Random Thoughts Thread

Zero Emission Transportation Association Celebrates Final Passage of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act

Washington, D.C. – The Zero Emission Transportation Association (ZETA) applauds the U.S. House of Representatives on long-awaited passage of the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), which is widely known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal.   

The IIJA makes historic investments in the electric vehicle (EV) sector by providing $5 billion for zero-emission transit. Additionally, this bill includes $7.5 billion to build a national EV charging network. The IIJA’s EV provisions will spur economic development and generate cost-savings for consumers, along with cutting carbon emissions and improving public health. ZETA previously explained the importance of the IIJA’s funding programs. The bill will now head to President Biden’s desk for signature.

“EVs are among our most powerful tools for reducing emissions while creating new, good-paying American jobs as we rebuild our country’s infrastructure,” said Joe Britton, the Executive Director of ZETA. “EV manufacturing is  injecting billions of new dollars into local economies across the country. The passage of the IIJA presents an unprecedented opportunity to accelerate the deployment of EVs, which will ensure that these benefits are delivered to all Americans—even those who never end up sitting behind the wheel of an EV.”

Press Release: Zero Emission Transportation Association Celebrates Final Passage of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act - ZETA (zeta2030.org)

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, David said:

Zero Emission Transportation Association Celebrates Final Passage of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act

Washington, D.C. – The Zero Emission Transportation Association (ZETA) applauds the U.S. House of Representatives on long-awaited passage of the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), which is widely known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal.   

The IIJA makes historic investments in the electric vehicle (EV) sector by providing $5 billion for zero-emission transit. Additionally, this bill includes $7.5 billion to build a national EV charging network. The IIJA’s EV provisions will spur economic development and generate cost-savings for consumers, along with cutting carbon emissions and improving public health. ZETA previously explained the importance of the IIJA’s funding programs. The bill will now head to President Biden’s desk for signature.

“EVs are among our most powerful tools for reducing emissions while creating new, good-paying American jobs as we rebuild our country’s infrastructure,” said Joe Britton, the Executive Director of ZETA. “EV manufacturing is  injecting billions of new dollars into local economies across the country. The passage of the IIJA presents an unprecedented opportunity to accelerate the deployment of EVs, which will ensure that these benefits are delivered to all Americans—even those who never end up sitting behind the wheel of an EV.”

Press Release: Zero Emission Transportation Association Celebrates Final Passage of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act - ZETA (zeta2030.org)

That is fine, but do they not realize that the tailpipe has moved to the power plant rather than the vehicle?

Also, the House of Representatives should have passed this bill two months ago, rather than wait until now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/5/2021 at 5:36 PM, balthazar said:

Bedazzled ~ 

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 5.34.33 PM.png

Take away all the shytty accesories that the guy plastered on the car and the car actually looks very good.  It has a great stance with the right amount of tire tread and what it seems to adorn very nice mags that compliment the stance which makes it look like a legit muscle car. 

I like it.  

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

On 11/5/2021 at 5:36 PM, balthazar said:

Bedazzled ~ 

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 5.34.33 PM.png

I know you are not a fan of 70's cars, but I find this era of Chevy kinda hot in a way. I actually love this picture. If Chevy impala's had an onlyfans account, this is how they would present themselves. 

May be an image of text that says 'Give a man plane ticket and he'll fly for a day. Push a man out of a plane, and he'll fly for the rest of his life.'

On 11/6/2021 at 9:18 PM, riviera74 said:

That is fine, but do they not realize that the tailpipe has moved to the power plant rather than the vehicle?

Also, the House of Representatives should have passed this bill two months ago, rather than wait until now.

Cars, woodworking, hiking, reading and Music are my escape from the current world. Sometimes escapism is good. 

I find the tech behind electric cars interesting. I don't thinbk theya nre a cure all. Somewhere there is a planet in pristine shape wher4e something like human life has not evolved. Here on earth the universe is aware of itself through humans. I think we need to be good but not perfect stewards of what we have been given. Electric cars seem like a step in the right direction. 

On 11/6/2021 at 4:20 PM, balthazar said:

Sounds like an urban myth; a fairy tale story, a conspiracy theory run amuck.

Tell us how you really feel sir...and happy Monday to ya!

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2021 at 1:26 PM, balthazar said:

Visited my GMC salesman today (had some questions about my loan). On the showroom floor was a '21 Yukon Denali; sticker price was $83K, market adjustment was 10 grand.

I asked him if there was any buyer pushback on the M.A., and he told me they had 8 of them and this one was the last one left, the others flew out the door. He said not only are the dealerships making good money in a super tight market, but that GM is certainly aware of the scenario and instead of the typical model year price bump of -say- $700, it is going to be thousands.

Now- this scenario won't last forever of course, but the point is 'those ridiculous thieving dealerships' are catering to demanding & paying customers. For now.

He said GM rebates are (obviously) current gone (this may differ by model). Just did a 'build & price' on a '22 2500HD and zero rebate there. 

I am being super careful with my Truck as I know my chances of replacing it if totaled or stolen at the moment are not good. 

• Agree 3

“Due to cutbacks…”
last week at one customer’s, there were 6 guys to pour half of a driveway apron; I did a whole one myself with 1 helper about 10 yrs ago.

Also poured a floor patch inside a firehouse that was about 5’ x 20’ by myself… and I had to wheelbarrow all the concrete because the mixer could fit under the door opening.

There’s union vs non-union in a nutshell.

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

“Due to cutbacks…”
last week at one customer’s, there were 6 guys to pour half of a driveway apron; I did a whole one myself with 1 helper about 10 yrs ago.

Also poured a floor patch inside a firehouse that was about 5’ x 20’ by myself… and I had to wheelbarrow all the concrete because the mixer could fit under the door opening.

WE have both highly qualified union and non union contractors that work for our university. And a few non qualified half wit contractors of both the union and non union variety. 

“Due to cutbacks…”

I am getting too old for all of that. Miss the days when I could work like that, I really enjoy working. 

17 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

WE have both highly qualified union and non union contractors that work for our university. And a few non qualified half wit contractors of both the union and non union variety

Mine was not remotely a comment on the individual worker, but that of the machine therein that dictates such scenarios.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Mine was not remotely a comment on the individual worker, but that of the machine therein that dictates such scenarios.

It's like you canb't win, because union contractors have lots of problems....but lots of non union contractors are really shakey, at least here in Ohio. 

The games exployers/contractors play is one huge reason I work for a University and not out in the field, have not worked out in the field for almost 9 years now. 

Mellow take on an old favorite. 

Posted this on my FB time line, just like the picture. Teaching my firned Sean to turn, this is his bowl. 

May be an image of indoor

From Zaleski Forest, where we like to hike. Abandonded Baltimore and Ohio manline is an interesting, alternate trail to the left in this picture. 

May be an image of tree and nature

From my Recent Fort Lauderdale trip. Yours truely. 

May be an image of Christopher Hachet, standing, ocean, beach and sky

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

11 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I know you are not a fan of 70's cars, but I find this era of Chevy kinda hot in a way. I actually love this picture. If Chevy impala's had an onlyfans account, this is how they would present themselves. 

May be an image of text that says 'Give a man plane ticket and he'll fly for a day. Push a man out of a plane, and he'll fly for the rest of his life.'

I love that!  The real funny thing about that is that Heath ledger's Joker would actually say that. Its in character.  Other times, memes like this are funny, but not in character.  Whomever thought of that is not only a funny guy, but genius enough to equate it to Heath Ledger's Joker! 

And about that Chevy.  Just a minor correction.  Its a Caprice, not an Impala.  The grill defines it.

Caprice grill is more fine with the bowtie on top of the grill

1974 Chevrolet Caprice for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-1266924

Love those what I believe to be torq thrust wheels 

Chevrolet Caprice 4th Generation 3rd Facelift

Impala Grill is more eggcrate-ish and the turning lamps are integrated on the front fins with the side marker as opposed to being in the headlight section only and the front fins just having the side marker on the Caprice. 

Not forgetting that the bowtie on the Impala is in the middle of the grill. 

Chevrolet Impala, 1974. | Chevy impala, Impala, Chevy

1974 Chevrolet Impala for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-1114116

My dad had a '74 Impala coupe.  Red with white vinyl top.  Im trying to find a picture of it so I could post it. I know I have it somewhere. Ive been trying to find it since the last time I mentioned my dad owned one. Which would be a year, year and half ago. 

But enjoying the fact that you agree with me that this generation Chevy is a good looking car! 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 3

Every Breath You Take cover. But rap/hip hop celebrating a gunned down rapper's life and friendship. Gunned down because of that East Coast/West Coast rap thing. Or that is what they want us to believe... 

The original still kicks ass and is the better version.  IMO   Not saying that the other versions posted are not good, just that the original is best.   Woot woot, the sound of the Police rocks!    And I really do mean The Police. Sting's Police.  Not Sting the movie character that inspired Sting, the wrestler...but the singer sting that front the group THE Police!   I remember something about his finger tho...

Oh yeah...it begins that he will be wrapped around somebody's finger and then it ends with that somebody will be wrapped around his finger... 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Love those what I believe to be torq thrust wheels 

FYI; there's a lot of similar designs from multiple companies on aftermarket 'mags'.
Your blue convert above is wearing Astro Supremes- their spokes are straight.
Torque Thrusts have curves spokes:

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 8.45.02 PM.png

I really like these for the '59, There's 3 or 4 variants of this on the market. American Racing calls them Salt Flat Specials: 

rim 00.png

• Thanks 2

^^^  True and thanks! 

And another correction.  The Caprice logo on top of the grill, I dont think is a Bowtie. Its got the Caprice Fleur de Lys logo with a small Bow Tie somewhere in there.  The Fleur de Lys being predominant. Now Im going by memory not really looking at a picture for reference. 

I just promoted an employee of mine of 6 years or so to manager. She is 28 years old.  I need her to fill in the big hole my partner left.  

She is in training...   But I know she could do it.  She started working for us when she was 16 as a cashier. Stopped after a couple of years when she graduated high school. Came back when she started university as she knew that we would be very flexible with her schedule.  She graduated recently but Covid had a real impact on her career...

I know she will eventually leave me again, because restaurant management is really not what she studied for. But for now, this arrangement suits us both. 

Its a big move for me too.  I never had a manager.  Its a new thing for me too.   I will have to learn how to cope with having a manager. I will have to learn how to teach somebody in becoming a manager. I will need to learn how to delegate stuff to my manager. I will have to learn what tasks are manager tasks and what are my tasks as a working owner WITH a manager...

(exhales with a sigh of relief and with a whole new set of rules and how life is gonna be from now on...) 

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, balthazar said:

FYI; there's a lot of similar designs from multiple companies on aftermarket 'mags'.

I really like these for the '59, There's 3 or 4 variants of this on the market. American Racing calls them Salt Flat Specials: 

rim 00.png

I like those..kind of a larger sized version of the old Halibrand wheels that race cars used in the 50s-60s and as seen on many hot rods.

A couple favorite vintage five spokes of mine are these:

American Racing 200S (my brother had these on his '68 Camaro SS)

hVN4024-1024x956.png

And the American Racing Torque-Thrust D--these look great on '60s Mustangs and Cougars, IMO.

images-4.jpeg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, balthazar said:

rim 00.png

Love those Salt Flats as well!!!   

Dont forget Cragar SS wheels

Series 08/61 Cragar S/S - The Original Muscle Car Wheel

• Agree 1

Re: the '74 Caprice above--I like how the '75 Bel Air and '75 Impala used the '74 Caprice front end but with a different grille pattern..

f39cf61d4ab4837ca85fd8f50173ef8a.jpg

And the '75 Caprice had a very different front, which I don't like as much as the Impala--I prefer the bumper on the Impala w/ the offset license plate.

1975-chevrolet-caprice-convertible.jpeg

Then in '76, the Bel Air and Impala got the '74 Caprice front but with a different grille..

1976-chevrolet-impala-sedan.jpeg

And lastly, the '76 Caprice got rectangular headlights and a different grille..

76CapriceClassic-vi.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1

I was going to post the AR200S also- great rim design. They were available on the '71 Grand Prix SSJ package thru Hurst.

Cragar SS is a classic, another good-looking wheel, but I burned out on them 25 years ago and they're 'dead' to me now.

Radir & Rocket make a number of similar 5-spokes: 

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 10.13.52 PM.png

• Agree 2

Cragar SS is a classic, another good-looking wheel, but I burned out on them 25 years ago and they're 'dead' to me now.

I logged in one last time just before going to bed when this caught my eye.

I am curious to know why you fell out of love with Cragars.  

Is it because they became too popular? 

I love Cragars on 2nd gen Camaros and Trans Ams.  I prefer Cragars on Trans Ams over any itineration of the snowflake or honeycomb wheel.  And I love the snowflake and honeycomb wheels!!! 

13 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Beautiful weather today, after work went over to Punderson State Park in Geauga County.  Love it over there.  Had a beer from the bar at the park manor and watched the sunset over the lake. 

DB54D564-8CAA-4B6B-AB91-6B213E4A2A83.jpeg

C09A867B-5353-46AB-B90A-E07EFF578CD3.jpeg

7DEAA924-BA79-41C9-B0D1-65534D5AA394.jpeg

D3A066C1-B439-492B-9462-902F852A4B95.jpeg

We will be hiking Thursday somewhere up near Cleveland. Wife hs not decided exactly where yet. 

6 hours ago, balthazar said:

Correct: 'burned out' = too common.

I think a 'pro-touring' early 2nd gen Trans Am looks the best on the repro 17" Honeycombs. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 2.21.23 AM.png

That is amazing. 

Cue the 5 page C and G discussion about Hooker and Blow being ICE or EV. If Electric is good enough for Hitachi,m It's good enough for Hooker and Blow. 

May be a cartoon of text

• Haha 2

Solid old bird. Local FB marketplace. My life is overly complicated right now, the last thing I need is a Dog, a motorcycle, or another vintage car. 

Chances of avoiding one of the three....not good. This would look better with different/stock rims....but solid old T-Bird. 

May be an image of car and outdoors

No photo description available.

May be an image of car and outdoors

May be an image of car and road

May be an image of car and road

Listing...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/638275820634115/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks&tracking={"qid"%3A"-7445773511443341994"%2C"mf_story_key"%3A"565423920607993354"%2C"commerce_rank_obj"%3A"{\"target_id\"%3A565423920607993354%2C\"target_type\"%3A6%2C\"primary_position\"%3A0%2C\"ranking_signature\"%3A5810536284094988288%2C\"commerce_channel\"%3A501%2C\"value\"%3A0%2C\"upsell_type\"%3A21%2C\"grouping_info\"%3Anull}"}

Motor could use a stock air breather assembly and a good detail. 

Or if you prefer red...

For Balthazar, vintage dealership pic from Newark Ohio....in a T-Bird frame of mind. 

May be a black-and-white image of outdoors and text that says 'WALKER WALKER & BATTAT'

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

While I was at my nearby Ford dealership, I saw these. Note the “market adjusted” price of the Shelby GT500. The Bronco was super sharp though (no price on it though) but damn those big a** tires lol!2CA33397-F16B-4C25-9FE8-E36DC206AB78.thumb.jpeg.dcab912439628ee25eb8366bc3c52cdd.jpeg4E9E6377-3BBB-4992-8EB7-500CFBBFD0A9.thumb.jpeg.401169f809b378239ee9696d47750d42.jpeg

D8EA9862-D95E-4B2C-BDFA-8CBC663A85FB.thumb.jpeg.f79b4508d2e91824f1c46c4f653dc24a.jpegD6BCEA40-D45D-4EF2-ABF7-C5E9A6CB3484.thumb.jpeg.b5b22dbccfe5f5484d792a4ac9907bcc.jpeg

Edited by surreal1272
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

While I was at my nearby Ford dealership, I saw these. Note the “market adjusted” price of the Shelby GT500. The Bronco was super sharp though (no price on it though) but damn those big a** tires lol!2CA33397-F16B-4C25-9FE8-E36DC206AB78.thumb.jpeg.dcab912439628ee25eb8366bc3c52cdd.jpeg4E9E6377-3BBB-4992-8EB7-500CFBBFD0A9.thumb.jpeg.401169f809b378239ee9696d47750d42.jpeg

D8EA9862-D95E-4B2C-BDFA-8CBC663A85FB.thumb.jpeg.f79b4508d2e91824f1c46c4f653dc24a.jpegD6BCEA40-D45D-4EF2-ABF7-C5E9A6CB3484.thumb.jpeg.b5b22dbccfe5f5484d792a4ac9907bcc.jpeg

The price is totally BS. I would NOT buy from them as those market adjustment prices are thievery! 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

I saw my first Bronco a could weeks ago in person and they're a lot larger than I expected overall. Those ^ wheels and tires look aftermarket but probably not a whole lot different than the OEM options.

Those market adjustments are absurd and I hope they sit on it until they have to bring it down to MSRP or even discount it for being over a year old. 

• Agree 2

I instantly tune out to all vehicles with an upward market adjustment.

I think about how crazy it is to bring fancy, expensive sheetmetal that depreciates onto the open road and expose it to the elements, nature, and crazed or incompetent drivers.

For people for whom money is no object or are compulsive with their buying behaviors, it's obvious that their mentality and my mentality are not in synch. 

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

My mother had a friend who had a T-bird with an interior pretty much like this and kept it for a really long time.  I remember that the steering wheel tilted "away."

My mother also had a friend who bought the very first Maverick ... a down-line model ... on the cheap.  She was from Brooklyn, wore cat glasses, and was a chain smoker.  Someone out of a sitcom from decades ago.  We knew when we came home from school that she had visited, complained about her, and had to throw open all the windows in the house.

Both FoMoCo when you think about it ...

- - - - -

My original random thought:

Sadly, it's easy to lose the battle with a small tub of hummus or French onion dip that is deeply discounted and that you've purchased.

I only do the hummus/dip or tub of ice cream thing about once every 3 months.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/8/2021 at 8:26 PM, oldshurst442 said:

1974 Chevrolet Caprice for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-1266924

Chevrolet Caprice 4th Generation 3rd Facelift

Chevrolet Impala, 1974. | Chevy impala, Impala, Chevy

1974 Chevrolet Impala for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-1114116

My dad had a '74 Impala coupe. 

I'll agree with you guys.  Prior to '77, Chevy did a nice job with their Impalas and Caprices.  They were heirloom vehicles.  With all their roofline experimentation, they pulled off some nice coupes.

That white '74 coupe was a limited edition type of offering.

I also remember a marketing slogan they once had -  'See the U.S.A., in a Chevrolet' or something like that.

13 hours ago, balthazar said:

Couple of nice Ford products; would make a good driveway duo!

You never thought you would hear me say this again...but I see another Ford in my future!

I like the two door Bronco more than the 4 door. 

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

I remember a suprisingly-clean 'Spirit' Impala coupe in the junkyard circa '90. Wasn't missing anything major, and when I saw the key in it after sliding inside, the motor cranked. 

Sadly, tons of saveable cars left to rot and die. 

9 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

^^^

It turns out Chevrolet had 2 other "Spirit of America" trims.  Nova and and Vega as well.  

1974: The Spirit of America drives red-white-and-blue Chevrolets!

I have seen all 3 in the wild during my wild youth. 

10 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

My mother had a friend who had a T-bird with an interior pretty much like this and kept it for a really long time.  I remember that the steering wheel tilted "away."

My mother also had a friend who bought the very first Maverick ... a down-line model ... on the cheap.  She was from Brooklyn, wore cat glasses, and was a chain smoker.  Someone out of a sitcom from decades ago.  We knew when we came home from school that she had visited, complained about her, and had to throw open all the windows in the house.

Both FoMoCo when you think about it ...

- - - - -

My original random thought:

Sadly, it's easy to lose the battle with a small tub of hummus or French onion dip that is deeply discounted and that you've purchased.

I only do the hummus/dip or tub of ice cream thing about once every 3 months.

I lose the hummus battle on a near daily basis, and there is ice cream available at the University dining hall where I eat lunch. 3 months would be a huge improvement for me. 

Iris mist GTO. I love this car, I love this color. 

1965 GTO--Iris Mist | Pontiac gto, Pontiac cars, Muscle cars

Or, similar car with dog dish caps. 

1965 PONTIAC GTO

I really like this as a 2 door post car as well. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

For some reason, the 60's GTO's looked good with a center post/B pillar (68 Panther would kill me!) and slicks, vintage drag graphics, and a 4 speed. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

On a totally different note, I love Salvadore Dali

May be an illustration

Same. Just a sample of some my Dali love. If you are ever in St. Petersburg, FL then oyu have to visit the Dali museum there. It will absolutely blow your mid to see those master works up close. The Hallucinogenic Toreador is worth the price of admission alone. That piece is 7 by 13 feet alone.

IMG_1099.thumb.jpeg.eccd9155b88c9b429325c151593d02aa.jpeg Ii

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I have seen all 3 in the wild during my wild youth. 

Ive never even seen the Impala one in my life. Didnt know THAT one existed until a couple of years ago. I just found yesterday out about the other two when I posted it.  

I guess in Canada, GM probably never offered those , you know because...Canada.   :( 

OR

Us Canadians we never bought those, because, well, you know...Canada...not America.  :( 

I would have definitely bought the Impala one though!!!   :)  

On 11/9/2021 at 10:08 PM, balthazar said:

I remember a suprisingly-clean 'Spirit' Impala coupe in the junkyard circa '90. Wasn't missing anything major, and when I saw the key in it after sliding inside, the motor cranked. 

I guess you must have been a ways away from the office counter to do that!  I'm hoping it cranked over with the purr of a reliable, high functioning small block GM V8.

If the price was right, it sounds like it had your name written all over it.

16 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I lose the hummus battle on a near daily basis, and there is ice cream available at the University dining hall where I eat lunch. 3 months would be a huge improvement for me. 

Iris mist GTO. I love this car, I love this color. 

1965 GTO--Iris Mist | Pontiac gto, Pontiac cars, Muscle cars

After posting, and not feeling so great, I read that hummus is very good for you ... in reasonable quantities.

As for the GTO above, and based on previous posts on the forum, I learned that Iris Mist was a real PMD (et. al. ?) color, even though it looks very after market.

I think I like the GTO starting with when it had the finned sides on its backlite and the more rounded look of the late '60s and the early '70s, though only specific years within the latter.  And I sort of like the last GTO built by Holden of Australia, though I think the G8 has a more timeless and less jellybean design than the last GTO it ran alongside to.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, trinacriabob said:

I guess you must have been a ways away from the office counter to do that!  I'm hoping it cranked over with the purr of a reliable, high functioning small block GM V8.

If the price was right, it sounds like it had your name written all over it.

When it cranked, I immediately turned the key off. It was almost too nice to have been in there, and it wasn't 'in a parking spot' in the row, but 'in the lane' - maybe it was someone's personal car.

My name wouldn't be on it; 1. Chevrolet, 2. small block, 3. 1970s. ;)

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1