Random Thoughts Thread

Why is it that every time I click on one of those homepage articles about an exotic and/or highly venomous snake being in someone's house, it's in Australia?

Between their driving on the wrong side of the road (wouldn't be renting a car), huge distances between any of their major cities, the most venomous snakes, Sydney funnel-web spiders, salt water crocs, great white sharks galore, and a 14 hour flight (and that's from the West Coast), it's highly doubtful I would ever visit.

5 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Why is it that every time I click on one of those homepage articles about an exotic and/or highly venomous snake being in someone's house, it's in Australia?

Between their driving on the wrong side of the road (wouldn't be renting a car), huge distances between any of their major cities, the most venomous snakes, Sydney funnel-web spiders, salt water crocs, great white sharks galore, and a 14 hour flight (and that's from the West Coast), it's highly doubtful I would ever visit.

Australia seems to have the highest level of dangerous or deadly creatures. I had wanted to visit, but after having a coworker from there in Seattle and he said he had no desire to go back, I highly doubt I would ever visit.

Then consider the toilets spin backwards due to being on the southern side of the equator.

1 hour ago, David said:

Australia seems to have the highest level of dangerous or deadly creatures.

Australia is essentially one giant desert.  Reptiles mostly dominate a continent where mammals dominate elsewhere.  You could move a Komodo Dragon from Indonesia to Australia and it would thrive.  If you hate snakes, DO NOT go to Australia.

• Haha 1

I'd rather visit New Zealand as far as that part of the world...though the cities of Australia might be interesting to visit and Tasmania.   Having lived in Arizona, I have no interest in traveling to see a desert--can't stand the dry dusty void aesthetic.. 

• Agree 1

Sometimes I like throwing in subtle little reminders to the anti-EV crowd. Over a century of ICE cars and related infrastructure and yet fuel stations still have THIS problem. 

https://www.wbir.com/article/money/drivers-left-without-vehicles-sams-club-gas-station-issue/527-f9fc57f8-ed46-4e26-a645-9dea8b7f8122?fbclid=IwAR3Dg6jBzBxkGaJHe0Ys-73IQBDps2Qi0C66zuYHzrB8ydh_o0uPalAus1A

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Sometimes I like throwing in subtle little reminders to the anti-EV crowd. Over a century of ICE cars and related infrastructure and yet fuel stations still have THIS problem. 

https://www.wbir.com/article/money/drivers-left-without-vehicles-sams-club-gas-station-issue/527-f9fc57f8-ed46-4e26-a645-9dea8b7f8122?fbclid=IwAR3Dg6jBzBxkGaJHe0Ys-73IQBDps2Qi0C66zuYHzrB8ydh_o0uPalAus1A

WOW, every 6 to 8 months a gas station screws up and mixes the wrong fuels is just crazy. 

This just continues to re-enforce my feeling of moving to EVs where we do not have to deal with this on top of less maintenance. 

My SS 2008 Trailblazer has 200K miles and as such had to have a variety of issues repaired in cluding the 4 corvette cats and sadly GM does not make them, so went with 3rd party cats that were considered equals and I then had to replace the O2 sensors all 8 of them as they were not able to handle the free flowing cats that went in. Then at 200K miles, part of fixing the sensors going off was having to replace the fuel injectors. I had them cleaned at 100K miles, but the tips due to the heat were shot, so new injectors. 

I love my SS, but it is time for so many things to wear out and of course I have brakes coming up again.

Escalade also just went through stuff as it approaches 200K. Had my rear bearings replaced when I did the brakes just before winter as they found one that was starting to fail, so replaced them both with new OEM bearings. Just had to have the heat shields welded back in place as they rusted loose.

So while I am all ICE now, no auto payment, the repairs are getting expensive, but waiting for the EV trucks and full size SUVs to hit the market so I can buy. 

No more ICE for me. 800V modern EV for me.

• Oh Yeah! 1

🤔 Seems Consumer Reports believes the Kia EV6 is the most reliable EV dropping Tesla from the top spot.

Most Reliable Electric Car Isn't a Tesla or Toyota, Says Consumer Reports (motorbiscuit.com)

OUCH, seems more and more problems for Ford and I do not think 2 to 3 years will be allowed by consumers in waiting for Ford to figure out how to build better quality products.

Ford's 10-Speed Transmission at the Center of Another Class-Action Lawsuit (msn.com)

I agree with this persons review that the EV9 SUV will be a hit and help many to convert from ICE to EV.

The Kia EV9 is set to change the game in electric cars | Digital Trends

It sucks to be a Boston Bruins fan right about now...

I mean...it REALLY sucks.

How do you go from a  historical season to losing a 3-1 lead in a 7 game series in a game 7 OT?

Dont answer that as the Bruins have done EXACTLY that at LEAST 2 times in the last 12 years.

EEEEEEEHHHHHHHVREEEEEEEE-body talks about the Maple LEAFS phoquing up 7 game series leads and choking in the play-offs...but where IM PHOQUING standing, the Bruins' play-off record aint far off a Toronto Maple Leaf choke...  

Pitiful and sad to go out like that when Patrice Bergeron might have played his last game.

Anyway...

Thank-you Bruins for a very entertaining and awesome season, a very entertaining play-off series. Especially the last three games even though you guys didnt lost 2 straight games in the phoquing season to lose three staight in the phoquing play-offs...   

All of a sudden, I have a sudden Canadian pride thing going on.  

Do I want Edmonton or Toronto?

Maybe is best to have an all Canadian Stanly Cup final?

Or maybe I stick to what I know best.  To hate on all Canadian teams and wish the ONLY Canadian team win another Stanley Cup SHOULD be the HABS but continue to hate them too.   and continue to be a pathetic Bruins fan and mope at yet another wasted season thanking the hockey gods that it wasnt the Habs to take out the Bruins yet another year and just be happy that the Habs didnt even MAKE the play-offs this year again.  

Maybe option #2 hatin' on all other Canadian teams and wishing their eliminations is a GREAT way to get excited for the next rounds and being happy the Habs are not IN the play-offs is a more satisfying way to continue on!!! 

Ill go with the hate thing as being sulky about yet another Bruins play-off exit is par for the course for being a Bruins fan!!! 

Edited by oldshurst442

"Toyota's are overhyped for their reliability and are junk" (paraphrased)

Also Toyota:

Toyota and Honda made the longevity list, as expected, but there are several pickup trucks. The 10 most likely vehicles to make it to 250,000 miles:

Source:

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/cars-most-likely-250-000-161600494.html

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

I noticed not ONE Toyota AUTOMOBILE...just the trucky Toyotas.     A RAV4...    But...

I see lots of TRANSMISSION problems in ALL Toyotas INCLUDING the Tacoma and RAV4.  Vehicles that were written above to achieve 250 000 miles or more.     A bad transmission does NOT make a car go to 250 000 miles.  Transmissions are expensive to repair and/or replace prompting many to ditch old vehicle on the side.   UNLESS the Toyota sheeple put the money in and LIE to everyone that their Toyota is flawless...     And seeing that MOST Toyota sheeple hate American cars, Id say Toyota sheeple lie an awful lot!!!     I also see oil problems are STILL prevalent with Toyota cars and trucks...  If oil cossumption is not in check...engine malfunction happens...  

In other words

Also... Toyota

https://getjerry.com/car-repair/common-problems-with-toyota#what-are-the-most-common-toyota-problems

Model
Starting price
J.D. Power reliability rating
Most common problems
Years to avoid
Camry
$26,420
82/100
Transmission problems, poor fuel and oil consumption, faulty A/C and heater
2007, 2008, 2009
RAV4
$27,740
N/A
Transmission issues, faulty engine cooling system, poor engine oil consumption, steering system malfunctions, low-quality paint
2009, 2013
Prius
$25,650
76/100
Fuel gauge malfunction, engine issues, poor oil efficiency, windshield prone to cracks
2005 to 2012, 2016
Tacoma
$28,365
82/100
Transmission problems, faulty suspension system, broken air flow meter, bad engine starter
2006 to 2021, 2016, 2017
Corolla
$21,200
82/100
Poor oil efficiency, transmission system malfunctions, broken airbag system, faulty mass airflow sensor, steering drift
2000 to 2003, 2009, 2014

Yeah...Toyota is as shytty as any other OEM!!! 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

"Toyota's are overhyped for their reliability and are junk" (paraphrased)

Also Toyota:

Toyota and Honda made the longevity list, as expected, but there are several pickup trucks. The 10 most likely vehicles to make it to 250,000 miles:

Source:

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/cars-most-likely-250-000-161600494.html

Wow.  All BOF trucks except the Pilot (unibody).  I wonder why that is. 🤔

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

I noticed not ONE Toyota AUTOMOBILE...just the trucky Toyotas.     A RAV4...    But...

I see lots of TRANSMISSION problems in ALL Toyotas INCLUDING the Tacoma and RAV4.  Vehicles that were written above to achieve 250 000 miles or more.     A bad transmission does NOT make a car go to 250 000 miles.  Transmissions are expensive to repair and/or replace prompting many to ditch old vehicle on the side.   UNLESS the Toyota sheeple put the money in and LIE to everyone that their Toyota is flawless...     And seeing that MOST Toyota sheeple hate American cars, Id say Toyota sheeple lie an awful lot!!!     I also see oil problems are STILL prevalent with Toyota cars and trucks...  If oil cossumption is not in check...engine malfunction happens...  

In other words

Also... Toyota

https://getjerry.com/car-repair/common-problems-with-toyota#what-are-the-most-common-toyota-problems

Model
Starting price
Most common problems
Years to avoid
Camry
$26,420
82/100
Transmission problems, poor fuel and oil consumption, faulty A/C and heater
2007, 2008, 2009
RAV4
$27,740
N/A
Transmission issues, faulty engine cooling system, poor engine oil consumption, steering system malfunctions, low-quality paint
2009, 2013
Prius
$25,650
76/100
Fuel gauge malfunction, engine issues, poor oil efficiency, windshield prone to cracks
2005 to 2012, 2016
Tacoma
$28,365
82/100
Transmission problems, faulty suspension system, broken air flow meter, bad engine starter
2006 to 2021, 2016, 2017
Corolla
$21,200
82/100
Poor oil efficiency, transmission system malfunctions, broken airbag system, faulty mass airflow sensor, steering drift
2000 to 2003, 2009, 2014

Yeah...Toyota is as shytty as any other OEM!!! 

Tell me you didn't actually read the supplied article without actually saying you didn't read the supply article.

And I quote:

"The Toyota Land Cruiser and Sequoia are both mainstays on longevity and reliability lists, so it’s no surprise to see them near the top. Though they didn’t make the top overall list, the Toyota Sienna and Toyota Avalon topped their respective segments."

And...

"The iSeeCars study found that SUVs and trucks occupy 75 percent of the top 20 vehicles with the potential to last the longest, and Toyota alone accounts for half of the top 20. Interestingly, the Prius and Highlander Hybrid made the list, suggesting that automakers are getting better at making batteries last a long time."

And last (but not least), two more sedans for the complainers...

image.thumb.png.3f15b66f5531ea99b4deb8ebb430c082.png

image.thumb.png.4142f5ca34528c9c0b4ead23a1fdd846.png

I'm not bothering with the rest of it because ANY car can have some reported problems but as it has been pointed out multiple times (and willfully ignored by some folks here), it is the frequency of said problems and duration that matters more and the fact is that EVERY reliability study out there routinely puts Toyota at or near the top. This is not an opinion. This is a fact supported by countless articles that have been provided in the past. If you want to ignore that and keep on whining about it, that is on you but stop expecting others to buy into the BS. It's really that simple and I am sorry it is so hard hard for you to get past but that is all I am gong to say about it.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Disagree 1

@surreal1272

LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL 

I touched a nerve?   

Photo: Instagram

Toyota is a lot like Tucker Carlson.   

A big LIE on the American landscape yet fooled sooooo many Americans that they revert to blind faith and support even though the lie has been exposed. 

Phoque Off Surreal with Toyota!!!  

PHOQUE OFF!!! 

• Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

EVERY reliability study out there routinely puts Toyota at or near the top. This is not an opinion. This is a fact

Lol

Just as many articles saying Toyota is reliable, there are as many others detailing Toyota problems. Minor and major catastrophic problems. 

This is also fact. 

To keep pushing an agenda that Toyota is somehow more reliable IS false when Toyotas across the board have catastrophic failures that are common across the board with their transmissions and oil consumptions NOT INCLUDING their oil sludge problems of 20 years ago.  This is RECENT.  NOT INCLUDING failed pick up truck frames of 20 years ago.

Your constant need to defend Toyota is on the same bullshyte level that SMK deploys to defend Mercedes.

No matter how many articles you choose that says Toyotas are most reliable, there are articles that CLEARLY STATE  what devasting problems Toyotas have that hinder with said longevity.  

DEAL WITH IT when I say Toyota is JUST AS SHYTTY AS THE NEXT OEM!!!

20 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Some folks have a difference of opinion and that is okay. Other folks have a difference of facts and I never will agree with that. 

(And that only took two little sentences lol)

Id agree with that too.

But when FACTS are presented with conctrete EVIDENCE that Toyotas HAVE issues.  Issues like TRANSMISSIONS failing...and we choose to ignore and use OPINION based articles saying that 

6 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

The 10 most likely vehicles to make it to 250,000 miles:

1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

The iSeeCars study found that SUVs and trucks occupy 75 percent of the top 20 vehicles with the potential to last the longest, and Toyota alone accounts for half of the top 20. Interestingly, the Prius and Highlander Hybrid made the list, suggesting that automakers are getting better at making batteries last a long time."

POTENTIAL...  

MOST LIKELY...

All words and phrases that are open to being questioned...because FACTS are NOT being presented to prove.

But when FACTS are ACTUALLY used and Toyotas are REVEALED to have very bad issues that actually HINDER longevity...we talk about OPINIONS...

yeah...I guess it only takes 2 sentences to form an opinion. 

Model
Starting price
Most common problems
Years to avoid
Camry
$26,420
82/100
Transmission problems, poor fuel and oil consumption, faulty A/C and heater
2007, 2008, 2009
RAV4
$27,740
N/A
2009, 2013
Prius
$25,650
76/100
Fuel gauge malfunction, engine issuespoor oil efficiency, windshield prone to cracks
2005 to 2012, 2016
Tacoma
$28,365
82/100
2006 to 2021, 2016, 2017
Corolla
$21,200
82/100
Poor oil efficiency, transmission system malfunctions, broken airbag system, faulty mass airflow sensor, steering drift
2000 to 2003, 2009, 2014

Interesting, Toyota is one of a few companies that does not break out China sales, but based on this story I would have to say that China was a big reason for Toyota near 15% drop in auto sales for 2022.

I would suspect that Toyota had sales losses much like other japanese companies as Japan has ignored the EV movement at their own peril. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/japans-automakers-have-made-in-china-sales-crisis-2023-05-02/

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, David said:

Interesting, Toyota is one of a few companies that does not break out China sales, but based on this story I would have to say that China was a big reason for Toyota near 15% drop in auto sales for 2022.

I would suspect that Toyota had sales losses much like other japanese companies as Japan has ignored the EV movement at their own peril. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/japans-automakers-have-made-in-china-sales-crisis-2023-05-02/

And this is where they have been failing. Their EV lateness has bit them hard over there but it should be noted that any company NOT from China faces a constant uphill battle there. Japanese companies, in particular, have a very fragile economic standing in China (old history and such).

• Agree 1

Very cool what is being planned for these old Coal plants, better for the Public and for Power Generation.

Power Plants to Parklands turns old coal plants into useful land (thecooldown.com)

I find this interesting as I am a gas stove owner and user and with proper ventilation, I have never seen the issues that some say happen with gas in regard to health / asthma. Induction stoves are pricey and yes while cool top to touch, they also have a requirement in new cook ware to take advantage of the induction cooking style an that cookware is not cheap.

Induction stoves are superior to electric — what's the difference? (thecooldown.com)

This is very interesting read and why Toyota could very well end up failing as a company due to the stupidity of not changing due to the culture of losing face.

Japan's Culture Of Consensus Means It's Slithering Into Hydrogen's 10x Energy Cost Economy - CleanTechnica

On 5/3/2023 at 1:15 PM, oldshurst442 said:

POTENTIAL...  

MOST LIKELY...

Good lord Olds. You are not this ignorant. I have shown countless other articles in the past showing that they get those kind of miles. Again, facts abound if you care to actually look without the obvious blinders. For example, this article is about projections. These are ACTUAL NUMBERS! Say it with me Olds, "ACTUAL NUMBERS".

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2022/04/16/this-is-the-longest-lasting-car-on-the-road-2/

Again, ALL FACT, not anecdotal opinions. 

It his also clear that you seem too think I see Toyotas as perfect, when I have never said such things nor even close to such things. They have issues for sure and they have laid some eggs and had some issues with some models. However, there is a literal MOUNTAIN of data that backs up my long term reliability claims. I don't give a damn what your hangups are on this but that facts don't lie so feel be to be angry, post some long winded rant, misrepresent what I have been saying, etc. Like with SMK, I am done with pointless debates. Take it however you want.

10 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Good lord Olds. You are not this ignorant. I have shown countless other articles in the past showing that they get those kind of miles. Again, facts abound if you care to actually look without the obvious blinders. For example, this article is about projections. These are ACTUAL NUMBERS! Say it with me Olds, "ACTUAL NUMBERS".

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2022/04/16/this-is-the-longest-lasting-car-on-the-road-2/

Again, ALL FACT, not anecdotal opinions. 

http://www.toyotaproblems.com/oil-sludge/

POTENTIAL...  

MOST LIKELY...

word salad.  its a crime worth stating along with the incredible falsehood that Toyotas last longer than other cars on the road when KNOWN catastrophic failures exist in their engineering that affect plen ty of models across the board.  Models that are best sellers.   Models that have failed of which are in the MILLIONS because MILLIONS have been sold.  It also has been known that Toyota has DENIED and blamed the OWNERS of said vehicles...  

Edited by oldshurst442

Why is BMW so late to fixing their airbags from the dead Takata company? Weird.

BMW Issues Dire Warning to Thousands of Customers (msn.com)

I find this a stupid worthless investment. Hydrogen for the expense of producing it in liquid form only give 25% of the energy that you get out of a gallon of Gas and is so little energy in comparison to the efficiency of electricity. EV/BEVs are far superior than Hydrogen.

Michigan Chosen to Host $400 Million Hydrogen Equipment Factory (msn.com)

@Drew Dowdell @surreal1272 @oldshurst442 @Robert Hall @ccap41 @trinacriabob @smk4565 @NINETY EIGHT REGENCY @regfootball

Seems VW has a mess on their hands that could see Audi and Porsche having to delay their newest EVs due to the software stack that is supposed to be a universal single stack for use by VW, Audi and Porsche not being ready and the current version being used is bug plagued. 

Volkswagen Plans To Replace Cariad Management - CleanTechnica

The New CEO is looking to replace the existing management at Cariad which was built in the 2020 by the fired CEO who took the 3 divisions, each building their own software stack and folded it into a single company to build one master stack. As such, things have not gone smoothly and unlike Tesla that had access to Silicon Valley and a ton of smart Software Developers, VW Cariad is struggling to get enough talented engineers to deliver on what needs to happen in the stack that can then be customized by each auto division for their EVs.

This does not just affect these three brands as Skoda, SEAT, Lamborghini, Bently and one other company of which I do not recognize the logo have all committed to using the MEB platform and the Cariad Software stack so this had huge ramifications.

They actually point to GM who standardized the engines for all divisions back decades ago and has chosen to go to a universal stack last decade in their ICE autos and continue with their EVs to have simplicity and quality for all.

16 hours ago, David said:

This does not just affect these three brands as Skoda, SEAT, Lamborghini, Bently and one other company of which I do not recognize the logo have all committed to using the MEB platform and the Cariad Software stack so this had huge ramifications.

The other brand w/ the logo that looks like a strange pair of pliers is Cupra...which was a SEAT performance trim but is now it's own brand sort of...

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1

Seems Tesla is failing more fans. 2019 introduced the Cybertruck that was supposed to be superior to all trucks as it would be an Exoskeleton truck, superior to Body on frame truck.

Instead pilot truck runs are showing that the Cybertruck will be unibody and nothing more than a Honda Ridgeline Competitor.

The stories have many very disappointed. 

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/tesla-cybertruck-went-from-exoskeleton-marvel-to-unibody-honda-ridgeline-competitor-214263.html

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, David said:

Seems Tesla is failing more fans. 2019 introduced the Cybertruck that was supposed to be superior to all trucks as it would be an Exoskeleton truck, superior to Body on frame truck.

Instead pilot truck runs are showing that the Cybertruck will be unibody and nothing more than a Honda Ridgeline Competitor.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/tesla-cybertruck-went-from-exoskeleton-marvel-to-unibody-honda-ridgeline-competitor-214263.html

Typical Tesla...the hype exceeds the reality... just a novelty.

• Agree 1

On 5/7/2023 at 6:29 PM, David said:

No exoskeleton.

Probably no bullet proofness. 

Definetely no stainless steel body panels. 

No MSRP as promised. What Musk so loudly stated that would be the cheapest pick-up truck Amercans could buy.

No 2020 launch.  No 2021 launch.  No 2022 launch.  And as it is now, promised in 2021 for late 2023, no 2023 launch either.

No nothin'

Even more laughable if we talk about the roadster 2.0.

But lets about how we are going to colonize Mars with no oxygen and water on that dead planet.  But we WILL live on it... 

Musk cant produce a Cybertruck and Roadster 2.0 on planet Earth to save his life, but he will magically create air and oxygen out of thin air...   

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

No exoskeleton.

Probably no bullet proofness. 

Definetely no stainless steel body panels. 

No MSRP as promised. What Musk so loudly stated that would be the cheapest pick-up truck Amercans could buy.

No 2020 launch.  No 2021 launch.  No 2022 launch.  And as it is now, promised in 2021 for late 2023, no 2023 launch either.

No nothin'

Even more laughable if we talk about the roadster 2.0.

But lets about how we are going to colonize Mars with no oxygen and water on that dead planet.  But we WILL live on it... 

Musk cant produce a Cybertruck and Roadster 2.0 on planet Earth to save his life, but he will magically create air and oxygen out of thin air...   

But people swear that he is the second or is it third coming of a certain man! 🤣

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

And of course the deluded cultists will bleat that it's going to be the greatest truck ever and outsell Ford and GM trucks..  Tesla fanboyz are horrid..

This has become so true to me. At work we have a #social-cars channel in our Slack and two individuals were active in discussing things all related to EVs and Tesla. I pointed out some factual issues with Tesla, Musk and their product line and they attacked me about my thoughts. I then pointed to the facts as pointed out by Tesla website and by investors as well as actual real world problems on the autos that still happen today.

They swear all the stuff that is broadcast today is made up lies by the media as Tesla fixed all their quality control issues after the first year of production on each model they sell.

I then pointed out the lack of the Roadster 2.0, Semi delay and Cybertruck delay and the unibody rather than the Exoskeleton that is supposed to reduce weight big time compared to the Legacy OEMs. and they again said it was all fake news.

I then pointed out the failure to deliver on true self driving and the removal of everything use for that tech other than cameras and of course they still said it was fake news that Tesla has self-driving now. Even when I pointed them at the federal investigation into Tesla due to the deaths happening and they still even as software developers are blinded by Musk. 

It really is scary to think people can be so taken over by an individual that is so absorbed by himself.

Yet on the Tesla Front the news continues to show how ugly the company is:

Tesla fired ‘angry Black woman’ after ‘maniacal’ White manager sought illegal termination of Latina worker: lawsuit (msn.com)

US senators call Tesla’s safety review a “sham,” demand answers from Musk | Ars Technica

Seven US senators raise concerns about Tesla use of forced arbitration clauses | Reuters.com

• Agree 2

We have a cars slack channel at work, it’s fun.  A lot of people into auto cross in the DFW area, taking about racing their Miatas, Supras, GT-Rs…a couple guys with C8s and Shelby GT500s also.  

• Oh Yeah! 1

8 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

I can imagine you saying that with a certain disgust in your tone with the same facial expressions of this lovely young lady. 

A gif of a woman making a disgusted face | Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

Many of them are .NET people, so I already view them with pity, disgust and contempt anyway…

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

There is a separate Tesla slack channel at work for all things Elon, but I'm not a member...don't have any interest in that.

See now this is where I could see @oldshurst442 @surreal1272 and myself just joining to poke holes in their statements of all things God Musk! 🤣

• Haha 1

OUCH, Seems the EQS and EQE are being recalled due to battery software issues.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/recalls/2023/05/08/mercedes-benz-recall-sedan-battery-tiffin-breeze/70190442007/

Mercedes-Benz 2022-2023 sedan recall

Mercedes-Benz is recalling 3,823 of its 2022-2023 sedans because the high-voltage battery monitoring system software may not alert the driver of a battery malfunction. A high-voltage battery monitoring system that does not alert the driver of a battery malfunction may increase the risk of a crash, injury, or fire.

• 2022 Mercedes-AMG EQS 53
  • 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS 450+
  • 2022 & 2023 Mercedes-Benz EQS 450
  • 2022 & 2023 Mercedes-Benz EQS 580
  • 2023 Mercedes-Benz S 580e
  • 2023 Mercedes-Benz EQE 350

Dealers will update the battery management system software, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed June 27, 2023. Owners may contact Mercedes-Benz USA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.

WOW, this is a major catch for GM:

Tech Industry Innovator Mike Abbott Joins General Motors as Executive Vice President, Software (gm.com)

@Drew Dowdell @Robert Hall @oldshurst442 @surreal1272 @ccap41 @trinacriabob @NINETY EIGHT REGENCY @regfootball @smk4565

Mike Abbott, Former VP of Engineering for Apple Cloud Services division is the new executive VP of Software effective May 22, 2023 reporting directly to GM Chair and CEO Mary Barra. He will lead the new end-to-end software organization focused on all Vehicle and enterprise software technologies and solutions and the delivery of digital services to retail and commercial customers. 

He is also a scholar at Standford's Artificial Intelligence Lab (SAIL) focused on computer vision and products that benefit consumers globally.

This is a game changer when Apple is loosing their long term technical leadership to other companies.

Ouch for Tesla as Panasonic delays 4680 production. Seems it is not all it is cracked up to be.

I hope GM continues with the pouch cells and moves faster to Solid-State cells.

Panasonic delays production of new Tesla battery to improve performance | Reuters

1 hour ago, David said:

GM is bi-polar on Europe.... they want to create a new dealer network again after opening and closing them several times.

Cadillac failed in Europe because it was basically impossible to buy one unless you searched.  Where Benz and VW have huge stores, Cadillac was relegated to the back corner of an Opel dealer.

Truly random.

Those of you who have to use 2FA for some of your accounts and get those 6 digit rolling codes.

I'm weird.  I almost always see patterns or references in the code somehow.  The code might be 454 (olds engine), or 609 (area code where I grew up), or 325 (BMW model)

I also feel bad about wasting one if I need to use it but only have a few seconds left before it rolls over.

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Truly random.

Those of you who have to use 2FA for some of your accounts and get those 6 digit rolling codes.

I'm weird.  I almost always see patterns or references in the code somehow.  The code might be 454 (olds engine), or 609 (area code where I grew up), or 325 (BMW model)

I also feel bad about wasting one if I need to use it but only have a few seconds left before it rolls over.

As the admin for Dell Tech Customer Slack Workspace, those customers that use 2FA I hear from at least once a month for resets as it is the most unreliable security I have ever seen. I do not bother with 2FA due to all the problems I have had in the past.

1 minute ago, David said:

As the admin for Dell Tech Customer Slack Workspace, those customers that use 2FA I hear from at least once a month for resets as it is the most unreliable security I have ever seen. I do not bother with 2FA due to all the problems I have had in the past.

I've got a bunch of codes in my Microsoft Authenticator. It works well for me. I like the extra security.