What Are You Listening To?

• 3 weeks later...

Ive seen the Exorcist 3-4 times. All before I was 30 years old. Scared the living daylights out of me every single time.   The last time, I was 24 or 25 years old (around 1997-98)  or even 26.  

Now, this last time, I wasnt really scared of the movie, just the circumstances around my surroundings. At this point in my life, I  didnt believe in ghosts or witches or goblins. I was in peak form physically and mentally and most of all, I was an adult. A young, handsome fella.  Lets be real, the only thing I was afraid of was my very Greek mother.  

Ok...back to the Exorcist that I saw when I was in my mid-20s for the last time.  

I rented the movie.  It wasnt the special, never-before-seen special edition version.  It was the regular version. 

Well, this particular summer night happened to be a very windy night.  No air-con in my parent's house so my bedroom window was open to let the cool air breeze flow.  Like a cliche, there was a tree outside my window. And it rattled on the house when there was a strong enough breeze.  

Let me repeat, I wasnt afraid of a possessed Linda Blair, swearing and vomiting on movie actor Priests. But by Golly every time that stupid tree rubbed against the house I opened my eyes real wide.  I didnt sleep well that particular night.  The next night I slept like I hadnt slept for 2 days and nights.  But I havent seen this movie again...  I dont really have the appetite to see the deleted scenes either as of now...  My 48 year old ass wont be able to handle my ego being bruised if it happens to be another breezy night... 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

A very cool and unique piece of music.  And also very suited to the movie to which it attaches.

I love this....

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was watching the hockey game last night. A commercial is playing and the song used is a new cover of we will we will rock YOU! 

I wake up this morning with it in my head and I still cant seem to shake off the guitar solo. 

So, here (hear)... a whole hour of it!

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

Been listening all day to k-pop and got the house cleaned, yard tidied up and now getting ready to BBQ, thought I would see how quiet it is and this song just came on.

Girls Day - Something

ROFLMAO :roflmao:

Todays PC world, this song would never have gotten made.

kpop - Touch my Body!

4 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Bastille Day and @A Horse With No Name's Mona Lisa joke brought me to this:

If you've been to the Louvre, the Mona Lisa painting is startlingly small.  And, because of how it's protected, you can photograph her.

I want to go back to France, nat king Cole is one of my favorites. 

• Agree 1

Late night working, listening to the K-Pop song Troublemaker.  HyunA is freaking HOT HOT HOT!

HyunA has a very successful solo career.

image.png

Notice that in the song Mona Lisa by Nat King Cole, the music in the background is just there to COMPLIMENT his singing. What a voice!!!   

Its tooo damn bad that the singing standards have been steadily declining since then to where we are now today...

• Agree 1

Watched the new 'McCartney 3,2,1' documentary on Hulu last night...interesting doc w/ producer Rick Rubin interviewing Paul McCartney and discussing history of various Beatles (and Wings) songs and how they were crafted. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Some Euro-pop

- - - - -

British:

Criticize it or the genre all you want, but its success says something.

- - - - -

German:

Somewhat otherworldly.

- - - - -

It's weird how they don't sound too, too foreign (to a North American ear) when they are singing, but they do when they speak.

• Like 2

Same Tesla's competition's thread where now we are bashing Ferraris.  😪

I had another urge to listen to and look at an American rocker before he joined another iconic American rock band and the song was featured in an '80s pop culture masterpiece that the video starred...yup! You guessed it!  A FERRARI!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Neat new track 'Bitter Taste' by '80s idol Billy Idol... the guitar part reminds me a bit of Chris Issak's 'Wicked Game'...would fit well in a David Lynch film...appears to be a '65 Buick full size early in the video.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

^^^ 

1. The song could have been released in the '80s and it would not have been out of place.  A little less hard and edgy than what Billy was actually releasing in the '80s, but its still vintage Billy Idol.

2. After all these years, he still sounds the same. Not only with his actual vocals, but him being at retiree age, his vocals have not lost a beat what so ever.

LOVE the song!  

@Robert Hall  Thanx for posting it!

PS: True about Wicked Game.  I also hear a little bit of  White Wedding in the song. 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

Here's a trifecta of songs that I listen to at times to irritate myself and which might possibly irritate you, too:

3.  In my world, this is "the Tampa Sunshine Skyway Bridge song."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

All I saw was the El Camino, '66 I believe.

Could be.  The Elco had buttons up high also on the dash. Couldn’t really see much of the exterior of the vehicle. Saw a badge on the rear quarter but couldn’t read it on my phone. Edit: watched again, could briefly see the horizontal speedo and the close rear window of an Elco.  Need to watch on a tv. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

For some reason I thought it would be Jagger that went first (Richards is immortal).
Wonder if they'll retire the band now. They should.

Was invited to a show 5 years ago and yes, they should have retired 10 years ago plus. My friend who took me to the show said they still travel and perform to pay for the up keep on their castles in England. :lol:

I last saw the Stones in Vegas in 2005, they were great then...was almost a 3hr show IIRC.   I had tickets to see them here in Cleveland last year, the show was postponed and then cancelled...   Almost a 60 year run, pretty incredible.   They made a lot of memorable music...

I was sitting at my local Starbucks and this song piped in.  It was sort of slow in there and, as soon as it came on, a couple of the younger employees started to bump and grind with each other almost reflexively.  And I was thinking how this song preceded their births by a decade or two!

Either way, it's a great and inimitable song ... and these kids working at Starbucks have good taste!

• Like 1

As happy as I am today, I am just as sad. I didnt think I was gonna shed a tear, but as I am listening to this, I am starting to water up.

RIP

As much as his music is beautiful, like how beautiful Greece is, his life was full of turmoil, exactly mirroring Greece's reality at this time. One that he was entangled with.   

And one that may be known to you guys outside of your typical Greek bouzouki sounds and melodies

• Agree 1