Chris_Doane

The huge dogleg doesn't jibe well at all. Maybe if the rear window continued the fender line, but then it would look even more like a Buick sweapspear than it does now.

The front end is pretty overwrought and sticks out a LOT.

Also, DCX shouldn't be allowed to have more than one exhaust pipe if they have no idea how to mount them in a decent-looking way. Cutouts would make the rear very appealing and less tall, but yee-Gods...

The huge dogleg doesn't jibe well at all. Maybe if the rear window continued the fender line, but then it would look even more like a Buick sweapspear than it does now.

The front end is pretty overwrought and sticks out a LOT.

Also, DCX shouldn't be allowed to have more than one exhaust pipe if they have no idea how to mount them in a decent-looking way. Cutouts would make the rear very appealing and less tall, but yee-Gods...

189230[/snapback]

Once again the sweepspear was the sweeping "spear" of chrome along the side of some Buicks, not the windowline mirroring the shape of the fender which was common to many cars around the world in the '50s and '60s.

Guest YellowJacket894

I think it looks pretty darn good. Looks like a swan next to a Camry or it's first cousin, the Sebring.

But the Malibu will probably steal the Avenger's limelight after it debuts. It's a pretty bold design, too.

Is it just me, or is the interior from the...Caliber? :blink::unsure:

I don't like it. It has the same, chunky, bulging, overwrought features as the Caliber, but with a stump of a trunk at the very end and the Charger-style dogleg in the rear quarter panel. I know it's supposed to look all muscular and taut, but to me it looks like an overweight girl squeezed into a teeny pair of jeans.

Ah, well. Perhaps, like the Charger, it will look better in person.

that car makes the camry look like an Audi.

holy crap that car is f'ed up looking.  just downright UGLEE.  A definite 2 bagger......

189280[/snapback]

I think it's quite HOT.....

:AH-HA_wink:

At least no one can complain of badge engineering between the Sebring and the Avenger.

Dodge should have a winner with this. Hopefully it will be a great drive as well.

New Malibu can not come too soon.......

When looking at the third image that displays just the front-driver quarter region, I get the impression that I'm looking at a hot Dakota Sport 2WD pickup. I also agree that, while the front overhang isn't as terrible as a W-Body, it's still pushing it.

Overall, it definitely removes the 'cute' from the small-to-midsize car. I have to agree that the rear-quarter fender work is a little much. It looks like it's been forced into the tiny space made-available.

Overall, I'd say it's not too shabby.

189230[/snapback]

If they had cutouts, then they would either have to have two diferent rear clips, or single exhaust vehicles with an unused cutout......as there will be a single exhaust version 2.4L I-4.

If they had cutouts, then they would either have to have two diferent rear clips, or single exhaust vehicles with an unused cutout......as there will be a single exhaust version 2.4L I-4.

189453[/snapback]

That's what the Aura has. The XE has a single cutout and the XR has two.

I could use without that unusual C-pillar. Looks sloppy the way they designed it for this car. The rest is alright. This certainly won't set the segment on fire.. but people who buy mid-size family sedans don't buy them for style. So this should sell fairly well.

That overhang is huge though.

Oh.. and it's much better then the Sebring. DCX design lately has been hit and miss.

Edited by Cadillacfan

My god... what a mess. The front is alright, the rear isnt half bad either even if a bit plain... but that entire mid section... from the greenhouse, beltline shoulder, c-pillar upsweep, gargantuan fender flares, and overall chunkiness of the design make for one huge batch of ugliness. DCX must be hiring Chinese designers.

At first glance, I was ready to agree with the majority here. After studying it for a while though, it all sort of comes together nicely. I like it. It is a successful little brother to the Charger. I hope that wing is deletable.

Its nice to see a styling renaissance upon the mid-size, front-drive sedan. I like this a lot-a little Stratusesque, Caliber and most certainly Charger here and there-I think and hope it will sell, and hopefully SE/SXT will be available with the V-6.

I can't see any of the pics...I wanna see what the car looks like :(

Edit: W00t! I found some pics...and I gotta say the car looks great, much better than the Sebring. Very nicely done, and sorta like a mix between the old Stratus and the Charger. I love it, I don't even need to warm up to it's styling like I did the Charger :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:thumbsup:

Edited by Dodgefan

MUCH better cohesiveness than the Sebring, but still suffers from now-typical Chrysler styling woes: big ass bumpers, poor stance, and mid-90s quality panel gaps and surface execution.  Translation: cheap.

189990[/snapback]

Yeah I'm sure the G6 for example is far better with it's awkward front end, 80's panel gaps (also judging from these pics the Avenger's gaps look pretty damn small), bad stance and Japanese wannabe styling.

because people are calling DCX and protesting how ugly it is

189959[/snapback]

Reg wouldn't know good styling if it ran him over. I recall you owning a 500 and if I remember right..an Aztek? :P

Edited by Dodgefan

I love the front but the 3/4 design gets lost in translation from large RWD sedan to midsize FWD sedan. The rear end is alright, nothing really special about it, but the 3/4 looks squished and, IMO, does not flow with the rest of the car. It looks weak and frail compared to the tough front clip. The C pillar trim has to go, too. Overall, the car looks plastic-y for some reason. I guess it's the photo but it kind of appears to be a blown up 1/18 die cast car.

Well, being that your a Dodge fan, youre just accustomed to ugly styling, weird proportions, and cheap looking presentation. Especially since even the Charger is better looking. I'll admit the front and rear aren't bad, but everything inbetween just ruins it. It's like the Aveo in how it sits on the wheels; a body way too big for the wheelbase. Those wheels look like piddly 15 inchers. The fender flares just add to that look. Then you have that dogleg in the c-pillar. Like a Grand Prix, but even worse looking. Odd proportions? Yeah. Ane you wanna talk about an awkward front end? Someone here said it best, it looks like it could have come straight off a Dakota... if the newer one werent so damn ugly. But cheap? Looks like a Hot Wheels car come to like... even comes riced from the factory, like a 90's Pontiac! Every design aspect of it has its own molded line. Sexy? Goodlooking? Hell no. Cheap? You betch your ass it is. The panel gaps, though... pretty much sums up that youre either just blind, blindly loyal, or blindly check out vehicles. Hell, I agree with Reg... For that to happen, a vehicle has to be pretty bad.

Guest YellowJacket894

I think my mom is going to buy either this or a G6.

Should make for some interesting car shopping this fall. (The Avenger does debut this fall. . .correct?)