2007 Chevy Silverado. Your vote is...?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. 2007 Chevy Silverado. Your vote is...?

• Wow! Absolutely a perfect 10 in my book! Off the charts!
    • Nice, but could be better if they...
    • Average. No better, no worse.
    • Nah. Could be a whole LOT better
    • Ugh. I'll be getting an '06 instead.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Joshiepoo

Those aren't the new Silverado, its the Colorado upgrade. If you want to know what the Silverado looks like, just look to the concept named after the capital of Montana. :wink:

Those aren't the new Silverado, its the Colorado upgrade.  If you want to know what the Silverado looks like, just look to the concept named after the capital of Montana. :wink:

Helena? HAHAHAHA...jeez, don't be so "retarted" hahahahahahahahahahaha

That's really, really hideous.

GOOD!!!

It'll apeal to all those Tundra buyers well then, since it looks like a dog turd. Oh, wait... It doesn't have the requisite "I'm better than you, you ignorant domestic redneck" chrome cheap looking alphabet treatment in the grille.... Nevermind.

I think it looks good!!!

It might look a little weak, but good nonetheless.

I am amazed! 10 pages of B/S about this new truck, and only TWO comments

about the ROOF RACK on the cab!

If that doesn't prostitute the concept of a pick-up truck......... then my perceptions

must be too old-school.

And you jokers, lamenting the RED color, and wanting BLACK......... obviously

none of you live in the SOUTH, where you can fry eggs on a black truck,

any day of the week from May thru December.----- And if you are in it, you

become the fried egg!

Even in perfect dry weather country, with a black truck....... just one dirty

thought, and you have to wash it to look decent!

I have had two, one a car and the other a truck, and never again will I own a

black vehicle!!!!!

:duh:

I am amazed! 10 pages of B/S about this new truck, and only TWO comments

about the ROOF RACK on the cab!

If that doesn't prostitute the concept of a pick-up truck......... then my perceptions

must be too old-school.

And you jokers, lamenting the RED color, and wanting BLACK......... obviously

none of you live in the SOUTH, where you can fry eggs on a black truck,

any day of the week from May thru December.----- And if you are in it, you

become the fried egg!

Even in perfect dry weather country, with a black truck....... just one dirty

thought, and you have to wash it to look decent!

I have had two, one a car and the other a truck, and never again will I own a

black vehicle!!!!!

:duh:

I live in Arizona, it has been 110 degrees for the past week, and probably wont go lower then 100 during the day until late October . I will still take a black car or truck over a red one anyday. I also have black leather interior in my car.

I think a lot of people are being thrown off be the 2d effect of the image.

For example... The nose isn't flat, as some would suggest and the rear probably doesn't look that out of proportion.

Also, this is an LT... If this is anything like recent Chevies there will be an LTZ trim probably with 20 inch wheels and other goodies. I think the 20's will go a long way, since one of my major complaints is the space between the fender and tire.

I think a lot of people are being thrown off be the 2d effect of the image.

For example... The nose isn't flat, as some would suggest and the rear probably doesn't look that out of proportion.

Also, this is an LT... If this is anything like recent Chevies there will be an LTZ trim probably with 20 inch wheels and other goodies. I think the 20's will go a long way, since one of my major complaints is the space between the fender and tire.

True... the 20's pretty much make the Tahoe.

There we go:

http://www.izoom.com/2007silverado.spied.html

I guess I would call it a slate-ish color.

Yup, clear shot of the seatbelt mounted to the B pillar on that grey standard cab model. So, the extended cab likely gets it mounted to the door like the Titan or the extended cab is getting a pillar and front-hinged x-cab door like the Ram. Change is not always a good thing...

At least the hood is fully closed on this one!

Absolutely Hideous. I was expecting better considering how good the Tahoe looks. Kinda lego like in the headlights, and the chrome center bumper is too Titan inspired. At least the Avalanche looks much better than this

Edited by AM6_Cutlass

No!!!

Has the thought ever occured to you that not everyone wants a lifted truck?

I didn't say "LIFTED". That is what the aftermarket is for. However a Little more ground clearence and Ride Heigt would be nice, At least to the same height as the RAM.

AND Yes it has Occured to me that not everone wants a lifted truck, that is what the 2WD models are for!

Maybe this will help illustrate what I was trying to say

Dogde 1500 Quad Cab "Big Horn Edition"

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2006/4...1_A.562x421.jpg

2007 Silverado Crew Cab Z71

http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/da...1_cd_jun062.jpg

Seems like you are asking for a higher ride height. The ride height on the current GMT800s was one of their selling points when they first came out...easier to get in and out of while maintaining the ground clearance.

Dodge.com lists the 2006 RAM 1500 Quad Cab/6.25ft bed 4x4 TRX4 model at a ground clearance of 8.0 inches. The ST and SLT 4x4s are listed at 7.4 inches.

GMC.com lists the 2006 Sierra 1500 Extended Cab/standard bed 4x4 model at a ground clearance of 8.7 inches front/8.6 inches rear.

So the RAM rides higher and is harder to get into and out of, but the Chevy/GMC have more ground clearance.

I've noticed that, too, BigPontiac. Rams are harder to get into and seem to sit higher for no particular reason. My father, a pickup fan, agrees that the 2wd Ram we had for a rental suffered from that and - as he put it - "If you can't lean on the side comfortably, what good is it?"

is it possible that this is the front end of the HD models, and the regular model will be identical to the tahoes?

i mean... they obviously know the tahoe facia works... all the plastics work... they dont break, but what if this was just a Z71 model with a different front grill...?

or could this be just the Z71 model? they said the avalanche would get a Z71... perhaps this front facia is just a representation of that?

--- well, I'm pretty happy with the poll...........

........but this is why we don't like spy shots -- no control over what you see. That's not a good picture -- the hood's open (and yes, there are actually people out on the net raging about the fact that the fit and finish of the hood is deplorable......) -- and it's just not a good angle for you to be able to see the truck.

I've seen them -- and yes, I'm prejudiced -- but I think they're much better looking than the last gen truck (esp. the first two years) -- and, for that matter (and I'm showing my age here......) -- the 1973 and the 1988 when they first came out.

As I've said many times before -- OK to have an opinion, but you'd be wise to wait and see it in person before making a final judgement.

........but this is why we don't like spy shots  -- no control over what you see.  That's not a good picture -- the hood's open (and yes, there are actually people out on the net raging about the fact that the fit and finish of the hood is deplorable......) -- and it's just not a good angle for you to be able to see the truck.

I've seen them -- and yes, I'm prejudiced -- but I think they're much better looking than the last gen truck (esp. the first two years) -- and, for that matter (and I'm showing my age here......) -- the 1973 and the 1988 when they first came out.

As I've said many times before -- OK to have an opinion, but you'd be wise to wait and see it in person before making a final judgement.

i remember the last time i heard you speak like this... a certain car got leaked... and i agree with you, it was much better in person then any photo could depict

........but this is why we don't like spy shots  -- no control over what you see.  That's not a good picture -- the hood's open (and yes, there are actually people out on the net raging about the fact that the fit and finish of the hood is deplorable......) -- and it's just not a good angle for you to be able to see the truck.

also i wouldnt be so happy with this poll, unles the truck looks 10x better...

compared to the tahoe poll this silverado looks to be a flop

How about this: these photos could cause a mini-rush on sales of the current truck, until the new truck comes out, people will see it with their own eyes instead of distorted through the camera lens, and they'll drop their 800s like stones.

I think your right about waiting to see the truck in person to make an opinion. When I first saw the Lucerne in pics it looked like such a dog. But in person it is actually very elegant yet powerful looking car. And of course the Camaro looks 10 times more amazing in person than it does in the pics where it also looks amazing. But I don't think I'm going to be a fan of the chrome that never ends on the front of the Silverado. It's going to have way too many reflections going every which way. Driving down the road blinding unsuspecting passers by.

Dang...ok why does GM have to release every picture of their cars in the absolute wost angle in the absolute worst color? The Tahoe and Yukon released with ugly colors, as did the Avalanche. Now the Silverado "debuts" with this red that does it no justice. That slate colored Silverado looks freakin NICE. That angle and color make it look stupid. The angle and color of the slate Silverado look freakin sweet and everything it should be.

Well, if you can't take a pickup off road, then its useless.

That front end is comming off as soon as I take to the construction entrance. Looks like the Silverado will become the truck for guys who don't really need a truck. Niche products become dead eventually. Trucks should stay true to their roots.

Well, if you can't take a pickup off road, then its useless. 

That front end is comming off as soon as I take to the construction entrance.  Looks like the Silverado will become the truck for guys who don't really need a truck.  Niche products become dead eventually.  Trucks should stay true to their roots.

Beleive it or not but I think that it will have better ground clearance than the current silverado. The new tahoe has better ground clearance than the previous one but the front facia makes it look a lot lower.

Seems like you are asking for a higher ride height.  The ride height on the current GMT800s was one of their selling points when they first came out...easier to get in and out of while maintaining the ground clearance.

Dodge.com lists the 2006 RAM 1500 Quad Cab/6.25ft bed 4x4 TRX4 model at a ground clearance of 8.0 inches.  The ST and SLT 4x4s are listed at 7.4 inches.

GMC.com lists the 2006 Sierra 1500 Extended Cab/standard bed 4x4 model at a ground clearance of 8.7 inches front/8.6 inches rear.

So the RAM rides higher and is harder to get into and out of, but the Chevy/GMC have more ground clearance.

OK I stand corrected on the Ground clearance. However I feel and I am sure I am not alone here that a little more room between the tires and fenders would add to the appeal of this truck.

OK I stand corrected on the Ground clearance. However I feel and I am sure I am not alone here that a little more room between the tires and fenders would add to the appeal of this truck.

The people that want them higher will just take them to get them lifted.

Agreed. Chevy should take a page from Dodges book about making more ample wheel wells. Having to pay over 2k for a 4-inch lift just to fit 33's with no rubbing and a 6-inch lift to fit 35's with no rubbing is ridiculous.

And getting 10mpg would be ridiculous too.....

That color is probably Blue Granite Metallic, which is essentially a Slate Grey better known as Stealth Grey Metallic over at Pontiac/GMC/Cadillac; Coastal Grey at Saturn; Slatestone at Buick; and Blue Slate over at Hummer.

That color is probably Blue Granite Metallic, which is essentially a Slate Grey better known as Stealth Grey Metallic over at Pontiac/GMC/Cadillac; Coastal Grey at Saturn; Slatestone at Buick; and Blue Slate over at Hummer.

the granite blue metalic isnt not the same shade as the stealth grey metalic...

its a lighter blue, the stealth grey is darker...

Buying a truck for mileage is like buying an Prius for towing.

with rising gas prices almost EVERYONE is concerned about mileage. If people want to go off roading they are going to go buy a truck that is suited for that. I have taken my Suburban off-road and it does just fine, never had a problem, and from what people have said the 900s have better clearance than the 800s so I don't see any problem with the ride hieght of this new truck. Hopfully it will be cracking the 20mpg highway mark. If it does get that good of gas mileage, people will be flocking over.

with rising gas prices almost EVERYONE is concerned about mileage.  If people want to go off roading they are going to go buy a truck that is suited for that.  I have taken my Suburban off-road and it does just fine, never had a problem, and from what people have said the 900s have better clearance than the 800s so I don't see any problem with the ride hieght of this new truck.  Hopfully it will be cracking the 20mpg highway mark.  If it does get that good of gas mileage, people will be flocking over.

And GM has CAFE requirements to meet.

So if anyone wants to kill the gas mileage on their trucks, they will have to do it on their own through the aftermarket.

Edited by CaddyXLR-V