SPY SHOTS! 2008/9 Toyota Sequoia

Flybrian

Spycam: Next-gen Toyota Sequoia
Posted Image
Link to Original Article @ MotorTrend

The next-generation Toyota Sequoia, the king of Toyota's SUV family, has been snapped for the first time up close and personal by the Brenda Priddy spy crew.

Codenamed 200L, the all-new vehicle is based on the new Tundra platform and is being designed to go head-to-head with GM's GMT 900 family of large SUVs. Expect the Sequoia to offer the same engine options as its Tundra sibling -- the 4.7 and 5.7-liter V-8s.

According to Priddy, both the SR5 and Limited (front view) trim models were being tested of this new beast, which looks plenty big enough to rival the interior room of the GM offerings and clearly has Tundra DNA in its design. Judging by the trailer that is hitched up to the Limited example, expect it to rival The General's SUVs in towing capacity as well.

Of course, with Toyota pressing its advantage on the hybrid front, we'll be interested to see what fuel-saving technologies, if any, it will employ on the new Sequoia. GM has been making news lately with its plans to hybridize its full-size SUV fleet, and it will be interesting to see what Toyota will do to counter the move.

Production of the new Sequoia is expected to begin sometime around the end of the year, with its auto show reveal rumored to be at next February's Chicago Auto Show. Expect to see it on showroom floors by spring of 2008 at the latest. Still unclear is if it will be a 2008 or 2009 model year vehicle.

wonder who is responsible for recent designs...

whenever we do anything in the army... we do a quick aer... After Excersize Review...

first we go and ask... What was Supposed to happen:

and someone at toyota will say, Make the sequoia bigger, and give it some stylish que's

then we ask, what really happened...?

silence...?

things to improve on?

....?

things that went well...?

...?

It looks pudgy, especially around back, but it may be the camo...otherwise it looks ok from what I can tell...but I swear if it has bulging lights like every other f***ing Toyota lately, I will set one on fire and run the guy who designed it over with a Tahoe.

Yeah....like you can tell ANYTHING with all that camo.....

In my mind, the Tundra face will make it aggressive and stylish.......

Very contradictory, no? First you say you can't tell anything, then you say the face (that you can clearly see is basically the Tundra) is going to make it aggressive and stylish... so can you tell or not?

Anyways, I don't think the Tundra's front end is too attractive, and I will be very surprised and astonished if Toyota's sales don't start to fall with all of their horrific new designs. There must be some good $h! out there if there is a countless number of people who think the new Toyota's have any sort of attractiveness at all. Then again, maybe the people who buy them really don't care if they drive an ugly car and therefore we shouldn't care if they buy them.

key words

everyone's entitled to their own opinion... accept my wife has a shirt that says "everyone is entitired to my opinion"

but... thats the thing here... the sequoia didnt really need a bigger bulkier apperance...

currently i beilieve vehicles are starting to slim down and look sleek rather then huge... so i believe they missed the boat, but if the market was to get bigger and bigger... then they'd made a good try...

but like the GMT900, although the vehicle is a little bigger, it doesnt have the apperance, most customers said it looked smaller then the GMT800's...

GM and Ford have a much stronger hold on the large SUV market than Toyota has. For Toyota to make this thing bigger and heavier is just digging itself an earlier grave with the way gas prices are. GM has sold 59,000 Tahoes and Ford has sold 60,000 Expeditions through May. Meanwhile, Toyota has sold 11,000 Sequoias. And here they are making the pig even thirstier. Unless they have some surprise under the rug like a hybrid, I expect sales to tick up a little when first released and then it'll be piles of rebates on the hood like the Tundra. Just wait and see.

Man, this thing is going to be FUGLY just like the Tundra and sit on Toyota's lots JUST like the Tundra.

Yet people will praise their styling saying Toy did a nice integration of design for its SUV and Truck.

• 2 weeks later...