Come out of the closet...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have about 30 ties, but the only time I've worn any in the last 2 years were job interviews and a wedding.

These days, my corporate wear is khakis (Dockers, Nautica, Ralph Lauren, etc) w/ button down or stayed collar dress shirts (various brands from Dillards, mostly, though I shop Men's Wearhouse or Target occasionally), or polo shirts in summer. Fridays I usually wear Levis or Wranglers jeans w/ polos. Weekends I wear shorts w/ Hawaiian shirts (several Tommy Bahama and other) or polos. I don't wear t-shirts that much anymore, other than at concerts.

I do like wearing black occasionally, but doesn't work too well in the desert heat.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I have a blue tie, a red tie and a maroon clip-on tie I wear whenever I need a tie since I don't know how to tie the other two.

Heh-heh...when I have to wear a tie, I print out instructions and read them as I tie it in front of the bathroom mirror. You'd think that after 20+ years I would have mastered that skill...

'Apparent' quality doesn't mean much- it's the test of time that proves anything.

Bought a more expensive pair of workboots once with quadruple stitching- cheap-assed thread kind of.... dissolved and the panels separated, plus the soles wore faster than usual. I like to find what lasts and buy twice as much so I shop half as often. This includes workboots- I buy 2 pair at once (Wolverine).

I destroy clothes, I cannot keep anything nice for long... theredore I have very little that's nice. But I'm comfortable as hell. I haven't changed this approach in 3 years, or 13, and I doubt I will in the next 30.

Jeans, t-shirts, shorts, workboots, cheap, tough, lasts as long as possible on this chassis.

Mostly I wear polo's and khakis. I will wear button up's if its a little cooler outside. If im going to be drafting (with paper and pencil, a lost art) I have a trusty one piece jump suit. When Im working in the shop or on my cars i have some heavy duty Cintas type pants and shirts. If I'm Driving the Vette or going to a meeting I wear my good suits. I have a couple grand in suits my highest end one is a Brioni with light pinstripes. Its comfortable and flexible and looks amazing. When I get out of the vette with my sunglasses on I give off that "whoa there badass" vibe which is a little self gratifying. Also i still have my Formal army uniform which i wear once in a while to go to parades or if we visit Cemetery's.

What; no covert ops wear details ?? :wink:

what type of environment?

light forest

dense forest

jungle

urban

desert

desert urban

rural

suburban

mountainous

farmland

rolling farmland

etc.

each type requires its own uniform and weapons. also depends on what your doing. (neutralizing, capturing, destroying, surveillance, etc)

So I've decided that since I'm unemployed, I'm going to dress like it. I'm going to get some sweats, some old, worn out Iron Maiden shirts and socks with holes in them.

But really, I got a pair of Levis 501s, and the button-up fly messes with my head when I have to take a leak.

1) Boots of some sort (Harley or Wolverine or Skechers)

2) Designer jeans, blue color range only

3) studded or stamped belt with a 3 chain wallet.

4) Button up solid or pin strip shirt or a t-shirt of a brand that I support (usually automotive or musical) And a majority of my shirts are black.

5) gothic accessories (watch, bracelet, rings, necklace) or real/expensive accessories -- depending on the occasion.

6) CK 'cylinder cut' sunglasses.

Except when I'm working in the yard/on cars (in which case I wear old, $h!ty looking rags) or having to be professional for a job (which usually means suit and tie. I think just a shirt and tie is tacky.)

I don't consider myself trendy, I like to convey 'who I am' via my style. To some it's tacky, (My gay roomate used to make fun of me all of the time for being "tacky" LOL) to others it's cool.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

• 2 years later...

I guess my oddest wardrobe malfunction is that I buy nothing but Levi's jeans. I've got...about three drawers full of nothing but that one brand of pants. Most of them are boot cut, too. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm wearing right now.

Some of them have holes, too. Big deal. One pair I actually distressed myself; they were an old pair I bought at a yard sale for an Abe Lincoln and I just sat down with a piece of sandpaper I got out of Woodshop and started sanding away at the knees. I ended up doing that to one other pair; the rest are...factory installed and cost thirty big ones to buy.

I never wear dress pants. Never. Not even to a funeral. I hate the way that khakis ride up in the legs like a pair of damn high-waters and how they give you an ugly psuedo-boner when you sit down. Dockers can kiss my white ass. (Second Thought: Okay, I'll wear a pair if they're about...two or three sizes too big. The pleats....take them or leave them, I don't give a $h!. And, yes, I have worn jeans to a funeral although I'd wear a pair of khakis if someone bitched at me long enough.)

As for shirts, I like band t-shirts (ones you buy from places other than Sears, JC Penny, and Goody's), auto t-shirts, nice polos, and a button-up for special occasions.

And I like caps. Baseball caps. Makes my hair look cool.

I don't know what in the f@#k you'd consider my style as...but it sure as hell ain't Emo and way more tasteful than what you buy from the Monopoly Store Chain Second-Hand White Trash Department.

I need a time machine so that I can go back and kick my ass.

I guess my oddest wardrobe malfunction is that I buy nothing but Levi's jeans. I've got...about three drawers full of nothing but that one brand of pants. Most of them are boot cut, too. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm wearing right now.

Some of them have holes, too. Big deal. One pair I actually distressed myself; they were an old pair I bought at a yard sale for an Abe Lincoln and I just sat down with a piece of sandpaper I got out of Woodshop and started sanding away at the knees. I ended up doing that to one other pair; the rest are...factory installed and cost thirty big ones to buy.

I never wear dress pants. Never. Not even to a funeral. I hate the way that khakis ride up in the legs like a pair of damn high-waters and how they give you an ugly psuedo-boner when you sit down. Dockers can kiss my white ass. (Second Thought: Okay, I'll wear a pair if they're about...two or three sizes too big. The pleats....take them or leave them, I don't give a $h!. And, yes, I have worn jeans to a funeral although I'd wear a pair of khakis if someone bitched at me long enough.)

As for shirts, I like band t-shirts (ones you buy from places other than Sears, JC Penny, and Goody's), auto t-shirts, nice polos, and a button-up for special occasions.

And I like caps. Baseball caps. Makes my hair look cool.

I don't know what in the f@#k you'd consider my style as...but it sure as hell ain't Emo and way more tasteful than what you buy from the Monopoly Store Chain Second-Hand White Trash Department.

I need a time machine so that I can go back and kick my ass.

Wait until you're 40 or so...