Sign in to follow this  
GMan

SPIED! 2008 Pontiac Vibe

34 posts in this topic

Intrepidation    848

I always did like the Vibe. Although it's hard to tell with all the camo, the back looks like it has a little Caliber influence.

Edited by Dodgefan

Northstar    11

I can't tell much, but I do get a slight Toyota vibe from the styling on the side... but again it could just be the camo, so we'll see.

csaba1218    0

I can't tell much, but I do get a slight Toyota vibe from the styling on the side... but again it could just be the camo, so we'll see.

203969[/snapback]

The toyota influence may be because the first Vibe was kind of the twin of the Toyota Matrix i don't know if they teamed up on this one too, but i kind of think it's looks if not dimensions are very similar to the Caddy SRX although it is hard to tell much about it with all that camo.

Yeah the 2008 Vibe was slated to again be paired with the Toyota Matrix. These pictures are just big, but it will probably be similar in size to the current model and Dodge Caliber-which if Pontiac Vibe wants to stay alive and get its Vibe back (which it lost after about 2004), it'll need to have Caliber's good styling points, such as the rear roofline for example.

Intrepidation    848

The toyota influence may be because the first Vibe was kind of the twin of the Toyota Matrix i don't know if they teamed up on this one too, but i kind of think it's looks if not dimensions are very similar to the Caddy SRX although it is hard to tell much about it with all that camo.

203971[/snapback]

I think they did a good job making the first Vibe different (and better looking) than the Matrix. I bet it shares platforms again.

Flybrian    0

What the Vibe really needs is a selection of Ecotecs and better drivetrain combinations. Its extrodinarily disappointing to realize the only way to get the 'best' 1.8l is to get the GT with a stixk only and several thousand added to the price tag. Any variation of Toyota's 1.8l is a waste of everyone's time.

regfootball    250

What the Vibe really needs is a selection of Ecotecs and better drivetrain combinations. Its extrodinarily disappointing to realize the only way to get the 'best' 1.8l is to get the GT with a stixk only and several thousand added to the price tag. Any variation of Toyota's 1.8l is a waste of everyone's time.

203981[/snapback]

agreed. this looks like a reskin to me, also.

pow    106

203981[/snapback]

The Vibe isn't powerful, but it's the most fuel-efficient car that GM sells.

Flybrian    0

The Vibe isn't powerful, but it's the most fuel-efficient car that GM sells.

204100[/snapback]

I'll sacrifice two MPG for an engine that isn't a pile.

Guest YellowJacket894   
Guest YellowJacket894

In one photo, it appears Pontiac may actually be ditching the tiny, BMW-esque kidney grilles for some real dual-ports. The headlamps remind me of the Nissan Quest and the beltline is definitely influenced by the G6. The dimentions also look similar to the current car, and the roofline appears to be similar to the current Matrix.

We'll see this when -- Detriot? The car looks pretty nice, and I actually can't wait to see what this product looks like and how it's differentiated from it's probably dowdy and ugly Toyota cousin. I also hope to see a real engine underhood instead of some underpowered blender motor.

daves87rs    349

Fly-I think the new Vibe is getting the new engine from toyota in the 08 rollas'..

It doesn't look at all bad....

Though the camo hides it pretty well..

I wonder when it's due out?

Guest YellowJacket894   
Guest YellowJacket894

It looks like a Pontiac under the camo.

What is that thing, Chris? And why is the camo cut out like a Pontiac, especially in the front-end? :unsure:

thegriffon    5

agreed.  this looks like a reskin to me, also.

203998[/snapback]

That is to be expected since Toyota isn't changing the platform for this generation Corolla (they usually do that every second model change).

thegriffon    5

It looks like a Pontiac under the camo.

What is that thing, Chris? And why is the camo cut out like a Pontiac, especially in the front-end? :unsure:

204207[/snapback]

Why would GM have the camo cut out like that if it was a Pontiac? I can see why LLN or Lehmann think it is a Vibe, but there is something else familiar about it as well. Can't place it though.

PurdueGuy    72

very effective camo job. I can see this not being the Vibe, though it's hard to tell. I can't tell if there is a break in the grill behind that triangular camo piece or not.

Mr.Krinkle    0

it looks like a g*d@mned armadillo! how can you tell a blessed thing about it.

although i do understand the caddy comments, something about it...but it looks like it could be a honda crx, too. really nice camo...hmmm what could they be hiding...

sciguy_0504    0

The front appears to look more substantial and sporty but, like has been mentioned, this is probably a basic reskin.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this