Come out of the closet...

And tell us what would your clothing style be considered :P

Guess mine would be considered goth/rock seeing how my closet is full of black clothes w/ 95% of it heavy metal band t-shirts, with a few urban clothes and some dress clothes.

Edited by deftonesfan867

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wardrobe consists of automotive t shirts...brown t shirts, and a little few ACDC shirts, with blue jean shorts or Jockey Shorts.., and i have a few lot of Shirts with funny quotes on them... My style is "I dont give a crap", if u dress nice it doesnt matter what you wear.

Kind of mainstream-assorted brands of jeans and cargo pants, graphic t-shirts (a lot of them car-related), a few polos, and shorts every now and again.

Edited by DetroitNut90

Also, I refuse to spend more than $25 on non-dress pants and more than $20 on non-dress shirts. I've never set foot inside an AF nor have I ever purchased anything American Eagle. Anyone that pays $50 for a pair of ratty-ass, shredded jeans is a f@#king moron, IMO.

Also, I refuse to spend more than $25 on non-dress pants and more than $20 on non-dress shirts.  I've never set foot inside an AF nor have I ever purchased anything American Eagle.  Anyone that pays $50 for a pair of ratty-ass, shredded jeans is a f@#king moron, IMO.

171413[/snapback]

My pant usually cost around that much, however it's because I dont buy "normal" pants. Less demand=higher price....and no, theyre not emo pants. :lol:

Edit: I don't have any problem buying and wearing a nice comfortable pair of blue jeans and I also occasionly buy Dickies.

Edited by deftonesfan867

Also, I refuse to spend more than $25 on non-dress pants and more than $20 on non-dress shirts.  I've never set foot inside an AF nor have I ever purchased anything American Eagle.  Anyone that pays $50 for a pair of ratty-ass, shredded jeans is a f@#king moron, IMO.

171413[/snapback]

:wavey:

I'm trying not to buy jeans with holes in them anymore.. just the ones with tears/scrapes/scuffs. I like 'em. Whatever.

Mostly I wear polos (short sleeves mainly), button-ups (long sleeve only), tees, and wifebeaters.

My pant usually cost around that much, however it's because I dont buy "normal" pants. Less demand=higher price....and no, theyre not emo pants. :lol:

171414[/snapback]

Of course they're not emo pants, those can be found at Kmart in the girl's (read: not women's) department for $6.

I mean no offense, even though I said you're a f@#king moron. I just can't see...WHY. But then, I'm not a teenager and comfort/durability matter more than brand names, since I'm not out to impress anyone. :P

Also, when I DO shop at stores like Old Navy I won't get anything with their name on it. I refuse to be a walking billboard.

171413[/snapback]

Haha...those American Eagle ripped jeans are so popular around here. I was even asked by this random guy at school one day why my jeans weren't ripped/torn.

Uhh, maybe because most of the time it looks tacky?

I admit, I have one pair of Old Navy jeans that has two small scrapes, but I didn't notice them when I bought them.

hah i guess im kinda emo but i also have been told by jsut about everyone that i just dress well . . . and casual

ill wear a button up nice drop point collar shirt i have a few boy scout shirts that are tight as $h! (literally and figuratively) that il wear and a lot of tight shirts . . . 2 polos

my pants consist of shorts . . . and a pair of chick pants and a few pairs of pants i bought a few years back at the gap . . . the chick pants fit well theo they fit like a 200 dollar pair of guys jeans but they cost 50 . . . i like em

ive been told i dress like a model . . so meh

I mean no offense, even though I said you're a f@#king moron.  I just can't see...WHY.  But then, I'm not a teenager and comfort/durability matter more than brand names, since I'm not out to impress anyone.  :P

171422[/snapback]

I'm all about comfort. Hollister is one of the only brands that makes jeans that fit me. Therefore, at HCO, I have the choice of faded jeans, faded/scuffed jeans, and faded/scuffed/torn jeans. I pick the middle selection. Typically, each "step up" is a $10 increase. I'll pay the 50, not the 60. Besides, I try to get clothing off ebay.. it's new and typically cheaper. Plus, I don't have to make a run to the mall.

Haha...those American Eagle ripped jeans are so popular around here. I was even asked by this random guy at school one day why my jeans weren't ripped/torn.

Uhh, maybe because most of the time it looks tacky?

I admit, I have one pair of Old Navy jeans that has two small scrapes, but I didn't notice them when I bought them.

171426[/snapback]

I have a pair of Lee Dungarees with a big-ass hole in the knee, but thats because I caught the leg on a protruding nail when standing up one time.

I'm all about comfort. Hollister is one of the only brands that makes jeans that fit me. Therefore, at HCO, I have the choice of faded jeans, faded/scuffed jeans, and faded/scuffed/torn jeans. I pick the middle selection. Typically, each "step up" is a $10 increase. I'll pay the 50, not the 60. Besides, I try to get clothing off ebay.. it's new and typically cheaper. Plus, I don't have to make a run to the mall.

171428[/snapback]

$50 for a pair of jeans... :banghead:

Yeah, I'll stick with JCPenny.

I have a pair of Lee Dungarees with a big-ass hole in the knee, but thats because I caught the leg on a protruding nail when standing up one time.

171432[/snapback]

Yea but now they are worth more than when you bought them :lol:

NOS....may we ask.....are your collars still......*shudder*......popped?

I've always wondered what it would be like to dress like a goth. Or at least have a pair of those baggy pants with all the straps and chains on them. :scratchchin:

171448[/snapback]

I figure its a rather hot existence. They have to be roasting, don't know how they stand it. I'd be all like, "Alright you know what, I dig the black and all, but its 95 degrees in the f@#king shade, I'm putting on a wife-beater and some f@#king Celtics shorts." :pbjtime:

I've always wondered what it would be like to dress like a goth. Or at least have a pair of those baggy pants with all the straps and chains on them. :scratchchin:

171448[/snapback]

Well, you get noticed...lol....but as far as the hot ass Texas weather dictating clothing, I dont care, live here long enough you learn to deal with it.

I dunno what I would be considered...I don't have any ripped jeans, but I want a few pairs and will be getting some this fall most likely...I have a few polos, I wear a lot of shorts...flip flops/converse all stars/pumas are what I wear on my feet...and a $h! load of Tshirts, many bought at Target.

As far as the prices on things, well it depends. Most of what I buy is in the 12-20 range for Ts, 35-40 for shorts and pants. I do spring for a few expensive shirts cuz they are really comfortable...like I have a Camp Beverly Hills T and a couple COEXIST Ts as well as a BOSS T, but most of my Ts come from kohls or target. I've gotten into those track jackets and have a few Le Tigres, and half of my polos are Ralph Lauren Polo brand, with a couple Lacoste and one random brand from Bloomingdales @ Fashion Island.

Most of my jeans are from AE though I have one pair by DKNY, and I have several DKNY button-down shirts I wear regularly.

I really dunno what you'd call it...I look like just about everyone else in SoCal and a lil nicer than most in Indy.

hmm i thought i was at Kensington park. *sigh* i dont understand why people look at me

Edited by capriceman

For me, all car shirts. I also carry at least one car magazine wherever I go. It is what I like and people know me for it. Most people around my school know me for my knowledge of cars, drawing cars, and bringing a magazine wherever I go. My art teacher actually got mad at me because every art project I wanted to do involved cars.

My wardrobe basically consists of clothes bought at WalMart, outlet stores, or given to me. Not because I can't afford it, but because I place almost no emphasis on fashion. I'd much rather spend my money on my car(s).

My closet: 5 CarQuest short sleeve polos, 4 other short sleeve polos for going out occasions, more t-shirts than I can count, 1 black 3-piece suit, one grey dress slacks, blazer, shirt combo, four pairs of comfy jeans, no holes, no rips, just comfy, and about four pairs of zip-off pants. OH yeah, a couple of pairs of khakis. In my dresser drawers are shorts, lots and lots of jean shorts. I'm a "dress comfortably" kinda guy.

Guest YellowJacket894

I guess my oddest wardrobe malfunction is that I buy nothing but Levi's jeans. I've got...about three drawers full of nothing but that one brand of pants. Most of them are boot cut, too. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm wearing right now.

Some of them have holes, too. Big deal. One pair I actually distressed myself; they were an old pair I bought at a yard sale for an Abe Lincoln and I just sat down with a piece of sandpaper I got out of Woodshop and started sanding away at the knees. I ended up doing that to one other pair; the rest are...factory installed and cost thirty big ones to buy.

I never wear dress pants. Never. Not even to a funeral. I hate the way that khakis ride up in the legs like a pair of damn high-waters and how they give you an ugly psuedo-boner when you sit down. Dockers can kiss my white ass. (Second Thought: Okay, I'll wear a pair if they're about...two or three sizes too big. The pleats....take them or leave them, I don't give a $h!. And, yes, I have worn jeans to a funeral although I'd wear a pair of khakis if someone bitched at me long enough.)

As for shirts, I like band t-shirts (ones you buy from places other than Sears, JC Penny, and Goody's), auto t-shirts, nice polos, and a button-up for special occasions.

And I like caps. Baseball caps. Makes my hair look cool.

I don't know what in the f@#k you'd consider my style as...but it sure as hell ain't Emo and way more tasteful than what you buy from the Monopoly Store Chain Second-Hand White Trash Department.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Yeah, Walmart has one style of jeans (regular fit, nothing distressed), one color (standard blue), and they only have like 7 sizes. But what I hate about there jeans the most is that they have no carpenter-style loop on the left leg-my favorite style of jeans.

Guest YellowJacket894

I've discovered a wonderful place for cheap-o's like myself... Steve & Barry's.  Every article of clothing in the store = $7.98.

If I'm going to get a pair of raggy jeans, I at least want the price to match. :lol:

171622[/snapback]

I did it for five dollars, some free sandpaper, and about ten minutes of my time. I saved...two dollars and ninety-eight cents in the process.

I know why Levi's pulled that one commerical where the guy distressed his jeans -- they gave assholes like me tips on saving money.

Most would call me preppy, but I don't feel like I am. Sure my closet is pretty much full of American Eagle, A&F, and Hollister, but I also have a dresser full of freebie t-shirts that I have gotten from here and there that I wear almost 50% of the time. All my jeans are American Eagle as well as my shorts, but that is what I think fits me nice. I don't just buy them becuase they are American Eagle. Plus you can jeans on sale at AE for like 25-30 most of the time. I even wear them to work. I don't care if I paid a little more for them. Hell if they get grease on 'em or something, they will just look like i bought them that way. Some people don't realize that AE really isn't that expensive of a store (A&F and Hollister are on the other hand, but I don't shop there much). The clearance racks are my best friend and other than that I only shop during sales. O well, nice clothes make me feel good about myself, so I'll keep buying them, but I don't think I'm better than anyone else because of it, it's just what I like.

I've discovered a wonderful place for cheap-o's like myself... Steve & Barry's.  Every article of clothing in the store = $7.98.

If I'm going to get a pair of raggy jeans, I at least want the price to match. :lol:

171622[/snapback]

I LOVE S&B's. Its where I shop for a lot of my novel-tees.

Prep.

J.Crew, A&F, Hollister Co., AE.

Love J.Crew.

Edit: Since I would rather not spend tons on my clothes, I turn to eBay for help. Sell my own stuff to get some dough and buy some stuff when I don't have a lot. You should try it.

Edited by sciguy_0504

hah its funny how you can buy things that look good quality and if you dont take care of them it doesnt make a damn bit of difference . . . i just treated my 9 dollar flip flops with saddle soap . . . use it on any leather you have it makes it softer so it wont crack and feels better against skin . . . and it protects it against a lot of weathering and wearing out . . .

also called dubin and such

and i tailor old clothes to fit better sometimes . . . im pretty good with my sewing machine and pins and needles