Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flybrian

SHANGHAI: 2008 Buick Park Avenue (China)

93 posts in this topic

I think the Lucerne is ready for replacement... this looks fantastic.

What a fantastic-looking interior! I love this car, Impala-esque tail lights/decklid and all.

Looks fantastic. Interior design is reminiscent of previous Lexus LS, but it looks damn good nonetheless.

Wow. The interior is more luxurious than any Cadillac we have in the US. Buick needs something like this here... With some slight exterior modifications (like horizontal taillights), it would look downright fabulous next to an Enclave.

This things looks huge (from the side profile). Interior looks top notch despite the probable low grade materials (hard plastics from the looks of it). Why isn't this vehicle offered here? This looks much more upscale than anything Buick has to offer here.

Holy cow, that interior looks great!

This things looks huge (from the side profile). Interior looks top notch despite the probable low grade materials (hard plastics from the looks of it). Why isn't this vehicle offered here? This looks much more upscale than anything Buick has to offer here.

:blink:

Where are these hard-looking plastics and low-grade materials you speak of?

Unarguably the best looking modern day Buick sedan.

Very well executed. I like the Impala styled taillamps and the front is awesome.

It is amazing that Buick China took the Holden Caprice and dressed it up that much. The interior looks very rich. It does not look stripped or anything. They would hardly need to change much to make it an American Buick. The sad thing is.. I knew GM was going to do this.. They are torturing people like VenSeattle with something he cannot have. It is like dangling a bottle in front of a baby when you know he wants it.

I do not understand why GM North America feels Buick does not deserve cars like this.. The LaCrosse and Lucerne's look stripped and more like Chevrolet Impalas compared to their Chinese counter parts. Why is it always GM everywhere else around the world gets it, and North American GM does not.

Are they afraid a car like this would hurt Cadillac sales?

The SLS looks better than the update we are getting..

I thought GM said they were going to become global in their approach.

That is a car that is "worthy" of the Park Avenue name.

All I can say is wow.. At least they are not holding up some Oldsmobile over my head I would want I could not have....

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

This is SO sad... that car is absolutely beautiful.

There is NO reason why we can't have that here.

And look, there was no problem making radio and HVAC units look nice in a center console.

The interior is pretty flawless. I can pick at the exterior here and there, but its very nice. This would make a good SWB-Zeta Lucerne with an Invicta/Electra/whatever LWB version slotted above it.

Interesting... it appears the footwells are illuminated with white LEDs. Nice.

I have a general question that I'll just throw here because it appears this vehicle doesn't have them... cornering lamps. I know they're available on the CXL and CXS Lucerne, not available with the LaCrosse nor Enclave. The Enclave does however have articulating headlamps. Am I to assume this is the new replacement for cornering lamps? I loved them on cars.

It is amazing that Buick China took the Holden Caprice and dressed it up that much. The interior looks very rich. It does not look stripped or anything. They would hardly need to change much to make it an American Buick. The sad thing is.. I knew GM was going to do this.. They are torturing people like VenSeattle with something he cannot have. It is like dangling a bottle in front of a baby when you know he wants it.

I do not understand why GM North America feels Buick does not deserve cars like this.. The LaCrosse and Lucerne's look stripped and more like Chevrolet Impalas compared to their Chinese counter parts. Why is it always GM everywhere else around the world gets it, and North American GM does not.

Are they afraid a car like this would hurt Cadillac sales?

The SLS looks better than the update we are getting..

I thought GM said they were going to become global in their approach.

That is a car that is "worthy" of the Park Avenue name.

All I can say is wow.. At least they are not holding up some Oldsmobile over my head I would want I could not have....

I will say it again, it has to do with the enormous price difference between a US Lucerne and a Chinese Park Avenue. The 3.6 L costs $US50,250 after all.

Import this thing and slot it above the Lucerne, $h! I want one and I am not a huge RWD guy.

:blink:

Where are these hard-looking plastics and low-grade materials you speak of?

He was probably looking at a picture of the CSX when he's typing it.

Wow, that is a stunning Buick..and that interior is gorgeous. This is better than anything Buick NA has...bring it over here just like this..name and all!

Check out the fully integrated center stack!

Edited by Dodgefan

He was probably looking at a picture of the CSX when he's typing it.

Ouch...

Is there a 5spd auto with the 2.8 and a 6spd auto with the 3.6? Or are both 5 or 6 speeds?

Wow, that is a stunning Buick..and that interior is gorgeous. This is better than anything Buick NA has...bring it over here just like this..name and all!

Check out the fully integrated center stack!

$US50,250–$US64,468 price tag for the 3.6 L and all? That price tag buys a lot of the goodies you see here.

$US50,250–$US64,468 price tag for the 3.6 L and all? That price tag buys a lot of the goodies you see here.

2 words: Flagship model.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0