Pontiac Wave sedan

A few pictured from the Barrie autoshow in Ontario. Taken by polish_kris.

Here is the new Wave sedan, available only in Canada and Mexico (as the G3) for now.

It blows the Toyota Yaris out of the water in terms of interior design and refinement. Despite being a Chevy Aveo clone, it has unique guages that glow red, different instrument pod, metal-like trim, different wheels, and all-red tail lights, lending it a sportier look.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

after further inspection, I have 3 gripes:

The temperature knob

The air flow knob

The dead button

The first two should have been the same button (slightly different sizes maybe?) as the fan speed button...same design at least.

The dead button just shouldn't be there.

after further inspection, I have 3 gripes:

The temperature knob

The air flow knob

The dead button

The first two should have been the same button (slightly different sizes maybe?) as the fan speed button...same design at least.

The dead button just shouldn't be there.

194387[/snapback]

I don't agree about the blank. It's there for symmetry.

It should be used as the "Croc Eject" button. A very useful purpose. :AH-HA_wink:

I like these taillights much better than the so-last-week chromed Aveo housings. The Aveo should have had these lights, and the Wave could have had smoked lenses to differentiate it.

The interior is very nice, more attractive than the Cobalt's, imo.

Um...I know why it's there...but DO SOMETHING WITH IT instead od just being blank.  Looks cheap!

194396[/snapback]

Dude. Its a $12,000 car. Hyundai's $30k+ Azera has two dead panels. Bitch about that.

Anyway, Yaris what? They should be fighting with each other because they can't compete with this.

Ya I drove the new Wave, and the gauges are nice red now  8)

194408[/snapback]

Yay. :P

Dude. Its a $12,000 car. Hyundai's $30k+ Azera has two dead panels. Bitch about that.

Anyway, Yaris what? They should be fighting with each other because they can't compete with this.

194462[/snapback]

Yeah... my Millenia has a few of those, but then again... its almost 12 years old now.

As for the Yaris.... Atleast its body fits its wheels. :D

194462[/snapback]

See, I'm not biased so I bitch about all dead panels. I don't care if it's a $12,000 car. It doesn't cost $$$ to design a center stack that doesn't need a dead panel.

I checked several sites, and not a single shot shows any icon on that dead panel. If anyone can verify, I almost think that there isn't an option there...it's just a black plastic circle in the design...tacky. Put a dash speaker there or something...

Put a dash speaker there or something...

194542[/snapback]

Just like that $h!box Azera. Again, I can accept it somewhat on an economy car. I'm sure something does go there. In any case, the hazard lamp button needs to be placed back on the steering column like it was for use. Its one of the least-used ugliest buttons usually stuck square in the middle of the dash.

Also, BV, the Yaris is also too big for its wheels. The sedans look especially awkward. In fact, many cars today seem to have dinky wheels, like the M3/45 and the Passat.

See, I'm not biased so I bitch about all dead panels.  I don't care if it's a $12,000 car.  It doesn't cost $$$ to design a center stack that doesn't need a dead panel.

I checked several sites, and not a single shot shows any icon on that dead panel.  If anyone can verify, I almost think that there isn't an option there...it's just a black plastic circle in the design...tacky.  Put a dash speaker there or something...

194542[/snapback]

:withstupid: Atleast with my Millenia, it's because I don't have the added options of the Millenia S.

Just like that $h!box Azera. Again, I can accept it somewhat on an economy car. I'm sure something does go there. In any case, the hazard lamp button needs to be placed back on the steering column like it was for use. Its one of the least-used ugliest buttons usually stuck square in the middle of the dash.

Also, BV, the Yaris is also too big for its wheels. The sedans look especially awkward. In fact, many cars today seem to have dinky wheels, like the M3/45 and the Passat.

194549[/snapback]

I like dash mounted hazard buttons.

As for the Yaris. Not nearly as bad as the Aveo. And those others... Stop smoking pot. :P

GM can't just match the competition, they have to exceed it if they wanna win back sales. And designing a dead panel into the dash is something that makes an economy car feel cheap, detracts from the design, and would have likely been cheaper had the plastic surround not needed to be cut to make room for it.

It's little things, little details that impress.

As empowah said about the 2007 Navigator's headlights...they just look "designed" instead of placed. DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS!!!

The 3 door Yaris is still decent, imo.  I wish the Aveo came in a 3 door.  Vipes, I hate to tell ya, but the Yaris looks big for its wheels too.  Your pictures prove it.  It's no better than the Aveo.

194577[/snapback]

They do, but they just don't sell it here. They have 3-door Kaloses in the UK. They even have a Sport model, which I think looks hot.

http://www.chevrolet.co.uk/models/kalos_3d/t2_index_0.htm

I just don't get why GM keeps on saying "people don't want this". Much like Dell with AMD.

Edited by ToniCipriani

They do, but they just don't sell it here. They have 3-door Kaloses in the UK. They even have a Sport model, which I think looks hot.

I just don't get why GM keeps on saying "people don't want this". Much like Dell with AMD.

194632[/snapback]

I really don't understand why they just didn't give the Aveo those headlights in the first place.

194632[/snapback]

I find it kind of funny that the company we North American's know of as "Chevrolet" is often associated with Camaro's, Corvette's and Malibu's... and in the rest of the world save perhaps the Middle East, Chevy is the badge applied to dowdy ol' Daewoo's...

Edited by Captainbooyah

Here's a theory about the dead button.

The dash looks like it would swap from LHD to RHD pretty easily. If you were to swap the steering wheel, would it not also make sense to flip all the controls (including the hazard light button) to the other side of the car?

194749[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking...but then why not just design the center stack with a single, centered place for the hazard light? Having a dead plate in any car, economy or luxury, looks fricken cheap.

As for the Passat, take a look at one with stock wheels.

194593[/snapback]

Um... those are stock wheels. :lol:

I too have issues with the M styling...I prefer the Q.

194629[/snapback]

Heh, me too. The M is my least favorite Infiniti sedan. I was just making a point. :P

194632[/snapback]

I always wondered that as well... especially the better looking headlights and fascias and such.

Here's a theory about the dead button.

The dash looks like it would swap from LHD to RHD pretty easily. If you were to swap the steering wheel, would it not also make sense to flip all the controls (including the hazard light button) to the other side of the car?

194749[/snapback]

That's why my Millenia has a certain dead button. The other's for a missing option.

I find it kind of funny that the company we North American's know of as "Chevrolet" is often associated with Camaro's, Corvette's and Malibu's... and in the rest of the world save perhaps the Middle East, Chevy is the badge applied to dowdy ol' Daewoo's...

194692[/snapback]

But the Middle East gets rebadged Commodores as well... which a LOT of the people here want.

194632[/snapback]

Dell is stupid, plus they suck hard. AMD is far superior to Intel, both in performance and cost. Back to the topic at hand.

Not bad, but tacky for Pontiac to have such a vehicle.  I know Canada laws make GM do weird things, but that's just not good for Pontiacs long term image.

194803[/snapback]

Well GM Canada has had rebadged Chevys as Pontiacs forever and ago. Seems that the 'long term image' hasn't hurt it. Had PMD versions of Vega, Chevette, Metro, and Nova.

And what is so bad about a nice compact sedan in this day and age? Pontiac is not 'just muscle cars'.

I too like this better than the Aveo.  Classier, even though they are just a few random changes...they do add up.

194340[/snapback]

Ditto.