2021 Buick Envision - where has the news been on this

Feels relevant here...

"Buick's new second-gen Envision is attractive and less expensive than other compact luxury SUVs, but it's more of a premium pretender than actually premium.

It's not that the completely redesigned, second-generation Envision isn't visually appealing or packed with popular features. That's true on both counts. But beyond those basic prerequisites, the Envision lacks the driving joy and truly upscale traits that might help it transcend its position as a compact luxury SUV poseur."

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a35606676/2021-buick-envision-by-the-numbers/

• Agree 2

From C&D tests

Envision:

"The new Envision doesn't handle with much verve. Steering feel is largely absent and the body leans in corners more than we like, but its smooth ride quality is one area where the Buick feels legitimately luxurious. "

RDX:

"Despite its claimed 57/43 front/rear weight distribution, the RDX with SH-AWD maintains a tight line when pushed. A confidence-inspiring trait, it makes quick work out of erasing mildly banked 90 degree turns. The feel at the wheel is light and lively, and the RDX as a whole feels lighter on its feet than a comparably equipped BMW X3 but can’t match the Bavarian in terms of solidity and precision. The stoic Audi Q5, by comparison, feels almost reluctant when pressed to perform similar tight maneuvers, leading us to wonder just how much work its rear wheels are doing."

Also:

Envision:

60 mph: 7.3 sec

RDX:

60 mph: 5.7 sec

X3 30i

60 mph: 6.2 sec

• Agree 1

"can’t match in terms of solidity and precision"
"doesn't handle with much verve"
"feels almost reluctant when pressed"
"feels lighter on its feet"

I just don't know what anyone is supposed to do with these statements.

Buick's aren't marketed to folk who on rare occasions like to "make quick work out of erasing mildly banked 90 degree turns", so while C&D's criteria is running a mommy-mobile around a road course, I question the relevance of such. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, balthazar said:

so while C&D's criteria is running a mommy-mobile around a road course, I question the relevance of such. 

This is from Buick.com new Envision page, maybe it is just me but Buick is not pushing it just as sleepy boring mommy mobile, but fun to drive premium crossover:

The All-New 2021 Envision compact SUV has more than enough style, power and technology to make every day an occasion. No matter what you ask of it, Envision helps you be at your best.

DESIGNED TO INSPIRE YOU WITH EVERY DRIVE

Details both large and small make for an exceptionally refined driving experience. 

image.png

4 hours ago, ykX said:

From C&D tests

Envision:

"The new Envision doesn't handle with much verve. Steering feel is largely absent and the body leans in corners more than we like, but its smooth ride quality is one area where the Buick feels legitimately luxurious. "

RDX:

"Despite its claimed 57/43 front/rear weight distribution, the RDX with SH-AWD maintains a tight line when pushed. A confidence-inspiring trait, it makes quick work out of erasing mildly banked 90 degree turns. The feel at the wheel is light and lively, and the RDX as a whole feels lighter on its feet than a comparably equipped BMW X3 but can’t match the Bavarian in terms of solidity and precision. The stoic Audi Q5, by comparison, feels almost reluctant when pressed to perform similar tight maneuvers, leading us to wonder just how much work its rear wheels are doing."

Also:

Envision:

60 mph: 7.3 sec

RDX:

60 mph: 5.7 sec

X3 30i

60 mph: 6.2 sec

MEH, Sounds like a BMW lover driving these rather than the common women and men that do.

I will disagree with the vague steering and body leans. The CUV is solid in driving and is not a race auto, performance auto, etc. It serves well for those that want a mid level luxury auto that makes driving a relaxing thing.

My sister lives out of her Envision as an in home wound care nurse. She loves the way to handles and drives and did not like the harsh racer type of response the RDX/MDX gives. 

Again, that is personal opinion on how they feel the auto drives and others love it. 

The second and half difference to 60 is nothing now a days. Most people are not constantly hard throttle to 60 and even then your figure is way off from other reviews that constantly seem to say 6.4, 6.5 seconds to 60.

https://www.carindigo.com/buick/envision/0to60

https://autotk.com/0-60-times/buick/envision/

https://autofiles.com/0-60-times/buick/envision/

Buick Envision 0-60 Times and Quarter Mile (zero60times.com)

So those are just a few of the ones covering 2021 and my sisters 2017 is stated as 7 seconds with a 15 second quarter mile.

Buick 0-60 Times & Buick Quarter Mile Times | Buick Regal, Century, Enclave, Riviera & LaCrosse 0 to 60 stats! (zeroto60times.com)

Over all, I have to say for the bulk of people out there, the speed is fast enough as is the handling.

If you want sporty more performance driving, then there is the RDX/MDX if you want more luxury you have the Envision.

Something for everyone.

16 minutes ago, ykX said:

This is from Buick.com new Envision page, maybe it is just me but Buick is not pushing it just as sleepy boring mommy mobile, but fun to drive premium crossover:

The All-New 2021 Envision compact SUV has more than enough style, power and technology to make every day an occasion. No matter what you ask of it, Envision helps you be at your best.

DESIGNED TO INSPIRE YOU WITH EVERY DRIVE

Details both large and small make for an exceptionally refined driving experience. 

image.png

I would agree with what they say. My sister looked forward to driving her Envision every day as a relaxing drive to her patients compared to her Mazda she used to own that made her body feel tired.

I think Buick hit the Refined Driving Experience as when you drive it, it is very relaxing and enjoyable and yet push the accelerator and it does move. Pay attention and you can pick up the slight Turbo delay, but over all, the auto delivers on response.

1 hour ago, David said:

MEH, Sounds like a BMW lover driving these rather than the common women and men that do.

Sound to me like you guys just coming with excuses for MEH car, just because it is GM.  If it had different badge I think responses would be different.

1 hour ago, David said:

If you want sporty more performance driving, then there is the RDX/MDX if you want more luxury you have the Envision.

All the reviews said that interior doesn't feel luxurious. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ccap41 said:

"Buick's new second-gen Envision is attractive and less expensive than other compact luxury SUVs, but it's more of a premium pretender than actually premium.

It's not that the completely redesigned, second-generation Envision isn't visually appealing or packed with popular features. That's true on both counts. But beyond those basic prerequisites, the Envision lacks the driving joy and truly upscale traits that might help it transcend its position as a compact luxury SUV poseur."

This has nothing to do with the relevant agility and speed testing. 

46 minutes ago, ykX said:

Sound to me like you guys just coming with excuses for MEH car, just because it is GM.  If it had different badge I think responses would be different.

Guaranteed. 

There is zero doubt David will defend everything GM the same way smk defends Mercedes. 

1 hour ago, David said:

But, it isn't luxurious either... 

Awkward Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

There is zero doubt David will defend everything GM the same way smk defends Mercedes. 

But, it isn't luxurious either... 

Wrong my friend. Cadillac has failed in many ways on the luxury front. Buick as well for a mid luxury auto. Chevrolet has a ton of failures right now in their auto's. gm has NOT been doing the right job in quality in a number of ways.

While I have not spent any time in the FWD low end version of the Envision which the reviews you and others have pointed to, my time in the Envision Premium II is a very nice mid luxury ride.

This is the FAILURE of gm and the Media. They compare two different levels and then apply their dislike to the whole product line and that is wrong. 

You get what you pay for and those that want some thing nice get it by saving and buying what they want, not just getting another appliance auto.

I would never recommend a Buick Envision lower level trim with the base motor in FWD form. Too many decent incentives to get a fully loaded turbo model that makes driving it enjoyable. That is all.

By now people should understand that about me. Trailblazer AWD SS, Escalade ESV Platinum, etc. I do not waste my valuable time and money on cheap stuff for instant gratification. The age of my auto's and how long they last shows that as I am driving a 2006 Escalade and 2008 Trailblazer SS. Polished, cleaned inside and out and maintained so that I get my maximum value out of an auto I enjoy driving.

15 hours ago, David said:

Wrong my friend. Cadillac has failed in many ways on the luxury front. Buick as well for a mid luxury auto. Chevrolet has a ton of failures right now in their auto's. gm has NOT been doing the right job in quality in a number of ways.

While I have not spent any time in the FWD low end version of the Envision which the reviews you and others have pointed to, my time in the Envision Premium II is a very nice mid luxury ride.

This is the FAILURE of gm and the Media. They compare two different levels and then apply their dislike to the whole product line and that is wrong. 

You get what you pay for and those that want some thing nice get it by saving and buying what they want, not just getting another appliance auto.

I would never recommend a Buick Envision lower level trim with the base motor in FWD form. Too many decent incentives to get a fully loaded turbo model that makes driving it enjoyable. That is all.

By now people should understand that about me. Trailblazer AWD SS, Escalade ESV Platinum, etc. I do not waste my valuable time and money on cheap stuff for instant gratification. The age of my auto's and how long they last shows that as I am driving a 2006 Escalade and 2008 Trailblazer SS. Polished, cleaned inside and out and maintained so that I get my maximum value out of an auto I enjoy driving.

You obviously didn't even read the review I posted so here are some snippets for you that you've clearly missed. 

There is ONE engine available. 

2021 Buick.JPG

Envision.JPG

1 hour ago, ykX said:

Sorry @ocnblu , there is absolutely nothing "fun" about Ecosport except maybe this color.

I'll give it to him that you can drive the piss out of it and not break any laws! 🤣

• Agree 2

We just got an Envision (2021), picked it up on Saturday.

Came from a 2018 CX-5.  The envision is quicker, more responsive, rides a LOT smoother (even with the 20" wheels)...although the inside feels a tad bit cramped for a with this its exterior dimensions.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

We just got an Envision (2021), picked it up on Saturday.

Came from a 2018 CX-5.  The envision is quicker, more responsive, rides a LOT smoother (even with the 20" wheels)...although the inside feels a tad bit cramped for a with this its exterior dimensions.

Which Trim Level? Any added features/amenities? Which color? FWD or AWD?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, riviera74 said:

Which Trim Level? Any added features/amenities? Which color? FWD or AWD?

Essense, ST package, AWD.  It was the best blend of features and price for us.

It came with the black 20" wheels with the ST package. I would have LOVED the 20" silver wheels that are an option of the Essense, but it looks like GM is not making those yet. You either get the Avenir with those specific Avenir 20's...you get the Black ST 20's, or the 18's.  

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

It came with the black 20" wheels with the ST package. I would have LOVED the 20" silver wheels that are an option of the Essense, but it looks like GM is not making those yet. You either get the Avenir with those specific Avenir 20's...you get the Black ST 20's, or the 18's.  

That Sounds Awesome, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Well Done Reaction GIF

On 3/3/2021 at 9:00 PM, mjd1001 said:

Thanks for the info.  I hope that new Envision serves you well for a long time.