Random Thoughts Thread

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Xristos Anesti   (Christ has Risen) 

Red Eggs For Greek Easter And How To Win

What is a typical meal or what are typical foods, including desserts, that Greek Easter is celebrated with?

• Great Idea! 1

Problem is, @Drew Dowdell aint giving up HIS kidney.  He is willing to give up someone else's kidney...

I personally dont think the AI sketch is all that great.   It looks like it could be a  GEELY 山寨.      Geely Shānzhài.  Translation:  Geely Copycat.  English name:   Geely Copy Leopard.    ie...a Chinese knock off Cadillac...

Geely Copy Leopard.   

image.png

CTS-V

Review: 2016 Cadillac CTS-V

Geely Copy Leopard

image.png

CT6-V Blackwing

2019 Cadillac Ct6 V Indianapolis, Indiana | Hemmings

I am Sure @Drew Dowdell as would I be happy to sell your kidneys for the car as I still think it is sexy both the AI version and the real versions you have posted.

You are right as we know the Chinese will pirate anything to make a buck on minimal effort.

Geely Global

Geely Holding Group: about the company, history, technology, design (geely-motors.com)

It is interesting that they hired a UK White guy for design and copied the over all shape of the cadillac shield.

image.png

23 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

What is a typical meal or what are typical foods, including desserts, that Greek Easter is celebrated with?

Cool, some yummy looking food.

Traditional Greek Easter recipes - My Greek Dish

Greek Easter Dinner Menus | Epicurious

Planning a Greek Easter Meal With Recipe Links (thespruceeats.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Not being a religious person, is those two red things supposed to mean that christ has risen?

1 hour ago, David said:

Not being a religious person, is those two red things supposed to mean that christ has risen?

I looked it up.

Those red "things" are eggs ... Easter eggs.  That's funny.

Their being painted red symbolizes that blood was shed while the egg itself symbolizes rebirth.

Two people, most likely Greek adherents, will exchange a traditional Easter greeting by each cracking an egg with each other.

I'm sure that there's a lot more theological depth involved beyond this basic explanation.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, David said:

So Tesla is just going to magically reduce manufacturing cost by 50% for this mythical $25K EV? Those "details" are sketchy at best so I will believe it when I see and then there would be no way I would buy it. Tesla has quality and build issues in the $50-150K range. Think that gets better just by waiving the "it'll be a quality $25K EV" wand at it Elon? Best of luck with that. 

Just skip the inflation factor between now and 2026 too.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, David said:

Ok, just out of curiosity, in that first photo, I see a white car (a Bolt?) coming down the line followed by something that looks like a small sedan.  What is it? Is that one going to be electric?

I'm guessing the Orion Township MI plant makes cars for North America and don't know if that some of that plant's output is destined overseas markets.  I was wondering about that small sedan that looks sort of Sonic/Cruze sized.

21 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Ok, just out of curiosity, in that first photo, I see a white car (a Bolt?) coming down the line followed by something that looks like a small sedan.  What is it? Is that one going to be electric?

I'm guessing the Orion Township MI plant makes cars for North America and don't know if that some of that plant's output is destined overseas markets.  I was wondering about that small sedan that looks sort of Sonic/Cruze sized.

That is an old press release when the Sonic was also built at that plant. Dead product behind that Bolt.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, David said:

That is an old press release when the Sonic was also built at that plant. Dead product behind that Bolt.

Thanks.

Weird and not weird. 

Weird that they're on the same line. 

Not weird if you consider they are probably rolling off the line to be parked or whatever they do with them once assembly is finished.

It would be nice if the Americans could at least design EVs that have 3 volumes instead of forcing us into boxes.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 1:05 PM, trinacriabob said:

Saturday at midnight 

Mayiritsa soup.  Organs and intenstines of the lamb that will be raosted on a spit on Easter Sunday.  And various other Greek hors d'oeuvres.  Gouvetsaki which is lamb orzo and a type of tomato sauce.   Spanakopita.  Different types of cheeses such as  kefalotyri, graviera and feta.   Closest Italian cheeses to the first two would be pecorino and parmesan.   Greek style potatoes in the oven.   The aforemention painted red (and in modern times different other colours like blue and green and yellow...) eggs.    Tsoureki (Greek sweet bread) and koulourakia (Greek Easter cookies)

Easter Sunday.

Lamb on a spit

And everything else Greeks eat on a spit, BBQ, oven.  Cow, pig, lamb, fish, Greek style fried squid,  grilled octopus....   Spinaches,  spanokopita and tiropita and saganaki and... You name it,  we will cook it and eat it.    Its a feast after all celebrating our Saviour's resurrection with (and this is the MOST important part)  friends and family.  

The red eggs and galaktobouriko dessert and baklava and whatever other classic Greek dessert and food there is.  

Now...not all families cook all that.  Its what is avalaible and affordable and what the guests and family eat.

Not everybody eats grilled octopus so many Greek Easter feasts wont have grilled octopus as a side meal.  But then again, many Greeks LOOOOOOVE grilled octopus and they most definetly will have grilled octopus.

The ONLY food that is 100% a must is the lamb.  Roasted on a spit.   And the red eggs.  Everything else is preference. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 5:32 PM, trinacriabob said:

I looked it up.

Those red "things" are eggs ... Easter eggs.  That's funny.

Their being painted red symbolizes that blood was shed while the egg itself symbolizes rebirth.

Two people, most likely Greek adherents, will exchange a traditional Easter greeting by each cracking an egg with each other.

I'm sure that there's a lot more theological depth involved beyond this basic explanation.

@David

A what @trinacriabob said is pretty much spot on.

The red symbolizes the blood of Christ shed on the cross.

The shell (with the red 'blood') symbolizes death.  The cracking of the egg symbolizes rebirth and resurrection of Christ. The boiled egg inside symbolizes life waiting to break out.  Ressurection... 

Its a game...   Tradition...

Everybody chooses their egg.  Then the game begins.  Egg tapping to break the eggshell by tapping with another person. Pointed top with poitned top. Rounded bottom with rounded bottom.  Each takes a turn.  The first person taps first. Then the scond person taps.   Everybody takes a turn tapping with one another.   If one side is unbroken then that person gets to tap with another and when everybody has tapped at least one turn and if one person has an unbroken egg, then that person is the winner.  Winner of what?   It is said that this person will have good fortune through-out the year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Easter Sunday.

Spinaches,  spanokopita and tiropita and saganaki and... 

The red eggs and galaktobouriko dessert and baklava and whatever other classic Greek dessert and food there is.  

Not everybody eats grilled octopus so many Greek Easter feasts wont have grilled octopus as a side meal.  But then again, many Greeks LOOOOOOVE grilled octopus and they most definetly will have grilled octopus.

The ONLY food that is 100% a must is the lamb.  Roasted on a spit.   And the red eggs.  Everything else is preference. 

About 85% of what is on this list works for me.   I like all of the those desserts.

Squid and octopus? Absolutely not.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

About 85% of what is on this list works for me.   I like all of the those desserts.

Squid and octopus? Absolutely not.

I could handle the squid, octopus as I like calamari. Lamb is a deal breaker for me. gamey and just not a flavor of meat I enjoy. Tried too many times even the way Muslims cook it with heavy spice and lamb flavor is just not something I like. Pretty much having grown up in a family of hunters, I have tried Bear, Moose, Elk, Deer, Mountain Goat and my more wild animals as well as regular lamb and goat and it is a hard pass. I will stay with the 3 basic meats, Beef, Pork and Chicken.

• Great Idea! 1

14 hours ago, David said:

The hybrid Pacifica and Aviator getting a full $7500 is pretty surprising. I didn't know they gave that much for hybrids. Buuuut the 4Xe Jeeps only get $3750. 

52 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The hybrid Pacifica and Aviator getting a full $7500 is pretty surprising. I didn't know they gave that much for hybrids. Buuuut the 4Xe Jeeps only get $3750. 

Yes, I was surprised by the Hybrids, and I was curious about the Jeep GC 4xe, discovered the battery pack is from out of the country and so it gets only half the credit.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, David said:

Yes, I was surprised by the Hybrids, and I was curious about the Jeep GC 4xe, discovered the battery pack is from out of the country and so it gets only half the credit.

Ahhh that's it. That makes sense then. 

While the government manages to make so many mistakes (regardless of party affiliation) I strongly believe this was a GREAT thing they've done here. Forcing to keep manufacturing here in the US and incentivizing it, is great.

I bet we would all almost guarantee none of these battery manufacturing plants would be being built here in the US had this not been a thing. They'd all import their batteries from cheap labor countries. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, David said:

I could handle the squid, octopus as I like calamari. Lamb is a deal breaker for me. gamey and just not a flavor of meat I enjoy. Tried too many times even the way Muslims cook it with heavy spice and lamb flavor is just not something I like. Pretty much having grown up in a family of hunters, I have tried Bear, Moose, Elk, Deer, Mountain Goat and my more wild animals as well as regular lamb and goat and it is a hard pass. I will stay with the 3 basic meats, Beef, Pork and Chicken.

I ate calamari once.  They looked like onion rings.  They tasted pretty good.  About 3 hours later, it felt like a vice grip had been put to my stomach.  Extreme pain.  About 5 other people ate from that same platter and did not get sick.  I wonder what that was all about.

Lamb can be a deal breaker.  It can often be prepared poorly.  The flavor is definitely different.  If it's a place that knows what they're doing, I will eat it.  No problem.  Especially in a gyro or on souvlaki skewers.

- - - - -

My real random thought:

Has anybody flown on Spirit or Frontier?

I never have ... or, not yet.

So you see the low price, but everything else has a separate cost  (1) carry on, (2) checked bag, and (3) seat selection, right?

Are they competent and do they get the job done without too much drama?

Edited by trinacriabob

3 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

I ate calamari once.  They looked like onion rings.  They tasted pretty good.  About 3 hours later, it felt like a vice grip had been put to my stomach.  Extreme pain.  About 5 other people ate from that same platter and did not get sick.  I wonder what that was all about.

Maybe you are allergic?  

My dad was allergic to seafood.  Not fish.  He was able to eat fish.  He was allergic eating crustaceans.   Lobster,  crab and the like.   Squid was questionable.  He wasnt allergic to squid but he got stomach pains, like how you put it. Not all the time but eventually got fed up with the hit or miss of him getting pains or not so he quit eating squid. 

3 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

They looked like onion rings

Yeah...deep fried...ummmmmm....calamari as @David put it. 

Calamari,    the word,   sounds like its an Italian word.    Greeks call squid... calamari.  I wonder if its the Roman  influence on Greece that we call it calamari...   

LOTS of lemon...  LOTS of lemon and its DEEEEEEEE-licious!!! 

Kalamarakia Tiganita (Extra-Tragana) / Καλαμαράκια Τηγανητά (έξτρα-Τραγανά)  (Extra Crunchy Fried Calamari) – The Glutton Life

About the lamb...

Ovelias - Whole Lamb Roasted on the Spit and Cypriot Souvla - Kopiaste..to  Greek Hospitality

Nothing special on the spices and preparation.  The usual Greek thing of OLIVE OIL, salt, pepper, LEMON,  GARLIC,  OREGANO, cumin and rosemary.     With tsatziki and everything is GREAT with the world!!! 

Grilled octopus.   Common guys???!!!   ANY meat on the FIRE is just HEAVENLY!!!   Octopi included!!!   Olive oil and of course...LEMON!!!   

In Greek speek.  Like the song...everything is better with rock...Im mean lemon!   Tuuuurn UP, the RAAY-DIO!!!!   

grilled octopus Archives - Insights Greece

Greek Grilled Octopus – The Glutton Life

Now...Im not giving you guys @David @trinacriabob shyte...but Im giving you guys SHYTE!!!    For the lack of love for lamb AND grilled octopus.  ESPECIALLY when we are talking about grilled meat here!!!   

No Way Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures - Find & Share on GIPHY | Giphy,  Super troopers, Gif

• Haha 1

I always LOVE this time of year.   Even though I may not like the weather sometimes.  Or the dirty  slush from thje melting snow.   

1. We start with the Cabane a Sucre.  My Quebec roots is celebrated with friends and family and co-workers. 

2. Greek Easter.  My Greek heritage and religion is celebrated with friends and family.

3. Baseball has started which celebrates my almost American citizenship and love for Americana.

And to end the love fest

4. NHL playoffs start to celebrate my Canadian heritage.   

And what better way to start THIS year's playoffs by the Habs MISSING the playoffs, the Bruins starting the play-offs by SHATTERING the NHL records of ost wins AND points leaving the HABS recors pf most points in the freakin' dust.  The Maple Leafs getting embarrassed in Game 1 and possibly maybe losing again not winning a freakin play-off series since the Clinton and Chretien Governments... 

Proud Canadian I am, eh?!   

But...had the Habs made the play-offs, I might have rooted for them.  maybe...   prolly NOT!   depending...  

I do want #25....   But Id rather #7...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@oldshurst442 @trinacriabob

I will stick with my 3 main meat groups.

My Cast Iron butter basted Ribeye.

20230121_125141.jpg

Baby Back Ribs

20220704_171840.jpg

Beef Briskett

20220827_061715.jpg

Beef Kalbi Ribs

20220408_170855.jpg

Chicken Tenders

20220408_174448.jpg

Home Made Pizza

20220108_182110.jpg

Home Made Beef Ramen

20220422_112905.jpg

Chicken

20221124_120606.jpg

Yup went past my 3 meat groups as it is dinner time and I am hungry.

• Like 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Im hungry too...   

Thanx for the pics.

PS:

Its GREAT to be GREEK.  

At least when it comes to food...  

Seafood.

Meats.  All KINDS of meats.

But veggies too.

We are very very into legumes.

Dont forget fruits.  

Ahhhhh yes!!!

Its GREAT to be GREEK!!!

PSS:   I reckon you make what it seems to be AWESOME food @David!!!

Thanx for posting all the food you make.  It makes my day when you post!!!!!!!!!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Im hungry too...   

Thanx for the pics.

PS:

Its GREAT to be GREEK.  

At least when it comes to food...  

Seafood.

Meats.  All KINDS of meats.

But veggies too.

We are very very into legumes.

Dont forget fruits.  

Ahhhhh yes!!!

Its GREAT to be GREEK!!!

PSS:   I reckon you make what it seems to be AWESOME food @David!!!

Thanx for posting all the food you make.  It makes my day when you post!!!!!!!!!! 

I do have a total lust for Greek Yogurt, it is Bomb.Com amazing.

Animated GIF

6 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Maybe you are allergic?  

My dad was allergic to seafood.  Not fish.  He was able to eat fish.  He was allergic eating crustaceans.   Lobster,  crab and the like.   Squid was questionable.  He wasnt allergic to squid but he got stomach pains, like how you put it. Not all the time but eventually got fed up with the hit or miss of him getting pains or not so he quit eating squid. 

Yeah...deep fried...ummmmmm....

Kalamarakia Tiganita (Extra-Tragana) / Καλαμαράκια Τηγανητά (έξτρα-Τραγανά)  (Extra Crunchy Fried Calamari) – The Glutton Life

About the lamb...

Ovelias - Whole Lamb Roasted on the Spit and Cypriot Souvla - Kopiaste..to  Greek Hospitality

Nothing special on the spices and preparation.  The usual Greek thing of OLIVE OIL, salt, pepper, LEMON,  GARLIC,  OREGANO, cumin and rosemary.     With tsatziki and everything is GREAT with the world!!! 

No Way Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures - Find & Share on GIPHY | Giphy,  Super troopers, Gif

Maybe it's just like it worked for your dad.  I do fine with scallops, shrimp, and lobster.  Lobster isn't an everyday thing!  As for scallops, I can slam dunk them down the hatch.

I'm wondering if it was the batter.  I've repeatedly gotten sick on certain chain restaurants' fried chicken and chicken usually works out well.

So, with the one on-one off situation, I also will not go near calamari and the fried chicken from certain places to be on the safe side.  Say what you may, but I will not eat squid or octopus, just like I would not eat alligator or rattlesnake!  Kalinixta.

Listening to the Wheel Bearings podcast this morning, one of the hosts was talking about a current Subaru and described the 'boxer' engine layout using the an analogy of the piston motions being like a boxer throwing punches.  

Hmm....I'd always thought the use of 'boxer' to describe a flat/horizontally opposed engine was a reference to it being shaped like a rectangular box.    The human boxer motion analogy makes sense, though.

:mind-blowing:

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Listening to the Wheel Bearings podcast this morning, one of the hosts was talking about a current Subaru and described the 'boxer' engine layout using the an analogy of the piston motions being like a boxer throwing punches.  

Speaking of wheel bearings, I'm having my passenger rear wheel bearing replaced this morning. 

My dumb@ss has never had a wheel bearing go so I didn't know this buuuuut, I've been driving on a bad wheel bearing for probably 12-15,000 miles and over a year. 

I'll explain myself but I should have looked further into it. 

So I went about 10,000 miles on my second tire rotation and I thought I had wore the tires into a bad state because they were humming pretty loud. Like, really loud actually. I figured I'd just rotate them more often to regulate the wear on them. All of this while the tires always looked in really good condition. There was no feathering, cupping, uneven wear, nothing. Right then I should have known to look further but the noise I heard literally just sounded like tire noise. I even made a claim through Nitto because they advertise the tires to be quite, I've had them rotated(even though one interval was pretty long) and they were wearing evenly. I had to take it to a NTB and have them inspected and they said everything was good and they won't warranty them out due to noise. I understood that and didn't throw a fit but was still a little disappointed in the tires being so fckn loud. 

Welllll, last weekend I drove one of my best friends home and he asked what the noise was. I said the tires and explained to him the BS. He said he was pretty sure that sounded like a bad wheel bearing. Right then I was like, holy sh!t, I didn't even consider this anything mechanical. Sooooo Monday I took the MKC to my local Ford dealership and explained to them the noise and what was going on. They took it in yesterday and sure as hell, it was a bad passenger rear wheel bearing. 

I dealt with that for over a year, probably about 15,000 miles worth. First, that's extremely dangerous but, in my defense, nothing ever felt off or weird driving. That's why I never thought it was anything mechanical. Second, I feel bad for throwing Nitto under the bus for my own negligence. Third, if you could understand the noise this created, you'd be like "why wouldn't you have done ANYTHING about this sooner?!?" From the inside it literally sounded like I had mud terrain tires on it. 

Wellll, $700 later and I should have the comfort back in my MKC that I ought to have. 

Wow, that turned into a story/rant... Hahaha

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever replaced a wheel bearing...my old Jeep probably needed them as it got older..it was making various noises from the rear wheels and a rear axle whine when I retired it at 170K and 16 1/2 years back in '17.    

• Like 1

I had the brakes done on the Escalade and at 175K miles the rear bearings were showing wear as I had that start of a bearing howl. So new bearings and boom, so nice and quiet.

18 minutes ago, David said:

I had the brakes done on the Escalade and at 175K miles the rear bearings were showing wear as I had that start of a bearing howl. So new bearings and boom, so nice and quiet.

I'm right at 79,000 miles now buuuut they should have been done about 15,000 miles ago.  ~65,000 miles seems premature for wheel bearings to go out but it is what it is. 

I didn't realize wheel bearing howl was a thing but I certainly do now! 

Do you remember what your wheel bearing job cost you? for just one it's $700. I've looked up the parts and that's only like $150-ish. I know you need special tools otherwise my dad and I would have attempted to tackle it. $700 seems pretty high but I didn't feel like calling around and comparing because the last time I did it, everywhere else was within a few bucks of each other as they all much use the same labor rates and times. Plus, at least this way I know it's Ford parts instead of somewhere charging me about the same and getting a cheaper part. 

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I'm right at 79,000 miles now buuuut they should have been done about 15,000 miles ago.  ~65,000 miles seems premature for wheel bearings to go out but it is what it is. 

I didn't realize wheel bearing howl was a thing but I certainly do now! 

Do you remember what your wheel bearing job cost you? for just one it's $700. I've looked up the parts and that's only like $150-ish. I know you need special tools otherwise my dad and I would have attempted to tackle it. $700 seems pretty high but I didn't feel like calling around and comparing because the last time I did it, everywhere else was within a few bucks of each other as they all much use the same labor rates and times. Plus, at least this way I know it's Ford parts instead of somewhere charging me about the same and getting a cheaper part. 

The Escalade rear wheel bearings job was $1,500. I would not attempt it due to the pressing in of the bearings. 

Your MKC has the ability to drop the small drive line to each hub making it easier to replace whereas the Escalade is like a truck in this regard, they had to pull the differential cover, disconnect the gears and pull the whole center unit and shaft out, pull the bearing unit out and then press in the new ones.

I agree with you that 65 to 75K is premature for bearing failure, but Bear Howl is a true thing and once you have heard it, you will catch future issues on any ICE auto again.

I am very interested to see how the EVs are done in comparison to ICE in regard to the wheels.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, David said:

WOW, BMW is doing a Red Line like Chevrolet and wow is it UGLY.

The BMW XM Label Red. (bmwgroup.com)

P90499829_highRes_the-bmw-xm-label-red.jpgP90499845_highRes_the-bmw-xm-label-red.jpgP90499834_highRes_the-bmw-xm-label-red.jpgP90499808_highRes_the-bmw-xm-label-red.jpg

Maybe the worst part about it is the name, Label Red. Not Red Label. Label Red. 🤣

Actually, I don't think it's toooo awful looking. I much prefer the light gold tone they use around the grille instead. 

XM.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, David said:

The Escalade rear wheel bearings job was $1,500. I would not attempt it due to the pressing in of the bearings. 

Your MKC has the ability to drop the small drive line to each hub making it easier to replace whereas the Escalade is like a truck in this regard, they had to pull the differential cover, disconnect the gears and pull the whole center unit and shaft out, pull the bearing unit out and then press in the new ones.

I agree with you that 65 to 75K is premature for bearing failure, but Bear Howl is a true thing and once you have heard it, you will catch future issues on any ICE auto again.

I am very interested to see how the EVs are done in comparison to ICE in regard to the wheels.

Ouch $1500 makes me feel much better, Hahahaha. 

I didn't realize how much more labor intensive a solid axel wheel bearing job was compared to IRS. So did you do both at the same time just because it would save you money if your other one went out soon thereafter? 

Ya know, in hindsight, I should have had an indicator it was a wheel bearing issue or at least something mechanical, when they did my tire inspection for Nitto. They said the passenger rear had a little more wear on the inside than the rest of the tires. Right then it should have hit me that something is off. 

On a little side note, I got so used to how loud my car had gotten and my wife's G isn't exactly quiet itself, being a box on wheels, we rode with my wife's parents to dinner a couple weeks ago and their GL550 was damn near whisper quiet. I literally looked at my wife and said something along the lines of, "how is this so damn quiet?!?" Hahaha It really isn't quieter than most anything else, I was just so used to how loud our vehicles were. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Ouch $1500 makes me feel much better, Hahahaha. 

I didn't realize how much more labor intensive a solid axel wheel bearing job was compared to IRS. So did you do both at the same time just because it would save you money if your other one went out soon thereafter? 

Ya know, in hindsight, I should have had an indicator it was a wheel bearing issue or at least something mechanical, when they did my tire inspection for Nitto. They said the passenger rear had a little more wear on the inside than the rest of the tires. Right then it should have hit me that something is off. 

On a little side note, I got so used to how loud my car had gotten and my wife's G isn't exactly quiet itself, being a box on wheels, we rode with my wife's parents to dinner a couple weeks ago and their GL550 was damn near whisper quiet. I literally looked at my wife and said something along the lines of, "how is this so damn quiet?!?" Hahaha It really isn't quieter than most anything else, I was just so used to how loud our vehicles were. 

Yes, why pay twice for gaskets, clips, oil, etc. at 175K it just made sense to replace both new.

Been reading lots of various stories about the dropping of AA/AC from the EV world as all the OEMs move to the Snapdragon Android Auto system with their own eco system.

GM doubles down on Android Auto and CarPlay removal (9to5google.com)

Google wins no matter what since the Snapdragon auto eco system runs android and I have seen plenty of folks complain that VW is already dropping the ball as they have not sent out any OTA updates yet and the ID cars have version 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, etc. depending on which number of EV you bought and as stated in the press release for ID.7, it will come with the all new improved version 4.0. Yet none of the other autos versions have had OS updates pushed out yet. Why?

In reading so many comments, one thing that has yet to be mentioned is the less or non tech folks that finally get comfy using their cell phone and their partner/spouse have them set up to just plug it into the auto and go. Now they will be forced to have to mess with an independent system again. This also ignores one thing that is key to the end user. Many Andoird and Apple folks use their map system to first drive to a specific area and then change it into walk mode on their cell phone to continue to get where they want to go. You cannot just grab your EV and carry it with you. 

How will they sync up the auto system with your cell phone?

20 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Say what you may, but I will not eat squid or octopus, just like I would not eat alligator or rattlesnake! 

I woudnt eat alligator or rattlesnake either.   But are ye equating Greeks to rednex?   Dems are fightin' words, ya hear???!!! Son.   

I reckon that ...a pair of alligator or rattlesnake cowboy boots on my feets would be gnarly I would think tho. 

Black Jack Men's Cowboy Boots 12" Exotic 1-Piece Caiman 7720 – Wei's Western  Wear            Shop Boots - Snakeskin Boots - Rattlesnake Boots - Tim's Boots

Who needs cow when lizards exist, right?

I mean...a Greek fits in with the rednex quite well.   We were the originals to say Come and get 'em.  

And...our original main God was the original dude sleeping around  with his sister and daughter catch my drift???!!!  Boy.  

Point very well taken then!   Sorry I even brought it up.

No Teeth Commercial Smile GIF | GIFDB.com

• Haha 2

Tucker Carlson GIFs | Tenor

So, Tucker...

being totally honest now, would you ever lie?

Would I Lie Lie GIF - Would I Lie Lie Liar - Discover & Share GIFs

I bet 787.5 million dollars that you would lie. 

Actually...Im willing to bet 2.6 BILLION that you definetely lie! 

Unto the NEXT lawsuit, Tucker.  This time tho, I think it will go all. the. way.  You might have to sit yo ass on the chair to do some really really hard 'splainin'.   

And Ill be lovin' every minute of it!

Cant phoquin' wait.  Mother Tucker Phoquer! 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Tesla fan: "Tesla will sell 10 million cars by 2026, outselling everyone"

Also Tesla:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/tesla-stock-plummeting-why-one-193727177.html

Agree that I do not think Tesla is going to go up as much as others think it will in the All things God Musk can do, everything will rise. Much like SpaceX Rocket Explosion this week. Tesla is not looking good either.

image.png

Based on the public records here is how Tesla looks by the quarters. Maxed in Q1 2022 and dropping since then. I also think his lie about not selling more stock but then November 2022 came around and everything he promised he would not do he did.

Tesla sinks on Elon Musk stock sales, Twitter distraction (cnbc.com)

• Educational 1

@surreal1272 @Robert Hall @Drew Dowdell @smk4565 @oldshurst442 @trinacriabob @regfootball @ccap41 

This is a really good read on the Snapdragon Auto system powered by Google Android on how it works and interacts with phones.

Android Automotive OS review: Under the hood with Google’s car OS | Ars Technica

While a little old, it is a great starting point to read and learn about how Google will keep it updated in comparison to the auto companies.

As the story says, Ford has quit Microsoft's Auto OS and went with QNX for the last few years but like everyone is moving this year to Snapdragon/Android.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, David said:

@surreal1272 @Robert Hall @Drew Dowdell @smk4565 @oldshurst442 @trinacriabob @regfootball @ccap41 

This is a really good read on the Snapdragon Auto system powered by Google Android on how it works and interacts with phones.

Android Automotive OS review: Under the hood with Google’s car OS | Ars Technica

While a little old, it is a great starting point to read and learn about how Google will keep it updated in comparison to the auto companies.

As the story says, Ford has quit Microsoft's Auto OS and went with QNX for the last few years but like everyone is moving this year to Snapdragon/Android.

Just more UGH. While I get the purpose of this type of system, its obvious omissions are a big "NO" for me but even the Android side is half baked and is limited by the automaker Google partners with. The Polestar example proves this. The entertainment limitations (missing features that companies like Tesla have) and all the "multi-use" Android OS features are hogtied by the parent companies love for all things safety. The missing features are deliberate (although some options may change on that front). Other companies will have plus and minuses in this regard as well. In the end, I just don't get it, long term, other than the pure greed factors I have brought up before. On the one hand (CarPlay Omission and entertainment options) but get it on another (simplified development for automakers). I will be keeping up with this over the next few years, when I may finally pull the trigger on an EV. Right now, I am generally not impressed with the interface options. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Just more UGH. While I get the purpose of this type of system, its obvious omissions are a big "NO" for me but even the Android side is half baked and is limited by the automaker Google partners with. The Polestar example proves this. The entertainment limitations (missing features that companies like Tesla have) and all the "multi-use" Android OS features are hogtied by the parent companies love for all things safety. The missing features are deliberate (although some options may change on that front). Other companies will have plus and minuses in this regard as well. In the end, I just don't get it, long term, other than the pure greed factors I have brought up before. On the one hand (CarPlay Omission and entertainment options) but get it on another (simplified development for automakers). I will be keeping up with this over the next few years, when I may finally pull the trigger on an EV. Right now, I am generally not impressed with the interface options. 

It will be interesting to see how all the Auto OEMs implement their Snapdragon system. If like Polestar they include the hooks to fully support Apple Carplay. I can see plenty of Apple people going with the Chinese made Polestar to have their Apple interface in the car.