Random Thoughts Thread

13 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Rover, Jeep, and New Bronco in Cactus Grey in Fort Lauderdale on Los Olas. 

No description available.

Also from my Florida trip. 

No description available.

Yes, please.

The Las Olas area is nice.  Somewhere, I have a photo from 2015 or 2016 that I took of a new spec house for sale in Fort Lauderdale, a nice 3/2 stucco concrete block ranch with a standing seam metal roof and a 2 car garage (am/was not in the market for that sort of home), that was EAST of Federal Highway and SOUTH of Broward Blvd. and the flyer indicated a price of $ 449 K for it.  I thought it was a little high.  The joke's on me.

12 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

No photo description available.

A few auto makers used to feature interiors like this, in this funky color, and these were very cool.

5 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

It is a BOF vehicle

BOF vehicles also bring back good memories.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Yes that is true, but after you just spent $100,000 or more for your Luxury SUV, would you want it majorly disassembled and re-assembled?

Not me, give me a complete new one.

Exactly. 

Love this turned form

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, David said:

Yes that is true, but after you just spent $100,000 or more for your Luxury SUV, would you want it majorly disassembled and re-assembled?

Not me, give me a complete new one.

I'd want a refund from GM then go shopping at the Jeep dealer for a Grand Wagoneer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Agreed but it's probably a lot tougher to get them to buy it back. 

I know I wouldn't want to keep that vehicle long-term.

Sounds like a place for a class action lawsuit if they are selling a vehicle with a defective frame.   Of course, GM will probably blame the 3rd party that manufactured said frame.  

• Agree 1

Class-action obviously requires some significant volume to move forward. Has anyone heard anything about this being a repeated problem (I have not).

I wouldn’t worry about the frame replacement; if I really liked the truck and my dealer was known to be competent, it’s a static piece and it’s replacement is straightforward.

I took the body off the frame on my ‘59 in my own garage (and without a lift).

Wife’s Malibu had it’s pistons replaced, I wasn’t worried about that; we’ve kept the car, that was I think 2 years ago; doesn’t burn oil and the MPG is significantly higher. But our local dealer is very highly rated.

• Thanks 1

I agree that this seems like a one-off situation and I wouldn't expect a class action lawsuit, at all. 

It isn't that a frame replacement is THAT big of a deal, it's that it's a new vehicle and I, personally, would just have issues trusting the shop to do a perfect job. If the vehicle was 8ish years old or older, I wouldn't care as much. I just wouldn't want this done on anything new.

You replacing a frame on your own 1959 vehicle in your garage is vastly different than a dealership replacing a frame on a brand new vehicle with hundreds of sensors and miles of wires run throughout the vehicle. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I agree that this seems like a one-off situation and I wouldn't expect a class action lawsuit, at all. 

It isn't that a frame replacement is THAT big of a deal, it's that it's a new vehicle and I, personally, would just have issues trusting the shop to do a perfect job. If the vehicle was 8ish years old or older, I wouldn't care as much. I just wouldn't want this done on anything new.

You replacing a frame on your own 1959 vehicle in your garage is vastly different than a dealership replacing a frame on a brand new vehicle with hundreds of sensors and miles of wires run throughout the vehicle. 

I agree. New Escalade, please.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

No doubt it’s more complex, but the frame itself isn’t electrically connected; the vast bulk stays with the body, it’s basically ABS and the Mag shocks that simply get detached at the factory connections.
But like it’s been stated; if one’s local shop is an unknown; it’s a major gamble.

42 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Speaking of Tesla...and lumberjacks...

Is it "plaaahd" or is it "played"?

In American English, it would be 'plaaahd', rhymes with glad.  Not sure about other regional English variants.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

I always pronounced it "played" for whatever reason and nobody has ever corrected me.  Yes, American English has that one correct.  

My random thought of the day. 

That could be the Canadian pronunciation? I know there are many words that Canadians usually pronounce differently than Americans....ones I've encountered in my work experience include 'process' and 'project' (long o in Canada--prOcess vs prahcess, prOject vs prahject), Java (long a---jAHva in Canada, jaahVUH in the US),  Zed for the letter Z, etc. 

• Agree 1

Neat retro paint job. Not sure if I like it or not, but it is creative. 

May be an image of outdoors

Same guy, then and now. Ohio Jeep Association. 

252295234_10158953151541107_789068549168

May be an image of 1 person, jeep and outdoors

Another Bronco picture...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Industry's first composite plastic automotive grille, '66 Pontiac ~ 

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 9.46.59 PM.png

50 plus years later, the mid sixties Pontiacs still take my breath away. Partial to the GTO, but would love a full size. This GP is amazing. 

Cool vintage pic for you as a thanks for posting this up. 

Lots of Osha violations there, wonder if that dude ever went blind from lack of eye protection. 

• Agree 1

This blue looks especially good. 

May be an image of car and outdoors

Balthy, I like the Jeep, but like the flares on this Bronco far better. 

May be an image of one or more people

Since I am a butt man, rather than a boob man or a leg man...the rear view. 

May be an image of jeep

3 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

May be an image of 3 people, people standing, outdoors and text that says 'BELIEVE TRUST FOLLOW OBEY JESUS EHAD FREE "HUGS'

You DO know that those free hugs actually DO come at a price, right?

Especially when it comes to the Devil, nothing is free. He always tempts you with stuff that is not good for you and asks for your soul in return... 

But lets be honest for a sec, does Jesus actually ask for anything else in return other than to follow his word?

And what are His words anyway? 

Edited by oldshurst442

Its official.

My partnership at the restaurant is slowly winding down and coming to an end.  Ill be taking over as sole owner during the course of this year, but I will probably be selling it myself this year or next. 

My partner had a family situation. A very terrible thing to happen to him as a husband...  

He is devastated about this and has tried to work it out with his wife, but he just cant. Cant trust her.   But then with all that and he cant manage his business life also.  I begged him to stay on because I need him at the store. I cant live without him.  He completes me at the restaurant. I told him to take as much time as he wants away from the restaurant. But for him to come back...   

Yeah...he is my husband at the restaurant. He keeps ME in check. Just as how I keep him in check. We make a perfect couple running it.   So with that bombshell, I am the sole owner of a soon to be sold hot dog joint. 

• Sad 3

14 hours ago, balthazar said:

Hang tough, things usually have a way of working out.

They really do. 

That being said, either of you are ever in Columbus, I will take you to Dirty Franks, our premere hot dog joint. 

https://dirtyfranks.com/

• Agree 3

On 11/4/2021 at 2:32 PM, oldshurst442 said:

You DO know that those free hugs actually DO come at a price, right?

Especially when it comes to the Devil, nothing is free. He always tempts you with stuff that is not good for you and asks for your soul in return... 

But lets be honest for a sec, does Jesus actually ask for anything else in return other than to follow his word?

And what are His words anyway? 

A deity that might or might not exist based on a book written by humans that have shown time and time again that power, manipulation and control is what religion seems to be about no different than a politician or a corrupt business man.

Interesting concept, and yes, a human or other life form presenting themselves as a so called devil will still want something in return even for a free hug.

:P 

13 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

They really do. 

That being said, either of you are ever in Columbus, I will take you to Dirty Franks, our premere hot dog joint. 

https://dirtyfranks.com/

The Razzle Dazzle is much like a Seattle Dog here. I will take a CBJ dog please, love my meat! Plus one Puff the Magic Popper and a Doginator and a Dirty Sancho. Have to think on the sides, so many yummy choices! Rootbeer float to wash it down! :P 

Visited my GMC salesman today (had some questions about my loan). On the showroom floor was a '21 Yukon Denali; sticker price was $83K, market adjustment was 10 grand.

I asked him if there was any buyer pushback on the M.A., and he told me they had 8 of them and this one was the last one left, the others flew out the door. He said not only are the dealerships making good money in a super tight market, but that GM is certainly aware of the scenario and instead of the typical model year price bump of -say- $700, it is going to be thousands.

Now- this scenario won't last forever of course, but the point is 'those ridiculous thieving dealerships' are catering to demanding & paying customers. For now.

He said GM rebates are (obviously) current gone (this may differ by model). Just did a 'build & price' on a '22 2500HD and zero rebate there. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1