Sign in to follow this  
CreativeVision

Soon to be proud new owner...

My mom plans to test drive one in the next few weeks...

A friend of hers test drove one and is looking to buy one...

I have to say they are nice looking..

I've seen two or three within the past few days, along with a couple of Outlooks. Definitely a good sign. :thumbsup:

I've seen a two Acadia's (red one and black one) and one black Outlook, I must say I like em alot and the drivers looked like they would be your typical honda/toyota drivers. :)

What does a typical Honda/Toyota driver look like?

Anyone that's bought an Acadia, how's the milage?

I know they're rated at 24-26 highway depending on AWD or not. My wife really wants one of these things but it's hard for me to part with our 03 Impala that gets 34mgp on a good day.

Anyone that's bought an Acadia, how's the milage?

I know they're rated at 24-26 highway depending on AWD or not. My wife really wants one of these things but it's hard for me to part with our 03 Impala that gets 34mgp on a good day.

I don't have mine yet, but you should head over to Acadiaforums for more info. There are a ton of people who already have theirs and I'm sure you'd get faster responses. I can tell you for sure there is no way you'll see the 34 mpg you get with the Impala, but if your lifestyle needs require a bigger vehicle this is something to think about.

If you're getting 34 mpg in the Impala, you will get better than 24 mpg in the Acadia, and you may even get better than 30. Of course in most states an Impala comes standard with the Flexfuel V6, and that's not yet an option when you fill up the Acadia.

Unlike some vehicles (especially a lot of the new GMT-900's) the Lambda crossovers actually seem to be getting very good real world fuel economy numbers. They're still pretty large and heavy, so no 30+, but a lot of people are averaging 23-26 on the highway and right in the 18-21 range in general and around town. That may not seem stellar, but it's better than just about any larger SUV or crossover out there aside from the Ford Freestyle (still mpg king), and a TON better than something like a new Tahoe.

The 3.6L 6-speed combo is a sweety, and is just about a perfect match to these ute's in terms of performance, refinement, and economy--all without cylinder deactivation tricks. Just as with the Lambdas in general, they seem to have gotten just about everything spot on, throughout.

Seeing as how the Acadia or OUTLOOK are in consideration as a replacement for the '05 Envoy, I'm impressed with those MPG numbers that caddycruiser posted. The wife drives 98% of her 32-mile one-way commute on highways, and the best the Envoy's gotten is around 17 MPG. When I use it for commuting to work (7 miles one-way, two-lane road) I get about 15 MPG. So seeing higher numbers with a larger vehicle like the Acadia is reassuring.

Seeing as how the Acadia or OUTLOOK are in consideration as a replacement for the '05 Envoy, I'm impressed with those MPG numbers that caddycruiser posted. The wife drives 98% of her 32-mile one-way commute on highways, and the best the Envoy's gotten is around 17 MPG. When I use it for commuting to work (7 miles one-way, two-lane road) I get about 15 MPG. So seeing higher numbers with a larger vehicle like the Acadia is reassuring.

Yep, and actually, it's turning out to be another big selling point, especially since they really DO get those numbers. Somehow, GM just hit it out of the park with the Lambdas, in more ways than just about any other of their recent vehicles.

Unlike some vehicles (especially a lot of the new GMT-900's) the Lambda crossovers actually seem to be getting very good real world fuel economy numbers. They're still pretty large and heavy, so no 30+, but a lot of people are averaging 23-26 on the highway and right in the 18-21 range in general and around town.

Those numbers are consistent w/ my experience. I've never gotten 26mpg, but cruising on a long trip close to 80mph yielded around 22. I'm sure at 60-65mph that is attainable.

I have spoken to 1 Acadia owner and a pair of Outlook owners - all of which raved about the cars by the way - all three of them were averaging 21-22 in mixed driving, which I think is stellar for something so big!

I can see why the trade with the dealer fell through though - these are an extremely hot ticket right now. In Cedar Rapids, people are FOLLOWING the transports onto the lots to get the Acadia. The Outlook is right there three abreast and everyone is fighting over the Acadias. Go figure. The average lot time on the Acadia around here seems to be 3 days tops.

On another note - the Enclaves are not moving - I think interest is building...but I still see the same three on the lot where the Acadia is flying out the doors...hmm :scratchchin:

On another note - the Enclaves are not moving - I think interest is building...but I still see the same three on the lot where the Acadia is flying out the doors...hmm :scratchchin:

I think the Enclave is moving slow for a few reasons:

• The dealers haven't built up a good selection (colors, trims, options), so it's tough to go shopping for one when each dealer only has a couple on the lot. Ex: We spent the last couple weeks searching for a Cocoa CXL at about 10 dealerships. Most of them are silver, with a few reds and blues here and there. Of the 3 Cocoa ones we found, 1 was being driven by the dealership owner's wife, 1 had a supposed $5000 mark-up and couldn't be delivered until June 28 because the dealership needed it for some demo on that day, and the third one ended up in our driveway. Regardless of color, they all tend to be well optioned CXL's.
  • Advertising? Not too many on the road for people to see?
  • Maybe because it's coming out at an odd time of the year with respect to new vechilces usually coming out in September?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook