First Impressions: 2020 Lincoln Aviator: Comments

Drew Dowdell

5 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

More than the Nautilus and less than the Navigator? 

Nautilus stars at about $40k.  The Aviator seems to be very well equipped at even the base levels, so $50k sounds about right for a starting price though I won't be surprised if it is higher to even $59k. That would be slightly higher than the $49k the MKT starts at. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

*waits for German comparison*

Nothing they build...or the Asians for that matter....looks this good. Coming from me...that is saying Something!

19 hours ago, smk4565 said:

So what will it cost?

Doesn't matter...from a visual standpoint this owns everything else on the market.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ccap41 said:

*waits for German comparison*

I am sure the GLE and X5 are more than up to the task.   Just as the GLS at the end of the life cycle outclasses, out performance and outsells the Navigator.  And the X7 will outsell the Navigator too.

5 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I am sure the GLE and X5 are more than up to the task.   Just as the GLS at the end of the life cycle outclasses, out performance and outsells the Navigator.  And the X7 will outsell the Navigator too.

If the Aviator out sells them then what? 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 9:00 PM, smk4565 said:

Out performs is relative considering there is only one other luxury vehicle the size of the Navigator and it's not a Mercedes. 

5 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Out performs is relative considering there is only one other luxury vehicle the size of the Navigator and it's not a Mercedes. 

Right...people are not buying these to race. Towing a big boat is more like it. 

30 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Right...people are not buying these to race. Towing a big boat is more like it. 

Absolutely! And it isn't like 450hp/500tq(whatever the exact numbers are) in either the 'Slade or 'Gator is a slouch by any stretch. They're still low 14's vehicles.. That's damn quick for vehicles the size of a house. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Absolutely! And it isn't like 450hp/500tq(whatever the exact numbers are) in either the 'Slade or 'Gator is a slouch by any stretch. They're still low 14's vehicles.. That's damn quick for vehicles the size of a house. 

Yes, definitely not underpowered.    Powerful, obese, spacious, comfortable, fast.   Sounds like the Aviator should be plenty fast also. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Yes, definitely not underpowered.    Powerful, obese, spacious, comfortable, fast.   Sounds like the Aviator should be plenty fast also. 

Exactly. And better looking than the competition.

• Like 1

This should have had the the suicide doors...

If I was Lincoln, I wouldnt be spending the engineering costs on a vehicle they are about to kill off, Id be spending the dough on this Aviator and Id demolish the competition with it...

Oh...as a hater of CUVs and SUVs...I LOVE this one!!!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

This should have had the the suicide doors...

If I was Lincoln, I wouldnt be spending the engineering costs on a vehicle they are about to kill off, Id be spending the dough on this Aviator and Id demolish the competition with it...

Oh...as a hater of CUVs and SUVs...I LOVE this one!!!

You are spot on with the engineering dollars being spent on the Continental. Yes Matrix fans will probably flock to buy one with suicide doors but the public want CUV / SUVs and this with Suicide doors would be superior in selling than the near death Continental.

• Upvote 1

The Navigator doesn't feel at all slow.... with the 10-speed you are always in the deep deep powerband. I don't care what the ultimate 0-60 is, it is a terrible measure of performance. 

The Aviator... especially the GT model with all of the electric torque should feel the same. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The Navigator doesn't feel at all slow.... with the 10-speed you are always in the deep deep powerband. I don't care what the ultimate 0-60 is, it is a terrible measure of performance. 

The Aviator... especially the GT model with all of the electric torque should feel the same. 

More importantly, both look and feel like a million bucks...color me impressed.

• Upvote 2