Whats your favorite band at the moment?

This list will be varied... that's just me.

Looking at my CDs, and listing all the ones I like well enough to call myself a 'fan' of:

Beck, The White Stripes, Sublime, SOAD, K-OS, Death From Above 1979, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, CCR, Foo Fighters, RHCP, Incubus, Tragically Hip, NoFX, Hot Hot Heat, The Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, Matthew Good, Kanye West, Rage, Weezer, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Metric, The Dears, Stars, Cake, Missy Elliot, Green Day, Method Man, Buck 65, The Streets, Queens of the Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails.

Haha YES, I have a lot of CDs... I am a big music fan. I have about 300 CDs, most of which are not ripped into my collection of 3000 MP3s.

Metallica (favourite band but my sig gives that away, lol. They played the Master of Puppets album in full yesterday - June 3rd 2006 - and are doing it again tonight :metal:).

Also Tool, Megadeth, Anthrax, Ozzy, Motorhead, SOAD, Sepultura, Machine Head.

For the lighter side, some Waylon Jennings, Tom Waits, or even Jewel.

Edited by ZL-1

Guest Josh

I think it's pretty clear who my favorite is. The Next Big Thing out of Detroit of course JoCaine.

I'm also really behind my buddy Paul and his band the Vigilante Sidekicks. Lots of people have compared their lead singer Cheryl to some of the best in the business post past, present and future.

For a nice southern rock band check out JoCaine:

http://www.myspace.com/JoCaineand75north

For a nice rock band check out the Vigilante Sidekicks:

http://www.myspace.com/VigilanteSidekicks

I've finally got every Van Halen CD, except for VH3... I don't consider the music in that album or it's singer (Cherone) to be a part Van Halen.

And I just got Motley Crue's remastered "Too Fast For Love" ... great music to blast with the windows down when on the road.

I like a variety of bands or singers. I cant stand hiphop or rap though. I am in to softer rock and some harder rock. I usually like what 102.1 The Edge plays. Great radio station. Anyone else form the GTA listen to it? Q107 is alright as well. I hate Z103.5 though. Gino beats most of the time lol.

my favorite band is an always will be motorhead... end of story

all the others kinda group up right underneath it tho... acdc, old school metallica, judas priest, iron maiden, queen, skid row, motley crue... etc

I like a variety of bands or singers. I cant stand hiphop or rap though. I am in to softer rock and some harder rock. I usually like what 102.1 The Edge plays. Great radio station. Anyone else form the GTA listen to it? Q107 is alright as well. I hate Z103.5 though. Gino beats most of the time lol.

:blink: Wow...102.1 The Edge is the modern rock station here in Dallas/Fort Worth. Weird

I've finally got every Van Halen CD, except for VH3... I don't consider the music in that album or it's singer (Cherone) to be a part Van Halen.

And I just got Motley Crue's remastered "Too Fast For Love" ... great music to blast with the windows down when on the road.

Van Halen 3 is quite possibly the worst compact disc of music ever offered for public sale in the whole world.

Tragically Hip

you Canuck?

I have a Canuck buddy who breathes Tragically Hip. I went with him to a concert. I have no clue about their tunes, but i got tanked and had a great time and they seem like an awesome concert band.

Edited by regfootball

The one band I've been listening to a lot in the past few days is Sigur Rós, an Icelandic band that has been slowly gaining popularity around the globe and in the US.

No, I can't understand a word that they are saying yet, their music is some of the most interesting stuff you'll hear and they certainly kick ass.

Tragically Hip is pretty good too. My brother loves them. He has every single one of their albums and he's gone to a few of thier shows.

Kingston, ON should be proud.

I'm not liking Goo Goo Dolls. I don't care if their from my hometown. They keep playing that damn song off their new album on the radio over and over again and I just want to scream.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Stuff I've been listening to as of late:

- Juno Reactor

- Black Eyed Peas

- Nikleback

- Moody Blues

- Rob Zombie

But nothing beats the classics like the Beatles, G&R, Metallica,

CCR, Alman Bros., Foghat, ZZ-Top, Scorpions, Pink Floyd....

Rush, Van Halen( I do have Van Halen 3 and while it is different from the rest I still find a few of the songs to my liking),Alice in Chains, Judas Priest. I must have somewhere between 350-400 CDs all ripped into my computer. Needed a second hard drive just to put it all in.

I've been expanding my collection of Metal lately (death metal/black metal/metal in general)...As far as death metal bands go, Children of Bodom is probably my favorite...I've been listening to them a lot lately.

you Canuck?

I have a Canuck buddy who breathes Tragically Hip.  I went with him to a concert.  I have no clue about their tunes, but i got tanked and had a great time and they seem like an awesome concert band.

Yep. I'm Canadian. So is a good portion of my list that you've probably never heard of. The Tragically Hip is a great concert band. I'll always like this album cover for how unique it is. Apparently it's an old piece of equipment for testing your home stereo. Looks pretty complicated to me:

Posted Image

Rascal Flatts. I have been getting into country music for a little bit now. On my overall list is Journey, Savage Garden...I guess that's it. I'm more of a single singer kind of guy, I guess.

Stuff I've been listening to as of late:

- Juno Reactor

- Black Eyed Peas

- Nikleback

- Moody Blues

- Rob Zombie

But nothing beats the classics like the Beatles, G&R, Metallica,

CCR, Alman Bros., Foghat, ZZ-Top, Scorpions, Pink Floyd....

My dad has quite a few Moody Blues albums. I've heard those songs over and over again countless times. "One More Time to Live" cracks me up because it reminds me of the Simpsons episode with Ned Flanders & Homer in Vegas. ^_^

I've been expanding my collection of Metal lately (death metal/black metal/metal in general)...As far as death metal bands go, Children of Bodom is probably my favorite...I've been listening to them a lot lately.

Never liked death metal. Never will. However some people I meet associate Motley Crue with death metal :huh: ... I can sorta see why, but it's Glam Metal for Chrissake.

Rush, Van Halen( I do have Van Halen 3 and while it is different from the rest I still find a few of the songs to my liking),Alice in Chains, Judas Priest. I must have somewhere between 350-400 CDs all ripped into my computer. Needed a second hard drive just to put it all in.

Rush and Van Halen. My top two favorite bands. :thumbsup:

Guest YellowJacket894

It's a tie between Tool and Alice In Chains. (As it has been for the past half-year!)

For a nice southern rock band check out JoCaine.

:huh: Uh, a Southern Rock band out of Detroit? That's geographically impossible, sorry.

Edited by YellowJacket894

:huh: Uh, a Southern Rock band out of Detroit? That's geographically impossible, sorry.

um... southern rock isnt about location... its about the sound... ive checked out jocaine a couple times bcuz josh seems to be very persistent in spreading their music :P... and they are indeed southern rock...

some of my friends up here in NJ have a southern rock band... called southern fried funk... you should check them out sometime josh... i think youd like em

www.myspace.com/southernfriedfunk

Guest YellowJacket894

um... southern rock isnt about location... its about the sound... ive checked out jocaine a couple times bcuz josh seems to be very persistent in spreading their music :P... and they are indeed southern rock...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, location does play a part sometimes in what band is in what genre/movement/etc.

Lets take Grunge for example. What people fail to realize is that Grunge is a term to describe bands from Seattle that came to be in the early-to-mid eighties and early nineties. All of the bands sounded vastly different, with, for example, Nirvana sounding more Punk and Alice In Chains very Metal. It's not a genre. Bands that label themselves as Grunge are not Grunge -- most are in fact Alternative bands with overdistored guitars and Kurt Cobain rip-offs for a lead singer/guitarist that should deserve to burn in Hell. If a new band comes from Seattle anymore, it's labeled either Post-Grunge or that damnable genre called "Emo." (I choked when I typed that name.)

Edited by YellowJacket894

thats true to a certain extent... when the movement is just getting started then yes... location is a factor because thats where it originated and it wouldnt have moved out of that area yet... if southern rock had started in detroit it wouldnt have been called southern rock...

however... certain genres... such as southern rock... have more staying power than "grunge" or "emo" and have lasted through the years and have remained just as popular... southern rock has done this and so allowed the ideas that started it to spread thoughout the country and now... southern rock is more about the sound and the ideas than anything else... go listen to jocaine and southern fried funk... they are clearly southern rock bands... regardless of location

I just got this new album by some group called New Kids on the Block, album is named Hangin Tough, its some good &#036;h&#33;, I see them going places.

A painful follow up to this joke post. I was in doing paperwork, learning the computers, blah blah blah for my new crappy job when the chick handling my "entrance to the company" (god Corporate America sucks) asks if I want to go with some other people from personnel to lunch. I say sure, and we all go to this place down the street, the first thing I notice when I walk into the resaurant was Hangin Tough on the radio. I started laughing, my supervisor stopped talking and looked at me then she started laughing too. I guess she was really into NKOTB, which makes sense, as she is about my sister's age and she was into them too.

Guest YellowJacket894

I just got this new album by some group called New Kids on the Block, album is named Hangin Tough, its some good &#036;h&#33;, I see them going places.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Hey, guys, did you know that if you play a New Kids on the Block album backwards, it sounds better? Oh, yeah. Really gives it that edge it's missing. Puts the hair back on their balls."

(Guess the quote.)

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Pink Floyd and '70s Rolling Stones, Led Zeppellin, Queen, Eric Clapton, The Who., AC/DC... Music with great guitarists...

For more contemporary music, Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, Sigur Ros, M83, Moby or Michael Mann movie soundtracks (great mood music, IMHO)...

For pop, I've been listening to Coldplay and Denver's own The Fray..

When I need my '80s/90s fix, The Cure, U2, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Gun n' Roses, Rush, Def Leppard, The Smiths, Tori Amos, Peter Gabriel, ate Bush, Tom Cochran/Red Rider to name a few..

I have about 500 CDs accumulated over the last 20 years, I've put about 1/2 of them on my iPod.

"Hey, guys, did you know that if you play a New Kids on the Block album backwards, it sounds better? Oh, yeah. Really gives it that edge it's missing. Puts the hair back on their balls."

(Guess the quote.)

i saw that comedian the other day... dont remember his name tho... funny guy

Guest YellowJacket894

i saw that comedian the other day... dont remember his name tho... funny guy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh, I'll save you and everyone else some time: it was Bill Hicks and, yes, he was pretty damn funny. A lot of his act makes sense, too.

"Listen, if you play records backwards, you are Satan."

"Hear that? [bBBBBBBFFFFFTTTTTTT...] Hear that? It's clear as a bell. [bBBBBFFFFFTTTTT...] It says 'Satan is lord.' " "You are Satan! Ahhhh!"

:lol:

Too bad he died of cancer. Damn cancer. :thumbsdown:

ESPN is playing a butchered version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" now (they been doing this a lot recently for some reason). As if that song couldn't...eh, Nevermind.