Choppin' Competition - #24 North American Zeta

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #24!

I've got a feva'...and the only cure...is more Zeta!

A mere three hours after Holden debuted their next-generation VE Commodore, Statesman, and Caprice sedans, we're getting set to make them better...for the American market.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to take one of the four Holden VE sedans and Americanize it as a US General Motors product. Remember that the vehicles we're likely to see are a Pontiac, Buick, or Chevrolet, with the most likely models being Monte Carlo, Impala, G8 (Bonneville/Grand Prix replacement), GTO, Invicta (Buick sedan), or Riviera. The bodystyle you create is up to you.

Size guidelines remain at 800x600, so please size your entry accordingly. Here's the link to the images to get you started:

Holden VE Range

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize and will likely be featured on the Cheers and Gears homepage.

Deadline is Saturday, July 29th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Allright, ...here we GO !!! first IDEA...it may need some fine tuning BUT...

I am NOT gonna even Argue the NAME on this one ....GTO :

Posted Image

167410[/snapback]

I don't argue the name but the grill and headlights should be different. Keep the headlights the same but use a grill like the Woodward GTO concept had. :AH-HA_wink:

OK, try this one then...: :rolleyes:

Posted Image

I plan on doing the entire car for the entry here, once the design is right.

the front end on the GTO is important to get right this time , but the present GTO in spite of al the complaining IS consistent with the Original Tempest LeMans (aka GTO) ;

A real "sleeper" car it was too, looks like aunt mable's Tempest but went like a bat outta hell on fire !!!...same as the present GTO with a 400 HP vette engine !! :ohyeah:

THIS WAS THE "ORIGINAL" MUSCLE CAR ...everything else just followed ;

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

I have worked on a chop but can't get the color correct.  If anyone wants to give some advice here it is:

167983[/snapback]

Looks great. Need the color to match? Easy! Select the area you need to color match and airbrush/gradient over it! :)

I've got a feva'...and the only cure...is more Zeta!

haha, Love that SNL.. "I've got a feva'...and the only cure...is more cowbell!"

Posted Image

Anyway, here's my first chop, a NG Grand Prix (Note: I said first. :P ):

Posted Image

I have worked on a chop but can't get the color correct.  If anyone wants to give some advice here it is:

91z4me, here ya go..considering we were workin the same pix ....

I JUST HAD TO FIX URS, ...a little paint brushing is ALL it needed, so USE THIS ONE if ya want to as your entry, I WILL VOTE FOR YA !!

Posted Image

it's PERFECT !.. I GIVE UP !!........LOL :lol:

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

I JUST HAD TO FIX URS, ...a little paint brushing is ALL it needed, so USE THIS ONE if ya want to as your entry, I WILL VOTE FOR YA  !!

Poor job "fixing" his entry, the color is smeary and doesn't match.

Let him do his own work, he only asked for advice..

ooo, i was looking at someon's request thread for a new commodore chop and then saw the 'lets make it official' post, clicked the link, scanned the chop criteria, and made a monaro. is it ok for me to submit the monaro even though it's not an american product? if so...

Posted Image

Edited by Camaroman22

NOS...I agree with you !...that was my first impression of the SS V as well...it IS a GP

...the right side grille is abit off on it tho bit off on it tho...

168172[/snapback]

Nah, that's just the angle of the pic..

haha, Love that SNL.. "I've got a feva'...and the only cure...is more cowbell!"

Posted Image

168050[/snapback]

I love it!

Maybe I'll actaully make an effort, get off my @$$ and enter a chop this time. :P

First off, welcome to C&G, SS623!

Second, good chop, but add some of your own touches to it! That's the art and beauty of "chopping" is that you can manipulate it to whatever you want, be it good or bad! Use that to your advantage and you'll do quite well.

Ahhhh I'm SO p*ssed right now! I just put like 30-45 mins work into my "big" chop for the competition and as I tried to save (after copying the image), Photoshop shut down on me. Then, I re-opened Photoshop and the copied image won't paste. It didn't even copy. :angry:

dude that sucks but i was just thinking that noone did a caddy or buick chop so i had started a chop hoping it would come out to a buick ( with MS paint) but i didnt get far and it looks more like a pontiac at this point.

this is as far as i am right now should i continue or stop? MS paint remember

it wsa kinda gonna be a GNX but i lost time . . . and no i didnt put in the emblems it takes forever to put em in pixel by pixel blah not gonna spend the time that i wont have later

Posted Image

Posted Image

kinda looks liek a VW the second one to me but i didnt think many would think saturn

these are my entries i guess i may have another i want to put in instead im not submitting mulitple if i can get it done

Edited by mute

well i dont it looks like a nissan sentra i quit im not choppin with paint anymore . . . unless noone else does the el camino

169238[/snapback]

I was thinking about making an El Camino, but didn't really feel like it... Not my type of vehicle. Go ahead and do it!

These chops are looking good, guys. Nos, for yours, your GP, maybe stick the Solstice's fender scallop on instead of the Aussie version, and you need Ventiports on your awesome Buick. Your Chevelle is interesting... but it looks too "Euro" to be a Chevy, imho.

To be totally honest, the cars are crisply tailored and look great as Holdens, but I hope they are all completely reskinned for each US division, even the Pontiacs.

it looks more like a caddilac but i kinda played with your chop a bit and made the grill match the headlights more in my opinion . . . but now pontiacs arent really sharp theyre curvaceous as they say

Posted Image

170078[/snapback]

hey thats OK, I like it ...I have not had any time right now to do more cuz I am building my website at Stingraysstudio.com right now so I hope to have someting else before the deadline, if I can get this programming stuff finished this week !!

ooo, i was looking at someon's request thread for a new commodore chop and then saw the 'lets make it official' post, clicked the link, scanned the chop criteria, and made a monaro.  is it ok for me to submit the monaro even though it's not an american product?  if so...

Posted Image

168347[/snapback]

That.

Is.

HOT!

Buick Gran Sport ;

Posted Image

I need to fix a few details, to tighten it up some...but I have No time right now,...maybe I can get back to this before the deadline ?, but I may not have another chance so I posted it as is.

....made from the Holden SS V sedan. :P

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Buick Gran Sport ;

Posted Image

I need to fix a few details, to tighten it up some...but I have No time right now,...maybe I can get back to this before the deadline ?, but I may not have another chance so I posted it as is.

....made from the Holden SS V sedan. :P

171538[/snapback]

Are you sure that wasn't the current Commodore to begin with? Looks awfully similar to THIS.

Nice job nonetheless.