How many wash their own vehicle?

XM DUDE

I always wash my car. I wouldn't say that other people don't care as much - I worked as a detailer over the summer and I certainly cared that the customer's vehicle was spotless for delivery, and it would have been the same way if they were just getting it detailed. The person is getting paid to clean your vehicle, so they better care how good it looks, if they don't and do a poor job you aren't going to be taking the vehicle back to them.

Yo!

I just finished washing my truck half an hour ago!

Coming from experience, I don't let other people wash it.

When I was in the school band, we did a charity car wash. Because I love cars, I actually spent time washing this dudes truck, but before I could even rinse out his wheel wells, they had to move him out... It was streaky, he still had dust on his left sid eand hood... and he had to pay for it.

This pretty much happened all day. There were always incomplete jobs rolling out the lot... And most people just lost interest after 4 cars and started messing around.

I've actually paid charities to NOT wash my car, instead just giving them cash knowing it goes to a good cause.

I wash both...I find that i do a more detailed job then a car wash...plus i have my own special techniques...

The secret to headlights that begin to fog/turn yellow on the outside and for black trim that turns dull or that spilt oil look: use patrolium jelly...rub it on and all the black trim shines like new and the headlights come out clear.

I go to one of those brushless type car washes...yes, with a COUPON. I just don't have the time to do the washes myself anymore.

However, when it comes to the biennial wax job and chrome polish, etc., I do that myself.

In the summer, I always wash/wash/clean the interior of my cars. The only time others wash my cars are at the MC Nationals ... when people generally are helpful....

I also clean out my parents' Cavalier and (if time permits) my sister's S-10 as well as our neighbor's Lumina.

In the winter, my daily driver (currently my '87 MC LS, tho I'm searching for something else) does see the inside of a car wash ... touchless only.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Beginning to think that I'm wasting time" ... Dobie Gray ... 'Drift Away'

I wash the Honda when I realise that it's beige rather than fuschia (oh pardon me, "Camellia Red Metallic"). I take it to a place in West Hollywood that I can wash it for two dollars. It's about as important as emptying the toaster of crumbs- maintenance, not love.

I have a vehicle with that will need a paint job soon and I'm still protective of it! Haha... so yeah, only I wash my own vehicle. I don't do it often, though, since it's pretty much pointless. Once it gets its much needed paint job... things'll change.

191998[/snapback]

:withstupid:

I usually wash my own vehicle, but i use the high-pressure stalls too. You can spray on a nice, shiny coat of wax like nothing else on those things, and it's just as good, with less elbow grease.

But i will not run it though one of those automated deals. aside from the fact that they can never get the job done right, I'm afraid that the scrubbers'll snap off the spoiler or antenna.

Hotwire? I dont even pump my own gas.

When I do wash my car I do it myself about 75% of the time, the rest I just run through a touchless carwash. I've learned thats its useless trying to keep a red car clean, so I've pretty much quit bothering. I swear, my next car will be a color that doesn't show dirt so much. I've said that before, butyou know, circumstances...

I take my Jeep through a regular car wash (at 6 yrs old, 75k miles, it's too old to care about keeping spotless--too many scratches and rock chips are there) as it needs it and get it hand waxed twice a year..I vacuum it out as needed. My M3 I take to a gourmet car wash and get it hand-waxed and the interior detailed twice a year or so..ten years old, and it still looks great.

If I had a normal garage (rather than parking spaces in a shared underground one as I have now) I would do it myself (which I used to do when I had a normal garage). When I move to the 'burbs, I'll start washing and waxing my cars myself again probably..

I don't view washing my car as a chore. 

It's actually something I look forward to doing.

He he he...I'm the EXACT same way ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Get the word out" ... Collective Soul ... 'Feeling Better Now'