ocnblu

Sunday Breakfast

77 posts in this topic

I eat breakfast every day, but during the week it's cold cereal, fruit, and juice. Once in a while on Sundays, I splurge and have a nice, big, hot breakfast.

I just finished 4 eggo waffles, two eggs, and six pieces of bacon. Feelin' fat and happy!

Does anyone else go all out for a weekend breakfast? What do you like to make?

Yeah, all out to McDonald's. The weather is nasty here today - rain and gloomy. Had a day planned at the dunes with my partner. Guess we'll just sit at home, play on the computer. He ate two egg McMuffins. I behaved and only had one, then broke down and bought a butter tart at a coffee shop. I think I will make a huge roast beef dinner and invite over some of our single friends who were probably out partying last night and could use a good meal.

I eat breakfast every day, but during the week it's cold cereal, fruit, and juice.  Once in a while on Sundays, I splurge and have a nice, big, hot breakfast.

I just finished 4 eggo waffles, two eggs, and six pieces of bacon.  Feelin' fat and happy!

Does anyone else go all out for a weekend breakfast?  What do you like to make?

[post="19783"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Usually have Oatmeal on Saturdays, but Sundays end up being an Eggs, Bacon and Toast affair. Quite the pound packer! Edited by Cremazie

Yeah, I'm still not hongry after all that. I'll prolly not eat until 5 or so. It's a lazy Sunday thing. ^_^

my mom made waffles...so I had some big waffles with the regular butter and syrup plus blueberries and raspberries all covered in a giant mound of whipped cream.

Depends on my mood. If I make a big breakfast, it usually is a Sunday. Sometimes if I have the forsight I prep some french toast Saturday night so it's nice and ready for cooking on Sunday. Sometimes waffles sound good, but our waffle iron is terrible. I'm never in the mood for pancakes. Never cared much for those. I'd have to dress them up a lot to make them appealing, and on Sundays I value simplicity. If I'm entertaining on a Sunday morning, the brunch will usually have most of the following: French Toast Bacon Omelettes (bacon, onion/chive, cheese, cilantro) or another type of egg Muffins Bagels Fruit Salad My sister usually helps though...makes things a little easier :) There's nothing better than a good breakfast...

I went to the Indian buffet for champagne brunch today. -lamb curry -sag (spinach curry) -tandoori chicken -whatever the vegetable of the day was (looked to be gooseneck squash) With naan bread on the side, bubbly to sip up, and gulab jamun for dessert. Knock none of it until you try it.

I never eat breakfast.

[post="19896"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Unless it's for dinner or once in a great while on a Sunday.. I'm with ya, bro.

i usually end up in a diner between the hours of 3am-7am doin my best to sober up with two egg chz and bacon on bagel sandwhichs with a large order of fries and a pack of cigurattes :alcoholic:

Good Lord, man! After all that, I'd be like the dude that explodes after one bite of wafer... :huh:

I had half a tub of Ben & Jerry's for breakfast the other day.

Breakfast is my favorite meal..usually just cereal, coffee and OJ (occasionally a bagel during the week), but we usually always go out on Sundays for breakfast..favorite places are a local place called 'Dozens'..or chains like 'Original Pancake House', 'The Egg and I'.. wish we had a Cracker Barrel close by or a Bob Evans (I miss going to those--used to always go to them when I lived in the Midwest). Bacon, sausage, pancakes, crepes...mmm..(or a baguette with ham and cheese--I loved eating those in Europe). My g/f and I spent the weekend in Aspen and had a great breakfast there yesterday.. the fall colors were great--perfect weekend for driving a convertible in the mountains (though it was down to 45 degrees at the top of Independence Pass--about 12k ft elevation).

You guys eat a lot of pig in the morning...do the chest pains feel like a knife, a sword, or a gun?

I was going to make breakfast this morning. I was going to do eggs, bacon, hash browns, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, anything else I could find. Upon learning this, the lump under the covers said, "Come back to bed and dont get out til its time for lunch." mr-t.gif unsure.gif dry.gif

I take it the lump doesn't appreciate your culinary talents?

Not at 7am. She's still asleep, I've already chomped down 3 cinnamon rolls.

Her loss. Come on over and cook up some eggs and sausage for us. Sound good?smilewide.gif

Aw damnit now I'm hungry.

We haven't done much in the way of cooking since the hot water heater shit the bed, and we're not spending $800 to replace it to so can use it for 2 weeks before moving out. My prick of a father can enjoy it when he move in.

But anyway...I may just have to make something now...maybe eggs with some pepper jack and bacon....also if we have the good for french toast i may do that too...I love french toast

Since I'm usually at church from 7am-2pm on Sunday, I haven't made a good Sunday breakfast in a while.

I would usually hook up some waffles or pancakes (depends on who's eating, because the wife isn't too fond of waffles dry.gif), cheese eggs, turkey bacon or sausage, and maybe some hash browns (homemade if we have potatoes, frozen if we don't or if I'm making them). Wash it all down with some orange juice or apple juice.

Then don't move for a few hours. smile.gif

Had OJ, coffee, fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon and toast at a small local restaurant in Marathon, FL this morning. Normally, I eat cereal or a bagel at home during the week, but usually go out for a big breakfast on the weekends..

So this must be the record for resurrected posts from the past?
It's like a retro post.

I tend to go out on the weekends for big breakfasts....partly for food and partly to see hot people.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor