Hate it when people sit on your car(s)?!

It's something that will make you nuts... :blink::angry:

I come outside, to find a bunch of kids sitting on my cars.... :huh:

about a dozen kids, sitting on 5-6 cars, including mine.

On top on that, they are being stupid, bouncing on them, hitting them,

and laying on the hood....

I just about went livid.....

I must have scared them (though a few others started yelling at them too)

I wasn't worried about the wagon (it looks beat up anyways)

But they marked up the facia, headlight, and hood of my coupe (it's only 2 years old, and looks good :( )

And I'm not sure if it is going to buff out... :unsure:

The car next to me (Neon) had a cracked headlight...

And poured beer into a cracked window of a Tarus...

Why are people so stupid????

GRRRR...

thats when you grab a bat and run out sceaming and swinging! but yah i never had that happen without my discreation. I would be mad too. Hopefully the kids dont try to get revenge and egg your house or somthing.

Never happened to me but if it did I think it would be time to put my concealed firearms permit to use, :AH-HA_wink: But normally if I see anyone near my car I just approach them and most of the time they leave if not thats time to grab the weapon.

Holy crap, Dave ... that's nuts.

I take it nobody else was around to watch them ... or to keep an eye on the cars?

Aye. I had one dude sit (rather lean, more or less) on my '81 MC SC (admittedly the MC that is the worst shape of my family) a few years ago at a cruise night, nonetheless. I didn't say a word, just watched him from a distance ... one of his buddies noticed me staring (OK, perhaps glaring is a better word) at 'em ... and nudged him to get away. I checked out the spot where he had been ... yet another new scratch.

What did he drive away in?

A 1970s Dodge. I was livid ... how could a "car guy" do that?

I haven't seen him since.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Something's wrong in the world today" ... Aerosmith ... 'Living On The Edge'

Yeah, I have a background on this one. Some senior-school teenagers were sitting on the hood of my best friend's Camaro. Now, my friend is normally reserved, exceptionally polite and kind-hearted, and would no more than simply demand it of the kids to kindly get off his car.

In this case, it changed pretty quickly when the guys saw some girlfriends they knew, and one idiot got up and literally stood on his hood to shout something out to them. This obviously flipped my friend's switch, as he was already moving toward them, surprising them by chirping the door locks with his remote, then shooting for the one standing on his hood. He grabbed him by the belt-buckle, and yarded him off the car onto his side on the pavement.

Now, my friend wasn't exactly small at the time, being 6'1" and 270 lbs....just ripped all over. Two guys jump off his car and poised themselves for a scuffle until they apparently got a good look at him. My friend didn't say a word, he didn't have to. He walked toward them with nothing more than a pissed off look, and they both had their arms out with unmistakable, "Whoa!" looks on their faces.

They backed off and the one on the pavement swore a couple times while getting up. He didn't stick around long. There was a noticable impression where the sheet metal met the hood framework; however, it was soon repaired by a friend in the bodyshop. When we were in his car at the time, he put it quite plainly, "It isn't the damage that really bothers me, since it's just a car that can be fixed; it's the lack of respect that I can't tolerate."

I told him that I was actually quite surprised he didn't run at the guy and body-spear him off his hood. His reply was rather funny, "I like these pants. I don't want to ruin them."

The only thing that's ever happened to me was watching two middle-aged couples walk out of a dance club while my '95 Monte Carlo was idling at the curb (locked) while I waited at the exit for my friends. They appeared to admire the car when one of them cupped his hands to look inside (window tint) then tried the doorhandle. I watched with my unclasped remote in my hand and quickly hit the panic button. He jumped away and looked around. I didn't make my presence known and just kept watching in disbelief. His companion had some better sense and boldly told him, "Hey, let's go!"

Edited by ShadowDog

thats when you grab a bat and run out sceaming and swinging! but yah i never had that happen without my discreation. I would be mad too. Hopefully the kids dont try to get revenge and egg your house or somthing.

Good idea, though in my neck of the woods, the cops would be right there.... :rolleyes:

Our city cops are great on missing the kids while nailing everyone else...

THat's why GC has so many kids in accidents around here.... :stupid:

Never happened to me but if it did I think it would be time to put my concealed firearms permit to use,  :AH-HA_wink:  But normally if I see anyone near my car I just approach them and most of the time they leave if not thats time to grab the weapon.

Hmmm..

*lightbulb appears over head*

wife put a toolbox on the trunk lid of my car a couple weeks ago. BOY WAS I PISSED. she always puts stuff on there and doesn't GET not wanting to scratch it up etc.

and then today again, her and the inlaws had a camera, a telephone, and some other semi sharp objects on there.

DAMMMMIIITTTTTTTTT!

Yeah, I have a background on this one.  Some senior-school teenagers were sitting on the hood of my best friend's Camaro.  Now, my friend is normally reserved, exceptionally polite and kind-hearted, and would no more than simply demand it of the kids to kindly get off his car.

In this case, it changed pretty quickly when the guys saw some girlfriends they knew, and one idiot got up and literally stood on his hood to shout something out to them.  This obviously flipped my friend's switch, as he was already moving toward them, surprising them by chirping the door locks with his remote, then shooting for the one standing on his hood.  He grabbed him by the belt-buckle, and yarded him off the car onto his side on the pavement.

Now, my friend wasn't exactly small at the time, being 6'1" and 270 lbs....just ripped all over.  Two guys jump off his car and poised themselves for a scuffle until they apparently got a good look at him.  My friend didn't say a word, he didn't have to.  He walked toward them with nothing more than a pissed off look, and they both had their arms out with unmistakable, "Whoa!" looks on their faces.

They backed off and the one on the pavement swore a couple times while getting up.  He didn't stick around long.  There was a noticable impression where the sheet metal met the hood framework; however, it was soon repaired by a friend in the bodyshop.  When we were in his car at the time, he put it quite plainly, "It isn't the damage that really bothers me, since it's just a car that can be fixed; it's the lack of respect that I can't tolerate."

I told him that I was actually quite surprised he didn't run at the guy and body-spear him off his hood.  His reply was rather funny, "I like these pants.  I don't want to ruin them."

The only thing that's ever happened to me was watching two middle-aged couples walk out of a dance club while my '95 Monte Carlo was idling at the curb (locked) while I waited at the exit for my friends.  They appeared to admire the car when one of them cupped his hands to look inside (window tint) then tried the doorhandle.  I watched with my unclasped remote in my hand and quickly hit the panic button.  He jumped away and looked around.  I didn't make my presence known and just kept watching in disbelief.  His companion had some better sense and boldly told him, "Hey, let's go!"

I've had that happen to both my wife's and my car. (just try to get in)

Expect the guy kicked at my wagon's driver's side door...interesting part was that guy then got into a fight in front of my car.... :huh:

i never realized what kind of dents get left from just leaning onto the cars, we have a guy at the dealership that once a week pushes out all the dents left from leaning on cars, some of them are from the sales personel, and some are from prior owners... but... its amazing... never realized...

with these flexible panels these days it seems okay.. but :banghead: they leave dents...

XP sits on the hood of the Datsun occasionaly, that

bugs me a little because the sheetmetal is as thick

as wax paper, the Q45 is Black so I'd frown upon it

for the sake of the paint.

Now when it comes to the old Fleetwood Brougham

& Camaro I did not mind at all. Those cars are

MEANT to be sat on.

What you're describing is a lot more disrespectful

though and the whole beer thing is asking to get a

fist-fight going. Sounds like these kids were real

jerkoffs. Hope that's a one time thing.

Don't sit on my cars. I'll kill you. Especially the Cobalt--the rear fenders and hood WILL buckle under pressure. Also I had an ex-girlfirend who sat on the spoiler of my Camaro and snapped it in half. Lesson learned from that, got a '98-'02 SS spoiler (the kind with support braces on either side of the CHMSL) to replace it.

Edited by Turbojett

Some kids can be stupid sometimes. My friend's dad parked his 1975 Corvette outside on Halloween. It had just been painted Black Cherry and it cost him $7000. Some kids decided to egg it and the paint ended up getting scratched and chipped.

they should be shot, firing squad style. I'll get my rifle.

GM1: That's priceless. What a rude little Sonofabitch.

On my caprice i dont mind sitting on the hood but, i dont let anyone sit on teh trunk. but kids these days. Is good old fashion "disipline" allowed any more? the Fan belt?

Back in late August 2004, a neighbor kid(14 y/o at the time) from up the corner was screwing around with some friends outside one night. I couldn't see him from where I was at, but upstairs, my mom saw him out the window pissing by my car's left side taillamp (parked out front) she got my dad's attention, and he came downstairs. He runs out, with me following, and yells to the kid who's fly is still unzipped "HEY YOU BIG BOY, GET OVER HERE!!" Well, when he said that, I looked over, and saw a puddle by the car I immediately went from even keel to explosion, so I yelled "DID YOU JUST TAKE A PISS ON THIS CAR HERE?!" The kid replys with "No" So, I say "I'M NOT YOUR PARENTS, YOU DON'T LIE TO ME, NOW, ONE LAST CHANCE, DID YOU JUST PISS ON THIS CAR?!" He says no again. Before I could get the words out of my mouth, my father says the exact thing  I was about to say. "WELL THEN, WE'LL LET THE POLICE DETERMINE IF YOU DID IT!" A few seconds later the squad car comes rolling up the street (My mom had called the cops right before my dad came downstairs). So, the cop talked to the kid after we explained what happened, the kid lies to the cop, and he shines his flashlight on the fresh puddle of urine by the car. The cop proceeded to slap a $400 fine on the parents, and the kid was charged with indecent exposure, and lewd misconduct as well. :pokeowned: 

At first, I thought the cop was just telling us that to make us feel better. But the following January, that kid's father came down the street wwith a snowblower during a storm, and said to my dad and I "Yeah, I'm gonna run this snowblower down to here (pointing to the next house down), but that's where I stop!" I asked him "Oh yeah, why's that?" He says "Because I had to show up in juvie court, and pay a $400 fine because that guy said my kid pissed on his car, so f@#k him!"  The dumbass thought that the poor bastard 2 houses down was the one that called the cops. My dad, neighbor, and I just looked at each other laughing at his stupidity under our breath. :stupid::lol:

Nice.....priceless.....

The only thing that's ever happened to me was watching two middle-aged couples walk out of a dance club while my '95 Monte Carlo was idling at the curb (locked) while I waited at the exit for my friends.  They appeared to admire the car when one of them cupped his hands to look inside (window tint) then tried the doorhandle.  I watched with my unclasped remote in my hand and quickly hit the panic button.  He jumped away and looked around.  I didn't make my presence known and just kept watching in disbelief.  His companion had some better sense and boldly told him, "Hey, let's go!"

Guy probably pulled the door handle to make the interior lights go on so he could check out the interior. But in this world, you can only assume the worst.

My parents have been out of town all week and my sister has been inviting friends over every night. They've been smoking and drinking, and this weekend, I had my Cobalt parked in the yard because I was out of town with my dad's van, movin stuff. I haven't had a chance to look at the car in daylight, but I'm willing to be there are some dings and scratches that weren't there when I parked it on Friday. :angry:

Edited by aaaantoine

Back in late August 2004, a neighbor kid(14 y/o at the time) from up the corner was screwing around with some friends outside one night. I couldn't see him from where I was at, but upstairs, my mom saw him out the window pissing by my car's left side taillamp (parked out front) she got my dad's attention, and he came downstairs. He runs out, with me following, and yells to the kid who's fly is still unzipped "HEY YOU BIG BOY, GET OVER HERE!!" Well, when he said that, I looked over, and saw a puddle by the car I immediately went from even keel to explosion, so I yelled "DID YOU JUST TAKE A PISS ON THIS CAR HERE?!" The kid replys with "No" So, I say "I'M NOT YOUR PARENTS, YOU DON'T LIE TO ME, NOW, ONE LAST CHANCE, DID YOU JUST PISS ON THIS CAR?!" He says no again. Before I could get the words out of my mouth, my father says the exact thing  I was about to say. "WELL THEN, WE'LL LET THE POLICE DETERMINE IF YOU DID IT!" A few seconds later the squad car comes rolling up the street (My mom had called the cops right before my dad came downstairs). So, the cop talked to the kid after we explained what happened, the kid lies to the cop, and he shines his flashlight on the fresh puddle of urine by the car. The cop proceeded to slap a $400 fine on the parents, and the kid was charged with indecent exposure, and lewd misconduct as well. :pokeowned: 

At first, I thought the cop was just telling us that to make us feel better. But the following January, that kid's father came down the street wwith a snowblower during a storm, and said to my dad and I "Yeah, I'm gonna run this snowblower down to here (pointing to the next house down), but that's where I stop!" I asked him "Oh yeah, why's that?" He says "Because I had to show up in juvie court, and pay a $400 fine because that guy said my kid pissed on his car, so f@#k him!"  The dumbass thought that the poor bastard 2 houses down was the one that called the cops. My dad, neighbor, and I just looked at each other laughing at his stupidity under our breath. :stupid::lol:

Heh... no offense, but pissing by a car and pissing on a car is two different things. The first of which is no big deal. If that's the case... I am hearing about one big overreaction. But, if it's the latter... I could understand, but a puddle of piss by a car doesn't mean the car was pissed on unless you ran your hand against the car and felt wetness, IE piss. I mean... I've pissed on cars and pissed by cars. You can't tell the difference unless you actually see and feel piss on the car... :D:P

• 2 weeks later...

Only my friends may be upon my car... and very gently at that.

I've told my friends that if there was ever someone I didn't know in my car, they would probably disappear permanately.

I say this jokingly, but hey, they probably haven't told anyone where they were going or what they were doing, so no one knows.

You know I hate to say it, but I could probably be the dictator of a nation with executions of say... the stupid. Let's enrich (but narrow) the gene pool!

It bothers some people that world domination is on some people's list of things to do... Not me. It's just the natural course of things.

I'm full of sarcasm.

oh with the world cup on tv now everyone on my block decided to break out the soccer ball. i cant tell you how many car alarms have been going off.

now thats a real pain in the ass.

hate to sound like the old man, go play on your own property but they are, they just kick the damn ball all over the place.

--and as far as peeing goes. near my car, on my car or by my car you better get your ass out of there if i see you. only once i saw someone pissing on my neighbors truck about 3 houses down. didnt care. told em to get the f@#k away from there. go find an alley or a tree someplace. that aint cool.

of all the places, why pick my car.

oh with the world cup on tv now everyone on my block decided to break out the soccer ball.  i cant tell you how many car alarms have been going off.

now thats a real pain in the ass.

hate to sound like the old man, go play on your own property but they are, they just kick the damn ball all over the place.

--and as far as peeing goes. near my car, on my car or by my car you better get your ass out of there if i see you.  only once i saw someone pissing on my neighbors truck about 3 houses down.  didnt care.  told em to get the f@#k away from there.  go find an alley or a tree someplace.  that aint cool.

of all the places, why pick my car.

Yeah, i've noticed the soccor balls around here too... :angry:

When I stopped at my parent's house yesterday, I watched a kid playing street hockey slap shot a puck at a f150 side window and break it (by accident)

Man, was the mom ever pissed....

I had an idiot sit on the hood of my 95 Z/28 during a car show a couple of years ago. My wife noticed the woman and proceeded over and told her to move her fat butt (OK, Tammy wasn't that polite).

The woman got indignant and started to mouth off whereas Tammy ripped into her about respecting other people's stuff and asked if she wanted to replace the aftermarket hood.

I found out later that this woman complained to another show participant and wanted to talk to the club president. The reply, "Well, you just sat on his car."

Don't sit on my cars. I'll kill you. Especially the Cobalt--the rear fenders and hood WILL buckle under pressure. Also I had an ex-girlfirend who sat on the spoiler of my Camaro and snapped it in half. Lesson learned from that, got a '98-'02 SS spoiler (the kind with support braces on either side of the CHMSL) to replace it.

I know what you mean, I don't even let people roll the windows down in the car because people always want to drag their arms (and jewlery) down the side of the car! I don't touch the outside of trunk lid when I close it, I close the doors with the windows. Every time you even touch your car paint you damage it. I am extremely obsessive over my car, if you don't believe me, try me!

I was thinking about a system to combat this....wuire up an automotive battery to a capacitor, run high voltage current to the skin of your car....anytime someone touches it while the system is armed.....they get the $h! shocked out of them.

:lol:

Hmm....

*walks to toolbox*