Chevrolet News:Spying: The Inside (and Outside) Story of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado

A fresh stack of spy shots of the upcoming 2019 Chevrolet Silverado has arrived and we have gotten our first look at the interior.

The picture reveals that the blocky dash design of the current truck is sticking around. The center stack design is similar to what you'll find in the GMC Acadia. It appears this mule is running a new version of Chevrolet's MyLink system with a new status bar along the bottom.

We also got some new clues on the 2019 Silverado's exterior. It appears Chevrolet is keeping the blocky profile shape. The front end gets new headlights with LEDs and a revised bumper.

We still don't know much about powertrains for the 2019 Silverado except that a 10-speed automatic that was jointly developed with Ford will be showing up.

Source: Motor Authority

View full article

What an absolutely gorgeous truck!  We live in such an age of automotive abundance...like I said before...what an amazing time to be alive and be an enthusiast.

inside looks cool.  Outside looks like maybe Chevy has been sniffing Ford glue; it's almost got some shaping like the F150's.  And not digging the little hofmeister kink on the base of the rear door window.

But hey its all spy photos so who knows what it will really look like.  I do like the current ones, they way they have massaged the look the last couple years.

46 minutes ago, Stew said:

SHould be good.  With the updated 18 F-150 and this and a new ram coming for 19, should be really awesome.  I think there are a couple japanese Fullsize trucks too, but they don't count. 

The Titan was redesigned a couple years ago, but the Tundra dates back over a decade, with an MCE 4 years ago...wonder when an all-new one incoming...

I am not a big fan of the Titan's design and the lack of a regular cab/short bed model is annoying.  The Tundra is so far behind, particularly in powertrain tech it is insane.  Not to mention the last gen F-150 dash.  Now, just because it is old doesn't mean it can't be modern.  The Ram has been constantly updated which has kept it competitive. 

Edited by Stew

Nissan probably wisely chose not to offer a regular cab/short bed combo, it would have sold maybe a few dozen units annually, at most?   No demand anymore for such a body style...I think Ford and GM offer such a combination, but I can't recall the last time I saw one...

• Confused 1

I know you like them, I like them also..I esp. like the older regular cab short beds w/ the old school step side beds.  But in today's market, it seems anything that isn't a 4dr isn't selling well...

(If I ever had an old truck as a hobby vehicle, I'd want an '80s Chevy or GMC short bed step side...always liked the look).

$_1-2.JPG

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 11:24 AM, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Nissan probably wisely chose not to offer a regular cab/short bed combo, it would have sold maybe a few dozen units annually, at most?   No demand anymore for such a body style...I think Ford and GM offer such a combination, but I can't recall the last time I saw one...

They sell good here.  I see tons of new RC short beds, if not I am sure GM, Ford, and Ram would have discontinued it, but they haven't for a reason.