Chris_Doane

Well, being that your a Dodge fan, youre just accustomed to ugly styling, weird proportions, and cheap looking presentation. Especially since even the Charger is better looking. I'll admit the front and rear aren't bad, but everything inbetween just ruins it. It's like the Aveo in how it sits on the wheels; a body way too big for the wheelbase. Those wheels look like piddly 15 inchers. The fender flares just add to that look. Then you have that dogleg in the c-pillar. Like a Grand Prix, but even worse looking. Odd proportions? Yeah. Ane you wanna talk about an awkward front end? Someone here said it best, it looks like it could have come straight off a Dakota... if the newer one werent so damn ugly. But cheap? Looks like a Hot Wheels car come to like... even comes riced from the factory, like a 90's Pontiac! Every design aspect of it has its own molded line. Sexy? Goodlooking? Hell no. Cheap? You betch your ass it is. The panel gaps, though... pretty much sums up that youre either just blind, blindly loyal, or blindly check out vehicles. Hell, I agree with Reg... For that to happen, a vehicle has to be pretty bad.

190121[/snapback]

Someone seems high and mighty like he knows everything, and that you're sole purpose has been to bash Chrysler products, since that's all I ever see from you. If you wanna talk awkward and don't ant it to backfire on you you should leave the Grand Prix, especially in GXP form where the front tires are wider than the rears...don't get much more awkward than that. Plus that car looks ugly from the rear and a bit overdone in the front. Sure, I'll agree with you that the Dakota ain't pretty, and that a lot of Chrysler's interiors have been cheap as of late, but since you can't even see the interior I would hardly call it cheap. 15"s? Are you blind? Those have got to be at least 17"s but since it's an R/T they are probably 18"s Sure they could be a bit larger, but they aren't 15"s. The only panel that looks a bit off is the left side of the trunk where it meets the tail lights. But it is preproduction and the preproduction Aura's had misalligned trim panels that the productions versions don't have. Let's also not forget that, at least the photso I found, aren't the best quality photos, and the pixelation can blur some of the lines. And you say I'm accustomed to "ugly styling and weird proportions"? I seem to recall you lusting after an ugly-ass 3-series not too long ago.

Yeah I'm sure the G6 for example is far better with it's awkward front end, 80's panel gaps (also judging from these pics the Avenger's gaps look pretty damn small), bad stance and Japanese wannabe styling.

Reg wouldn't know good styling if it ran him over. I recall you owning a 500 and if I remember right..an Aztek? :P

190056[/snapback]

my choices were budget driven; i'm not made of money. but no way in hell would i pay asking price for something as ugly as a charger OR AN AVENGER.

i'd rather look at rosie o donnell exercising in yellow spandex than look at this avenger.

Edited by regfootball

Nope, I see quite clearly, and the G6 coupe is even worse with it's odd proportions.

190105[/snapback]

the G6 coupe is gorgeous. This, on the other hand, is a steaming pile of Chryslerturd.

Can't wait to see how NASTY the interior plastic is.

apparently the only way Dodoge can distinguish its styling in the marketplace these days is to slap a pickup truck front end on its cars.

Edited by regfootball

the G6 coupe is gorgeous.  This, on the other hand, is a steaming pile of Chryslerturd.

Can't wait to see how NASTY the interior plastic is.

190433[/snapback]

I don't but hey to each his own. IMO everything in the Pontiac lineup save the Solctice is lame or odd looking. (GTO awesome car but lame styling, Torrent Ok styling but lame engine and interior, Grand Prix, G6 lame both inside and out...if only it looked like the concept). As for the interior, supposedly this and the Sebring are to have a greater emphasis on materials...so I'll hold judgement for now.

Personally, I'm still not sure I like the Sebring, but this car I like a lot.

i'd rather look at rosie o donnell exercising in yellow spandex than look at this avenger.

190431[/snapback]

Thanks for that... I appreciate it... Now excuse me while I bludgeon my skull and drink kool-ade flavoured bleach.

... But before I do! I kinda warmed up to this thing. At least it makes a statement of sorts, unlike many other cars in the segment, and to me that does matter.

Line it up with competitive powertrains and this should sell nicely.

Oh, and I'm kinda with Dodge on the G6. I like the coupe, but I never cared much for the G6 sedan... it just looks kinda awkward to me...

Now off to find my Louisville Slugger.

Thanks for that... I appreciate it... Now excuse me while I bludgeon my skull and drink kool-ade flavoured bleach.

... But before I do! I kinda warmed up to this thing. At least it makes a statement of sorts, unlike many other cars in the segment, and to me that does matter.

Line it up with competitive powertrains and this should sell nicely.

Oh, and I'm kinda with Dodge on the G6. I like the coupe, but I never cared much for the G6 sedan... it just looks kinda awkward to me...

Now off to find my Louisville Slugger.

190441[/snapback]

Yeah, weather you hate the car or love it, the Avenger stands out in the midsize segment, and that alone will attract buyers. Isn't it supposed to get the same powertrain options as the Sebring? If so then they'll be pretty good.

I like the couple from the rear 3/4th a lot, just teh sedan nose doesn't work with the rest of the body to me...

Someone seems high and mighty like he knows everything, and that you're sole purpose has been to bash Chrysler products, since that's all I ever see from you. If you wanna talk awkward and don't ant it to backfire on you you should leave the Grand Prix, especially in GXP form where the front tires are wider than the rears...don't get much more awkward than that. Plus that car looks ugly from the rear and a bit overdone in the front. Sure, I'll agree with you that the Dakota ain't pretty, and that a lot of Chrysler's interiors have been cheap as of late, but since you can't even see the interior I would hardly call it cheap. 15"s? Are you blind? Those have got to be at least 17"s but since it's an R/T they are probably 18"s Sure they could be a bit larger, but they aren't 15"s. The only panel that looks a bit off is the left side of the trunk where it meets the tail lights. But it is preproduction and the  preproduction Aura's had misalligned trim panels that the productions versions don't have. Let's also not forget that, at least the photso I found, aren't the best quality photos, and the pixelation can blur some of the lines. And you say I'm accustomed to "ugly styling and weird proportions"? I seem to recall you lusting after an ugly-ass 3-series not too long ago.

190430[/snapback]

Hah... someone seems a little sensitive. My sole purpose isn't to bash Chrysler products. Only the cheap, ugly, and downright $h!ty ones. It's not my fault that happens to include most of them. I love the Magnum. The Charger isn't half bad either. As for the Grand Prix, I didn't say it was a work of art. I just said the Avenger's dogleg isn't any better than its. Meaning, both being awkward, smart one. Now, to bring up the front wheels being wider than the rears; that has a purpose FYI, unlike the Avenger's awkwardness. Anywho... as for being cheap, did I mention the interior? Nope. And the wheels... did I say they were 15"s? Nope. They look like it, however, under that huge ass, awkward looking body. But yeah, you're accustomed to it, being a Dodge fan and all. As for that 3-series... RWD, 4cyl, 5spd man., coupe... No... could it be that there are other reasons for wanting a car? Oh wait... I'm talking to a Dodge fan. :D

I don't but hey to each his own. IMO everything in the Pontiac lineup save the Solctice is lame or odd looking. (GTO awesome car but lame styling, Torrent Ok styling but lame engine and interior, Grand Prix, G6 lame both inside and out...if only it looked like the concept). As for the interior, supposedly this and the Sebring are to have a greater emphasis on materials...so I'll hold judgement for now.

190439[/snapback]

Hah... someone seems a little sensitive. My sole purpose isn't to bash Chrysler products. Only the cheap, ugly, and downright $h!ty ones. It's not my fault that happens to include most of them. I love the Magnum. The Charger isn't half bad either. As for the Grand Prix, I didn't say it was a work of art. I just said the Avenger's dogleg isn't any better than its. Meaning, both being awkward, smart one. Now, to bring up the front wheels being wider than the rears; that has a purpose FYI, unlike the Avenger's awkwardness. Anywho... as for being cheap, did I mention the interior? Nope. And the wheels... did I say they were 15"s? Nope. They look like it, however, under that huge ass, awkward looking body. But yeah, you're accustomed to it, being a Dodge fan and all. As for that 3-series... RWD, 4cyl, 5spd man., coupe... No... could it be that there are other reasons for wanting a car? Oh wait... I'm talking to a Dodge fan. :D

190484[/snapback]

You mentioned the looked like 15s, and they don't.

That is the ugliest 3-series BMW every made, the real coupe or the sedan are far better looking (except the new sedan, the coupe is better).

So I'm accustomed to awkward cars am I? So I guess that makes the Z06, Sky, GT, Viper, and GT500 awkward too? since I like those and I am quite accustomed to them.

i dont like it.. too much of the same... almost like DCX took all their recent designs, tossed them in a blender and hoped for the best, unfortunately... the best did not happen...

oh and Dodgefan... you need to chill man... not everyone is going to like the designs as much as you do... you cant attack people simply because they have a different opinion than you... grow up

You mentioned the looked like 15s, and they don't.

That is the ugliest 3-series BMW every made, the real coupe or the sedan are far better looking (except the new sedan, the coupe is better).

So I'm accustomed to awkward cars am I? So I guess that makes the Z06, Sky, GT, Viper, and GT500 awkward too? since I like those and I am quite accustomed to them.

190606[/snapback]

Yes they do. They look tiny under that body.

Did I ever say otherwise? As I said, there are other reasons than styling for wanting a car. Being a Dodge fan and all you should know that since only 10% of them are good looking.

What does that have to do with anything? Just because I said that being a Dodge fan makes you accustomed to awkward designs, doesnt mean liking other vehicles than Dodges makes them automatically awkward.

But yeah... someone's a little sensitive. :D

i dont like it.. too much of the same... almost like DCX took all their recent designs, tossed them in a blender and hoped for the best, unfortunately... the best did not happen...

oh and Dodgefan... you need to chill man... not everyone is going to like the designs as much as you do... you cant attack people simply because they have a different opinion than you... grow up

190613[/snapback]

He does... but then again... Im not all that innocent either. :P

Posted Image

190044[/snapback]

Maybe if someone did a "chop" where it looked more like the widebodies of the early 90s (hopefully someone has a real idea of what I'm talking about). Bring the rear character line into the flaring of the fender, making one big fender box (sorry, I'm not that great at describing styling in words)

Or better yet, keep the flares, but kill the droop of the character line in favor of a standard beltline, similar to the IS350 (or, hmmm....GRAND PRIX?). Then it works.

As is, I like the rear end, but the whole car is too butch in the wrong way. I'd much rather have seen DCX try to translate the 300 into the Sebring than the already controversial Charger into the Avenger.

Oh well now, it's here and they're stuck with it for four years. I'd fire the meth addict who designed it and somehow got it OKed.

Edited by LosAngeles

IMO everything in the Pontiac lineup save the Solctice is lame or odd looking. (GTO awesome car but lame styling, Torrent Ok styling but lame engine and interior, Grand Prix, G6 lame both inside and out...if only it looked like the concept). As for the interior, supposedly this and the Sebring are to have a greater emphasis on materials...so I'll hold judgement for now.

190439[/snapback]

This is my first time ever seeing you post here, and you sound like a fanboy.

Objectively speaking, the Pontiacs are all far better executed, and each translate to the size of car that they are quite well. The Avenger comes off about as overwrought as the Kia Amanti, with cues that really only work on something a lot bigger....reminds me of the old Takara Penny Racers toys, or Ed Roth's Rat Fink drawings.

Manufacturer rivalry is healthy, but with JAPAN breathing down our collective necks, maybe we should align ourselves against them, not each other.

I like this Dodge. I like the G6. I see no reason to tear either of them down to defend the other. They're just different.

Manufacturer rivalry is healthy, but with JAPAN breathing down our collective necks, maybe we should align ourselves against them, not each other.

I like this Dodge.  I like the G6.  I see no reason to tear either of them down to defend the other.  They're just different.

191717[/snapback]

Good point.

However, what do you do when you don't like the G6 or the Avenger? :lol:

I don't think this car is hideous, except for the Chargeresque Cpillar,rear door, and rear quarter. It's no standout, but the front is attractive to a point, the rear is ok(if a little generic) and the profile would be somewhat attractive if the Charger influence was deleted. Yeah, the proportions are off and the bumpers are too big and the wheels look too small, but it's just an average sedan so average looks are not a major crisis. Tone down some of the nastier bits and you have a passable and contemporary sedan.

As for the G6, I still freakin hate it. The concept showed so much promise, none of which was delivered with the production car. The hardtop vert looks especially awful with the top down. It's almost as ugly as a Lexus vert.

:puke:

I am really looking forward to the day the G6 (and the inane G# naming scheme) are both history.

I'd like to see a profile shot..it looks like the proportions are pretty good, with less of the usual FWD front overhang...

The styling is very Dodge, and will fit in nicely between the Caliber and Charger, I think...