What Are You Listening To?

6 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

This song comes on the restaurant's radio.  First time I hear it. 

My cashier, 20 years old, starts singing it. Belting it word for word while doing a funky dance.  (Store was empty) I catch on, but I start saying: They call my name. They call my name. They call my name.  She tells me quite sterningly (is that even a word?) that those are not the words...

The phoque I care...all I could hear with the beat is this song...

Never felt so old though...

HA on her though!  20 years old and she cant go clubbing...  COVID!

I was on top of the world  @20! 

We are old...but those are some great jams... 🙂 

• Agree 2

Listening to this, really enjoying the rhythm. The guy is an idiot for breaking up with this hottie. :P 

Gotta say love the subtitles to understand the song, funny the way K-Pop uses so much English in their songs.

One of my all time favorite songs...  Pride (in the name of love)  Thanx for playing it.  

Ill match you one for one on that playlist.  Ill do 1 U2 song, 1 Oingo Boingo song and one Talking Heads song.

Its too easy to do early U2.  So, Ill do early 1990s. My head has been there anyway (for songs) the last few weeks.  (Eurodance...I just dont post them...)

To touch is to heal, to hurt is to steal,  if you wanna kiss the sky better learn how to kneel. On your knees boy! 

Ok...I need to post this one too.  (Why do I remember this as a Pepsi commercial?   Anyway...both songs were huge in the Montreal clubbing scene. The only rock songs to be played other than Eurodance on the dance floor) 

I saw this movie a thousand times growing up.  I dont know why?   Perhaps,  Kelly LeBrock? 😍

Another movie I saw a thousand times growing up.   I have no idea why I kept renting this movie?  I dont suppose it was all the sexual content.  NAH...that cant be it.    2nd movie I ever saw that I rented. On BETA.  The  1st:  BACHELOR PARTY.  

Phoque it!

Spring/Summer 1991   I love, love this song    Great memories.   

And two from 1994

Jenny B.   The Queen of Eurodance.  Her eyes. Her voice.  She defined the summer music club scene for me in Montreal. 

Edited by oldshurst442

I've been hearing all this '70s Pandora music at merchants.  Could it be that the young people working at these places know a good thing?

Check out the tuxedo Billy Paul has on.  I hope they put it in a glass case. If not, it could have been recycled into Brougham level seating.

Smooth ... not really like any other song!  Beautiful.

• Agree 2

This is the one of the goofiest songs around.   Picture yourself in a lava lamp shop with this as background music.

The icing on the cake is the lady saying random things in Spanish in the background.  I think that asking students to decipher what she is saying, assuming you can hear her more clearly, would make for a good extra credit question on a Spanish 102 exam.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 4:22 PM, David said:

Spotify and Sirius XM are my friends for road trips depending on the auto I am driving.

I’ll be canceling XM as soon as my trial membership is up. The stations I like are too repetitive and the others don’t interest me.

7 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I’ll be canceling XM as soon as my trial membership is up. The stations I like are too repetitive and the others don’t interest me.

Would totally agree with you. For me, I have XM for life as it was a special GM ran when I bought the Escalade and so I got for $250 at the time a lifetime use of XM so hard to not use it when it is pretty much free.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im only here for one thing thing.

To mourn the death of Eddie Van Halen

Not my favorite VH tune. But it is the first that I was introduced to.  And...the video does showcase his talents on guitar and keyboard.

I usually dont cry when celebrities die.  I did cry when Robin Williams passed away.  Im feeling the urge to cry for Eddie.  But Im not gonna.  

RIP

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not because I like this song, but because I recently learned that such a song even existed.

Fairly nutty premise for a song.  I've seen her on TV, she reminds me of the grown up version of a girl who lived 6 or so houses up the street from us, and I like her LESS as a result of reading her bio, despite her being a NYU grad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 1:29 PM, David said:

That picture reminds me of the oil tanker derailment fire from Canada.

Garth Brooks Friends in low places!

I love this Garth brooks song. 

22 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

The Waterboys 'Whole of the Moon'..

Ultravox---Dancing with Tears in My Eyes

Awesome.