Holden Efijy heading for Detroit?

Posted Image\

Holden's award-winning Efijy hot rod concept car could be the star of one of the world's biggest motor shows, reports GLENN BUTLER.

Holden's award-winning Efijy concept car looks set to star at January's North American International Auto Show in Detroit, one of the world's biggest motor shows.

Holden insiders told drive.com.au at the Sydney motor show in October that plans were "on track" for Efijy to appear on the General Motors stand.

Our Holden source said Efijy's trans-Pacific trip was "looking good" to become a reality, though officially Holden hasn't confirmed it as yet.

"There has been a lot of interest in this car from the United States," Holden spokesperson Jason Laird told drive.com.au, "and also from Europe. We've basically had to weigh them up against the car's local schedule to see if they can be accommodated."

Laird said the possibility of Efijy going to America can't be ruled out, "especially after it was just named the Hot Rod of the Year by Hot Rod magazine".

What's unclear is whether the Efijy would grace the stand of one of General Motors' factory brands, or be displayed by show organisers, or even an aftermarket parts supplier.

"We've had requests to show the car from a variety of people and organisations," said Laird. "And while it would be great for Holden to show the concept overseas, nothing's locked in."

Full article:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/holden-efi...2056967408.html

:wub: WHO DO I HAVE TO KILL TO GET THIS CAR???

PLEASE G.M. - BUILD ME ONE!!! OH WHAT LINES AND THE BLEND OF OLD AND NEW IS BEYOND AWESOME! Would it be too much to ask to build it out of Aluminum, on a stretched Z06 frame and driveline. Paint mine the same color or Le Mans Blue...perhaps even some of that Aqua Blur if you have some left over from the SSR program...Steering wheel on the left please. 6 speed automatic with manumatic shifters on the steering wheel please.

If you can build a 1000 HP Toronado for Leno, you sure as shootin' could conjure up one of these for me! I have spent the better part of half a million with your company on your cars!!!

• 1 month later...

Buick Blackhawk hardtop?

My thoughts too, but a "down-under" version. Or maybe the offspring of ZZ Top's Cadzilla and the Blackhawk??

Posted Image

Posted Image

:rolleyes:

Edited by rkmdogs

The Efijy is stunning. THIS is what you should be getting for maybach/bentley/ferrari money, not the junk they put out.

I don't believe it would sell well enough to offset the required investment; I can't get behind the business case for that, but I would love to see it in limited production anyway.

but I would love to see it in limited production anyway.

I agree, as long as they don't make two mistakes they did with the SSR's first launch. Overpriced & Underpowered. The LS2 at least help the underpowered part but price will be what decides if the car will be a hit or flop. By any chance this does make production (I'm not placing any bets it will), we also have to take into effect a how much a production version would get watered down.

This would be an awesome Buick Riviera or Roadmaster!

Yes, Agreed.

I swear I will never get you guys.....I guess I'm just different in every circle I surround myself with.

It's a great concept, and that's all it should be....to even attempt a business case for this would be an exercise in penis-wagging.

Of course, there is a tremendous amount of automotive "penis-wagging" out there on dealership lots: ferrari, bentley, AMG mercedes, tuner bmws, rolls, maserati, land-rover, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture. Unfortunately, all of those and their ilk fall short of the craftsmanship readily obvious in the EFIJY- so in that respect the car "should" be built; there's a market for it.

What the EFIJY would cost to build as a production vehicle, is another matter.