We've lost one of our own.

Wow!

I wasnt gonna post anything for a couple of days or so..maybe as much as a week or two,  until I saw this post.

First of all, it is quite sad for anybody to leave this earth to go on to greener pastures. So...my condolences to GMPartsGirl's family and friends whoever and wherever they are and may she Rest In Peace.

Secondly, and the reason why I wanted to take a small sabbatical from posting...

I lost my momma yesterday. It was quite sudden, but very preventable.

So...now that I posted this, I might  take a week sabbatical or I might not.

Im at peace with everything...so Ill just leave you folk with that and Ill talk to you guys soon.

Wow!

I wasnt gonna post anything for a couple of days or so..maybe as much as a week or two,  until I saw this post.

First of all, it is quite sad for anybody to leave this earth to go on to greener pastures. So...my condolences to GMPartsGirl's family and friends whoever and wherever they are and may she Rest In Peace.

Secondly, and the reason why I wanted to take a small sabbatical from posting...

I lost my momma yesterday. It was quite sudden, but very preventable.

So...now that I posted this, I might  take a week sabbatical or I might not.

Im at peace with everything...so Ill just leave you folk with that and Ill talk to you guys soon.

Olds my condolenses, I know how much it affects family and friends when a loved one passes. If there is anything any of us can do please let us know. We are always here to listen and support everyone.

My condolenses to GMPartsGirls Family and RIP to her. She was an enjoyable conversationalist and poster. She will be missed.

@ Mr. DFELT, CASA, CCAP, FordCosworth, BLU and DREW.

Thank you all for your support.

Im actually quite good.

Im at peace with her death and Im at peace with myself.

I was very close to her and so was my wife and her 2 grand kids.

Ive cried, and laughed thinking about her. We only have 1 mommy after all.

The Wake is tomorrow and the funeral is Thursday.

The security guard at the hospital, a black guy from the Congo told me one thing when I came to pick up her belongings.

He told me, because he noticed I was fighting off the tears:

"Cry my dear boy. Cry now, for when is time to bury her, STAND TALL AND BE PROUD OF YOUR MOMMA!"

And THAT is what Ill do!

Two songs for her that will be played in my head.

Greek

English

The words to this one...some of them, hit close to home.

A little tribute song to GMPartsGirl as this is her thread, I dont want to hijack her thread to end this post.

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2

Sorry for your loss, Olds. Sorry to hear of the passing of a forum member also.

Kinda eerie, too... part of the reason I haven't posted recently was my own personal brush with mortality. Some great work by emergency room docs made life a lot, well, longer. I hope.

• Agree 2

My condolences Olds, I lost my father a few months ago, and it really is tough to imagine the gravity of the loss of close family until it happens.  I hope your family has the chance to join in mourning, celebration, and support.

I had caught word of gmpartsgirl's passing and it saddened me deeply.  I traded a few messages with her from time to time and she helped me with some great advice that helped me deal with a couple of difficult personal situations.  It was clear to me she was one of those strong people with a soft heart, and deeply held values, and for those in her life she loved, she loved them deeply.  

I remember her love of wheels too, new and old, and that was pretty cool too.  Rest in peace, and prayers for her family that will miss her so much

Edited by regfootball

• 3 weeks later...