Sign in to follow this  
wildcat

Enclave interior

44 posts in this topic

How close will the interior of the production Buick Enclave be to the concept vehicle? Here's the direction Buick and Cadillac are heading, according to "GM interior leans toward jet-set style." To see the article, click here.

It will probably look just like it since most of the interior is production ready. Take a look at the Saturn Outlook. Same center console as the Enclave. Different upper dash, vents, and materials used but still very similar.

Outlook:

Posted Image

Enclave:

Posted Image

What I'm interested about is the logo modification for Saturn. I wonder if they're getting rid of the red background.

Could someone chop the saturn logo without the red and post it? It's probably what they're going to do.

Edited by Cadillacfan

I guess their feeling that a logo looks more upscale without color explains why they did away with the red, white, and blue Buick tri-shield logo several years back, in favor of the silver or chrome one now used.

Lutz said that the only that will change in the interior is the wood-covered overhead console thing and the center console for the rear seats. Even the leather on the dashboard will stay.

Lutz said that the only that will change in the interior is the wood-covered overhead console thing and the center console for the rear seats. Even the leather on the dashboard will stay.

Peugeot wraps the 307 CC dashboard in leather, so I have no doubt Buick and Cadillac can do it. Can't wait to see production model pictures of the Enclave.

That's VERY good news. The leather on the dashboard is needed to set Buick apart.

God, throwing an interior like this into the Lucerne and one in the LaCrosse (with a refresh) would do wonders for the brand.

I guess their feeling that a logo looks more upscale without color explains why they did away with the red, white, and blue Buick tri-shield logo several years back, in favor of the silver or chrome one now used.

I'm betting they have to keep some color on the SATURN symbol on the hood of the car, otherwise it's hard to notice. Interior wise, I think the red would be an eye-sore

These are easily 2 of the best interiors GM has created in recent years. The only gripe I have is how the passenger door has a grab handle but the drivers door doesn't. Just a little inconsistent to me...

These are easily 2 of the best interiors GM has created in recent years. The only gripe I have is how the passenger door has a grab handle but the drivers door doesn't. Just a little inconsistent to me...

You're right, the passenger's side does have the grab handle, but I guess they leave the driver to grip the armrest.

Probably because the grab handle would have blocked the drivers' controls on the door.

Probably because the grab handle would have blocked the drivers' controls on the door.

If you notice teh driver's side has a grab handly built into teh armrest, whereas the passenger side doesn't. This is, as you say, because the designb the passenger side has would have blocked the controls

If you notice teh driver's side has a grab handly built into teh armrest, whereas the passenger side doesn't. This is, as you say, because the designb the passenger side has would have blocked the controls

Yes, but there are many more controls on the driver's side, so it would be harder to move all of them down on the armrest. I feel the design needs the grab like it is on the passenger side because it was to give an athletic, sporty feel. Since that couldn't be accomplished on the driver's side, they resorted to the grab in the armrest.

As I recall reading somewhere, the Enclave Concept interior was 99% production-ready. So almost everything on the concept would be on the production version.

Driver and passenger side grab handles have different functions. The driver side is only to close the door, while the passenger side also serves as something to hold on to during off-roading or fast cornering etc. The driver of course needs to keep his hands on the wheel.

Driver and passenger side grab handles have different functions. The driver side is only to close the door, while the passenger side also serves as something to hold on to during off-roading or fast cornering etc. The driver of course needs to keep his hands on the wheel.

True... it wouldn't be good if the driver let go of the steering wheel to hold on for a bumpy ride! :lol:

You know what would be great if the Enclave really is Buick's Answer to the Highlander & Pilot. Buick would kick a$$.

I think that's what the Outlook is for. I've seen diehards gush over the Outlook (as compared to the Pilot) on some of the Honda forums. I think the Enclave will go after the lux market (MDX, RX).

As I recall reading somewhere, the Enclave Concept interior was 99% production-ready. So almost everything on the concept would be on the production version.

Though, didn't Lutz say that 99% of the Aura concept would show up on the production vehicle? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this