Derek77

Chevrolet Equinox SS

72 posts in this topic

GM has some spare 3.9s laying around I assume.

Nope, it's getting the 3.6 and I'm guessing a 6-speed auto. Originally it was supposed to get the 3.9 and production was to start in March '06, but they decided to give it the 3.6 and production is now starting July '07.

I don't know why it would take them that much longer, but I guessing they were probably going to go with the 3.9 but Lutz or someone wanted the 3.6 after they had already been testing the 3.9. As a result, the 3.6 testing would have to be done and was behind the testing for the 3.9.

That's just a guess, I don't know for sure why it's so far behind.

I see...will the Torrent be getting a GXP edition, too?

You guessed it, it will just be called GT though :AH-HA_wink:

Total production for the two (SS+GT) was/is slated for 50k/year.

what if it's the 5.3? if it can go in the impala....? :lol:

well theta's have been critisized for their lack of power, i guess.

Nope, it's getting the 3.6 and I'm guessing a 6-speed auto. Originally it was supposed to get the 3.9 and production was to start in March '06, but they decided to give it the 3.6 and production is now starting July '07.

So they'll also be getting the 3.6HFV6 DualMode Hybrid?

When does the Aveo SS come out? <_<

Not every freekin Chevrolet model should be offered in SS trim.

I still don't know why the 3.5 isn't offered in the Theta's. The CSVs are getting rid of them for next year, so capacity should be up. Why can't they be in there for next year?

As far as out performing the Vue, I don't know. The Vue is smaller in height and length, weighs less. The SS might beat it in a straight line with more power, but I don't know. I would like to see the comparison between them to know for sure.

Good move GM but call it LTZ!! Leave SS for RWD V-8 cars! Good to see the correct powertrain is being offered here-now about G6 and other non-Aura Epsilons....

Any guess on HP? I am going out on a limb and saying the power the SS model will have is what every model since its intro should have had.

When does the Aveo SS come out? <_<

Not every freekin Chevrolet model should be offered in SS trim.

SS doesn't mean Sport Sedan, it means Something Sporty :) I don't mind putting an SS badge on any car that could do 0-60 in less than 6 or 7 seconds..

I still don't know why the 3.5 isn't offered in the Theta's. The CSVs are getting rid of them for next year, so capacity should be up. Why can't they be in there for next year?

As far as out performing the Vue, I don't know. The Vue is smaller in height and length, weighs less. The SS might beat it in a straight line with more power, but I don't know. I would like to see the comparison between them to know for sure.

The 3.5 in the CSVs is going out of production and with the new 3.5 LZ4/LZE now expanded to the G6, Aura and Malibu, there may not be enough to go around.

The 3.5 in the CSVs is going out of production and with the new 3.5 LZ4/LZE now expanded to the G6, Aura and Malibu, there may not be enough to go around.

Okay. I can understand that. Thanks for the clarification.

Posted Image

I like the wheels

As for the engine.. 3.6 sounds good.. but an AWD 350hp 5.3L V8 would be better I think :yes:

EDIT: just looked at the front shot, is that the fog lights right under the headlights? If so -> :blink:

Edited by Decka

SS doesn't mean Sport Sedan, it means Something Sporty  :)  I don't mind putting an SS badge on any car that could do 0-60 in less than 6 or 7 seconds..

Yeah.... SS stands fopr SUPER Sport...

not "Kind of sporty if you squint real hard and it comes with some slick rims"

THESE cars are true Super Sports:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.