Max auto's that are not trashed yet?

JK, I actually remember a photo like this about an auto that had a 6 wheel early type ATV.

It wasn't so hot out today.

On to the next thousand.

Weird Climate change, Saturday was 84 and still no breeze, had a barbecue with friends on the deck and it was lovely. Repeated it with family on Sunday and we had to eat inside, was only 68, windy and drizzle. Such is Seattle life.

Football Sucks, Owners need to refund the tax payers money they stole for their palaces. They can afford to build their own stadiums and they should not get tax dollars for the stupid palaces.

Football Sucks, Owners need to refund the tax payers money they stole for their palaces. They can afford to build their own stadiums and they should not get tax dollars for the stupid palaces.

Do you actually hate the sport of football or how the league/government use it?

The owners DEFINITELY can afford to build their own stadiums. But part of them asking for money is because they're used for WAY more than just football games which(supposedly - I tried to look it up and I see responces in both directions) bring money back to the city and/or state.

Cowboys won. Rams won. Cardinals won. Good sunday.

Chiefs won. Better Sunday. 

Ahhh you're a Chiefs fan?!?!? One of my best friends is a Chiefs fan actually. We might be road tripping at the end of October to go to a Chiefs/Steelers game in Arrowhead. We went to a Chiefs/Cowboys game a few years back there as well. Awesome..AWESOME environment!

Saw something I never thought I would today. Then about 7-8 more. Fully built(looking and sounding) 70-80's drag cars pulling trailers. They were small trailers but the first one that I saw that caught my ears and then eyes had MASSIVE slicks on the back and it chirped them what sounded like shifting 1-3. Not aggressive. Just wicked stall on a car with stupid power. Oh and the trailers. Lol I caught one pic and you can kindof see two. The closest one pictures in a Fox Body mustang..with a trailer. Lol I also don't know where they were all going. There wasn't a track anywhere in the direction they were heading unless they were all leaving Gateway Motorsports Park and coincidently going the same way(about 20 minutes from the track). I didn't think they had things during the day like that but if they did, that's awesome!

Well, here's the pic I grabbed.

Damnit. I don't know why it rotated when I posted it.

post-13318-0-70593700-1442282942_thumb.j

The owners DEFINITELY can afford to build their own stadiums. But part of them asking for money is because they're used for WAY more than just football games which(supposedly - I tried to look it up and I see responces in both directions) bring money back to the city and/or state.

Love College Football, have come to hate NFL, Over paid babies, Over rated league with owners who think a cast system is society cause they are better than everyone else and NO, the stadiums DO NOT get used for other things that benefit the tax payers, the stadiums get used for Concerts, monster truck shows, etc that the NFL owners get to charge for and take people hard earned money. 

Every study has shown that tax payer supplied stadiums DO NOT return the money back to the cities and people who live in them, then you have the stupid politicians who give up sales tax, maintenance costs to allow even more money into these 1/10th of 1% people. 

The money should be going into our students and the education of society not into the uber rich!.

• Agree 1

Cowboys won. Rams won. Cardinals won. Good sunday.

Chiefs won. Better Sunday. 

Ahhh you're a Chiefs fan?!?!? One of my best friends is a Chiefs fan actually. We might be road tripping at the end of October to go to a Chiefs/Steelers game in Arrowhead. We went to a Chiefs/Cowboys game a few years back there as well. Awesome..AWESOME environment!

Yep. I was born in Kansas City. I've never been to a Chiefs game (or any NFL game for that matter) but I know that there isn't anything like Arrowhead Stadium. Plus good BBQ there too. 

Love College Football, have come to hate NFL, Over paid babies, Over rated league with owners who think a cast system is society cause they are better than everyone else and NO, the stadiums DO NOT get used for other things that benefit the tax payers, the stadiums get used for Concerts, monster truck shows, etc that the NFL owners get to charge for and take people hard earned money. 

Every study has shown that tax payer supplied stadiums DO NOT return the money back to the cities and people who live in them, then you have the stupid politicians who give up sales tax, maintenance costs to allow even more money into these 1/10th of 1% people. 

The money should be going into our students and the education of society not into the uber rich!.

I'm kind of confused how you like college football and not the NFL when you're talking about money and greed. College is even worse when it comes to being greedy.

I won't argue that the money doesn't get returned directly to the taxpayers but it does bring revenue to the city which pay their employees at places like; Hotels, bars, restaurants for all of the sporting events and auto shows and conventions that are held(in domes). All of those peopl with tose jobs shop at grocery stores, own cars, etc. Successful franchises make a huge difference as well. I've talked to the owners of the bar that my friends and I attend and they said every winning season their sales are higher, post season appearances their sales are higher(STL teams in this situation). And those are owners only making 35-40k a year. So it does have a trickle down effect. To what extend is it worth paying X hundred million for a stadium.. I cannot answer.

No, I do not think they should be 100% publicly funded, at all. Do I have a legitimate % to throw out there? No. But the owners have a case to ask for money as does the state/city. Which is why I think they should be split some way or another.

Yep. I was born in Kansas City. I've never been to a Chiefs game (or any NFL game for that matter) but I know that there isn't anything like Arrowhead Stadium. Plus good BBQ there too. 

You lived in KC and never made a trip to Arrowhead?!?!? :yikes:

Fall always brings out the need for comfort food and right now Mac-N-Cheese sure sounds yummy!

post-12-0-63911800-1442416230_thumb.jpg

50 Delish Mac N Cheese dishes

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/recipes/the-50-most-delish-macaroni-and-cheeses/ss-AAec1aU?ocid=UP94DHP#image=1

The news keeps reporting it as a "dislike" button, but it's actually a sympathy button, when "liking" a status would be inappropriate to show support.

The news keeps reporting it as a "dislike" button, but it's actually a sympathy button, when "liking" a status would be inappropriate to show support.

I've noticed for awhile that people will "like" something when it's a sad story or something of the nature and actually "liking" it isn't what you're doing but you're supporting them more or less.

I've noticed for awhile that people will "like" something when it's a sad story or something of the nature and actually "liking" it isn't what you're doing but you're supporting them more or less.

I just hate Facebook completely and see no value to it. Have no account and do not see me ever having an account on that scourge company.

I just hate Facebook completely and see no value to it. Have no account and do not see me ever having an account on that scourge company.

I don't blame you. I've tried to mentally assess the net good and bad of Facebook and other social media, and it's hard to get beyond a stalemate. On a personal level, it's great to keep in touch with family and friends, it's hard to put a value on that. On a psychological level, it breeds unhealthy narcissism (that's an understatement) and the ruthless bullying that comes out from behind the computer screen is seriously disturbing. I tend to come to the conclusion we'd be better off as a society without it.

• Agree 1

I don't blame you. I've tried to mentally assess the net good and bad of Facebook and other social media, and it's hard to get beyond a stalemate. On a personal level, it's great to keep in touch with family and friends, it's hard to put a value on that. On a psychological level, it breeds unhealthy narcissism (that's an understatement) and the ruthless bullying that comes out from behind the computer screen is seriously disturbing. I tend to come to the conclusion we'd be better off as a society without it.

Absolutely. Great assessment.

I'm more towards the middle ground of its use. I get on once a day usually, sometimes every other day. For exactly what you said, keep in touch with friends and family. But all my closest friends I call or text anyway and see regularly. It is more for the people that have moved away and family that isn't local(none of my family lives within 6-18hours of us). But HOW it is used by the LARGE MAJORITY is just junk and advertisements and bullying and all sorts of just trash that would negates the benefit of keeping in touch with people you don't get the opportunity to see(which says a lot when you can't see loved ones).

I have a philosophy...that involves Facebook...indirectly.

And no...I dont have a Facebook account. Never did...never will...never say never...as my kids grow older, and one day move out...and they have a Facebook account or something similar...I may finally give in...

So...I think Facebook is great to keep in touch with family and friends...

But about that friends part...there is a reason why some friends have drifted apart from me...from anybody...its because its the natural evolution of growing up and moving on with your life...from High School...to College and University...to finding a job...from finding another job...to finally getting married and so forth and so forth....your circle of friends and entourage change...it grows and becomes thinner...only to grow again...with DIFFERENT people in different stages of your life...such as life...

And you add to the fact that there are only a handful of friends that  one person, ANY person could REALLY call a friend...then there is NO NEED to Facebook when there are other means of communication available...

Sure...Facebook makes it easier to post pics and stuff...but E-Mail is just as simple...

AND...a  phone call is STILL the easiest and you actually get a PHYSICAL contact...voice...but still...you actually KNOW its the ACTUAL person you are talking to...and then there is SKYPE...

Like I said...its a great tool to communicate with that high school buddy of yours...he lives in Melbourne Australia while you live in NYC...cool...but what about the actual people that SURROUND you...maybe its time for you to form NEW bonds...instead of clinging to OLD ones...like I said...friends come and go...its a natural occurrence...its great that its easy to track long lost friends or to keep up with friends that have gone...but...we must learn to let go also...

I got re-acquainted with a high school buddy about 6-7 years ago...long story as to how we got together again and an even longer story on how we drifted apart...the point is...fate and destiny brought us together again...and TRUE FRIENDSHIPS survive the test of time...you dont need Facebook for that.

Ive got REAL friends that live in Houston and NYC and Norway...and when the come back to Montreal...well...they visit me at my restaurant...THAT would be the OLD WAY to do it...

Am I itching to talk to them on a daily basis?

NO!

Why?

Ive got other things on my mind...like running my restaurant...catering to my family...catering to some NEW friends I made along the way...sure...I could ditch CheersandGears and Motor Trend Forums to talk to them...but...they dont share the same automotive interests...so...hence why Facebooking is not a thing with me...

How do I know that these guys are REAL friends? Because when my daddy died...two of them came to my dad's funeral while living abroad and the other guy sent flowers from Norway...

so...we dont talk on Facebook...and?

Edited by oldshurst442

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

I've been thinking hard lately about selling the F-100 for money towards a motorcycle...

I'm all about the new class of modern cruisers that are equally about sport.

Feast your eyes on the Ducati Diavel

DiavelAccessBeautyW.jpg?itok=BHlc7a1j

I've been thinking hard lately about selling the F-100 for money towards a motorcycle...

This is a little more my style. Naked sport bikes.

Ducati Streetfighter 848

post-13318-0-40505100-1442553358_thumb.j

Edited by ccap41

Ducati Streetfighter 848

THAT IS MY FAVORITE BIKE. IT'S WHAT I WANT TO GET. HOW DID YOU KNOW!?!?!?!?!?

10-Perks-of-Travelling-Solo-3.gif

Although I'd much rather have it in black. 

12027575_10206664251397518_4290590148964

Ducati Streetfighter 848

Hahaha MINE TOO! I probably knew because it's such a gorgeous, badass, yet not as f'n insane as as the inline 4 liter bikes.But by no means is it a slouch.

I'd also prefer it in black but when I was looking at pictures I thought the red showed off its lines much better. Actually, I think I would get it in black... Okay, I don't know!

Ducati Streetfighter 848

Hahaha MINE TOO! I probably knew because it's such a gorgeous, badass, yet not as f'n insane as as the inline 4 liter bikes.But by no means is it a slouch.

I'd also prefer it in black but when I was looking at pictures I thought the red showed off its lines much better. Actually, I think I would get it in black... Okay, I don't know!

It's just an amazing all-around bike if you can get used to the seating position. Alas, Ducati may be killing it off soon due to poor sales.   :(

Just bought some wheels for the F-100. Maybe I can have two trucks, a car, and a motorcycle? Oh and I can get a Miata too and have a different vehicle to drive to work everyday! 

It's just an amazing all-around bike if you can get used to the seating position. Alas, Ducati may be killing it off soon due to poor sales.   :(

Just bought some wheels for the F-100. Maybe I can have two trucks, a car, and a motorcycle? Oh and I can get a Miata too and have a different vehicle to drive to work everyday! 

Working yourself up to Jay Leno levels....I think that is awesome!!!

It's a bad thing, a very bad thing. That is if you don't have Jay Leno money (like me). I think I shall succumb to crippling dept by the seventh vehicle.  

It's a bad thing, a very bad thing. That is if you don't have Jay Leno money (like me). I think I shall succumb to crippling dept by the seventh vehicle.  

That means that you might have to land yourself a late night TV show...

A nice Greek boy like yourself could manage that...

George Strombolopoulos...I could also say Tina Fey...

He did it on Canadian TV...

strombo_post_ad_450x253.jpg

and moved on up to being a host of Hockey Night in Canada

0.jpg

And if that fails...become a GM of a Major League Sports Team...like Alex Anthopoulos of the Toronto Blue Jays...Greek boy from Montreal I might add... 8)

alex.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

Peter Karmanos...might be able to help you... :D

peter-karmanos-carolina-hurricanes.JPEG

There is a level of exhaustion one hits that not even weeks of downtime can really fix.....   *posted from somewhere over Missouri*

My cities since July 1 :

Columbia MD

Boston, MA

Philly, PA

Boulder CO

Calgary AB

Columbus OH

Syracuse NY

Cumberland MD

Charlotte NC

Dallas TX  (flying home from now)

Starting Sunday:

San Antonio TX

Austin TX

Chicago IL

Upstate NY

Boston MA, Providence RI, New Haven CT (in one day)

Miami FL

Edison NJ

Los Angeles CA

Edison NJ

Washington DC

and that gets me to December 1.

Between most cities, I fly home to Pittsburgh for a night or two. 

There is a level of exhaustion one hits that not even weeks of downtime can really fix.....   *posted from somewhere over Missouri*

My cities since July 1 :

Columbia MD

Boston, MA

Philly, PA

Boulder CO

Calgary AB

Columbus OH

Syracuse NY

Cumberland MD

Charlotte NC

Starting Sunday:

San Antonio TX

Austin TX

Chicago IL

Upstate NY

Miami FL

Edison NJ

Los Angeles CA

Edison NJ

Washington DC

Please tell me you are going to take a break in December at this rate..

My cities since July 1 :

Columbia MD

Boston, MA

Philly, PA

Boulder CO

Calgary AB

Columbus OH

Syracuse NY

Cumberland MD

Charlotte NC

Starting Sunday:

San Antonio TX

Austin TX

Chicago IL

Upstate NY

Miami FL

Edison NJ

Los Angeles CA

Edison NJ

Washington DC

Please tell me you are going to take a break in December at this rate..

I just realized I missed a couple in the "since July 1" list, but oh well, you get the point.

Yes, December is typically slow for me, however, I do know I have to fit two additional trips to California and one trip to Boston in there somewhere.