Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Random Thoughts Thread

12 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I think as I get closer to the end...I realize that another 250 years of life would not be a bad thing...

Destroying a rust bucket F150 for "Science"

Agreed. 

I guess since Camino and Balthazar no longer post here...someone needs to be the old car Guru of the site. 

Badass. 

Yeah.  What happened to Camino and Balthazar anyway?

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, riviera74 said:

Yeah.  What happened to Camino and Balthazar anyway?

I think they moved on to greener pastures. I talk to both of them sometimes on Facebook. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, David said:

Seems Ford has a new Pony coming to the Mach-e stable.

Driving up the QEW (free, not tolled) into Toronto, I drove right past the Oakville, Ontario assembly plant and there was a big sign on the side of a big industrial building about the 'Stang going electric.  If it would have been an easy on-off the highway. I would have gladly taken a photo of it.  It wasn't.

- - - - -

Random thought:

I can't stand it when I go into a restroom and the toilet paper is rolled to be pulled from under rather than from over.

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I think they moved on to greener pastures. I talk to both of them sometimes on Facebook. 

Rural Pennsylvania is definitely green.  However, some parts of the Garden State are anything but.  But I'm sure balthazar lives in a treed enough area from what he has shared with us.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Ya mean blacker pastures of the Carbon type? LOL

3 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Random thought:

I can't stand it when I go into a restroom and the toilet paper is rolled to be pulled from under rather than from over.

Totally agree on this one, I just do not get it how people do not realize the ease of the toilet paper being over than under. It just does not look good on top of the ease of pulling the bloody paper to use.

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2023 at 10:22 AM, A Horse With No Name said:

Hey, most lesbians I know are cool folks, and I actually sort of Like Subarus...

I am okay with this, and only this, Subaru:  the Legacy sedan.  A rented one once took me around the snowy roads around Lake Tahoe very competently one winter, and, thankfully, it wasn't the cliche' wagon.  A Legacy blends in without much fuss and their ownership demographics seem to be better spread, but the Outback/Forester wagons stand out, at least to me.

2023_subaru_legacy_sedan_sport_fq_oem_1_

Angled front view

2023_subaru_legacy_sedan_touring-xt_rq_o

Angled rear view

2023-subaru-legacy-leather-interior.jpg

They did a great ( ! ) job of keeping the infotainment touch screen under the cowl of the dashboard.  I've sat in one at the dealer and I like the cabin environment.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Agree 1

Folks that might like this are @oldshurst442 @NINETY EIGHT REGENCY @trinacriabob @ccap41 @regfootball Sure I am missing some car fans over SUV or truck fans, but Hyundai has released their performance Ioniq 5 N performance edition.

Hyundai Motor’s IONIQ 5 N Debuts at Goodwood Festival of Speed, Setting New Benchmark for High-Performance EVs and Driving Fun

600 HP / 650 with short term boost.

• Oh Yeah! 1

The new GMC Canyon looks great. I may well think of buying one. Ranger is getting much closer to paid off...

16 hours ago, David said:

Folks that might like this are @oldshurst442 @NINETY EIGHT REGENCY @trinacriabob @ccap41 @regfootball Sure I am missing some car fans over SUV or truck fans, but Hyundai has released their performance Ioniq 5 N performance edition.

Hyundai Motor’s IONIQ 5 N Debuts at Goodwood Festival of Speed, Setting New Benchmark for High-Performance EVs and Driving Fun

Oldshurst, CCAP, others seem to have left the chat. 

• Haha 1

15.5 years of LaCrosse today.

Mileage woken up to this morning:  123,472 mi.

I took it up north to Toronto over Canada Day (July 1) to visit a friend and then drove back down to be in the States for the 4th.

KIMG1012-inked.thumb.jpg.3c1bb440038fbfad112f87f9da9a37d4.jpg

The best highway mileage "tank" I got both on the trip up and the trip down was about 32.5 mpg (cruise, ~63 mph, A/C ON), so, it's telling me it's still real tight.  I've regularly exceeded the EPA highway mpg when it has been "babied" on the open road. With the fairly new Michelins, it feels as solid as a bank vault.

This chapter will eventually close, too.  Such is life.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, David said:

I honestly just kind of love where Hyundai/Kia/Genesis are going right now. They've been on quite the hot streak the last few years, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

The new GMC Canyon looks great. I may well think of buying one. Ranger is getting much closer to paid off...

The new Colorado/Canyon look great.

What about the new Ranger with the 2.7 v6? 

• Agree 1

In purging bookmarks, I found this:

https://www.adrenalinmotors.ca/vehicles/776/1982-pontiac-grand-prix-brougham

Way, way up in Canada.

They went Brougham when this car was ordered, but it has no A/C and crank windows.

Someone jumped on it a while back ... sold.

I saw this recently ...

KIMG4699.thumb.JPG.810f62f42e6e367b58934c4bc10a722f.JPG

Look, it creates a shadow image!

KIMG4697.thumb.JPG.c2ba04ffe4a6d36692a8fcf731811cbb.JPG

It's on a late model Ford Fusion.  

- - - - -

It doesn't make a lot of sense.  Being a single mom doesn't mean they are "pole dance" material.  They can be slam dunking Oreos as they watch Oprah.

Is it that they're "easier," or so the person thinks, because they need to find that replacement and, sometimes, it's a matter of urgency?  Is it that someone else is paying for their support?  Or is it that he flunked a DNA test and is on the hook for the support payments?

I'm not sure what it means.  And, also, to put this dumb sticker on a car, what a moron.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

I saw this recently ...

KIMG4699.thumb.JPG.810f62f42e6e367b58934c4bc10a722f.JPG

Look, it creates a shadow image!

KIMG4697.thumb.JPG.c2ba04ffe4a6d36692a8fcf731811cbb.JPG

It's on a late model Ford Fusion.  

- - - - -

It doesn't make a lot of sense.  Being a single mom doesn't mean they are "pole dance" material.  They can be slam dunking Oreos as they watch Oprah.

Is it that they're "easier," or so the person thinks, because they need to find that replacement and, sometimes, it's a matter of urgency?  Is it that someone else is paying for their support?  Or is it that he flunked a DNA test and is on the hook for the support payments?

I'm not sure what it means.  And, also, to put this dumb sticker on a car, what a moron.

True. Crazy sticker….

Figured I’d pop back in…..see things have changed.

Well, some things haven’t…lol

Hope everyone is doing well!

Miss anything crazy? 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Blazer EV is on its way to dealerships and GM has confirmed they are making 65 per hour, plant is working 24/7.

This means 1,560 per day or 569,400 per year from their Mexico plant.

https://insideevs.com/news/676596/gm-reportedly-shipped-first-2024-chevrolet-blazer-ev-suv-us/

Tesla has produced that world wide per quarter out of 4 plants or average of 125,000 per plant.

This puts GM on par with Tesla for EV production using rough numbers.

The story also says they are getting ready to ship the Blazer EV globally too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, daves87rs said:

True. Crazy sticker….

Figured I’d pop back in…..see things have changed.

Well, some things haven’t…lol

Hope everyone is doing well!

Miss anything crazy? 🙂 

Nice to hear from you, Dave.

You'd expect things to change?  Nope.  Most of the quirks of the long-term members are fairly entrenched, which I view as mostly a good thing.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

Nice to hear from you, Dave.

You'd expect things to change?  Nope.  Most of the quirks of the long-term members are fairly entrenched, which I view as mostly a good thing.

Well, you never know. 🙂  I’m just glad folks are still here.

Especially with all the crazy in the world right now…….

• Agree 3

Seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Another Tesla promise falls to the side.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Cybertruck-to-skip-500-mile-variant-at-launch-with-350-mile-quad-motor-AWD-model-releasing-first.734300.0.html

7 hours ago, David said:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Cybertruck-to-skip-500-mile-variant-at-launch-with-350-mile-quad-motor-AWD-model-releasing-first.734300.0.html

Running into money issues? Money is starting to get a bit tight over there…..

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Are they just building those at RA? I assume they would move more of these than trucks anyways….

Welcome back, glad to see you stop in and post.

Yes, per the story.

General Motors' plant in Ramos Arizpe, Mexico

6 hours ago, David said:

Welcome back, glad to see you stop in and post.

Yes, per the story.

General Motors' plant in Ramos Arizpe, Mexico

Thanks. 🙂 Been very busy with life, and raising my son as a widow. Going to try to peek in more often-miss ya guys.

Still wonder if they could build that many- starting with the usual  part shortages……

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/14/2023 at 11:12 AM, ccap41 said:

I honestly just kind of love where Hyundai/Kia/Genesis are going right now. They've been on quite the hot streak the last few years, in my opinion. 

The new Colorado/Canyon look great.

What about the new Ranger with the 2.7 v6? 

I think you need to get the Raptor version of the Ranger to get the 2.7

at 71 K, only issue is factory wiper blades wore out after 3 Ohio Winters, and the ford emblem came off of my key fob. Other than that, bullet proof. And I have used it like a truck.  

Every time I go back to the Ford dealer for an oil change or whatever, they congratulate me on using my truck as a truck. 

12 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Thanks. 🙂 Been very busy with life, and raising my son as a widow. Going to try to peek in more often-miss ya guys.

Still wonder if they could build that many- starting with the usual  part shortages……

I think about you and your son every day. Hope all is well. 

On 7/17/2023 at 6:29 AM, daves87rs said:

Running into money issues? Money is starting to get a bit tight over there…..

I think the future bodes better for legacy car makers. Thinking of a Mach E. 

On 7/16/2023 at 10:43 PM, David said:

Musk is an epic bull$h!ter.  

• Agree 3

On 7/15/2023 at 5:47 PM, David said:

Interesting, Toyota Supera and G86 could be getting the axe based on this story.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/2-popular-toyota-sports-cars-suddenly-struggling-sell/

The end of performance cars is here. In the unlikely event I ever own another, it will be something like a 69 Roadrunner. 

On 7/16/2023 at 12:50 PM, David said:

Blazer EV is on its way to dealerships and GM has confirmed they are making 65 per hour, plant is working 24/7.

This means 1,560 per day or 569,400 per year from their Mexico plant.

https://insideevs.com/news/676596/gm-reportedly-shipped-first-2024-chevrolet-blazer-ev-suv-us/

Tesla has produced that world wide per quarter out of 4 plants or average of 125,000 per plant.

This puts GM on par with Tesla for EV production using rough numbers.

The story also says they are getting ready to ship the Blazer EV globally too.

Blazer EV is more like a real car, and less like a crappy Tesla anyways...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Nope, the Raptor version comes with a 3.0T. The 2.7T is available on XLT and Lariat trims, per Ford's website.

image.png.467f5bac3270513ac898ebedabc47413.png 

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have a friend who has a 2.7 in an F150 and loves it. 

I could watch cage building all day. 

This Torino just has the look...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Bat crap insane. 

Military discipline action to be taken against this solder and reporting that he was laughing. Either truly insane or was about to face a long life at a federal prison. Idiots only do what this person supposedly did.

• Like 1
  • Educational 1

Customer service at call centers has taken a nosedive that doesn't seem correctable anytime soon.

Sadly, this is even in financial services - including brokerage!

If domestically, it's because of the not-so-great caliber of people available and which they hire.  If internationally, you might get someone who doesn't speak English well, is too obsequious and ingratiating in an annoying manner, and is not in synch with you in answering and asking questions as far as good timing goes.  (I think we can do the mix and match real well with who I refer to in this last paragraph.)

It can be exhausting.

• Agree 4

Interested in Chernobyl latley...

Been turning natural edge bowls...

Been hitting the gym

Gym Video...

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Thanks 1