Sign in to follow this  
deftonesfan867

Whats your favorite band at the moment?

I go in and out of phases as far as favorites go, so... :P

SOAD, Metallica, KoRn, Avenged Sevenfold, GNR, Queen, AC/DC, Ozzy, MM, Green Day, etc. Currently, I'm listening to Metallica, though. Before that, KoRn, A7X, Queen, SOAD... :lol::D

This list will be varied... that's just me.

Looking at my CDs, and listing all the ones I like well enough to call myself a 'fan' of:

Beck, The White Stripes, Sublime, SOAD, K-OS, Death From Above 1979, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, CCR, Foo Fighters, RHCP, Incubus, Tragically Hip, NoFX, Hot Hot Heat, The Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, Matthew Good, Kanye West, Rage, Weezer, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Metric, The Dears, Stars, Cake, Missy Elliot, Green Day, Method Man, Buck 65, The Streets, Queens of the Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails.

Haha YES, I have a lot of CDs... I am a big music fan. I have about 300 CDs, most of which are not ripped into my collection of 3000 MP3s.

Metallica (favourite band but my sig gives that away, lol. They played the Master of Puppets album in full yesterday - June 3rd 2006 - and are doing it again tonight :metal:).

Also Tool, Megadeth, Anthrax, Ozzy, Motorhead, SOAD, Sepultura, Machine Head.

For the lighter side, some Waylon Jennings, Tom Waits, or even Jewel.

Edited by ZL-1

Guest Josh

I think it's pretty clear who my favorite is. The Next Big Thing out of Detroit of course JoCaine.

I'm also really behind my buddy Paul and his band the Vigilante Sidekicks. Lots of people have compared their lead singer Cheryl to some of the best in the business post past, present and future.

For a nice southern rock band check out JoCaine:

http://www.myspace.com/JoCaineand75north

For a nice rock band check out the Vigilante Sidekicks:

http://www.myspace.com/VigilanteSidekicks

I've finally got every Van Halen CD, except for VH3... I don't consider the music in that album or it's singer (Cherone) to be a part Van Halen.

And I just got Motley Crue's remastered "Too Fast For Love" ... great music to blast with the windows down when on the road.

I like a variety of bands or singers. I cant stand hiphop or rap though. I am in to softer rock and some harder rock. I usually like what 102.1 The Edge plays. Great radio station. Anyone else form the GTA listen to it? Q107 is alright as well. I hate Z103.5 though. Gino beats most of the time lol.

my favorite band is an always will be motorhead... end of story

all the others kinda group up right underneath it tho... acdc, old school metallica, judas priest, iron maiden, queen, skid row, motley crue... etc

I like a variety of bands or singers. I cant stand hiphop or rap though. I am in to softer rock and some harder rock. I usually like what 102.1 The Edge plays. Great radio station. Anyone else form the GTA listen to it? Q107 is alright as well. I hate Z103.5 though. Gino beats most of the time lol.

:blink: Wow...102.1 The Edge is the modern rock station here in Dallas/Fort Worth. Weird

I've finally got every Van Halen CD, except for VH3... I don't consider the music in that album or it's singer (Cherone) to be a part Van Halen.

And I just got Motley Crue's remastered "Too Fast For Love" ... great music to blast with the windows down when on the road.

Van Halen 3 is quite possibly the worst compact disc of music ever offered for public sale in the whole world.

Tragically Hip

you Canuck?

I have a Canuck buddy who breathes Tragically Hip. I went with him to a concert. I have no clue about their tunes, but i got tanked and had a great time and they seem like an awesome concert band.

Edited by regfootball

I just got this new album by some group called New Kids on the Block, album is named Hangin Tough, its some good $h!, I see them going places.

The one band I've been listening to a lot in the past few days is Sigur Rós, an Icelandic band that has been slowly gaining popularity around the globe and in the US.

No, I can't understand a word that they are saying yet, their music is some of the most interesting stuff you'll hear and they certainly kick ass.

Tragically Hip is pretty good too. My brother loves them. He has every single one of their albums and he's gone to a few of thier shows.

Kingston, ON should be proud.

I'm not liking Goo Goo Dolls. I don't care if their from my hometown. They keep playing that damn song off their new album on the radio over and over again and I just want to scream.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Stuff I've been listening to as of late:

- Juno Reactor

- Black Eyed Peas

- Nikleback

- Moody Blues

- Rob Zombie

But nothing beats the classics like the Beatles, G&R, Metallica,

CCR, Alman Bros., Foghat, ZZ-Top, Scorpions, Pink Floyd....

Rush, Van Halen( I do have Van Halen 3 and while it is different from the rest I still find a few of the songs to my liking),Alice in Chains, Judas Priest. I must have somewhere between 350-400 CDs all ripped into my computer. Needed a second hard drive just to put it all in.

- Nikleback

Please tell me you're being sarcastic... Nickleback... *shudders* :blink:

I've been expanding my collection of Metal lately (death metal/black metal/metal in general)...As far as death metal bands go, Children of Bodom is probably my favorite...I've been listening to them a lot lately.

you Canuck?

I have a Canuck buddy who breathes Tragically Hip.  I went with him to a concert.  I have no clue about their tunes, but i got tanked and had a great time and they seem like an awesome concert band.

Yep. I'm Canadian. So is a good portion of my list that you've probably never heard of. The Tragically Hip is a great concert band. I'll always like this album cover for how unique it is. Apparently it's an old piece of equipment for testing your home stereo. Looks pretty complicated to me:

Posted Image

Rascal Flatts. I have been getting into country music for a little bit now. On my overall list is Journey, Savage Garden...I guess that's it. I'm more of a single singer kind of guy, I guess.

- Juno Reactor

- Black Eyed Peas

- Nikleback

- Moody Blues

- Rob Zombie

My dad has quite a few Moody Blues albums. I've heard those songs over and over again countless times. "One More Time to Live" cracks me up because it reminds me of the Simpsons episode with Ned Flanders & Homer in Vegas. ^_^

I've been expanding my collection of Metal lately (death metal/black metal/metal in general)...As far as death metal bands go, Children of Bodom is probably my favorite...I've been listening to them a lot lately.

Never liked death metal. Never will. However some people I meet associate Motley Crue with death metal :huh: ... I can sorta see why, but it's Glam Metal for Chrissake.

Rush, Van Halen( I do have Van Halen 3 and while it is different from the rest I still find a few of the songs to my liking),Alice in Chains, Judas Priest. I must have somewhere between 350-400 CDs all ripped into my computer. Needed a second hard drive just to put it all in.

Rush and Van Halen. My top two favorite bands. :thumbsup:

Guest YellowJacket894

It's a tie between Tool and Alice In Chains. (As it has been for the past half-year!)

For a nice southern rock band check out JoCaine.

:huh: Uh, a Southern Rock band out of Detroit? That's geographically impossible, sorry.

Edited by YellowJacket894

:huh: Uh, a Southern Rock band out of Detroit? That's geographically impossible, sorry.

um... southern rock isnt about location... its about the sound... ive checked out jocaine a couple times bcuz josh seems to be very persistent in spreading their music :P... and they are indeed southern rock...

some of my friends up here in NJ have a southern rock band... called southern fried funk... you should check them out sometime josh... i think youd like em

www.myspace.com/southernfriedfunk

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook