Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Taking a step

ocnblu

I just sent, through Edmunds, price quote requests to 4 local GMC dealers for a 2007 Sierra. We'll see if they are interested in getting back with me, and what kind of discounts they'll offer. Edmunds says I should be able to buy the truck for $600 under MSRP.

The truck I spec'd:

2WD regular cab shortbed

SLE1 decor package

LY5 5.3L engine

G80 locking differential, 3.42 ratio

SLE1 Preferred Package

Stealth Gray with Dark/Light Titanium interior

MSRP: $26,460.

I have a purchase price, a downpayment, and a monthly payment ceiling in mind. Now I'll wait to see which dealer responds with the best price. Wish me luck.

Edited by ocnblu

I just sent, through Edmunds, price quote requests to 4 local GMC dealers for a 2007 Sierra.  We'll see if they are interested in getting back with me, and what kind of discounts they'll offer.  Edmunds says I should be able to buy the truck for $600 under MSRP.

The truck I spec'd:

2WD regular cab shortbed

SLE1 decor package

LY5 5.3L engine

G80 locking differential, 3.42 ratio

SLE1 Preferred Package

Stealth Gray with Dark/Light Titanium interior

MSRP:  $26,425.

I have a purchase price, a downpayment, and a monthly payment ceiling in mind.  Now I'll wait to see which dealer responds with the best price.  Wish me luck.

223197[/snapback]

Good luck! I test drove an SLE2 Crewcab 4x4 with the 5.3 and Z71 package...and it drove great! The steering is SO much better! The dealership asked me what I'd "want" in an extended cab as they were placing orders...so in THEORY they could order the truck that I want...but we'll see. I'm still debating between the 5.3 and the 6.0...and the SLT x-cab 4x4 with 6.0 is pushing 40K...SO I may need to wait a bit on that!

Well, I heard from two of the four dealerships I contacted so far, both thanking me for my interest in the 2007 Sierra crewcab. :rolleyes:

Even though I checked the box requesting only email correspondence, both places called my house and left messages in addition to the emails.

I wrote back to both clarifying what I'm looking for. Hopefully now, everything will gel.

Good luck with this Ocn... your Colorado is very nice, but I think you'll be happier in a full-sizer again. Plus you choose GMC, so you know you're getting my :thumbsup: on this one! Definitely keep us posted on what happens.

Btw, I snuck into the local Buick-Pontiac-GMC dealership yesterday to grab the all-new 2007 Sierra and 2007 Acadia brochures. Only one regular cab Sierra pictured in the entire booklet, and not even a good shot at that (at least it was pictured in the dark blue :P ). I was thinking we'd get the OUTLOOK when the Envoy lease expires in 2008, especially because of the other two Saturns in the driveway, but the pictures of the Acadia in its brochure definitely have caught my attention. It will be a tough choice come summer of 2008 (this time, we're looking to buy rather than lease - family duty (trips, short & long) will be its primary responsibility).

Ocn, I will say that if you end up getting the all-new 2007 Sierra, I will be jealous! :hissyfit:

:lol::):lol::):lol::P

Nah, I had an '02 Silverado of the same style (it was a "Base Plus" with 4.8 and I modded it a bit), it was a nice truck, but I want the improvements everyone is raving about, plus, I really like the style of the new ones.

Good luck with this Ocn... your Colorado is very nice, but I think you'll be happier in a full-sizer again.  Plus you choose GMC, so you know you're getting my :thumbsup: on this one!  Definitely keep us posted on what happens.

Btw, I snuck into the local Buick-Pontiac-GMC dealership yesterday to grab the all-new 2007 Sierra and 2007 Acadia brochures.  Only one regular cab Sierra pictured in the entire booklet, and not even a good shot at that (at least it was pictured in the dark blue :P ).  I was thinking we'd get the OUTLOOK when the Envoy lease expires in 2008, especially because of the other two Saturns in the driveway, but the pictures of the Acadia in its brochure definitely have caught my attention.  It will be a tough choice come summer of 2008 (this time, we're looking to buy rather than lease - family duty (trips, short & long) will be its primary responsibility)

Ocn, I will say that if you end up getting the all-new 2007 Sierra, I will be jealous!  :hissyfit:

:lol:  :)  :lol:  :)  :lol:  :P

224139[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't know what I was reading when I wrote that--I must have just seen the word old somewhere.

Are regular cabs on any lots yet, or even in production?

Yeah, there's a thread about Fort Wayne starting regular and extended cab production up in the Chevy truck section.

224377[/snapback]

Yeah, so there's still at most only a few out there right now. Pretty limited supply, I would think.

Trading or selling is up in the air right now. If anyone here wants my Colorado, PM me. It's been great, but a new toy calls. By factory ordering, I have 6-8 weeks before it comes in, normally, so I have a few weeks to decide.

Well, tonight I put 2 dealers against each other. One dealership about 15 miles away quoted a lower price than the one 6 miles away, so I asked if they could match it. If they can match, I am going to go ahead with this.

Congrats on the GMC purchase/order ocnblu... you know you have my seal of approval on this one! Please keep us informed of it's progress, and promise us that you'll take many, many, many pictures when it arrives.

The SKY would be in trouble if a SPORTSIDE BED option returns for teh GMT-900 pickups. I could really dig a 2007 Sierra Regular Cab Sportside Bed Z71 4wd (assuming the bed design looks good). I sure do hope GM brings this option back. :scratchchin:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey buddy, I know how you feel... while it only took 8 weeks (2 months) from the time the order was accepted until it arrived at the dealership, just waiting for the SKY ordering to open up felt like an eternity. You have to remember that GM/Saturn showed the darn thing for over a year before they allowed orders to be placed. I first laid my eyes on one at the February '05 Philly show, and didn't get to place my order until 13 months later. Then I had to wait an additional two months for it to be built & shipped. While you're excited about your new truck (and so am I - can't wait to see pics of it), your wait won't be nearly as long as mine was :lol::lol::lol:

All I know so far is, GM has received my order and put it in their order bank. Today is 4 weeks.

I am hoping to sell my Colorado, and I'll put an ad in here probably this weekend. It's gonna be hard to know when to put a local ad in, although I think my boss will let me use something if it goes before my Sierra comes in.

Satty, that toy Yoda is sooo going on the dashboard of my new truck.

K.C., it's gonna be an SLE1 regular cab shortbed 2WD in Stealth Gray with Ebony interior, 5.3L, G80 locking rear end, and Preferred Package.

Global warming.

No but, seriously, I like the "sport truck" look of this bodystyle, and I think the G80 locker will get me where I need to go on the few days a year we actually have difficulty travelling in snow. I'm already checking out exhaust systems online. Now that I'm going back to a V8, I want loud pipes! A hard tonneau cover, smooth, flat, bodycolor tailgate topper and chrome handles and mirror caps are also a good possibility.

Edited by ocnblu

Wow, all that and a new NASCAR Tshirt. Now all you need is a mullet and you will be set! :lol:

Seriously, I was just curious as to why some people go from a 4by to a 2by. I don't think I could ever do it up here. My first years up here in Canada I had a 2by truck and it was horrible. Thanks for filling me in bud.