My CTS Was Shipped!

Okay....this was quick. The order went in on 7-10-06 at the dealership (Cadillac of Lynwood, on Long Island.....a friend's store) and it was shipped on 8-4-06 (less than a month.) Estimated to arrive at Tustin Cadillac in Orange County on or before 8-18-06.

2007 CTS "Sport" (mesh grille, 12-spoke polished 18-inch wheels, rocker panel moldings, rear spoiler, unique rear fascia, chrome exhaust tips, performance suspension, steering, and brakes)

MSRP - $40,840

Black Raven/Ebony

LY7 - 3.6L 255hp V6 VVT Engine

MN6 - Transmission, 6 spd manual

AM9 - Seat, rear, split-folding

CF5 - Express open sunroof

U2S - AM/FM stereo, 6-disc CD changer, Bose sound system

Y41 - Luxury package

Does anyone see many of these? I've only seen ONE "Sport" around here. All the other CTSs are base or 17-inch sport packages.

In fact, dealers don't stock the "Sport" very often either. Is it because it's kinda pricey? I don't know.

I know I'm looking forward to it!

LY7  -  3.6L 255hp V6 VVT Engine

MN6  -  Transmission, 6 spd manual

AM9  -  Seat, rear, split-folding

CF5  -  Express open sunroof

U2S  -  AM/FM stereo, 6-disc CD changer, Bose sound system

Y41  -  Luxury package

PUK - Tires, Vogue, gold sidewall

YOY -  Presidential Towne Sedan Package, beige Duracloth top, chromed curb feelers, matching badging (12)

177569[/snapback]

Hmmm...never would've thought.

O.C., are you a leather daddy? :AH-HA_wink:

178044[/snapback]

Nah.....

But I have had this fantasy about a young, hot, leather "daddy" (like say < 30 yrs old) strappin' me up and takin' advantage of me....

:P

Maybe BV could fit that bill? (he may be a bit too young....)

:lol:

Nah.....

But I have had this fantasy about a young, hot, leather "daddy" (like say < 30 yrs old) strappin' me up and takin' advantage of me....

:P

Maybe BV could fit that bill?  (he may be a bit too young....)

:lol:

178448[/snapback]

ewwwwwwwww pervy mcperv :o

PUK - Tires, Vogue, gold sidewall

YOY -  Presidential Towne Sedan Package, beige Duracloth top, chromed curb feelers, matching badging (12)

Okay, the sad thing about this is a neighbor of mine got rid of his Corvette (2002 or 2003) for a new 2005 Caddy STS and the options you listed Fly are on his car! A beautiful car (cream colored) ruined by aftermarket crap. Now another neighbor has a black 2006 STS done the right way - factory stock.

Did you pick it up yet? DId you pick it up yet?!

178968[/snapback]

NO!

:hissyfit:

Estimated date to arrive at the dealership is 8-18 (next Friday.)

I'm of course hoping it hits earlier....but it probably won't make it by this weekend....so hopefully sometime next week.

I've tried calling Cadillac Cust. Assist. to see if they can pull up in the system and tell me if it's.....on a rail car....on a truck....where exactly the car is. When I was a District Manager at Buick, I used to be able to determine ALL of that....but so far, Cadillac's been unhelpful. All they tell me is that it's "In Transit."

OR they say...."Please contact your dealer for more information....."

MN6  -  Transmission, 6 spd manual

177569[/snapback]

RWD, decent passing power & a manual trans? Very cool.

The CTS is a great car. So much better than any

"compact" Cadillac that came before it.

I thought you were going for the 6 speed 5 series?

179375[/snapback]

Well, early on, I was.

That was until I saw the payment.....

:blink:

With the miles I'm going to be putting on the lease, it was looking like ~ $900/month.

The CTS will run me ~ $650/month (with 24K miles per year making the payment alot higher you understand.)

The start-up company I went with is well-funded......I don't forsee any issues.....but I thought since it was so new, I should be more conservative in what I'm paying for a car.....in case something bad happens and I'm stuck with a car payment.......

Maybe in 2-3 years, as everything is (hopefully) going well.....I'll upgrade to something else. I'd REALLY like a 6-series truth-be-told.....

I strongly considered a loaded 330i.....but you know what? It seems that EVERY secretary in Orange Country drives a 3-series.....they are SO commonplace here, that I felt it would be more fun to drive something....."rebellious"......like the CTS.

Plus, I like the car.....especially with this new "Sport" package/model......AND I can get a manual transmission in it! Think of it.....I'll be one of the ONLY people in California with a CTS (non-v-Series) with three peddles!

They're stapling down the vinyl top as we speak.

Posted Image

Hotness

179449[/snapback]

Alas.....OCCarnut and I saw a CTS today outfitted almost EXACTLY like the DTS in your picture.....

:nono:

With a grey-haired old geeser driving it.

However, giving credit where credit is due.....you DO see the occasional CTS here in southern California with a HOT, young dude driving it.

It's like there's no grey-room.....they are either hot and young guys driving CTSs, or they are old geesers.....nothing in-between......

Actually, last year I saw a white LaCrosse with a black vinyl top, white wall tires, and some chrome on it.. it actually looked good all on the white car. I'm not sure about the white wall tires, though, because that's not my thing. But, yeah, it wasn't bad.

It's HERE! It's HERE! It's HERE!

I don't have it yet because I'm waiting on the paperwork from the dealership in New York.....however, I did see it at the dealership.

One thing I'm VERY surprised about is the &#036;h&#33;ty epa ratings......

Didn't someone say that they revised the testing for '07?

The '07 CTS 3.6L with a 6-speed manual is rated at 17/26....(!)....on the window sticker.

That's a really low highway figure for a V6 CTS....and I would have even thought with the 6-speed manual, the sixth gear would be taller than even the one in the 5-speed auto....perhaps even adding some mpg to the highway figure....

Hell.....my C6 is rated at 18/28 (for '06 that is.)

The '07 CTS 3.6L with a 6-speed manual is rated at 17/26....(!)....on the window sticker.

181824[/snapback]

The thing is.... that's pretty much spot on. You *might* get 1 or 2 mpg better.... tops.... if you're gentle.

I get that rating exactly in my '04 3.6 Auto.

edit: Oh.. congrats and welcome to the club.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

Got the car last night.......and what a hell of a vehicle...!

WOW....!

I never imagined how Lexus-like this car has now become......(and I say that in a good way.)

The ride quality is incredible and yet the chassis is so solid, it handles quite crisply.

This car is NOT a BMW......it's still a bit too soft.....even with the 18-inch sport/performance package......but actually the ride-and-handling compromise really suits this car perfectly. While it's soft, it's in no way floaty or wallowy. I actually quite like it.....because the ride is soft, but the structure is REALLY stout.

Combine the ride-and-handling with the performance brakes (that have a nice, firm pedal feel) and the performance steering gear (another nice touch) and you have a superb package that mimics Lexus-like isolation with BMW-like handling and response.

The 3.6L is VERY refined and has an expensive, import-like sound and feel to it. This engine is a PRIME example of why I feel that GM's pushrod V6 engines have lived well past their time.....

The 6-speed manual is a dream to shift with extremely light and short throws and a clutch that's absolutely fool-proof to modulate. This is the way a manual transmission in a luxury car should operate.

LOVE the dial-switch sunroof control.

Bose system sounds INCREDIBLE.

Only true negatives are the absolutely stupid pedal-operated parking brake and the power windows that are auto up and down in front (good) but ONLY auto down in back (lord....let's just make them ALL auto up and down for heavens' sake.)

Also, I agree with the buff mags about the GM-generic tilt steering wheel. First of all, the wheel is a bit big, and there are not enough detents for a comfortable setting. In one case, the wheel is too low and touches my thights. In the next setting up, it's too high for me (I like it lower instead of higher.) And the lack of a telescoping feature is missed too because the wheel does stick out quite a bit far.

Here's to a long-lasting and enjoyable relationship!

I'm going to try to get some cool photos of the car WITH my C6 together and I'll try to get those posted soon.

Glad that you like it!

I was under the impression that the non-auto up rear windows are to prevent pinching little fingers.

184467[/snapback]

That's why some auto-up windows have pinch guard protection...